Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

Get pumped. We're only about a month away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiktuwcKV5w

The Mike Smith Experience and Laser Lightshow™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Haha, gently caress this game.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Hockles posted:

Get pumped. We're only about a month away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiktuwcKV5w

Oh dear, that's an achivement

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

New for NHL 16, the GOALIE CAN LOOK UPWARDS animation!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Hey there's new info about the game:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-15-vision-ai

Not even trying to put videos out anymore, this is gonna be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

And I thought trying to play defensive D was bad in 14, its going to be 100% pointless in 15. :negative:

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I wonder if "vision AI" equates to puck getting AI. Now with new and improved "GET THE loving PUCK!" technology. When the puck is literally "right loving there" your player will simply reach his stick out and grab it.

One can only hope.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

cname posted:

I wonder if "vision AI" equates to puck getting AI. Now with new and improved "GET THE loving PUCK!" technology. When the puck is literally "right loving there" your player will simply reach his stick out and grab it.

One can only hope.

I mean you could just press the trigger and get it yourself...

...unless you're playing some awful mode like be a pro or teamplay :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cname posted:

One can only hope.

NHL 15: The most accurate beer league simulator ever created.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

If this is going to be like previous years, and why wouldn't it, things like "An elevated level of player intelligence, Vision A.I. features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays." will amount to one ok improvement and nothing more, never into some game changer like the hype makes it sound. Same with all the other features.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-infuses-magic-into-nhl-12-s-ai-to-anticipate-your-move-207032.phtml

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Yeah, this is a thing they already did and hyped almost to the letter a few years back.

The new feature here is the re-branding of the dpad strategy menu so that now your breakout is called "quick" or "controlled."

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Edited: because I literally typed up a reply to this video thinking it was the NHL15 trailer. :haw: Good lord, why am I planning on buying this game NHL15?!

cname fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 1, 2014

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Wasn't 12 the best skill stick nhl so far? I remember playing half a thousand games online and had a blast. Then 13 came along and felt just off online.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
13 was when they introduced true skating. It was a significant change.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Wasn't 12 the best skill stick nhl so far? I remember playing half a thousand games online and had a blast. Then 13 came along and felt just off online.

Skizzzer posted:

13 was when they introduced true skating. It was a significant change.

Yes, seems like every 3 years they wipe the slate clean and work on stuff that they worked on in the past. I remember NHL 09 being a high point in the series, and than they changed a lot of things for 10 and it just felt weird. NHL 12 was another high point IMO, and than they changed lots of things in 13...

...I quite liked 14 though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

09 was the best one IMO. 14 would be up there, but the 'puck bounces 8 feet straight into the air and proceeds to hop around like a superball whenever it's dumped into a corner' thing breaks the game for me. Maybe I'm just misremembering things, but I really don't recall it being a serious issue before this year.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

So basically they perfect their big feature third game from it's inception then the game after that is going to introduce new big feature and is going to be total mess.

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
Hey - at least this year they are throwing in $25 off GameCenter Live, according to the cover graphic on BestBuy's site.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/07/07/nhl-15-includes-discount-for-nhl-gamecenter-live-subscription

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Dauher posted:

Hey - at least this year they are throwing in $25 off GameCenter Live, according to the cover graphic on BestBuy's site.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/07/07/nhl-15-includes-discount-for-nhl-gamecenter-live-subscription

Nice, that'll cover the cost of my EC2 instance. I'm surprised GameCenter Live isn't trying to sell proxy connections for an additional $10 a month. They'd make a killing.

cname fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 1, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Teeter posted:

The new feature here is the re-branding of the dpad strategy menu so that now your breakout is called "quick" or "controlled."

Yet it will still hang on your screen after you change your lines, blocking a corner of the screen.

This is what they mean by vision AI right?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/193946317
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/193946880

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

What is: A scrub defender who refuses to clear the puck!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Diet Crack posted:

Yet it will still hang on your screen after you change your lines, blocking a corner of the screen.

REALLY HATE THAT...

Although the GCL is a nice perk I didnt expect.. it (tenuously) kinda offsets the price (a bit)..

Yeah I'm gonna buy it.

stupid next gen... Bring that DYNAMIC poo poo on.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

14 would be up there, but the 'puck bounces 8 feet straight into the air and proceeds to hop around like a superball whenever it's dumped into a corner' thing breaks the game for me.

"woah, is it supposed to do that?"

"uhh, not sure. I've never actually seen a hockey game. You?"

"me neither, but it seems a bit odd. Maybe we should watch some hockey or ask a Canadian or something."

"N'ah, it's probably fine."

"you're right. gently caress it."

*massive profit*

gently caress you EA.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

xzzy posted:

New for NHL 16, the GOALIE CAN LOOK UPWARDS animation!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH-YL-Lu6RE

JoelJoel posted:

"woah, is it supposed to do that?"

"uhh, not sure. I've never actually seen a hockey game. You?"

"me neither, but it seems a bit odd. Maybe we should watch some hockey or ask a Canadian or something."

"N'ah, it's probably fine."

"you're right. gently caress it."

*massive profit*

gently caress you EA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFUMBdH6nQ4

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What is even worse than the super-ball bounce, is they put out a bunch of tuners and roster updates and poo poo, but the bounce never changed.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

God those are wonderful. That first one, I imagine the little goalie thinking "If only, I could....DO SOMETHING! :bang: "

Tremendous. :allears:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hockles posted:

What is even worse than the super-ball bounce, is they put out a bunch of tuners and roster updates and poo poo, but the bounce never changed.

They probably did something stupid and hardcoded it in to the physics engine. That or they don't listen to their player base.

Probably both. I'll bet the 'being attacked by bees' animation is still in too.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

It's like the Goalie is coded to not react to the puck at all unless it's underneath the plane/altitude of the crossbar.

technically like how all the other players but the goalie should react. :tinfoil:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First ratings reveals were today.

Quick/Lundqvist are the top goalies (apparently EA doesn't watch the regular season), then Price/Rask, then Rinne.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Aphrodite posted:

First ratings reveals were today.

Quick/Lundqvist are the top goalies (apparently EA doesn't watch the regular season), then Price/Rask, then Rinne.

Or the Olympics :v:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

The first tuner will explode Rinne's hips and bust him down 10 OV.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

EA teased their top defenseman rankings on Twitter with a picture of Crosby and Toews, for a solid idea of how much of a priority defense is.

"poo poo we need a picture for the d-man tease, what we go?"
"Uh, Crosby dangling a guy. Stammer one-timing through two pairs of legs. Toews scoring that breakaway vs St. Louis. Oh, haha, that great one Lenny took of Steve Ott, hahahaha."
"Hahaha, yeah, I love that guy."
"Lenny or Ott?"
"Either. Whatever, it's quitting time."
*tweets default "mans play hockeys" picture" and clocks out*

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Everyone buy NBA2k15 even if you don't like basketball. We need a competitor. (or other 2k products.. if there are any.. gently caress.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Defensemen are Weber, Suter/Keith, then Chara/Doughty.

They are incorrect.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I really hope they don't touch Chara. He is responsible for the majority of the fun and humor in NHL14.

*caveman voice* "CHARA SMASH!!!"

cname fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 5, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Diet Crack posted:

Everyone buy NBA2k15 even if you don't like basketball. We need a competitor. (or other 2k products.. if there are any.. gently caress.)

2K is making the WWE wrestling game this year! Just create Chara in the editor and beat up on the Undertaker or something

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
2k has made the WWE game the last few years (last year's stunk)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game is made by the same studio. 2k is just publishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Cant wait to see all of you guys online!

I mean you say you won't buy it, but you will :getin:

• Locked thread