Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

After getting all of my i90 gear, what should I be doing with these myth tomes I am drowning in? I'm in danger of hitting the cap (and definitely will during my next hunting session), are there any mats I can buy with them that I should be stockpiling for later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

Agrias120 posted:

After getting all of my i90 gear, what should I be doing with these myth tomes I am drowning in? I'm in danger of hitting the cap (and definitely will during my next hunting session), are there any mats I can buy with them that I should be stockpiling for later?

If you're not trying to get a Novus, buy myth mats like Scheelite and Emery and sell them on the market board.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

Will do!

I actually tried to make a character on Excalibur yesterday, but it seemed to be closed the whole day.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Check that link occasionally at the times listed throughout the day. If there's a circle next to Excalibur, you can create a character on the server. It'll be open until the next listed time, where it will determine whether or not to close character creation.

You can create a character on Excalibur right now if you want. It'll be open for another fifteen minutes or so before the next check.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

dangersandwich posted:

If you're not trying to get a Novus, buy myth mats like Scheelite and Emery and sell them on the market board.

I am trying to get a Novus, but I'm still stuck in Atma Hell. :gbsmith:

Thanks for the tip--I'll pick up the mats for now and convert them to cash.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

FaintlyQuaint posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Check that link occasionally at the times listed throughout the day. If there's a circle next to Excalibur, you can create a character on the server. It'll be open until the next listed time, where it will determine whether or not to close character creation.

You can create a character on Excalibur right now if you want. It'll be open for another fifteen minutes or so before the next check.

I'm actually on the character creation screen and it says Excalibur is closed!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Yeah, apparently that isn't accurate for the entire window that it mentions, because my buddy ran into the same issue that General Morden ran into - the page and the graphic in the OP said Excal was open but nope.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, apparently that isn't accurate for the entire window that it mentions, because my buddy ran into the same issue that General Morden ran into - the page and the graphic in the OP said Excal was open but nope.

Yea I now realize the folly of my ways by suggesting that it updated automatically. Every time I've checked the link and tried to sign myself or buddies up it had been updated properly.

Confirmation bias has turned me into a horrible person.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Kyrosiris posted:

Right, it's accurate to the last time it updated, rather than representing open windows.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Agrias120 posted:

You can always do like I've been doing and buy all the myth gear for each class you don't have leveled to 50 yet.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

ReWinter posted:

I've also not subbed yet - I'm on Excalibur, so if somebody around those parts wants to use me for a recruit-a-friend dealie I'm lfullergan2 at gmail dot com.
Didn't see anyone reply to you yet, but I just sent a code if you still need one.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Presteign posted:

Didn't see anyone reply to you yet, but I just sent a code if you still need one.

Set it in, thanks! I'm grabbing a time card next time I head into town.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Agrias120 posted:

I am trying to get a Novus, but I'm still stuck in Atma Hell. :gbsmith:

Thanks for the tip--I'll pick up the mats for now and convert them to cash.

You'll want cash for Novus anyway, its a massive cash sink.

Speaking of Animus/Novus, what's generally considered the best out of all the classes? I want to do the relic quest at some point, preferably after they nerf Atmas (ie never :smith:).

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I've almost finished with animus, so I'll be starting on novus soon. How should a BLM allocate their stat points? I understand crit and determination are good for any class, but I'm wondering if I would want spell speed or if I should shove a few points into piety to get an extra cast of Fire in my AF rotation.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

bonewitch posted:

You'll want cash for Novus anyway, its a massive cash sink.

Speaking of Animus/Novus, what's generally considered the best out of all the classes? I want to do the relic quest at some point, preferably after they nerf Atmas (ie never :smith:).

Well, the main draw of the whole idea is getting to customize the secondary stats. So look through the various relics and find whichever one makes you shudder at its secondary stat distribution the most.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Evil Fluffy posted:

Fiber doesn't magically make your computer faster.

Yes thanks I am a complete moron of course and didn't know this. When there's just been a whole conversation about how the rest of my computer should be good enough that even with the game installed on a platter HD this shouldn't happen you can forgive me for hoping that faster internet might reduce time to load into a zone.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ActionZero posted:

Yes thanks I am a complete moron of course and didn't know this. When there's just been a whole conversation about how the rest of my computer should be good enough that even with the game installed on a platter HD this shouldn't happen you can forgive me for hoping that faster internet might reduce time to load into a zone.

Did you ever look into that RAM usage that I suggested? 6 GB might be a little tight, particularly if you've got stuff running in the background. And loading times often boil down to either RAM or HD.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
XIV is a 32bit program as far as I know meaning it can't allocate more than 3GB of ram. 6 is fine as long as you're not running 2 clients.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Vil posted:

Did you ever look into that RAM usage that I suggested? 6 GB might be a little tight, particularly if you've got stuff running in the background. And loading times often boil down to either RAM or HD.

When I looked at my task manager with the game open and my usual stuff in the background it was saying about 54% usage.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm rocking my i7 920 d0 stepping with 6gb of RAM and I have perfectly fine performance on loading etc. with an SSD, so the RAM isn't a problem.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hahaha oh man this quest.

What I find incredible about this quest is that they wrote dialogue for all five or six of the oglers even though you would never ever see it because all you have to do is target them and /furious at them and they'll go away without saying it. They could've just had them all say the same thing, or nothing at all, but no, they took the time to give them all individual weirdo cat ogler things to say.

I love this goddamn game so much. :allears:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 2, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That's not the postman quest with the thickest innuendo I've ever seen in a game :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of which, I ran into that guy in like the fifth post of page 1 finally and boy his dialogue.

Edit:

What is happening to this game why is it suddenly becoming so lewd

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 2, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Have you met Godbert yet

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No. So far La Noscea's subtitle may as well be like: La Noscea, the lewdness capital of Eorzea!

edit: La Noscea! Come for the catgirls, and then come for the catgirls! :suicide:

vvvv I noticed! This place so far is like the beach episode of Name Your Favorite Slice of Life Anime Here.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 2, 2014

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Well La Noscea is also home to Costa Del Sol, capitol of Eorzean vacation locations. With bikini wearing hotties, there's bound to be inappropriate innuendos flying about.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

dangersandwich posted:

Rig cooling is twofold: good airflow, and more importantly how big your heatsink fan is. I built my system about a month ago and started with the stock Intel HSF:

My Haswell CPU was breaking 100°C while playing XIV which is really bad, so I picked up one of these for $30 (Hyper 212 EVO):

My temps dropped from 100°C+ to < 55°C while playing, which is pretty dramatic. $30 will go a long way when it comes to a HSF.

Your 5970 can only benefit from better airflow (unless you want to break your warranty and DIY a heatsink onto it), that's where better case fans can help. edit: cooling the 5970 is going to hit a wall since it's an older card before they were smart enough to implement 2+ fan cooling on the card itself, so don't worry about it too much.

This is back a few pages but I can not help but to recommend the cooling power of the Hyper 212 EVO. Was hitting 100C tempts idling in Mor Dhona very frequently a few months back. That sucker saved my rig.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Hahaha oh man this quest.

What I find incredible about this quest is that they wrote dialogue for all five or six of the oglers even though you would never ever see it because all you have to do is target them and /furious at them and they'll go away without saying it. They could've just had them all say the same thing, or nothing at all, but no, they took the time to give them all individual weirdo cat ogler things to say.

I love this goddamn game so much. :allears:

If you're a female the quest giver says something to the effect of "Though you can take a look if you'd like. Oh you didn't think I swung that way?"

In my quest of getting crafting classes to 50 and I really despise pubs that cannot split their stacks at all. I would much rather buy a stack of 5 at a higher price per unit then a stack of 99 thats cheaper per unit. It really is a good thing I got miner and btn to 50, so I can go "This is what I think of your 99 stacks" and gather the stuff myself.

VVV

quote:

Players use swords, spears, axes, firearms,

ESRB don't know poo poo :mad:

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 2, 2014

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The ESRB's Summary of the game posted:

This is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in which players navigate a large cast of characters that engage in missions and fight the forces of evil. Players explore environments (e.g., cities, plains, caves) and battle human and fantasy creatures. Players use swords, spears, axes, firearms, and magic spells (e.g., fire balls, energy beams) to defeat enemies in real-time combat. Cutscenes depict a man being stabbed from behind, and creatures emitting splashes of purple or yellow blood when struck. Some female characters are depicted from low camera angles, with lingering camera views of their buttocks (i.e., up-skirt shots). Dialogue contains suggestive references; for example, "The netmaster's probably up in his office polishing the mast just thinking about her," "stick yer manhood in the forge," and "You cheating little whore!" Several characters are referred to as drunk or drunken, while others sometimes talk about wine, rum, and grog. The word "sh*t" can be heard in the dialogue.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

CJacobs posted:

No. So far La Noscea's subtitle may as well be like: La Noscea, the lewdness capital of Eorzea!

edit: La Noscea! Come for the catgirls, and then come for the catgirls! :suicide:

vvvv I noticed! This place so far is like the beach episode of Name Your Favorite Slice of Life Anime Here.

Just wait until the Dragon Quest event comes back with the...how you say, puff-puff? /blush

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

The building they're in is called "The Missing Member". Its an all female pirate guild.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Limsa is also lousy with literal catgirl whores.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At least I haven't found any Lalafell whores.

...yet?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

CJacobs posted:

At least I haven't found any Lalafell whores.

...yet?

Don't go to the Fisher's guild.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Doublestep posted:

Don't go to the Fisher's guild.

or Sastasha

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

or Sastasha

Or Costa del Sol

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Note Block posted:

Or Costa del Sol

Or PBC's House.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Whizbang posted:

Or PBC's House.

Or wear the scylla healer robe.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Basically what we're saying here is Lalafell are randy little bastards and the best race in the game, pretty much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Now I'm not saying that we should kill all Lalafell, but if all the Lalafell happened to disappear we'd finally have peace on Eorzea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I'm as sick of loving Whitebrim Front as I am of loving Vesper Bay

• Locked thread