Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Batigh posted:

Did you check the impact site only? Your bloodstain may be up above near where you fell off, or perhaps near the corpse you first jump to past the double illusory walls.

I checked both. First I checked where I landed, and then I traced my path from Servant's Quarters all the way back to the ledge I fell from. No sign of a bloodstain anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

I checked both. First I checked where I landed, and then I traced my path from Servant's Quarters all the way back to the ledge I fell from. No sign of a bloodstain anywhere.

That's odd. I've fallen from up there more times than I care to admit, but I've always found my bloodstain. Sorry I can render no assistance.

Batigh fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 2, 2014

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Also anyone know if there's any truth to this?

http://pastebin.com/UAvwJYna

Really hope these turn out to be legit.

They're almost certainly fake. Why would white phantoms even have sunlight medals? Gold phantoms get those not white. And I'd like to think From would be a little more creative in buffing caster armour than just slapping cast speed on absolutely everything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a template for a magic buff melee guy? I think that's the only archtype I haven't tried yet, but not sure on how much INT and/or Faith I should use.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tae posted:

Is there a template for a magic buff melee guy? I think that's the only archtype I haven't tried yet, but not sure on how much INT and/or Faith I should use.

Well if you're just going buffs then start as Bandit, put no points into Att and use the Southern Ritual Bands for spell slots. You're gonna want to max out w/e elemental Bonus for the buff(s) you're using so they last as long as possible. That's 30/30 For Dark, and 50 for the Magic buffs/SLB. I suggest Dark since you get Dark Weapon really early and it has 4 casts. Also make sure to use the Lingering Dragoncrest Rings.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Why bandit over, say, deprived?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Why bandit over, say, deprived?

Less Att.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

So, I just killed Freja. I get her soul and then run over to get the actual, hovering lord soul. Great. I proceed to Drangeilic castle. Oh wait, I don't have four lord souls? I go back to Freja's room convinced I must have missed it. Nope, that pillar thing is now there below the dragon that is webbed up in the ceiling.

Is there anything I can do? Any way to contact From? Or, shudder, burn an ascethtic and refight Freya? I am playing on PC.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You'd still have more room to customize your character though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Patman posted:

So, I just killed Freja. I get her soul and then run over to get the actual, hovering lord soul. Great. I proceed to Drangeilic castle. Oh wait, I don't have four lord souls? I go back to Freja's room convinced I must have missed it. Nope, that pillar thing is now there below the dragon that is webbed up in the ceiling.

Is there anything I can do? Any way to contact From? Or, shudder, burn an ascethtic and refight Freya? I am playing on PC.

If you don't really care about Freja's weapon, I think you can just get to 1.5 soul memory to open the door.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

I did get her regular soul, so that'd work for me. How do I get 1.5 soul memory?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Shrine of Winter opens at one million soul memory even if you don't have the four great souls.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Ugh, a million souls? Is there a fast way to get souls? Man, this is so irritating. Thank you for your help guys.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Patman posted:

Ugh, a million souls? Is there a fast way to get souls? Man, this is so irritating. Thank you for your help guys.

The easiest way is to kill one of the lord soul bosses a few more times. What is your soul memory at right now? I believe it's the number in the top-right on the player status screen.

Are you sure you killed all four of them and got the "Great Soul Embraced" message for each one?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Coop accrues souls fast (try the great soul bosses), so does the Iron Keep. You sure you killed all four of the great soul bosses? There's the Rotten in Black Gulch, Duke's Dear Freja in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, the Old Iron King in the Iron Keep, and the Lost Sinner in Sinner's Rise.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Yes - I have, in my inventory the following lord souls: Sinner, King and Rotten.

I have Freja's non-lord soul. This is my second play through, so I knew I had to run over and get the lord soul after killing her. The appearance of the crystal ant hill thing seems to confirm I did so. I've been back like three times to Freja's room just to make sure.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Patman posted:

Yes - I have, in my inventory the following lord souls: Sinner, King and Rotten.

I have Freja's non-lord soul. This is my second play through, so I knew I had to run over and get the lord soul after killing her. The appearance of the crystal ant hill thing seems to confirm I did so. I've been back like three times to Freja's room just to make sure.

And you killed the duke and Vengarl's body and lit the bonfire yeah?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You don't have to light the primal bonfires or anything like that, those are just there as a way to get back to Majula during a no bonfire run.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Patman posted:

Can you interact with the rock thing, or no go?

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Nahxela posted:

Can you interact with the rock thing, or no go?

Negative, as I recall, that is an end game thing.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Souls memory is about 1.5 million, so I am going to go see if I can get through.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Well, I'm an idiot. I went to the gate that requires the ring. The winter door opened right up. An idiot is me. I still wonder why I don't have the fourth lord soul, though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Patman posted:

Well, I'm an idiot. I went to the gate that requires the ring. The winter door opened right up. An idiot is me. I still wonder why I don't have the fourth lord soul, though.

You mean in your inventory? Because you don't get a big soul from Freja's boss fight. You just "embrace" the soul.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Patman posted:

Freja doesn't have a Lord Soul, it's just some mutant spider. The dead dragon trapped in the web has the Lord Soul and you absorb it from him. It's not a physical item either.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

This makes me want to learn more lore surrounding Dark Souls II.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patman posted:

This makes me want to learn more lore surrounding Dark Souls II.

Your in luck then, entire youtube channels are out there that do nothing but talk about Dark Souls lore. But almost none of them work on concrete answers, everything is interpretation when it comes to Dark Souls.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well, just started another NG+ run and I keep getting invaded by the same hacker, he's invincible, naked and won't stop throwing gear breaking pots at break neck speeds. When I see his name I just jump off a cliff or something since there is nothing I can do to him, luckily he only got my rings since I'm a dragon and all that but still pretty drat annoying. Really hope they bring Vac back, I wouldn't mind this if I could actually kill the jackass.

Edit: vvvv Well then I hope they come up with one then?

Edit2:

poptart_fairy posted:

So...what's his name?

Ridge Racer.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 2, 2014

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
There was never a VAC though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cainer posted:

Well, just started another NG+ run and I keep getting invaded by the same hacker, he's invincible, naked and won't stop throwing gear breaking pots at break neck speeds. When I see his name I just jump off a cliff or something since there is nothing I can do to him, luckily he only got my rings since I'm a dragon and all that but still pretty drat annoying. Really hope they bring Vac back, I wouldn't mind this if I could actually kill the jackass.

Edit: vvvv Well then I hope they come up with one then?

So...what's his name?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

How is it possible for someone to have less than 700 health at 2M SM? I just "dueled" someone with that much, and by that I mean I hit him once with my Black Knight Greataxe as he was coming towards me and he died instantly. Was comical.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Daynab posted:

How is it possible for someone to have less than 700 health at 2M SM? I just "dueled" someone with that much, and by that I mean I hit him once with my Black Knight Greataxe as he was coming towards me and he died instantly. Was comical.

He never leveled himself up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Red Invaders are really loving dumb in the belltower. If you go for Bellkeepers rather than the host you're just making things harder for yourself.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Red Invaders are really loving dumb in the belltower. If you go for Bellkeepers rather than the host you're just making things harder for yourself.

Red invaders are there to have fun. They gain nothing but useless souls from killing the host. The only POINT to invading in the belltower is to kill bellkeepers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I started a new character on PC, and although I haven't played the game since launch basically, I'm just cruising through the content. But I'm totally stuck in my old mindset and playstyle, so I'm rolling Drangleic armour and bastard sword and I'm not seeing anything that's much better yet at around the halfway point. On my first character I went for the Alonne Knight armour and greatsword, but I don't really want to do that again, so I'm looking for any other good alternative strength-based build.

How is the Murakumo in this game? I got one in the Majula chest, and it was my preferred weapon in DS1. It requires a lot of dex, but is it worth just sticking with the minimum requirement? I was thinking of switching to that and then sticking on maybe the elite knight armour to counteract the weight gain. People are saying it ends up being as good as the Drangleic armour, but gently caress farming for chunks again. Any other good mid-to-heavy armours?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pretty much. If you run into a red phantom in a belltower, chances are they're there to help you gently caress up bellkeepers.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's all well and good but I've yet to see a red invader there do anything except immediately go for the host afterwards.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If I'm invading you know I'm going to murder everybody I can.

Friend tip: If you're invaded by people with long names or uncensored names, disconnect them, they're hackers.

I got attacked by a guy named 'equipment breakage therefore tears' so I unplugged him, but not before he cast acid fog over fourteen times in the space of a second on one of the phantoms with me.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 2, 2014

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Red invaders are jerks only living on the tears of the dead.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Friend tip: If you're invaded by people with long names or uncensored names, disconnect them, they're hackers
Name censoring is done client side, so I don't think that's a hacking-thing.
Also instead of disconnecting, you're probably better of just killing yourself quickly when you're up against an obvious hacker. Disconnecting too often (I think 10 times?) will result in a co-op ban. You'll still get invaded, but won't be able to summon phantoms or get Blue Sentinels assists. You can use a Bone of Order to reset the ban, but those don't grow on trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

That's all well and good but I've yet to see a red invader there do anything except immediately go for the host afterwards.

Well the host may have been a Bellbro in disguise and the red needs to be sure. Or you know, temporary alliances are only temporary and all that.