Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
is there someone I should be messaging for an invite? I do /who "that's no goon" and it gives me like 50 people, I'm assuming cause its capturing more than actual guild members so I'm reluctant to randomly start messaging people, or is the guild just that big?

charname is tatermeowgus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Irrational Man posted:

is there someone I should be messaging for an invite? I do /who "that's no goon" and it gives me like 50 people, I'm assuming cause its capturing more than actual guild members so I'm reluctant to randomly start messaging people, or is the guild just that big?

charname is tatermeowgus

If you're around now, I can invite. Look for Rheranni.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Irrational Man posted:

charname is tatermeowgus

For me at least when you type a /who it gives you everyone on the planet you're on, if you click the magnifying symbol it performs your actual search.

edit: "ensign" should be "lieutenant" let's not mix army and navy ranks!

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Irrational Man posted:

charname is tatermeowgus

/who doesn't support full phrases; when you search a phrase it uses OR on all the words. Your best bet is going to be just searching for "goon" or whatever most unique word you can get. There's also a dropdown to change the last column display to be Guild instead of the default "Comment".

(This is also why searching for certain guilds is almost impossible. Republic Command for example will get you false hits because of Republic Fleet and anybody that's a Commando.)

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Also you can't use quotation marks to tell it to search for a specific group of words, that would be just silly for a search engine to be able to do.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kmzh posted:

/who doesn't support full phrases; when you search a phrase it uses OR on all the words. Your best bet is going to be just searching for "goon" or whatever most unique word you can get. There's also a dropdown to change the last column display to be Guild instead of the default "Comment".

It's important to do that last part, because if you don't, you'll run the risk of whispering anybody with the word "goon" in either their name or guild.

That's how I ended up talking to a very confused "Dragoon" fellow while trying to join the republic guild!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Hey, more of you jerks need to download the test client so we can get a good look at what guild ships are all about over the weekend. We've only got 3 people who have done it so far, and the last stream said we'll need at least 5. If you get on there and want to play around with decorating, I can get you all the credits you want (on the test server) to unlock strongholds and whatnot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

Hey, more of you jerks need to download the test client so we can get a good look at what guild ships are all about over the weekend. We've only got 3 people who have done it so far, and the last stream said we'll need at least 5. If you get on there and want to play around with decorating, I can get you all the credits you want (on the test server) to unlock strongholds and whatnot.

Hmmm I guess I can download it to my laptop. Sadly my desktop SSD is at < 10gb of space remaining (AND 35 GIGS OF THAT IS SWTOR, which is a ridiculous % of my 120gb SSD).

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
If I download the test server patch now will I have to download the actual patch when it comes out in a couple weeks?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I had fun last night, and wouldn't mind doing the other earlier operations on Nightmare too. Good experience, and a little different than just running Dread Fortress/Palace repeatedly. :)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BigDes posted:

If I download the test server patch now will I have to download the actual patch when it comes out in a couple weeks?

Yes, the test server install works as a whole separate client installed alongside the normal one.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nipponophile posted:

Let's face it. There's no one as clever as Thrawn in TNG.

Oh, well done. :)

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Bit late to the conversation but when you do a /who That's no goon you can change the dropdown on the far right tab to show the player's guild rather than note or whatever it's set to by default. Will get you a bit further.

superjx
Apr 26, 2005

Official Somethingawful.com forums account of Scott Walker (Paid for by the Wisconsin State Government)
So I tried out the test server and strongholds, I just covered the floor with pets and mounts since that's all I had mostly. Not all pets can be placed, it seems, but most of the mounts could. There's a lot of space in all of them, so it looks like it will take a lot of time to get enough to fill them up.

Do we have enough yet to make a guild and see the guild ship?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Test Server is down right now. Guild stuff will be in the next iteration, which they haven't said exactly when it will be back up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reminder that I shall not be present this evening for l33t raiding.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I want to try and make a lot of money - what do people recommend? Almost max Sorc. Farming and doing dailies seem the obvious route.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

IchGestalt posted:

I want to try and make a lot of money - what do people recommend? Almost max Sorc. Farming and doing dailies seem the obvious route.

Underworld trading and selling the metals is pretty drat good money.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Underworld trading and selling the metals is pretty drat good money.

Note that while it's good money you might make more if you hold off on selling them until housing is live. Some of the crafted decorations will require mats from all professions. Look at Dulfy for what's likely to be needed.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Yes, the test server install works as a whole separate client installed alongside the normal one.

Ah right, thanks

Also woof the tattooine stronghold is expensive

Gorgeous, but expensive

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So glad I'm getting Nar Shadda for free. Space Reno owns.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Note that while it's good money you might make more if you hold off on selling them until housing is live. Some of the crafted decorations will require mats from all professions. Look at Dulfy for what's likely to be needed.

Just as an example, someone calculated that this is what's currently required to craft a player class starship (like the Fury or Defender) as a stronghold decoration.

Purple:
15 Synthetic Energy Matrix
15 Rakata Energy Node
5 Beryllius / Permacrete
5 Mandalorian Iron / Ultrachrome
5 Beryllius / Mytag Crystals / Sterilization Kit
5 Mandalorian Iron / Corusca Gem / Radioactive Paste
5 Denebrillan Star Silk
5 Nanite Threaded Cloth

Blue:
30 Alien Data Cube
30 Biometric Crystal Alloy
25 Ciridium / Dallorian Alloy
25 Frasium / Reinforced Transparisteel
25 Ciridium / Rainbow Gem / Smart Cells
25 Frasium / Lorrdian Gemstone / Medical Grade Injector
25 Hypercloth
25 Nanosilk
5 Subelectronic Data Module
5 Bio-mechanical Interface Chip

Green:
25 Diaphanous Crystal
25 Polychromic Crystal
40 Electrum
40 Mythra
40 Durasteel
40 Damind Crystal
40 Carbonic Crystal
40 Upari Crystal
40 Alien Artifact Fragment
40 Primeval Artifact Fragment
40 Primordial Artifact Fragment
30 Metabolic Enhancement Agent / Artificial Microbe
30 Biological Compounding Chemical / Viral Residue
30 Mutagenic Paste / Red Goo
30 Neurochemical Extract / Immunity Cell Culture
40 Amorphous Carbonite
40 Zal Alloy
40 Turadium

I haven't double-checked their numbers, but it seems about right. And you just know that everyone is going to want their spaceship parked outside, so all this poo poo is gonna be high demand.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That makes my head hurt so much.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Jeeeeeeesus. It reminds me of the work involved in crafting legendaries in Guild Wars 2. At some point you just throw up your hands and go "gently caress it."

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Maybe for some people. I, on the other hand, have been stashing away crafting mats for just such an occasion. The only thing I need is legacy storage to consolidate the important ones.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What gets me is that they make you craft your ship again instead of making you build a "light corvette landing pad" or something.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Maybe for some people. I, on the other hand, have been stashing away crafting mats for just such an occasion. The only thing I need is legacy storage to consolidate the important ones.

I've been keeping my companions occupied gathering the blue/purple quality mats for a bit now. Probably gonna profiteer off of it rather than make much though.

I think its goddamn hilarious that the game is gonna basically have interior design leaderboards though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What role does Red Goo play in the construction of a starship, anyway?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

What role does Red Goo play in the construction of a starship, anyway?

Seat cushion filling.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I assumed it was used to make red blinky lights.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'd be more concerned about the artificial microbes myself.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Organic ones go bad too quickly to be suitable for interstellar voyages.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Yogurt for the mess hall.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man, the health food fads on the Star Wars space internet must get pretty weird.

Edit: haha holy poo poo, my phone's auto correct properly capitalizes Star Wars on its own. Thanks apple. Next can you get this poo poo to assume if I want an apostrophe in well or hell I'll drat well put it there myself?

Edit again: So today we learned that The Alchemy of Evil sucks and you should never do it. Yup.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 1, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, what, if anything, in the Cartel Market is worth paying Real Money (tm) for? I have preferred already, but it was ages ago and I forget what I bought.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm fond of the things in the going places bundle, if you don't have them already. Has Rocket Boots, and one rank of the fleet pass/quick travel cooldown reducers in it. Storage upgrades for your whole legacy are nice too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Blhue posted:

I'm fond of the things in the going places bundle, if you don't have them already. Has Rocket Boots, and one rank of the fleet pass/quick travel cooldown reducers in it. Storage upgrades for your whole legacy are nice too.

Seconding this- it's really convenient, and worth the money it saves in frustration. There's also some +Willpower suit going for 15 CC- might as well get that if you've got some spare change.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
So...

I've just spent an hour or so scanning the GTN for clothes and dye modules to play Pretty Space Princess Dress-Up, and come away wishing there was some kind of resource that allowed you (offline) to mix-n-match various armor items and dye modules to create the perfect 'look'...

Damned peer-pressure from y'all, that's what it is.... :argh:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Don't feel too bad--this is a guild where the vast majority of people run around with a giant hat that looks like a bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aww, yeah. Bought it for 999,999 :smuggo:

• Locked thread