Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
BG is easy enough as it is, I don't know why people would desire mods to make it even easier, but to each their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Unctuous Cretin posted:

One of the later BG1 chapters' intro summarizes the events of the game as taking place over the course of several weeks. BG2's intro explains your party was kidnapped almost immediately after the ending of 1.

Speaking of that Beamdog has very strongle hinted that other than patches, and Android BG2, they are working on a DLC set in the time perioid between the two games.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Only good use of traps in BG1 is in Durlag's Tower. Everywhere else it's just a bullshit trap tile in the middle of a nondescript corridor.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

verybad posted:

Only good use of traps in BG1 is in Durlag's Tower. Everywhere else it's just a bullshit trap tile in the middle of a nondescript corridor.

The traps in Davaeorn's lair shape the battlefield really well - you have to be exceedingly careful where you step, and you have a vanishingly small area to maneuver in unless you clear more space and possibly get the attention of more enemies.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 31, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

verybad posted:

Static traps in single player games have a lot of problems but "they are placed so you can't predict where they are" doesn't sound like one of them.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
With how this trap system works the only way it could possibly add challenge is if you put them between you and an enemy caster who is naturally resistant to missile weapons. I doubt there are enough encounters like that to justify every other occurrence of traps in the game.

kaschei posted:

Static traps in single player games have a lot of problems but "they are placed so you can't predict where they are" doesn't sound like one of them.
This isn't Dark Souls. You press a button on your rogue or cleric and walk really slowly, or if you're sane you just quicksave a lot. Thrilling.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Alternatively, make every enemy cast Teleport Field

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Arivia posted:

Correct. Much of what's in Baldur's Gate comes from the Forgotten Realms, a detailed setting for running Dungeons and Dragons games; a good portion of the game stems from novels released in the Forgotten Realms (like Drizzt Do'Urden, a super popular novel character.) Elminster and Volo were both created by the setting's creator, Ed Greenwood, as voices for explaining the setting; this is how they're used in the Baldur's Gate manual for example.

The adherence to the setting decreases as Baldur's Gate continues - BG1 is VERY close to a lot of setting material, while Throne of Bhaal makes some really bad mistakes and throws out canon at some points.

But to give you some examples: Candlekeep, Oghma, Tethtoril, and Alaundo are all from the setting material. Gorion isn't, but the Harpers are; the Friendly Arm Inn, Beregost, Taerom Fuiruim, High Hedge, and Thalantyr are; the Iron Throne, the Flaming Fist, Scar, Duke Eltan, Bhaal, and the leaders of the Throne that appear at Candlekeep are all from other material. Elminster, Volo, and Drizzt are all from other sources, of course.

edit: FLAMING Fist, my head is SO not in the Western Heartlands right now.

All right, thanks! I was wondering what was up with Drizzt.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Speaking of Drizzt, are there any recommended mods for playing through BG1:EE at this point? Ammo stacking and getting a bag of holding would be the two things I'd like most if possible.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

NPC mods are just as bad as Aerie

:goonsay:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Bathe with Nathaniel

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Arivia posted:

Speaking of Drizzt, are there any recommended mods for playing through BG1:EE at this point? Ammo stacking and getting a bag of holding would be the two things I'd like most if possible.
The BG2 tweakpack works with it. I think the bags of holding component will break some code (descriptions coming up as random dialogue lines, etc) but other people apparently haven't had that issues.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sure, I can kiss him on the neck, or kiss him passionately, but I can't kiss him passionately on the neck? Way to drop the ball, modders.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Arivia posted:

Correct. Much of what's in Baldur's Gate comes from the Forgotten Realms, a detailed setting for running Dungeons and Dragons games; a good portion of the game stems from novels released in the Forgotten Realms (like Drizzt Do'Urden, a super popular novel character.) Elminster and Volo were both created by the setting's creator, Ed Greenwood, as voices for explaining the setting; this is how they're used in the Baldur's Gate manual for example.

The adherence to the setting decreases as Baldur's Gate continues - BG1 is VERY close to a lot of setting material, while Throne of Bhaal makes some really bad mistakes and throws out canon at some points.

But to give you some examples: Candlekeep, Oghma, Tethtoril, and Alaundo are all from the setting material. Gorion isn't, but the Harpers are; the Friendly Arm Inn, Beregost, Taerom Fuiruim, High Hedge, and Thalantyr are; the Iron Throne, the Flaming Fist, Scar, Duke Eltan, Bhaal, and the leaders of the Throne that appear at Candlekeep are all from other material. Elminster, Volo, and Drizzt are all from other sources, of course.

edit: FLAMING Fist, my head is SO not in the Western Heartlands right now.

Interesting. What parts of BG2 are from the source material? All I know about Forgotten Realms is from the Infinity Engine games so my knowledge is very limited. The Not-New World plotlines you hear from the town crier are pretty funny. I assume all that is straight from the current events of the time. The Hidden Rune thing where you get the staff of the magi is real too right? Any of the other major characters?

Also, what did TOB gently caress up with the cannon?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don't believe the Bhaalspawn war is something that was mentioned in the fiction and it's something that seems pretty hugely significant even outside of Tethyr.

With BG2 I think all of the major areas (save a few dungeons and maybe Watcher's Keep?) are accounted for in fiction, the power players and factions in Amn (Cowled Wizards, Shadow Thieves, Radiant Heart, etc) are all in settings books at least into 3.5. Even stuff like Amaunator are from the fiction. Basically aside from the nobody NPCs, CNPCs and core plot characters that you can kill, most everybody is part of the setting.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

At the risk of shamelessly self promoting, I started a blog about Infinity Engine games, starting with Baldur's Gate. http://duckfeed.tv/infinityengineers/pouroneout This is the latest entry, talking about Beregost and Alignment.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Interesting. What parts of BG2 are from the source material? All I know about Forgotten Realms is from the Infinity Engine games so my knowledge is very limited. The Not-New World plotlines you hear from the town crier are pretty funny. I assume all that is straight from the current events of the time. The Hidden Rune thing where you get the staff of the magi is real too right? Any of the other major characters?

Having literally millions of words of :spergin: to draw on definitely helped the BG series (all the Infinity games really, but BG most of all) to present the games it did in the detail it did. Though they were perfectly happy to throw out stuff that would get in the way of the story: Duke Eltan of Baldur's Gate is one of the most potently outfitted characters in the entire setting and would honestly hold his own a fair way into ToB; some of that equipment includes a ring of anti-venom which rather undermines his entire plot of being poisoned. Scar, your Flaming Fist quest giver, would give Sarevok himself a run for his money. Get Scar, Eltan and the third senior officer of the Fist together, and they'd probably beat up Irenicus. Meanwhile, the Cowled Wizards aren't the enforcing body of Amn's magic fearing populace: they're victims of it, who act in disconnected cells like an underground revolutionary network. A member of the Council of Six was executed for being a member of the organisation (and Fireballed two of the other Six in that meeting when his secret was exposed.)

The Twisted Rune are a pen and paper organisation, yes. The Shadow Thieves of Baldur's Gate have ties to them, and even several of the ones you meet are detailed on paper, though they're much more impressive there. The lich Shangalar had a floating crystal pyramid as his villain's lair before the failure of magic in the Time of Troubles crashed it. He's called 'the Black' because he has demonic heritage and his skin is literally turning into black rock (improving his AC.) Shyressa the vampire uses her own variants on fire spells that produce black, cold flames (though they hurt just as badly) which are easier on undead eyes and more subtle when she's murdering you at night. Vaxall the beholder is titled 'of the Dying Gaze' and should be an Elder Orb.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Sleep of Bronze posted:

The lich Shangalar had a floating crystal pyramid as his villain's lair before the failure of magic in the Time of Troubles crashed it. He's called 'the Black' because he has demonic heritage and his skin is literally turning into black rock (improving his AC.) Shyressa the vampire uses her own variants on fire spells that produce black, cold flames (though they hurt just as badly) which are easier on undead eyes and more subtle when she's murdering you at night. Vaxall the beholder is titled 'of the Dying Gaze' and should be an Elder Orb.

SCS corrects the challenge level of this, though (e.g. Vaxall becomes an Elder Orb and acts appropriately). The Twisted Rune becomes by far the hardest encounter before ToB.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Woffle posted:

At the risk of shamelessly self promoting, I started a blog about Infinity Engine games, starting with Baldur's Gate. http://duckfeed.tv/infinityengineers/pouroneout This is the latest entry, talking about Beregost and Alignment.

This is actually quite interesting. Post here when you update next! I'll check it out at any rate, less there's a way to subscribe easily.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mercrom posted:

With how this trap system works the only way it could possibly add challenge is if you put them between you and an enemy caster who is naturally resistant to missile weapons. I doubt there are enough encounters like that to justify every other occurrence of traps in the game.

The Thief Maze in BG1 is such an exercise in tedium because you're just slowly shuffling down the corridors with Imoen. What gripping gameplay!

I'd also like to know what's up with ToB and the canon (there's only one n everyone who keeps putting another in it okay). The reason I got BG1 is that we had a huge pile of forgotten realms comics that were set during the Time of Troubles in Waterdeep - specifically in a tavern run by the avatar of Selune. I really loved those comics when I was a kid.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I really hate the Twisted Rune in BG2, because it turns out that like half of the characters in game are connected to them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don't think I've ever actually played through the Twisted Rune quest, despite countless replays. You have to complete Reijek's skin suit, right?

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't think I've ever actually played through the Twisted Rune quest, despite countless replays. You have to complete Reijek's skin suit, right?

You need a Rogue Stone to get in and that's it.

Not much of a quest, though. Just a few lines of dialogue.

Kubla Khan fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 1, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Rejiek is super connected, though. Much like Koshi and his pals (actually in the game code), the slaver ship, Isaea Roenall, the Hidden, other Illithids, the mercenaries in Amkethran, loving everyone.

e: Also, wanna help me with a translation?

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 1, 2014

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Taear posted:

The Thief Maze in BG1 is such an exercise in tedium because you're just slowly shuffling down the corridors with Imoen. What gripping gameplay!
I didn't mind the traps in the thief maze because their position is marked with those color splashes on the walls.

Kubla Khan posted:

Not much of a quest, though. Just a few lines of dialogue.
It's just like the guarded compound in the temple district. You stumble into their stronghold, they try to kill you for it, you kill them instead and take their Celestial Fury/Staff of the Magi.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

How 'helpful' this might be is debateable. But don't you want to be the first BG2 mod to have a Latin option?

bviconi.tra posted:

@1 = ~Do you really believe hunting down that mage is a worthy use of your time, <CHARNAME>?~

@1 = ~num credes indagendum illius magi probabilem esse, <CHARNAME>?~

game.tra posted:

@101 = ~One of the cloaks worn by the Shadow Thieves whenever they want to be particularly shadowy. Pretty much the best-looking cloak you'll see in your life.~

@101 = ~una paenularum gerentium a Furibus Umbrarum quandocumque uolunt ipsi obscuri multum uideri, tantae pulchritudinis ut praeterpropter numquam parem uideas.~

plfarm03.tra posted:

@0 = ~Yer here for Metrich, not me. Get on with tha business.~

@0 = ~hoc es'tu causa Metrich, non me. festina res.~

setup.tra posted:

@100 = ~Restored locations~
@200 = ~Restored characters and dialogs~
@300 = ~Restored sounds~
@400 = ~Restored dialog sounds [Polish only]~
@500 = ~Restored items~
@600 = ~Restored Wish options~
@700 = ~Restored XP for minor things~
@800 = ~Lich Deril~
@900 = ~Restored random encounters~
@1000 = ~Minor restorations~
@1200 = ~Better item import method~
@1300 = ~Restored Final Slayer Dream~
@1400 = ~Alternate Slayer change~

@100 = ~loci refecti~
@200 = ~homines uerbaeque refecti~
@300 = ~soni refecti~
@400 = ~soni uerbarum refecti [solum polianici]~
@500 = ~instrumenta refecta~
@600 = ~optiones de Uoto refectae~
@700 = ~XP paruorum refecta ~
@800 = ~Deril corpora~
@900 = ~fortes errabundae refectae~
@1000 = ~parua refecta~
@1200 = ~melior importaticis modus~
@1300 = ~somnium ultimum Mactatoris refectum~
@1400 = ~altera in Mactatorem mutatio~

udvamp01.tra posted:

@201 = ~The vampire lying on the table is still alive, despite having a stake lodged in his neck. You can try to remove it.~
@202 = ~You remove the stake from the vampire's throat.~

@201 = ~lamius in mensa, infixum a paxillo collum, uiuit. licet tibi istum extrahere.~
@202 = ~paxillum ex lamii collo extrahes.~

wish25.tra posted:

@1 = ~Globe of Blades on the caster.~
@2 = ~Party gains 10,000 GP.~

@1 = ~Gladiorum Globus mago~
@2 = ~decem millia GP turmae~

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 3, 2014

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Could I have some context on the Metrich line? "Get on with tha business" is giving me some trouble, since Faroese idioms are very particular about subject or intent, especially when it's supposed to be vernacular.

e: Also, the various "Restored X" lines - are they in the context of "I have restored X", "X has been restored" or "X is restored"?
e2: Here are a few of the translations in Faroese. Again, some might sound rather weird without knowing the context, especially the Globe of Blades one. But at least these could be translated like that :)

bviconi.tra posted:

@1 = ~Do you really believe hunting down that mage is a worthy use of your time, <CHARNAME>?~
@1 = ~Trýr tú virkuliga, at tað er skilagott at brúka tíðina hjá tær at jagstra handan manaran, <CHARNAME>?~

game.tra posted:

@101 = ~One of the cloaks worn by the Shadow Thieves whenever they want to be particularly shadowy. Pretty much the best-looking cloak you'll see in your life.~
@101 = ~Ein av kápunum ið Skuggatjóvarnir nýta, tá ið teir royna at vera serstakliga snýknir. Einamest tann snøggasta kápan, ið tú nakrantíð fær at síggja.~

plfarm03.tra posted:

@0 = ~Yer here for Metrich, not me. Get on with tha business.~
@0 = ~Tíni ørindi eru við Metrich, ikki við meg. Gakk so avstað við tær!~

setup.tra posted:

@100 = ~Restored locations~
@200 = ~Restored characters and dialogs~
@300 = ~Restored sounds~
@400 = ~Restored dialog sounds [Polish only]~
@500 = ~Restored items~
@600 = ~Restored Wish options~
@700 = ~Restored XP for minor things~
@800 = ~Lich Deril~
@900 = ~Restored random encounters~
@1000 = ~Minor restorations~
@1200 = ~Better item import method~
@1300 = ~Restored Final Slayer Dream~
@1400 = ~Alternate Slayer change~

@100 = ~Endurbøtt støð~
@200 = ~Endurbøttir leiklutir og samrøður~
@300 = ~Endurbøtt ljóð~
@400 = ~Endurbøtt samrøðu ljóð [Bert á pólendskum]~
@500 = ~Endurbøttir lutir~
@600 = ~Endurbøttir ynskimøguleikar~
@700 = ~Endurbøtt royndarstig fyri smærri lutir~
@800 = ~Líkið Deril~
@900 = ~Endurbøttar tilvildarhendingar~
@1000 = ~Smærri endurbøtingar~
@1200 = ~Frægari háttur at innflyta lutir~
@1300 = ~Endurbøttur endaligi Slayer dreymur~
@1400 = ~Alternativ Slayer umskapan~

udvamp01.tra posted:

@201 = ~The vampire lying on the table is still alive, despite having a stake lodged in his neck. You can try to remove it.~
@202 = ~You remove the stake from the vampire's throat.~

@201 = ~Vampýrurin á borðinum er enn livandi, hóast hann hevur ein træstólpa í hálsinum. Tú kann royna at taka stólpan úr.~
@202 = ~Tú tekur stólpan úr hálsinum á vampýrinum.~

wish25.tra posted:

@1 = ~Globe of Blades on the caster.~
@2 = ~Party gains 10,000 GP.~

@1 = ~Knívskúla á manarinum.~
@2 = ~Bólkurin fær 10.000 gullstykkir.~

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 1, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sleep of Bronze posted:

How 'helpful' this might be is debateable. But don't you want to be the first BG2 mod to have a Latin option?
I do! :v: Thank you very much.

inscrutable horse posted:

Could I have some context on the Metrich line? "Get on with tha business" is giving me some trouble, since Faroese idioms are very particular about subject or intent, especially when it's supposed to be vernacular.

e: Also, the various "Restored X" lines - are they in the context of "I have restored X", "X has been restored" or "X is restored"?
e2: Here are a few of the translations in Faroese. Again, some might sound rather weird without knowing the context, especially the Globe of Blades one. But at least these could be translated like that :)

It's basically a throwaway line to let you know that he's not the person you are here for, and he just wants you to stop wasting his time and do what you came here for. Which is talking to Metrich. :v:
It's more of a "install this to restore X" which I guess is "X has been restored". I'm not too great with grammar in any language :( Also, the Globe of Blades one sounds so weird because all Wish options are worded like you're a robot. Anyway, thank you for your part!

e: Also, uh, how do I save the Faroese lines with the funky characters in ANSI? :shobon: At least one of them gets substituted, no matter which codepage I use.

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 1, 2014

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I honestly don't know, sorry. I'm guessing it's æ, ø and ð that are causing problems? Those wikipedia links have some info, but other than that I'm stumped. Anyway, the context you provided was just fine, and I've edited the last translations into my previous post. Even if you can't use them, it was a fun exercise :) Also, those setup messages were a bitch and a half to translate, Faroese simply doesn't work that way :D

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Ginette Reno posted:

BG is easy enough as it is, I don't know why people would desire mods to make it even easier, but to each their own.

I've always thought the "add more neglected weapons" mods made sense. If there aren't going to be any awesome clubs/spears/etc (in a game where your character can literally ascend to godhood) it seems dumb to just accept that the player never encounters top-notch stuff in their chosen proficiencies. Sure it's an easy enough game, but you shouldn't be punished because you invested in some 'wrong' weapon style, and you shouldn't have to meta-game by letting the original weapon pool shape your upgrade choices.

"You know what I'm talking about! I'm the freshest God in the pantheon, I've defeated every opponent and explored every dungeon before my ascension, but I just never managed to find a decent club. [Seinfeld]What's the deal with clubs?[/Seinfeld]"

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

inscrutable horse posted:

I honestly don't know, sorry. I'm guessing it's æ, ø and ð that are causing problems? Those wikipedia links have some info, but other than that I'm stumped. Anyway, the context you provided was just fine, and I've edited the last translations into my previous post. Even if you can't use them, it was a fun exercise :) Also, those setup messages were a bitch and a half to translate, Faroese simply doesn't work that way :D

Sorry :sweatdrop: I transliterated those characters to ae, oe and d in setup! Hope this won't make any Faroese mad, but it had to be done to make it work somehow in windows installer. It's only going to work in BG2EE thanks to UTF-8 support :v:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Well, for those of you who were still on the fence about buying BG2EE, there's your dealbreaker! :D

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Rejiek is super connected, though. Much like Koshi and his pals (actually in the game code), the slaver ship, Isaea Roenall, the Hidden, other Illithids, the mercenaries in Amkethran, loving everyone.

Really? How do you know? I guess I never really paid attention.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
If you attack Vellin Dahn/Darcin Cole:
@61202 = ~Who...? You dare?! Fool, you have crossed the Rune, and you shall pay the price for your interference, whatever the cause!~
Also, he has Rune Assassins guarding him :v:

Guarded Compound:
Not coded in the game, but you were supposed to be able to tell Shangalar you know about his crib from Koshi. By the way, did you know that Koshi and Stalman are from some pen and paper adventure?
Amkethran:
You get the info that they are from Twisted rune from someone. It's not in SoA so who cares.
Isaea:
Sells slaves from the Slaver ship to the Guarded Compound. No more data.
Deril:
He's trying to join the Rune through a display of power.
Also possibly Tor'Gal, who was employed by a Stronger to attack the keep, and.

Now, on the other hand, there's the Illithid conspiracy, aiming to enslave the entire Amn populace! Implicit are:
Tazok, who has the key to their hideout and likely spies on Firkraag
All the illithids, who are currently plotting
The Hidden, mentioned in their correspondence as gathering followers, which include Jansen's Uncle and Lady Jysstev. Also, he takes care of enemy infiltrators, ie the githyanki.

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 1, 2014

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
So like what is their master plan? They want illithids + slaves armed in human skin armor to take over the city?

Wilde Jagd
Jan 2, 2014

by XyloJW
I have a pretty weird bug in my game - parts of Haer'Dalis's dialogue have replaced weapon descriptions!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Wilde Jagd posted:

I have a pretty weird bug in my game - parts of Haer'Dalis's dialogue have replaced weapon descriptions!

Roleplay it as the bard pestering you while you're busy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I had a funny bug in my game where Neera wasn't starting her quest in the Wild Forest, just doing her generic "Ready for anything" stuff. This kept up until I had Jaheira hit her with a stick, then she informed me that she was glad I arrived.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

So like what is their master plan? They want illithids + slaves armed in human skin armor to take over the city?

I updated the post in which I tried to single out people included in the conspiracies! But to be honest, nobody know what their endgame plan is. The devs kept silent. :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

(Going from memory since I haven't played in some time, and BGEE doesn't play nice with Intel's recent i5 iGPUs)

It can't be the human-skin armor. I mean, they could theoretically shackle then periodically drain a silver dragon for its blood, but nobody seems to have done it so far and the quest makes it out to be a singular evil thing designed for one stealthy bad guy, or maybe an evil SWAT team. Something special apparently needs to be handled by Reijik and his crew, otherwise it would've been a bulk order. With the number of humanoid kills in the game, there's no reason you couldn't just order a mass-production run, while giving the party a "SKIN THIS CORPSE" option when looting.