Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
I don't care if you don't check the Oath thread, y'all get to see my oath cause I love it.

In the darkest mists of Terra's past, a visionary ruler used the brazen bull to execute his foes. Man had forgotten this holy beast, but the gods that first whispered to the doomed inventor did not.

It is an object of veneration to the Brazen Daemons, their prayers tattooed upon the skins adorning its armor.

According to their interpretation of the Book of Lorgar, the holiest death is one in service to the gods of Chaos - such is the death of the slaves burned in the beast's bowels to awaken its burning heart.

Death at the hands of a true servant of the gods is a close second.

The last sight of Brother-Captain Dorius of the pitied Ultramarines - it was a blessed day, for his soul now rests with the true gods.

The great beast surrounded by its adoring cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
One, that is bitchin' as hell.

Two, I'm totally stealing that conversion idea for my Chaos Dwarves.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Yeah, that thing owns really hard.

EDIT: I really have nothing useful to contribute, other than that observation. Sorry.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
God drat

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sulecrist posted:

Hey Ghost Hand, I'm thinking about purchasing either a Fire Raptor or a Caestus Assault Ram soon. You have both models, right? In person, which do you prefer aesthetically?

Also, I'm planning on going to the Forge World booth at Gencon but I haven't bought Forge World at a con in like 10 years (and I missed the reservation deadline). I know things work a little differently for you, but how do real-time buyers generally go about figuring out what's in stock and then asking for it without completely holding up the line?

Fire Raptor is badass looking in my opinion. I like the Caestus but much prefer the look of the Fire Raptor.

Go with a list of what you want - if they dont have it there, they will ship it to you free.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

At this point I would not even be remotely shocked to learn that GW is being purposely mismanaged in order to force a buy out by Hasbro so someone could make a bunch of money or something.

Once again - if someone could point me to any article or statement where Hasbro said they are looking at buying GW I would love to see it. Sorry but just because they bought WoTC, doesn't mean GW is next in line. I just don't see Hasbro buying them.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

Once again - if someone could point me to any article or statement where Hasbro said they are looking at buying GW I would love to see it. Sorry but just because they bought WoTC, doesn't mean GW is next in line. I just don't see Hasbro buying them.
It's a rumor that pops up like every year. I don't think it's actually grounded in anything whatsoever.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Those models are gorgeous holy poo poo.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BirdieBedtime posted:

The great beast surrounded by its adoring cult.

Holy poo poo. :staredog:

Please, tell me you'll use this for a counts-as model for the Helcult or whatever Dreadnaught.

Or, you'll play with people cool enough to let you transfer those rules over to the Maulerfiend. Get you some Cultists.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That thing is loving incredible. My gob is on the floor.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Right, I was able to get some Sanctus Reach stuff. Krom Dragongaze is gone, but I have:

2 x Ork Special Character
1 x Mini Rulebook
1 x 3 Killa Kanz

At £15 + P&P in the UK to go if people are interested.

I'll give you guys till Saturday morning then up it to £20 and throw it on Warseer.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BirdieBedtime posted:

I don't care if you don't check the Oath thread, y'all get to see my oath cause I love it.

In the darkest mists of Terra's past, a visionary ruler used the brazen bull to execute his foes. Man had forgotten this holy beast, but the gods that first whispered to the doomed inventor did not.

Jesus Christ, dude. This rules. :black101: You need to run it in every game.

Out of curiosity, where are the claws from? I feel like I almost recognize them, but I have no idea beyond that.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Jesus Christ, dude. This rules. :black101: You need to run it in every game.

Out of curiosity, where are the claws from? I feel like I almost recognize them, but I have no idea beyond that.

Beastmen Ghorgon, same as the head.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Thundercloud posted:

Right, I was able to get some Sanctus Reach stuff. Krom Dragongaze is gone, but I have:

1 x Mini Rulebook
1 x 3 Killa Kanz

I'll give you guys till Saturday morning then up it to £20 and throw it on Warseer.

15 GBP + P&P for the lot, I take it? What about shipping to the mysterious New World (73112)?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Sorry to detract from loving awesome Maulerfiend chat ITT, but it's crosspostin' time.

The Sex Cannon posted:

Finished my 1st (of 8 ohmygod) Leman Russ:

2 more to go to finish my 2000 pt list for the NOVA Open.

So who else is going to the NOVA Open? Anyone want to get a game in between events or drink a whole bunch of beers?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I've got this Capt. for my Armageddon Steel Legion's Blood Angels allies but no head... I'm thinking about buying a death mask bit from the sanguinary guard off ebay or I could just pop a normal dude's helmet off a spare tac marine.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Chance II posted:

I've got this Capt. for my Armageddon Steel Legion's Blood Angels allies but no head... I'm thinking about buying a death mask bit from the sanguinary guard off ebay or I could just pop a normal dude's helmet off a spare tac marine.

Death Mask all the way.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Pacheeco posted:

Death Mask all the way.

Death Mask. Or a fancy helmet from a Death Company kit!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The real answer is to just leave it like that.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Sister of battle bare head and claim all your helmeted marines are also women

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Death Mask. Or a fancy helmet from a Death Company kit!

Guess what I just done found in my bitz box!

I guess I could magnetize it so he could be headless assault captain terrorizing the orks of Ashwaste Holler.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

God drat, that looks so awesome.

What kit are his legs and shoulder pads from?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
No fuckin clue. Torso and legs are a single piece and came with a pile of metal death company. I assume it is a metal veteran or honor guard model but I don't remember seeing it before. The arms and pads are a set as well and originally were positioned in a more overhead swing but I had to jimmy with them to fit the jump pack on and not block his head.

Chance II fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 1, 2014

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Okay then.

e:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Chance II posted:

No fuckin clue. Torso and legs are a single piece and came with a pile of metal death company. I assume it is a metal veteran or honor guard model but I don't remember seeing it before. The arms and pads are a set as well and originally were positioned in a more overhead swing but I had to jimmy with them to fit the jump pack on and not block his head.

Games Day... 2010? Space Marine fig. Not a jump pack marine, but looks so, so much better with a jump pack (I have one leading a squad of Lamenters).

Possibly 2009. http://archive.chaptermasters.com/Inquisitor.jpg

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Yeah that looks like it. I got a spare one that has a messed up thunder hammer. Neither came with a head. Judging by that pic, I didn't miss out on much.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

15 GBP + P&P for the lot, I take it? What about shipping to the mysterious New World (73112)?

Strangely no, that's a per item cost.

Shipping to the colonies is going to be at cost via airmail.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Since we're discussing somew bitchin' Word Bearers, FW just released the Gal Vorbak who, too, are bitchin'.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Crosspostin' some marines I just finished.

The first of my Deathwatch marines, which I will be using as Sternguard

I tried to keep them visually characterful and recognizable to be from a specific chapter, and not just have different colored shoulder pads.

Also, here's a chaplain, who will hopefully someday be actually used in a game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Joining the oath cross-posting

NTRabbit posted:

This is my Journal for the month - who needs OSL when you glow in the dark?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Oh are we doing progress posts? I'm in:

Shrouded Carnifexes? :getin:

Gurkhali
Apr 25, 2006
Oh Andy Johnson's Magic, he wears a magic hat.....

Thundercloud posted:

1 x Mini Rulebook
1 x 3 Killa Kanz

Sent you a PM earlier today about the rulebook.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mango Polo posted:

Since we're discussing somew bitchin' Word Bearers, FW just released the Gal Vorbak who, too, are bitchin'.

These own so hard. I wish Possessed CSM were worth playing so bad

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

These own so hard. I wish Possessed CSM were worth playing so bad

They're not terrible in the Crimson Slaughter book. They're still not the best option, but their Slaves to the Voices table is way better than the standard table in the standard CSM codex.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
They get exponentially better if you take a Sorcerer w/ Prophet of the Voices and going for getting Hammer Hand from Sanctic , get that then go for cursed earth or Biomancy.

If you want just a gently caress off unit go with Sanctic and Slaanesh Sorcerer accompanying them. Then take the banner that gives them all Feel No Pain. Grimoire them and enjoy a 3++ , 3+ , Feel No Pain unit.

It's expensive though nothing is going to go near a unit that's ST7 and has those stats.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 1, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Mango Polo posted:

drat, these are what Possessed should look like! I also dig that they're more Terminator-sized than regular dude-sized. 45 GBP is still nuts, but it's slightly easier to swallow when they're bigger models.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

They get exponentially better if you take a Sorcerer w/ Prophet of the Voices and going for getting Hammer Hand from Sanctic , get that then go for cursed earth or Biomancy.

If you want just a gently caress off unit go with Sanctic and Slaanesh Sorcerer accompanying them. Then take the banner that gives them all Feel No Pain. Grimoire them and enjoy a 3++ , 3+ , Feel No Pain unit.

It's expensive though nothing is going to go near a unit that's ST7 and has those stats.

Screw it, start em all in a Land Raider with Dirge Caster. Go hog wild.

I was rereading the Possessed entry from the CSM codex and realize that you can pay 5pts for an Icon to give a Fearless unit Fearless. :negative:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I'm going to run this list tonight. Does it make me a bad person?

Flying Hive Tyrant - Wings - 2x Twinlinked devourers
Termagant Brood - 15x termagants
Termagant Brood - 10x termagants
Ravener Brood - x7 Raveners - Rending Claws
Venomthrope
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope
Exocrine
Exocrine

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Yes, because you have all of those silly ground units instead of more FMCs. Raveners? Pffft, whatta chump.

Hollismason posted:

Telepathy is a lot less work and gives you defensive buffs that are as good or better in most cases; Invisibility and/or Shrouded are amazing, and even Hallucination is okay when hitting something you're about to assault. S5 means you're already wounding most units on 3s or 2s, and if you're Mark of Khorne you can even get S6 on the charge for a pretty minimal cost. (FNP is probably better, though.)

The problem is that Possessed are still 25+pts per model for something that is not a lot better than a regular CSM in combat. For a token amount more, you could instead be a Terminator with AP3 all the time, just as many attacks, better armor, and the ability to Deep Strike where you need to go. Possessed are just not in a very good place, even with the Crimson's Laughter book.

edit: derp, different units are called different things for some reason!

AbusePuppy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Good thing they were talking about Possessed and not Chosen :v:

• Locked thread