Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Zorak posted:

Ultimately him leaving the company was mostly because he sort of favored the quick turn around and I'll-just-do-it-myself aspect of smaller teams / start-up developers as opposed to MTGO's own pretty large and careful development.

Let's not forget that his long-time girlfriend of many many years broke up with him days into working at WotC. I've been in the same position myself, and I just left the job I started at after a couple of months because I was just so shook up by it, and I can only imagine how rough it was on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Apparently there's boxes of Japanese M15 that are considered "misprint" because the foil planeswalkers in the boosters are missing loyalty values on them. If you actually manage to find one of these planeswalkers, they're going for a ton?

Anyway, I only mention it because I won one of these boxes at FNM tonight, and promptly turned around and traded it back to the store for $120 in credit. Because I'm lazy.

Cauldron Moose
Dec 25, 2010

Actually a duck
So, can anyone fill me in on a good place to sell cards/buy boosters and tickets for cheaper than in the MTGO store? I pulled a Nissa, Worldwaker in my first non-new-player MTGO draft, and quite fancy using her to pay for a couple more drafts. I'm not really all that sure how to go about it though. Advice?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Use the classifieds and post it up for full retail according to mtgogoldfish or mtgowikiprice. Just wait a few minutes or hours and youll sell it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why did I only buy a playset of Rabblemasters for 85 cents each yesterday afternoon...

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

BXCX posted:

Not that everything Ultra Pro makes is total garbage, I've been switching over to these Satin Tower deck boxes from my previous fat packs filled with cheap deck boxes system and they are nice as hell.

Going back a bit here, but the old UltraPro "Metalized" sleeves that they used to make are still the best sleeves I've ever used - I still have a couple of packs that I've had for like ten years, and they still shuffle smoothly and look great (not one has ever split, either). I happened to find some for sale recently on Amazon from a single seller while scouring the net for them the other day, and bought them out (only 5 packs). I certainly agree that their base picture sleeves these days are not high quality, but those Metalized sleeves hold a special place in my heart.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I can't remember the last time LSV sleeved up a basic island for a Standard or Block PT since caw-blade. Is that so much to ask?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rabblered.

I don't even know what this decklist is and I want it. :allears:

Edit: It's probably goblin tribal but that's fantastic.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 2, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

Rabblered.

I don't even know what this decklist is and I want it. :allears:

Edit: It's probably goblin tribal but that's fantastic.

I just posted my own Modern Goblins decklist with Rabblemaster in the Deckhaus thread. Super fun card in that deck.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Zorak posted:

I just posted my own Modern Goblins decklist with Rabblemaster in the Deckhaus thread. Super fun card in that deck.

Think that fucker will go up above $4? I am kicking m yself for missing the boat last night when they were 89 cents TCG low.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator
I know it's never going to catch on, but I refuse to call him anything other than The Hamburglar. :colbert:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Think that fucker will go up above $4? I am kicking m yself for missing the boat last night when they were 89 cents TCG low.

I don't think it's going to be a money card in the long term, personally. Mono Red aggro is usually a safe bet after new sets / metas appear, and it's a good card in that deck in Standard. I don't think it's going to be a thing in Modern outside gimmicky decks.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cunso posted:

I know it's never going to catch on, but I refuse to call him anything other than The Hamburglar. :colbert:

I keep envisioning the crowd from South Park.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Scg dallas just reversed every match result from rd 1, and asked everyone to line up to get it fixed. When the line wrapped around the venue and out the doors, they decided to just repair everyone.

So, expect coverage to start later than usual, I guess.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Cheapest this morning is $4.29 w/shipping on TCGPlayer. I'm expecting to see a bunch of the RabbleRed decks at FNM since the deck is fairly cheap to build and pretty fun to play

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I preordered my box of M15 and really wanted to make sure I got my rabblemaster promo because it was a week prior to release.

The store owner's response. "You'll get your promo, but I don't know why you want it so badly. The card is poo poo."

Last laughs on me :smuggo:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Count Bleck posted:

The store owner's response. "You'll get your promo, but I don't know why you want it so badly. The card is poo poo."
That's dumb, anyone who tested it in limited realized how good it was very quickly. It's like a little goofy red horse.

People always underrating little red men.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Spiderdrake posted:

That's dumb, anyone who tested it in limited realized how good it was very quickly. It's like a little goofy red horse.

People always underrating little red men.
Going back to the Bingo card, does Goblin Rabblemaster mean Murdergoats will survive rotation (albeit without goats)?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zemyla posted:

Going back to the Bingo card, does Goblin Rabblemaster mean Murdergoats will survive rotation (albeit without goats)?

I'm waiting for Tarkir to add more to the post-Ravnica card pool, but my experimental list (found in my avatar as always) is running 4.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I assume the $4 pricetag is almost entirely attributable to M15 being a new, barely opened set, combined with excessive Pro Tour hype. Firedrinker Satyr is a rare just the same, in the same deck, and is barely 50 cents.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
On the pro tour now there's a section where they compare different nationalities and how they're doing in terms of points. I can't help but feel that there's a better name for this section than "The Top Races".

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

AlsoD posted:

On the pro tour now there's a section where they compare different nationalities and how they're doing in terms of points. I can't help but feel that there's a better name for this section than "The Top Races".

Well it's a good thing that nationality doesn't determine race or it would be a pretty funny pun.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I assume the $4 pricetag is almost entirely attributable to M15 being a new, barely opened set, combined with excessive Pro Tour hype. Firedrinker Satyr is a rare just the same, in the same deck, and is barely 50 cents.

theros was opened entire magnitudes more than how much M15 is going to be opened.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

qbert posted:

Apparently there's boxes of Japanese M15 that are considered "misprint" because the foil planeswalkers in the boosters are missing loyalty values on them. If you actually manage to find one of these planeswalkers, they're going for a ton?

Anyway, I only mention it because I won one of these boxes at FNM tonight, and promptly turned around and traded it back to the store for $120 in credit. Because I'm lazy.

Don't worry, it's the Simplified Chinese M15 planeswalkers. You didn't miss out on a hot gambling opportunity.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

A big flaming stink posted:

theros was opened entire magnitudes more than how much M15 is going to be opened.

Compare it to Tidebinder Mage then, which spiked during the fall Pro Tour to almost the exact level Rabblemaster has, and immediately begin its steady decline thereafter.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
This Neil Reeves fella is pretty good at limited, guys. Just casually goes 6-0.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm still laughing at Jensen doing so well with all those Soulmenders.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

:eyepop: one sided wrath

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Huey is a good Magic™ player. I can't believe how patient he was on that Mass Calcify.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Wow, all Pro Tours will be type 2 next year.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just caught that Liverpool is getting a GP, then London in August, sweet!

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Legacy GP in Seattle, and here I am trying to pay my way into modern :(

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
So, there is a Pro Tour in DC, but no GP DC here for the entire year of 2015. gently caress off, Wizards.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Is the 2015 GP schedule posted anywhere? Someone said 2 modern GP's are in Omaha and Oklahoma city? Please tell me there is at least one modern gp on the east coast

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 2, 2014

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

jassi007 posted:

Is the 2015 GP schedule posted anywhere? Someone said 2 modern GP's are in Omaha and Oklahoma city? Please tell me there is at least one modern gp on the east coast

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Boco_T posted:

So, there is a Pro Tour in DC, but no GP DC here for the entire year of 2015. gently caress off, Wizards.

There wasn't one this year either. It was GP Fairfax County :colbert:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

clamiam45 posted:

Wow, all Pro Tours will be type 2 next year.

Really? Type 2 as in Standard, I assume you mean?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

JerryLee posted:

Really? Type 2 as in Standard, I assume you mean?

Yep. No Modern or Block PTs next year.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:siren::siren:Scion of Vitu Ghazi on camera at the Open!:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Boco_T posted:

I know Baltimore sucks, but it's only like an hour away right? Plus, there's still hope for North America (City TBD)

• Locked thread