Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Manatee Cannon posted:

I was confused as to who the blonde girl in the second picture was, but then I realized. That's Teddie, isn't it?

"Dude, I would hit that." Yes, yes, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I wish P4AU came with a Teddie body pillow instead

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Now I bearly understand my sexuality. :(

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

Now I bearly understand my sexuality. :(
Well, let me make things worse (better?)...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

:eyepop:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I was confused as to who the blonde girl in the second picture was, but then I realized. That's Teddie, isn't it?

Teddie is definitely the hottest. That's why he won.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
there is actually a lot of kanjiservice in this show for obvious reasons

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Don Gato posted:

Blood Dragon was an April Fools joke that happened to be real. And awesome.

Persona 5: Blood Dragon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd play Japan's interpretation of an 80's action movie.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Man, just when I thought there were no more reasons to get depressed and miss Yakuza :(

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I have to say, I'd really like the persona selections in 5 to be a bit more varied, or maybe harken back to the first two entries of the series. I really liked how in P1/2 they had a wide variety of mythological figures that weren't normal encounters in other SMT games. Phaleg, Morrigan, Marduk, Fuutai, Janus, etc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neeksy posted:

I have to say, I'd really like the persona selections in 5 to be a bit more varied, or maybe harken back to the first two entries of the series. I really liked how in P1/2 they had a wide variety of mythological figures that weren't normal encounters in other SMT games. Phaleg, Morrigan, Marduk, Fuutai, Janus, etc.

Considering they're probably going to end up having to make a new model for every Persona, I wouldn't hold out hope for an expanded selection.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka is pretty much exactly that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

Import it today.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka is pretty much exactly that.

i once went on a ski trip with my school and spent more time in the lodge playing die hard arcade than actually skiing.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Not a joke this game is ridiculous and you should play it if you ever get the chance. It is Godhand-like one of a kind.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would totally play it if I didn't have to mod my Xbox and then spend 140 bucks importing it. I have looked into Metal Wolf Chaos and it will forever be one of my great shames that I have not played it.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I would totally play it if I didn't have to mod my Xbox and then spend 140 bucks importing it. I have looked into Metal Wolf Chaos and it will forever be one of my great shames that I have not played it.

I'm really, really fortunate to have gotten MWC for as ridiculously cheap as I did (500 yen IIRC in the corner of a dingy used game shop in the sticks) but I even if I didn't I would probably seriously consider shelling out $100+ for it now. It's just that good. :911:

Modding the Xbox is easy though and you can probably do that in 15 minutes or less.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Genpei Turtle posted:

I'm really, really fortunate to have gotten MWC for as ridiculously cheap as I did (500 yen IIRC in the corner of a dingy used game shop in the sticks) but I even if I didn't I would probably seriously consider shelling out $100+ for it now. It's just that good. :911:

Modding the Xbox is easy though and you can probably do that in 15 minutes or less.

Yeah soft modding an original xbox can be done with no external hardware as long as you have a PC (this may be out dated info it was ages ago), that's why xmbc took off.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIi3X9NCMU

:911:

god loving drat when you fire the super attack he screams HOW D'YOU LIKE ME NOW????

Excels fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 2, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It is a goddamn crime that Metal Wolf Chaos was never localized.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Butt Ghost posted:

It is a goddamn crime that Metal Wolf Chaos was never localized.

Yeah, they didn't even really need to redub it. Could have just made it run on US XBox and its good to go.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

"Make junk food out of them, Mr President!"

"I'll smash them faster than a Florida recount!"

so much :911:

the most american game ever made, not made by americans

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That game is part of the reason why everyone wants Koei to make a Dynasty Warriors game set during the American Revolution.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fellow goon MURPHAGATOR ran Metal Wolf at SGDQ, cutscene % of course.

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/542237216?t=6h32m20s

It is absolutely amazing.

SUCK. ON MY MISSILE PUNCH!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Jimbot posted:

That game is part of the reason why everyone wants Koei to make a Dynasty Warriors game set during the American Revolution.
That would be amazing.

Do not pursue George Washington.
George Washington is enraged!

Then the screen is filled with rockets' red glare and bombs bursting in air.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Would that mean Ben Franklin is a using future science out of Sengoku Basara or just regular kite based wizardry? Oh who am I kidding, as long as French women are all over Franklin it will be good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Why limit it to just the American Revolution? Andrew Jackson had been shot in a duel, and then proceeded to win the duel. And also won twelve other duels. Theodore Roosevelt hungered for the battle field and hunted loving bears. He was also shot by a crazy person on his way to a speech. People following Roosevelt began beating the poo poo out of the assailant, and Roosevelt then went "Stop! You'll hurt him!" before proceeding and giving his speech anyway.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I am poorly remembering what I think was a megaten enemy. Something like Gel Man or Jelly Man or something like that? Was that a thing? They used the term in Steins;Gate and I feel like it's probably a reference to something else but I'm not sure what. Thinking it was at least a megaten enemy, which means it is also probably an older reference than that.

Closest I can think of is the Tar Man from Return of the Living Dead.

Edit: VVVV I thought I saw a monster design that was a separate entity from the Slime demon. I could just being totally wrong, though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 5, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

I am poorly remembering what I think was a megaten enemy. Something like Gel Man or Jelly Man or something like that? Was that a thing? They used the term in Steins;Gate and I feel like it's probably a reference to something else but I'm not sure what. Thinking it was at least a megaten enemy, which means it is also probably an older reference than that.

Slime?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Light Gun Man posted:

Edit: VVVV I thought I saw a monster design that was a separate entity from the Slime demon. I could just being totally wrong, though.

Foul Jelly Man is the poo poo tier Guardian you get punished with in SMT if... when you gently caress up and die too much.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Foul Jelly Man is the poo poo tier Guardian you get punished with in SMT if... when you gently caress up and die too much.

"Caution. This is not strawberry jam. Please do not spread it on bread."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

TurnipFritter posted:

Ah, that is probably what I am thinking of. So both games use it as a "something has hosed up" concept, interesting. I wonder if it's from a movie originally or what then. I guess like The Blob or The Stuff or something like Street Trash could be it, dunno.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Margaret was confirmed for P4Ultimax. Allegedly she has three different Personas (Yoshitsune, Cu Chulainn and Ardha).

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That's cool and all, but when are they going to let me smack opponents with a giant, flopping, green penis on a chariot? :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Never, that's reserved for the racing game spin-off.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Manatee Cannon posted:

Never, that's reserved for the racing game spin-off.

Nanako will give everyone the death stare in that game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

gently caress whoever vetoed that nanako/dojima concept in Arena.

f uck them

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Excels posted:

gently caress whoever vetoed that nanako/dojima concept in Arena.

f uck them
They had to get rid of them, Nanako's "NO FIGHTING" super was just too OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The truth is they needed to make room for someone way more important: Marie.