Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rudoku posted:

I thought people stopped talking about Miley Cyrus.

You would think so. You would hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Did that Sloan guy actually blame Obama for talking about inversions?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did that Sloan guy actually blame Obama for talking about inversions?

Well, it's not like he's exactly wrong in saying that anything Obama supports Republicans would oppose.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
15 minutes for the headline.
5 minutes for the article.

It's Gawker, alright.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Strange Quark posted:

Well, it's not like he's exactly wrong in saying that anything Obama supports Republicans would oppose.

Yeah, hasn't he learned anything from 6 years in office? He should have said he was in favor of them.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

OBAMA IS A TYRANNICAL DICTATOR WHO MAKES HIS OWN LAWS :argh:

OBAMA IS A PUSSY WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN OFFICE, WE NEED A REAL LEADER LIKE PUTIN :argh:

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 1, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The GOP's boner for finding anything possible to be outraged and mock-terrified about is getting really old-hat.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Holy poo poo. Like, shouldn't he be at least reading from a script that has gone through 5 PR guys? Or maybe just shutting the gently caress up?

FIFA is worse.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I don't care what anybody says, Aubrey Plaza's brattiness only makes her hotter.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Who says anything bad about her? She is so drat adorable.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sleepingbuddha posted:

Who says anything bad about her? She is so drat adorable.

Shitlords who desperately try to stay ahead of trends in an unsuccessful attempt to be cool. (ie: hipsters, but not hot female ones like she plays)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So Isreal doesn't have any control over the media, just a list of words you're not allowed to say under any circumstances or you'll be permanently blacklisted.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Hey Kirkland Ellis, a Chicago firm!

404GoonNotFound posted:

So Isreal doesn't have any control over the media, just a list of words you're not allowed to say under any circumstances or you'll be permanently blacklisted.
Do not underestimate the power of the Israel lobby.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Oh boy, a rich lady here to tell us poors shouldn't have schools.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Senor

That's her husband.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

comes along bort posted:

Oh boy, a rich lady here to tell us poors shouldn't have schools.

Oh, right, this is the woman whose charter school program threw a shitfit because the NYC government threatened to let them use less public school resources than they expected.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
As someone who grew up watching my mom work as a public school teacher, I wish to extend a heartfelt gently caress YOU to Campbell Brown and her cowardly donors.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The lady who actually runs the group Reshma Singh, is a former charter school executive, so there's that.

haveblue posted:

Oh, right, this is the woman whose charter school program threw a shitfit because the NYC government threatened to let them use less public school resources than they expected.

Yep, it's a bunch of rich assholes (and ultimately the financial companies which bankroll them) upset because they can't steal more money and resources from the public school system.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how she answered the question about evolution. "Oh no, we're not taking away due process, we're only taking away tenure."

She's being willfully ignorant about what tenure is so she and her backers can gently caress teachers.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
That was a sick burn by the Delaware representative.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

I like how she answered the question about evolution. "Oh no, we're not taking away due process, we're only taking away tenure."

She's being willfully ignorant about what tenure is so she and her backers can gently caress teachers.

Also the vomit-inducing horseshit about protesters "wanting to keep the debate from happening." gently caress that noise.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
The bit about wanting to see more women on American currency reminds me of that one powerpuff girls episode, where the straw feminist only wanted to steal money so long as it had a woman on it - which entirely limited her to the silver dollar.

The really funny thing is that across the pond, we'll be having Jane Austen on the new £10 note.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
I'm disappointed that Colbert wasn't harder on Campbell Brown. I would have liked to see him make her answer the evolution question and reveal her donors.

I wonder if he's prepping for the late show and doesn't want to get too controversial and mess it up.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I figure now that Stephen has another gig in the bag, the "Senioritis" will start to show itself more and more.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I never heard of Campbell Brown before, but I'm already sick of the Rhee/Christie/Booker/film school documentary brand of education "reform" and it looks like this is right up the same alley.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Elizabeth Moss is just too adorable.

And holy crap, 70s Colbert!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Took me a while to catch the smoking gag.

darkerthantheday
Jul 21, 2007
Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!
Love how he's dragging on that cigarette(s). Also the 2 mics.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I want those space food sticks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like the retro logo in the background.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Do they really have to have this lovely loving Trivago commercial every god damned commercial break?

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I'm not alone in thinking Pat Buchanan is a horrible person for advocating destroying the tapes? That's just horrible, what an rear end in a top hat.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Maxwell Lord posted:

I like the retro logo in the background.

It looks a lot like the GI Joe Logo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Titan posted:

I'm not alone in thinking Pat Buchanan is a horrible person for advocating destroying the tapes? That's just horrible, what an rear end in a top hat.

That is not among the top 25 reasons Pat Buchanan is a terrible person.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I really can't stand Jordan Klepper.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Asylum is now starting production on WARBOLA.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jess looks like she is trying not to laugh.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's free real estate. :smug:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Too bad we don't have a set of elections to determine the people we want to run for office. A primary set of elections, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
This has been a rough week for the Daily Show so far.

MariusLecter posted:

It's free real estate. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVeRkAxg8I

• Locked thread