Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Halloween 3, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

radlum posted:

Yeah, you are making it seem worse than it actually was. The baby was an "issue" a couple of times and I really didn't mind, I mean, why would I be upset over a baby interrupting my free bad movie podcast? Is Sharknado 2 so important that the discussion must not be interrupted by anyone?

I think they just brought the baby as a "fun" thing and then they realized it wasn't a good idea because of the crying. I doubt they'll do it again.

I figured they might've just not been able to get someone to look after it on short notice. With a baby that young I wouldn't want to just get a babysitter if I were them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Beeez posted:

I figured they might've just not been able to get someone to look after it on short notice. With a baby that young I wouldn't want to just get a babysitter if I were them.

There's always the medicinal treatment of the infant's gums as suggested by the pediatric clinic of Drs. Walker, Daniels and Beam. Like Great-Great-Grandma used to do.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gyges posted:

There's always the medicinal treatment of the infant's gums as suggested by the pediatric clinic of Drs. Walker, Daniels and Beam. Like Great-Great-Grandma used to do.

That's child abuse. No baby should be forced to drink that swill.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rincewind posted:

Does anybody remember which WHM back episode introduced Muldoon's?

Halloween 3.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I know first time parenthood is scary for everyone, but these two seem especially clueless about it all. "A baby is coming! We need to quit all our jobs! It must be intensely stared at 24/7!"
You know they do stuff besides putting out a podcast where they talk about lovely movies, right? Paul is both playing a producer and working as an actual producer on Hotwives of Orlando and they're both still acting in all kinds of other stuff.

If I was a working parent of a newborn baby operating on two hours of sleep or so per night telling people about how bad Gooby or Sharknado 2 are would be pretty low on my list of priorities too.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Speaking of children, horrendous or otherwise, has anyone else listened to the Alcohollywood review of Clifford yet? Jesus christ, that movie shouldn't have been allowed to exist. It's just as well the world at large seems to have forgotten about it. What an abomination.
Excellent review though. Was this movie known of at the time it came out? Or was it quickly forgotten about/buried in a pile of other releases or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infamous Sphere posted:

Speaking of children, horrendous or otherwise, has anyone else listened to the Alcohollywood review of Clifford yet? Jesus christ, that movie shouldn't have been allowed to exist. It's just as well the world at large seems to have forgotten about it. What an abomination.
Excellent review though. Was this movie known of at the time it came out? Or was it quickly forgotten about/buried in a pile of other releases or something?

I had no idea it was a thing, which shocks me because I was right in the meaty part of that target audience at the time, but wow does it sound like maybe the worst thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infamous Sphere posted:

The poster for Clifford is amazing. It's basically the seed that the Bad Posters thread in CineD grew from.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Oh god, that looks like a horrible face swap - right up there with that Aaron Eckhart fantasy movie poster (Neverwas?) You've just reminded me though - I need to catch up on the movie posters thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infamous Sphere posted:

Oh god, that looks like a horrible face swap - right up there with that Aaron Eckhart fantasy movie poster (Neverwas?) You've just reminded me though - I need to catch up on the movie posters thread.

I honestly didn't know the poster was an animated gif (I just pulled it from the OP) until I came here to see your post, and Clifford was looking right at me. :gonk:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I've seen Clifford because Tom Scharpling told me to a bunch of times. 90s Charles Grodin yelling at stuff is good for some nostalgia points with me, everything about Martin Short in that movie is incredibly weird and off-putting though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Infamous Sphere posted:

Was this movie known of at the time it came out? Or was it quickly forgotten about/buried in a pile of other releases or something?

I definitely saw it in theaters and a bunch of times on video. Don't quite remember why, but I think it had something to do with 1) being too young to accurately judge the quality of movies from their trailers and 2) liking Martin Short from SNL reruns on Comedy Central.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Irish Joe posted:

.... liking Martin Short from SNL reruns on Comedy Central.

Hell yeah! Male Men's Synchronized Swimming is still one of the best SNL skits ever.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I don't care what anyone else says, Martin Short has done quite a few funny things.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infamous Sphere posted:

Was this movie known of at the time it came out? Or was it quickly forgotten about/buried in a pile of other releases or something?

Yes, people knew about Clifford when it came out. It was infamously bad even at the time. Roger Ebert gave it a review that's comparable to his North review.

Roger Ebert posted:

It's not bad in any usual way. It's bad in a new way all its own.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsWpQLqzuM

Siskel & Ebert's review of Clifford. I rented it from Blockbuster after it came out. It was impressively weird. Even as a kid, it was so bad I started to wonder what went wrong with the people making the film. Short as a child was just too unsettling to ever let anyone get into the story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Heteroy posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsWpQLqzuM

Siskel & Ebert's review of Clifford. I rented it from Blockbuster after it came out. It was impressively weird. Even as a kid, it was so bad I started to wonder what went wrong with the people making the film. Short as a child was just too unsettling to ever let anyone get into the story.

I remember as I kid one movie night was Clifford and Exit to Eden. I am not sure what movie scarred me more.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fentry posted:

If anyone is wondering how How Did This Get Made would handle the responsibilities of having a new baby and also regularly recording new episodes apparently the answer is to just bring the baby to the recordings where they constantly scream at each other and have the audio of a crying baby in the background of the entire episode. Jesus Christ

The baby made a little noise like twice in the episode, and if you were actually that bothered by it you really need to calm down and go find something else to do.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Speaking of babies, Invisible Child was a great choice for the first summer rerun on WHM. What an incredible movie, what an incredible episode.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fentry posted:

If anyone is wondering how How Did This Get Made would handle the responsibilities of having a new baby and also regularly recording new episodes apparently the answer is to just bring the baby to the recordings where they constantly scream at each other and have the audio of a crying baby in the background of the entire episode. Jesus Christ
I unsubscribed from HDTGM specifically for these reasons, but I'm going to download the Sharknado 2 episode just to see how bad it got. I guess I'm now not only a fan of bad movies and bad movie podcasts, but a fan of bad bad movie podcasts...!

Infamous Sphere posted:

Seriously. What a pile of poo poo - and what a great episode, good job Alcohollywood guys.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

Yam Slacker

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember as I kid one movie night was Clifford and Exit to Eden. I am not sure what movie scarred me more.

My mom showed me Pink Flamingoes when I was nine and also Cronenberg's Crash. I think Clifford was more upsetting.

Also, my mom was a pretty irresponsible parent.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Heteroy posted:

My mom showed me Pink Flamingoes when I was nine and also Cronenberg's Crash. I think Clifford was more upsetting.

Also, my mom was a pretty irresponsible parent.

I'm curious about what kind of fetishes you develop as a result of seeing both of those movies at that age, but at the same time I know that the answer would horrify me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I had the same realization that the hosts had about having forgotten that I saw Clifford. It took me until they describe the dinosaur ride to do it though.

The WHM rerun really makes me wish they put in as many sound clips nowadays as they did in these old eps.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

Yam Slacker

Random Stranger posted:

I'm curious about what kind of fetishes you develop as a result of seeing both of those movies at that age, but at the same time I know that the answer would horrify me.

I am quite possibly the most damaged poster on the forums, short of that dude who was just trying to protect his puckins.

Oddly enough though, nothing particularly interesting as far as sexual needs or fetishes. Maybe it worked as a strange form of the "Son, you're going to smoke this whole carton of cigarettes and never feel the desire to smoke again" therapy.

I can say that I'd likely reflexively stab Martin Short were he to ever sneak up on me.

On a separate note, does anyone else listen to Black on Black Cinema? It's probably one of my favorite film podcasts. It has a similar format to We Hate Movies, The Flophouse, HDTGM, etc. Although it's not specifically a 'bad movie' podcast, like anything there are a lot of really garbage black movies, and a lot of their best episodes are walking through a movie that is either of poor quality, or has, in their estimation, undeservedly become well-regarded over time and doesn't look so good under modern scrutiny.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Drunkboxer posted:

The WHM rerun really makes me wish they put in as many sound clips nowadays as they did in these old eps.

Andrew Jupin made a comment about that around when they got their theme song that he used to be a lot more insecure about the show and would spend a lot of time editing out long pauses and looking for clips and finding the right song to put in as the theme.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

sweetroy posted:

It's the same sort of thing as the Catwoman episode where they basically just shrug and say that if they pointed out differences that would be the entire show

My only issue with Catwoman was them acting as if "Batman Returns" was the high water mark of Catwoman, or... anything, really. Also disappointed they didn't make comparisons to "Cat People:" would Halle turn into a literal cat if she slept with Ben Bratt? As a fan of Cat People, these are jokes I demand from WHM!

Rincewind posted:

Speaking of babies, Invisible Child was a great choice for the first summer rerun on WHM. What an incredible movie, what an incredible episode.

"I've let you talk to my daughter, WHICH I HATE." One of my favorite eps of theirs, right up there with the new Adventures of Pippi.

HDTGM? is always a mixed bag. I really enjoyed the Ghewbie ep, so I don't mind that Sharknado 2 wasn't my favorite. It still had some good bits. But oh no, I heard a baby cry for 30 seconds, podcast ruined!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

laz0rbeak posted:

HDTGM? is always a mixed bag. I really enjoyed the Ghewbie ep, so I don't mind that Sharknado 2 wasn't my favorite. It still had some good bits. But oh no, I heard a baby cry for 30 seconds, podcast ruined!

I thought the Sharknado 2 episode was okay, but I love how angry Scott Aukerman gets at the Sharknado movies. Like they were made to spite him personally.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

laz0rbeak posted:

"I've let you talk to my daughter, WHICH I HATE." One of my favorite eps of theirs, right up there with the new Adventures of Pippi.

My favorite bits from Invisible Child are all of the riffing on ten year old Mae Whitman's elaborate web of lies.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

laz0rbeak posted:

The Invisible Child ep is a joy to listen to it, but to be fair the movie is doing at least half the work. They had their premise, and they just went for it.

Pippi's one of my favorites too, though right up there is Mrs. Doubtfire, which has my inexplicable favorite side tangent: Pierce Brosnan, mom's new boyfriend. "I've got all sorts of Remington Steele stories. And toys and sweets!"

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
I wasn't so big on Pippi. I loved Mrs Doubtfire though, and Invisible Child too is a fantastic episode.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Infamous Sphere posted:

I wasn't so big on Pippi. I loved Mrs Doubtfire though, and Invisible Child too is a fantastic episode.

Pippi brought us the horse voice, though.

"You'll get the chair, Longstocking!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Rincewind posted:

My favorite bits from Invisible Child are all of the riffing on ten year old Mae Whitman's elaborate web of lies.

When they were talking about the teacher conference scene, so funny. And the homemade pizza after hot tubbing. THAT'S NOT A SNACK, THAT'S A MEAL!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

But really, why don't Tim Beeman kill his wife?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

"You've crushed all of her invisible bones! And the doctors can't put her back together BECAUSE SHE'S INVISIBLE!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Duke posted:

When they were talking about the teacher conference scene, so funny. And the homemade pizza after hot tubbing. THAT'S NOT A SNACK, THAT'S A MEAL!

IF YOU HAVE TO GET FOIL OUT AFTER YOU EAT, IT'S A MEAL!

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
I just listened to one of the older episodes of WHM-- episode 89 The Rapture. At the beginning Andrew makes reference to an edit he makes to the podcast due to "recent events" and not being comfortable with describing the scene. Can anyone enlighten me as to what those events were and what the scene was? what were the recent events he was referring to? I am going to guess it might have been the Sandy Hook school shooting, but as the podcasts don't seem to be date stamped, I can't tell for sure when the file was originally posted.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Septic Knothead posted:

I just listened to one of the older episodes of WHM-- episode 89 The Rapture. At the beginning Andrew makes reference to an edit he makes to the podcast due to "recent events" and not being comfortable with describing the scene. Can anyone enlighten me as to what those events were and what the scene was? what were the recent events he was referring to? I am going to guess it might have been the Sandy Hook school shooting, but as the podcasts don't seem to be date stamped, I can't tell for sure when the file was originally posted.

I looked it up, as I listened on the site, and yes, it was Sandy Hook. At least going by the dates.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Septic Knothead posted:

When podcasts do things like this, I really wish they'd keep the unedited version on hand and just quietly switch the edited one out after a few weeks or so. A lot of work for probably just a couple minutes of extra content though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infamous Sphere posted:

I looked it up, as I listened on the site, and yes, it was Sandy Hook. At least going by the dates.

Yea it came out the week of Sandy Hook and he wasn't comfortable having the show have what I assume must have been a decent bit of time spent on talking about a crazy person shooting a child when that actually happened in a larger scale.