Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

DO IT TO IT posted:

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

get out you loving philistine this is doomrider reborn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!

I was just about to post that. :argh:
I think the idea of a dude riding a hover-dogsled is hilarious. I just have no idea what to think about it until they release some actual pictures of the thing. At least Logan Grimnar got updated and you can always run him on foot.

I eagerly await an updated Azrael and his Watcher in the Dark palanquin.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to blow that thing up with Fire Dragons.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!

This is a masterpiece.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DO IT TO IT posted:

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

- Swords in the year 40,000
- Swords that are actually just chainsaws in the year 40,000
- Machines that run because...
- loving everything

This is the stupidest thing? Are you sure? No, because it's awesome and the most Warhammer 40k thing that they could have done.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love that more than the murderdread.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

All space wolves will have the fear USR, but lack ATSKNF

And They Shall Know No Fur

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!
No loving way, I refuse to believe this is a thing, no loving way

Hey is that plastic Logan Grimnar riding in back?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SRM posted:

And They Shall Know No Fur

No loving way, I refuse to believe this is a thing, no loving way

Hey is that plastic Logan Grimnar riding in back?

I think it is.

That is quite possibly the greatest thing in the entire history of 40k.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Boon posted:

- Swords in the year 40,000
- Swords that are actually just chainsaws in the year 40,000
- Machines that run because...
- loving everything

This is the stupidest thing? Are you sure? No, because it's awesome and the most Warhammer 40k thing that they could have done.

Stupid is a good thing in Warhammer 40k.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It is the most profoundly silly thing I've ever seen come from GW, and there's a lot of competition for that slot.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
It's a space viking on a hover longship being pulled by giant wolves. How much more 40k than that can you get?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I actually dont mind it. But then again, I like silly things in my silly mans game.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This crosses the line from stupid and swings right back round to amazing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it better give you HoW, +1 T/W, and a special version of fear that ignores fearless

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

It's a space viking on a hover longship being pulled by giant wolves. How much more 40k than that can you get?

This. I'm just happy that we have an updated Logan Grimnar if that picture is to be trusted.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

The Sisko posted:

This. I'm just happy that we have an updated Logan Grimnar if that picture is to be trusted.

I quite like the current Grimnar, its a really dynamic model from the era of "blisterpack-syndrome" models like power armor Njal.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!

This is in the top 10 dumbest loving minis I've ever seen and at least half of you assholes are going to buy it for $70

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

panascope posted:

This is a masterpiece.

It's awesome and gets me excited about whatever ridiculous murder sled they have lined up for Dark Eldar.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

This is in the top 10 dumbest loving minis I've ever seen and at least half of you assholes are going to buy it for $70

Hey hey, they're going to buy it from an online retailer at 20% off. :colbert:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

All the chariot models are goofy as gently caress and it's awesome.

BULBASAUR posted:

:frogout:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I could make something better than that with my bits box and greenstuff.

Like, c'mon man, at least make them CYBERNETIC wolves.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BULBASAUR posted:

Im gonna buy 3.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The only disappointing part about that model is that it's not Canis Wolfborn riding that thing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

I could make something better than that with my bits box and greenstuff.

Like, c'mon man, at least make them CYBERNETIC wolves.

It's like someone literally took a chariot from fantasy and stuck a terminator on it, few jet engines on the side.

So bad.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

it better give you HoW, +1 T/W, and a special version of fear that ignores fearless

Well is clearly gonna be a skimmer chariot so it'll get D6 HoW, and being able to assign incomming fire to the chariot (lol your bolters shoot at my chariot, sorry you can even glance AV 11) or to the rider (Lascannon? I'll take my riders 3++ against that then) is arguably better than +1 T/W. Dunno about the fearless ignoring fear thing.

Chariots are pretty :coal: but I'm suprised to see one in an imperial army... they fit much better in xenos armies than space wolves (Dark Eldar would totally rock a chariot)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Welp, guess I gotta change my death pool prediction now.

e: lil' blurry.

Fix fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 1, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Moola posted:

It's like someone literally took a chariot from fantasy and stuck a terminator on it, few jet engines on the side.

So bad.

There's chariots in Fantasy that would look better than that with engines slapped on them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The real question is, how long until someone converts it into Santa's sleigh?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

:stare:

I take it all back, this is a fine example of a premium product produced by Games Workshop, Limited and Citadel Miniatures Limited.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Tequila Ranger posted:

Well is clearly gonna be a skimmer chariot so it'll get D6 HoW, and being able to assign incomming fire to the chariot (lol your bolters shoot at my chariot, sorry you can even glance AV 11) or to the rider (Lascannon? I'll take my riders 3++ against that then) is arguably better than +1 T/W. Dunno about the fearless ignoring fear thing.

Chariots are pretty :coal: but I'm suprised to see one in an imperial army... they fit much better in xenos armies than space wolves (Dark Eldar would totally rock a chariot)

Yeah, but Space Wolves have always been sold as "A Fantasy army in space" so it makes more sense for them. That's pretty much what the 3rd ed codex said about them anyway.

That being said, I think the new plastic Logan Grimnar looks pretty neat.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I honestly don't know enough about Space Wolf bits to know if there's new ones in here:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I've built the box and I'm pretty sure I recognize everything in that shot.

Not a huge surprise that they wouldn't update the wolf pack box as it's already pretty much right up there with modern standards, probably ditto for the terminators.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

PierreTheMime posted:

Welp there's the fifth model.

Someone please post the Seinfeld-throwing-up-his-hands-and-leaving gif, tia.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JerryLee posted:

I've built the box and I'm pretty sure I recognize everything in that shot.

Not a huge surprise that they wouldn't update the wolf pack box as it's already pretty much right up there with modern standards, probably ditto for the terminators.

Yeah, that's the existing kit. The Terminators shown in the pictures of Logan are the existing Termies too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The Space Wolves ride giant wolves into combat, this fits in perfectly as they seem to all be pants on head retarded.

I like the model actually. It looks pretty "gently caress YEA!"

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Please someone convert one of the new wolf fliers to be towed by a pair of wolves on the ground using super long lines.

Hollismason posted:

The Space Wolves ride giant wolves into combat, this fits in perfectly as they seem to all be pants on head retarded.

I like the model actually. It looks pretty "gently caress YEA!"

Wolf Lord Hrafnir Moon Moon

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Looking forward to a literal Batwing whenever Blood Angels get redone.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

SRM posted:

Yeah, but Space Wolves have always been sold as "A Fantasy army in space" so it makes more sense for them. That's pretty much what the 3rd ed codex said about them anyway.

That being said, I think the new plastic Logan Grimnar looks pretty neat.

I agree he looks cool on his own.

Also, they obviously wanted to referance the norse god Thor:
https://slm-assets2.secondlife.com/assets/4770110/view_large/thor%20in%20his%20chariot-1024x768.jpg?1324061959

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 1, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Fix posted:

I honestly don't know enough about Space Wolf bits to know if there's new ones in here:

Not this has anything to do with anything, but I've always disliked that particular color scheme for Space Wolves. I dunno why but I've never much cared for that particular shade of blue. I always think they look better when they tilt towards the "gray" side of the scale, like these dudes I found after a cursory Google Image search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

DJ Dizzy posted:

I quite like the current Grimnar, its a really dynamic model from the era of "blisterpack-syndrome" models like power armor Njal.

Oh of course it wasn't a bad model , for me it just felt a little off compared to some of the newer models ( I only got into 40k about a year and a half ago)

• Locked thread