Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

soapgish posted:

Bigger than the lady who had the mega-role of principal on Disney's A.N.T. FARM, at least.

Alright, Mindy Sterling was a bad example. For some reason I thought she had more of an established comedy background before Austin Powers.

Still, she's not an all-star, but she's also not an unknown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's someone everyone knows but nobody can tell you her name.

Anyway all of the people listed would barely be able to make a cable celebrity reality show roster.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

Jason Ritter is really proud of his pube stache

He was fine in Parenthood but I did not think he could carry a show like The Event at all.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I remember that show, it was on for like 3 weeks 2 years ago.

Gravity Falls was mostly pretty okay and then the last two episodes were freaking fantastic so I can't wait for season 2 which I think premieres tonight or something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Quest is the goofiest poo poo I've ever seen. I don't know if I love it or hate it but 2 guys did the Spartacus handshake :3:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Please tell me I'm not the only person watching You're the worst, it's great somehow.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

sbaldrick posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only person watching You're the worst, it's great somehow.

I really liked the first two, haven't seen this week's yet. I think it and Married are a solid block.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

raditts posted:

The internet was around for a good bit of the X-Files's run, and Mulder/Scully shipping was definitely a thing before they had a name for it.

Oh I'm well aware of that, and the degree to which the internet actually influenced the show's production, but that wasn't my point. My point is that in the current era of television production and fandom, the fans would be insufferable and the show would suffer from the accelerated pace of most modern TV.

In Kumail Nanjiani's podcast rewatch of the X-Files he's going back and reading usenet posts and they're pretty much all very well-measured, intelligent discussions. Even the shipping ones were talking about the negative effects that relationship would have on the narrative, and people talking about whether there was actually sexual chemistry present between characters or not. There was nothing even closely resembling a Tumblr community back then.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 1, 2014

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ShakeZula posted:

I really liked the first two, haven't seen this week's yet. I think it and Married are a solid block.

I watched the pilot of You're the Worst and couldn't get into it. It felt like the epitome of "trying to hard".

Married on the other hand I like. Nat Flaxon plays a pretty good every-defeated-married-guy-ever and is a pretty big rear end in a top hat. Judy Greer is great in everything she does, and having Jenny Slate around dosen't hurt. It's not amazing or even extremely funny, but it's definitely....solid.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

sbaldrick posted:

I'm a little back and forth on what goes on in the episode but I could watch the leads together forever.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

Has ABC cancelled that godawful Rising Star show yet? There were commercials everywhere for that turd in the couple weeks leading up to it, followed by absolutely nothing after the first episode aired.

It's below a 1.0 which is pretty much ABC these days, but it has yet to be cancelled and remains a massively expensive debacle. They're probably airing the rest because Summer but there's no way it's getting a second season. It's funny because the show is entirely driven by social media and having the show's app to vote, but then you see something like this from one of the judges:

Keep in mind that Ludacris has 9.5 million followers, several of whom probably retweet any drat thing he says.

ShakeZula posted:

YTW is actually building a really sweet story and I'm loving it. Married I was locked in for as soon as I saw the cast but I swear if she got pregnant from the hotel sex just before his vasectomy then I'm going to feel really deflated about the show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aphrodite posted:

Who? and Eww.

Son of the late Jack "John Ritter" Tripper, I believe?

Bown posted:

Gravity Falls was mostly pretty okay and then the last two episodes were freaking fantastic so I can't wait for season 2 which I think premieres tonight or something

You've reminded me that it does in fact come back tonight! My DVR picked up some 5-minute shorts here and there over the summer as well, if I were a betting man I'd guess they were on the Disney Channel website.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

The internet was around for a good bit of the X-Files's run, and Mulder/Scully shipping was definitely a thing before they had a name for it.

It's kind of mind-blowing that internet communities for television shows have been A Thing for over 20 years. Twin Peaks had a pretty active community online when it premiered in 1990 and Tiny Toons had cast members being stalked by gross manchild fans when most Bronies were still a gleam in their parents' eyes.

GreenNight posted:

People have been enjoying it. Who gives a poo poo? Who are you to say how people spend their time.

People have been enjoying mocking it. Who gives a poo poo? Who are you to say how people spend their time.

Rarity posted:

Gravity Falls is popular and has two solid names in Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal. Or did I just make up that entire show?

Don't forget Coolio, Larry King, Lance Bass, John Oliver, and Alfred Molina inexplicably lending their talent to the show.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Korra and Gravity Falls are ok-er than people give them credit for (in opposite directions). They're pretty ok. Horseman show looks good, aaron paul seems strangely unfit for VO though.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Oh The Killing is back? Is anybody actually going to watch it? I liked most of Season 3, but the absolutely zero promotion/hype doesn't give me much hope for Season 4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

Oh The Killing is back? Is anybody actually going to watch it? I liked most of Season 3, but the absolutely zero promotion/hype doesn't give me much hope for Season 4.

"Back" in that its on Netflix, which is probably why you didn't see a lot of promotion for it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fooz posted:

Korra and Gravity Falls are ok-er than people give them credit for (in opposite directions). They're pretty ok. Horseman show looks good, aaron paul seems strangely unfit for VO though.

Season 3 Korra is looking good so far. Except I think it's weird seeing Korra on You're the Worst at the same time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Korra, have Nick explained exactly what's going on with the streaming stuff? Like when and where?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nick website. Latest episode aired.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of Korra, have Nick explained exactly what's going on with the streaming stuff? Like when and where?

Fridays whenever at Nick.com.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

Just finished season 4. I feel like I've just had the poo poo kicked out of me, emotionally.

It's only a half season, by the way; six episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Good lord. This looks awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdvVh89wN8

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
We're not too late to cash in on the zombie fad! We're not!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a gut feeling that this is a show someone else produced and they just bought the US rights to.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
USA's new series have definitely taken a darker turn than the stuff they replaced from what I've seen so far, and Rush is pretty good.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Imagine Greater™

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh, heh, it's Asylum. Is this their first TV series?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's made by The Asylum, and therefore I shall watch.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
As fun as the Sharknado movies are, the bulk of The Asylum's catalog is still hot garbage and not even enjoyable as B movies. Tread with caution.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

As fun as the Sharknado movies are, the bulk of The Asylum's catalog is still hot garbage and not even enjoyable as B movies. Tread with caution.

I really liked their Sherlock Holmes one actually.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Garth and Walt's Father from Lost are in this. I want to watch this, despite how terrible it may be. God drat you Syfy, why do you cancel all the good stuff in favor of poo poo like this.

Your average viewer.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 2, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Zombies? I'm in.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

Garth and Walt's Father from Lost are in this. I want to watch this, despite how terrible it may be. God drat you Syfy, why do you cancel all the good stuff in favor of poo poo like this.

Your average viewer.

"all the good stuff" being:
-anime back before anime was mainstream/for pedophiles
-Star Trek reruns
-Twilight Zone marathons
-co-producing the Battlestar Galactica remake
-???

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

-anime back before anime was mainstream
-Star Trek reruns
-Twilight Zone marathons
-???

-stuff for jerks
-stuff for pedophile jerks
-stuff for snobby jerks
-stuff for spergy jerks

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 2, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

-Star Trek reruns
-Twilight Zone marathons
-???

Stargate
MST3K

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

...of SCIENCE! posted:

-Star Trek reruns
-Twilight Zone marathons
-???

They used to run like 5 Stargate episodes a day.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mu Zeta posted:

That was an amazing time.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

-Star Trek reruns
-Twilight Zone marathons
-???

They didn't cancel the Twilight Zone marathons.

Dramatically scaled back, sure, but not cancelled.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Didn't they also do Robot Wars? That was fun when I was about 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

Speaking of, Sg1 turned 17 years old last week. I rewatched Children of the Gods (original, un-edited re-release version), 1969 and the black hole episode on netflix last month and they are still good.

• Locked thread