Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If we don't stack our Olympic squad with All Blacks then I'm going to go mental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Mister Chief posted:

If we don't stack our Olympic squad with All Blacks then I'm going to go mental.

Are professionals eligible for the Olympics?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

He's only 33, he's been around for a while but he's no Matfield.

He's held together with duct tape, though. Him and Carter should retire before the next World Cup. But they won't.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

butros posted:

Are professionals eligible for the Olympics?

GT has made it clear time and again that if you aren't in the sevens squad, you aren't eligible for the team.
As for professionals, US basketball team, Jamaican sprinters, etc. (Aren't the sevens teams professional anyway?)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think just about everything other than Boxing now allows professionals.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Rabbi T. White posted:

GT has made it clear time and again that if you aren't in the sevens squad, you aren't eligible for the team.

Except every comm games before this one?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Tonight's the night boys :getin:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm going to go Crusaders based on the performance by both teams last week.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Crusaders have also not lost to the Waratahs since the opening round of the 2004 Super 12 season, which is 11 straight wins to the Crusaders in the fixtures between these two sides.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 2, 2014

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Every streak has to end. Go the Tahs. One thing is for sure, with Cheika, they won't die wondering.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Crusaders are a scary side to face but the Waratahs have had a cracker of a season so I have to lean towards them. Being a rusted on waratahs fan does bias me though.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

22-19 Waratahs.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This ain't a very cohesive performance from the Crusaders so far.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
First scrum sees the Waratahs put the Crusaders under a lot of pressure. Did not expect that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If the crusaders play like they did earlier in the year they'll get pumped.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well, this TMO call is going to be a bit of a talking point if the Crusaders win this from here.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That was a questionable call, there.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Well, this TMO call is going to be a bit of a talking point if the Crusaders win this from here.

Don't know why. It was a fair try.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Don't know why. It was a fair try.

It's over whether or not Nadolo's foot was in touch before grounding. The TMO presumably had no angle that showed for certain since Beale's legs were obscuring Nadolo's foot that may or may not have been on the tryline, and I guess he gave the attacking team the benefit of the doubt.

For the record, I have no problem with it being awarded, but I can see why someone supporting the Waratahs tonight might be a tad annoyed by it.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Either the Crusaders scrum has come back or the team making the feed is at a disadvantage under current scrum rules.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't think his foot was anywhere near the line.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
I could swear it looked out on the replay.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, his foot looked OK in real time and I had more doubts over the grounding, but the angle from straight-on did raise some doubts.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

This is a good match of rugby.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, his foot looked OK in real time and I had more doubts over the grounding, but the angle from straight-on did raise some doubts.

Until the replay I didn't even consider that his foot might have been out because I thought he grounded it a lot earlier. Doesn't bother me though - I agree that it wasn't conclusive enough so the try should go to the attacking team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hahah Waratahs

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Oh this is going to be gutting...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh my, have the Waratahs choked? :smug:

If the Crusaders lose from here, I'll get an embarrassing avatar as chosen by one of the Aussies here until the start of the Rugby Championship. :toxx:

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 2, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
What the hell is Heinz doing out there?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Giving away that penalty and then that lineout throw..losing Polato-Nau might have lost 'em the game.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah ref rolling the ball back to the mark

edit: Crusaders choked in the end, two shocking kicks from Heinz and an unneccessary penalty from McCaw.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh god, please miss. :ohdear:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

:aaaaa:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Well done the 'Tahs. Exceptionally well deserved. Great great stuff.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
I honestly don't know how I feel about this one. I wish there was a way for both teams to lose.

Edit: At least the Crusaders didn't get 8 titles I guess.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress. Do your worst, you Aussie scum.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

loving finally.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Oh my, have the Waratahs choked? :smug:

If the Crusaders lose from here, I'll get an embarrassing avatar as chosen by one of the Aussies here until the start of the Rugby Championship. :toxx:

You gon' get :troll:'d son.

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

I honestly don't know how I feel about this one. I wish there was a way for both teams to lose.

Pretty much this. That said, the 'tahs have played fun footy this year so props to them. Also that last kick - if he'd been half a yard further back that might not've made it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Good on 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
:smug:

Great atmosphere at the stadium . Also we won. We actually won.

• Locked thread