Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I had a Detect/Stealth thief here - it's always fun to play. Either to reveal and steal from people that keep valuables on them and think they're safe, or just to gently caress with people. Follow someone while stealthed and revealing them wherever they go, and then watching their reaction is pretty fun. I like UO for the weirdest reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saiyajin-Nester
Oct 18, 2005
ok so nobody is in the IRC and i cant find anyone ingame

how active are goons on this server ?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

Saiyajin-Nester posted:

ok so nobody is in the IRC and i cant find anyone ingame

how active are goons on this server ?

We're pretty active even though were a pretty small group ~15 people. We're only on IRC to talk in the UOFoever channel. If you want to find us get on teamspeak someone is usually on in there.

Also some other new guy found Goonglow no problem. I had no idea who he was though cause he was just some random guy standing outside my house.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
Getting real urges to load this up again.

I played from launch to about 4 months in, mostly fishing/treasure hunting like a carebear. Has the server gone full UO Hybrid mode yet where Brit bank looks like a neon circus or is it still a bit more low key with a few added features?

Is stealing profitable/fun? I'm thinking of focusing on playing a thief rather than straight up PvP.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Heskie posted:

Getting real urges to load this up again.

I played from launch to about 4 months in, mostly fishing/treasure hunting like a carebear. Has the server gone full UO Hybrid mode yet where Brit bank looks like a neon circus or is it still a bit more low key with a few added features?

Is stealing profitable/fun? I'm thinking of focusing on playing a thief rather than straight up PvP.

I am also a fishing/treasure carebear! West Brit Bank and Docks are pretty much the trammy car show. Ask Tobias how profitable stealing is the dude is rich.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Surfing Turtle posted:

I am also a fishing/treasure carebear! West Brit Bank and Docks are pretty much the trammy car show. Ask Tobias how profitable stealing is the dude is rich.

Cool, yeah I figured it'd be like that.

Yeah I can't really explain it but I really enjoyed fishing. Load up EUO (:ssh:), fish up dozens of bottles, stack chests on the deck and sell the loot on my vendors for piles of cash. It was profitable but became a lot of work too. I see they added new boats etc, was there much else thats changed for fishing? They had ancient SOS bottles but that was about it.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Hey guys just want to make a request. Can you put your tags on your reds when in GG? I don't want to scare any shoppers off and hopefully they figure out ABC or GS tags wont attack them while theyre shopping. Also, if you have a vendor there try to stock up if you can. I will be gating pretty much all day.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
I re-did my despise house, which required me to drop the other one... Let me know if you need a friend, it's a nice little hideaway.

Additionally, for those who are friended, I put a cellar in, and it's an even quicker (instant) escape, versus the delay on the teleporters.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Do any of you know if they wipe inactive accounts after so long? I am going to try to log in when I get home but if it doesn't work it would be nice to know if its because they delete accounts or I just forgot my password. I can't seem to find specific info on this on their website or forums, thanks.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

nesbit37 posted:

Do any of you know if they wipe inactive accounts after so long? I am going to try to log in when I get home but if it doesn't work it would be nice to know if its because they delete accounts or I just forgot my password. I can't seem to find specific info on this on their website or forums, thanks.

I don't think they do a purge but all your stuff is probably gone.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Surfing Turtle posted:

I don't think they do a purge but all your stuff is probably gone.

That's fine, I knew the house was gone already but was hoping the character was left and hopefully what is in the bank, thanks.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
I've been playing a bit for the past 2 weeks. Working on a provo/tamer and a Nox mage at present. Information is my main character's name.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Iceberg-Slim posted:

I've been playing a bit for the past 2 weeks. Working on a provo/tamer and a Nox mage at present. Information is my main character's name.

Nox mages blow here imo. Hit me up on irc when you get on so I can add you to GS.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I have never played UO in my entire life. I wasn't even aware that free shards existed until just recently. I've always been interested in playing and I think I'll sign up for a UOF account today. I'm probably gonna gently caress around, try stuff out, die horribly and get all my poo poo taken from me before I join up with Goon Squad. It's nice to hear that you can't irretrievably gently caress up a character build.

I've never been much for PvP in MMOs but I'm probably gonna dip into it at some point. I've always enjoyed being a crafter and general team player. I'll give the beginner's guide a looksee and jump in.

Are there any less-than-obvious pitfalls I should watch for?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Elth posted:

I have never played UO in my entire life. I wasn't even aware that free shards existed until just recently. I've always been interested in playing and I think I'll sign up for a UOF account today. I'm probably gonna gently caress around, try stuff out, die horribly and get all my poo poo taken from me before I join up with Goon Squad. It's nice to hear that you can't irretrievably gently caress up a character build.

I've never been much for PvP in MMOs but I'm probably gonna dip into it at some point. I've always enjoyed being a crafter and general team player. I'll give the beginner's guide a looksee and jump in.

Just do what you want since you have never played before. You get the benefit of experiencing UO for the first time something none of us will ever have again lol.

Mighty Mancake
Jan 17, 2008
Like they say in Brooklyn: HYYYYYAAAEEEEGGGHHH

Elth posted:

I'm playing this game for the first time as well and joined this guild recently.
Just join the teamspeak server and people will help you out if you have any questions or need help. People are really helpful and will most likely give you some starter gear if you want.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, don't help this guy and just stealth follow him around for free entertainment. Watch as he, armed with nothing but his starter robe and a store bought katana, runs himself willy nilly into the Britain graveyard, valiantly plinks a zombie to 1/2 its health and then gets corp por'd by whatever red that's lurking nearby.

I remember fondly beating up skeletons and zombies in that GY to afford a gm iron "light archer" suit from whatever smith that was hanging around, then lose it 20 minutes later then a wraith fireballed my rear end and I lost connection.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Mighty Mancake who you?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
I remember accidentally flagging during a champ spawn when they were relatively new to Felucca, decked out in my trammel regalia. Valorite armor, vanq slayer. Hell yeah.

I think I bought some of it back off of a guy for 45k.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well that was nice of him.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
GS goons will be in Vegas next few days. Please make sure the shop doesn't burn down!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What, why?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Will this game ever die?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Cause we want to do terrible things in real as well!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Goon Hause is a Ghost Town.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Surfing Turtle posted:

GS goons will be in Vegas next few days. Please make sure the shop doesn't burn down!

I demand photographs. I'm on a business trip to Boston tomorrow and just got back from a month at my sister's place in Seattle so much goddamn traveling and so little goddamn UO playing

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
GS guild house is being redone. Any suggestions?! We absolutely want it to look bad rear end but functional.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Surfing Turtle posted:

GS guild house is being redone. Any suggestions?! We absolutely want it to look bad rear end but functional.

Anything but marble.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Shoulda let me design it you fuckers

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Sound posted:

Shoulda let me design it you fuckers

Why you hating.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Everyone is allowed 3 accounts now, which is nice. Get some more reds going.

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
Today, the MONEY TEAM of GoonSquad took on a challenge: Earn 1,000,000 gold in a day. A team of five set out to accomplish this by completing MIBs. After approximately 5 hours, we earned 1,003,037 gold.

Join us and partake in the wealth! Gold flows from our vendors into our pockets.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Complexity posted:

Today, the MONEY TEAM of GoonSquad took on a challenge: Earn 1,000,000 gold in a day. A team of five set out to accomplish this by completing MIBs. After approximately 5 hours, we earned 1,003,037 gold.

Join us and partake in the wealth! Gold flows from our vendors into our pockets.

drat nice job guys.

Can you promote El Nino in guild, I had to leave to join factions (for 24hours) and kill somebody, but I'm back now.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

drat nice job guys.

Can you promote El Nino in guild, I had to leave to join factions (for 24hours) and kill somebody, but I'm back now.

Ask Hogan when he is on or eshep they can log into the GM account and promote you.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its a trap, get an axe.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Just started playing again, but it seems I got booted from the guild for inactivity or something. Could I get a reinvite?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

insomne posted:

Just started playing again, but it seems I got booted from the guild for inactivity or something. Could I get a reinvite?

Who is your character?

UnintendedSpittle
Aug 1, 2012
Hey can Al Fayeed get in the guild? Eppy told me I should post here. I'm new to the game in general. Played awhile back in 97/98 but not since then.

My name is Scroogle in IRC if that matters.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
LOL Flubinati just went out on a straight murdering spree. 247 rolls in with the mothership zerg trying to find us for extra lewlz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnintendedSpittle
Aug 1, 2012
In case some of you have been to busy sucking cock this weekend, theres a house being dropped tonight between 10 an.d 11 pm est. One of kind penis pump is part of loot.

Gates at brit bank before the drop

• Locked thread