Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Excels posted:

realtalk i am genuinely excited whenever i see reggie announcing something. he's a really cool dude

And he's got a big rear end fuckin' face too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

enojy posted:

And he's got a big rear end fuckin' face too

reggie's house

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Excels posted:

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Launch_Games_%28US%29

ports, ports, party game sequels, more skylanders, mass effect 3, a bunch of minigame sequels, more ports, and zombiiU

drat i wonder why no one bought a wii u?>??

New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland and ZombiU all loving own. Lego City Undercover was also in the launch window and is fantastic. The XBone doesn't even have four good exclusives and it's been out for close to a year.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's a swell pic of reggie but I went to copy/paste it and it's hotlinked off giantbomb

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Chronojam posted:

That's a swell pic of reggie but I went to copy/paste it and it's hotlinked off giantbomb

its okay you can still do it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chronojam posted:

please report him for his filthy image leeching

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Oh please I'd never send one of my wii u friends up the river like that

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland and ZombiU all loving own. Lego City Undercover was also in the launch window and is fantastic. The XBone doesn't even have four good exclusives and it's been out for close to a year.

all those games are better than any exclusives on the XBone and they're not even top 5 games for the WiiU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Austrian mook posted:

all those games are better than any exclusives on the XBone and they're not even top 5 games for the WiiU

We're only talking about launch games. Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD came later. WiiU supremacy

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Chronojam posted:

i remember seeing a guy get banned for not using waffleimages, back in the day

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

We're only talking about launch games. Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD came later. WiiU supremacy

Also Donkey Kong, and Earthbound. Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad coming out before the end of the year. The wiiU is gonna be the best Nintendo console if this keeps up, regardless of future 3rd party support.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

i am in love with reggie

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

Also Donkey Kong, and Earthbound. Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad coming out before the end of the year. The wiiU is gonna be the best Nintendo console if this keeps up, regardless of future 3rd party support.

Not true, Nintendo is a better company with third party support than without.

Captain Toad doesn't look fun. But Bayonetta 2 does but Bayonetta 2 will continue the proud long tradition of nobody giving a poo poo about Bayonetta.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Captain Toad doesn't look fun.

YOU DON'T LOOK FUN

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

YOU DON'T LOOK FUN

It's an expanded minigame they pushed into a full game. The Mario spinoffs that did this(like Sports Mix) were not really strong titles.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Austrian mook posted:

Um you forgot Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros.

The best ever.

The Taint Reaper posted:

get the gently caress out of this thread, every thread, the forums, then kill yourself

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

get the gently caress out of this thread, every thread, the forums, then kill yourself

Look if I wanted to play a fun game where you're a ridiculed dwarf interacting with the cold, dark, and uncaring world around him. I'd wait for the Telltale Game of Thrones games.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Taint reaped again!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Um you forgot Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros.

Oh yeah, I did. Pushmo as well is another good game. I can't keep track of all the quality on the WiiU this year!

The Taint Reaper posted:

You loving piece of poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Look Captain toad is like the least likable Mario Character. This is like when they made the dragon quest spinoff around Torneko.

Nobody wants to play as the most unremarkable guy who wears ugly clothes. They should have made it based around Rosilina, since she makes Toadstool and Daisy look like pale imitators.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Wow. I guess the new anime dawn is upon us.
As foretold by the prophet Moe~hammad, peace be upon him.

N-Not that I like him or anything!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

Look Captain toad is like the least likable Mario Character. This is like when they made the dragon quest spinoff around Torneko.

Nobody wants to play as the most unremarkable guy who wears ugly clothes. They should have made it based around Rosilina, since she makes Toadstool and Daisy look like pale imitators.

Actually everyone in the world wants to play as Captain Toad, I'm sorry I had to break it to you like this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

... but the Torneko game completely owned and started a long line of spinoffs that continue to this day? I mean if Captain Toad is as successful as Torneko then Nintendo'd probably be real drat happy about that.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Captain Toad doesn't look fun

_________________________________________/

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're a dumb poor human being

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Captain Toad, Gaming's Ambrosia

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

... but the Torneko game completely owned and started a long line of spinoffs that continue to this day? I mean if Captain Toad is as successful as Torneko then Nintendo'd probably be real drat happy about that.

I don't remember the first Torneko game owning..

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps/374986-torneko-the-last-hope/index.html

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uh, that isn't the first Torneko game.

This was. Any game with "Mysterious Dungeon" in the title is based off Torneko's Great Adventure: The Mysterious Dungeon. Chunsoft has made over 25 of them and they're a long-running and popular franchise.

(Also The Last Hope got panned because it was a roguelike, not because it was bad.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 1, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Noted popular character "some poo poo no one's ever heard of " ah yes.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

This was. Any game with "Mysterious Dungeon" in the title is based off Torneko's Great Adventure: The Mysterious Dungeon. Chunsoft has made over 25 of them and they're a long-running and popular franchise.

(Also The Last Hope got panned because it was a roguelike, not because it was bad.)

wait Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is based on this? Wow.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

This was.

All this time I thought the PS1 release was just an updated port like a bunch of the others.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

wait Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is based on this? Wow.

Yep. Same developer (Chunsoft) and everything. They also did Shiren the Wanderer. There's also a bunch of knockoffs of it from other developers. Square-Enix has made a whole buncha knockoffs of it, including a Chocobo-themed one and that weird "Last Mission" thing from FFX-2 International.

The Taint Reaper posted:

All this time I thought the PS1 release was just an updated port like a bunch of the others.

Nah, The Last Hope is Torneko 2. The third one was a PS2 game. They also did a PS2 one starring Yangus instead of Torneko.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 1, 2014

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Taint Reaper posted:

It looks alright to me, but if they release it at $60 then lol

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rangpur posted:

As foretold by the prophet Moe~hammad, peace be upon him.

N-Not that I like him or anything!

ah, a tsundere

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

enojy posted:

It looks alright to me, but if they release it at $60 then lol
It's $40 and you'll probably be able to find it for $20 by the summer (Nintendo has games that either never go down in price EVER or plummet real fast)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's $40 and you'll probably be able to find it for $20 by the summer (Nintendo has games that either never go down in price EVER or plummet real fast)

mmmm $30's the best I can do

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

mmmm $30's the best I can do

Yeah at this price point I might get it, $40+ is too high. I'd pick it up for $20 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It'll be a game like kirby's epic yarn which at one point was selling for $8 from gamestops everywhere

Even if it is a 'Mario' game it is gonna drop in value

• Locked thread