Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Amazons giving a bunch of stuff away again.
Sonic racing is one of the apps, won't install on my note 2 though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tater_salad posted:

Amazons giving a bunch of stuff away again.
Sonic racing is one of the apps, won't install on my note 2 though :(

Carcassone!

Weird thing though, none of the apps will install on my Nexus 7. It downloads and when I go to click install on the screen where it highlights the permissions there is no response. Cancel and back work just fine, just install isn't clickable despite appearing so.

Any ideas?

edit: Installing from My Apps worked

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 31, 2014

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

gromdul posted:

I just purchased it for $.10 with google survey money. Thanks for the heads up.

How did you use your play survey money? It wont give me that option.

For Sky Force players, it seems they fixed the friends showing up problem as today I have my whole list. Not sure if cards are working though as I played 10+ games on 3 insane and never got a card. I do have that one with all 4 things completed though.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Carcassonne

Too bad it doesn't have multiplayer. I got this when it was free before and it has been left unused

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I just want to give a quick heads up to Super Crossfighter. Its just a really fun and really great looking old school style arcade shooter. Its a buck, no IAPs.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Just got an e-mail saying Blood Bowl is available for tablets now for 5 dollars. I enjoyed this game on PC so I think I'm going to try it out, seems like it could be a good fit on a tablet.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Trastion posted:

How did you use your play survey money? It wont give me that option.

Click the payment options thingy. Also make sure you are on the same account if you have multiple accounts on your device.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Monument Valley is $1.99 (199 coins) on Amazon right now.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dik-dik posted:

Monument Valley is $1.99 (199 coins) on Amazon right now.

It's fun, but really short.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Sorcery! is the free app of the day on Amazon. I've heard good things about it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IX035QA/ref=mas_fad_img

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
It's really good, you should get it.

It is kinda short, but it's a great adaption/expansion of a classic gamebook.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

General Emergency posted:

Sorcery! is the free app of the day on Amazon. I've heard good things about it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IX035QA/ref=mas_fad_img

Sorcery is a very good, IAP-free, polished version of a choose-your-own-adventure RPG book that has a lot more "game" feel than the others I've tried. There's also a part 2 that was recently released, with plans for 2 more to follow. Definitely worth a try for 0 dollars.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
That new Guardians Of The Galaxy game is on sale on the Play Store. $2, down from $5.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 1, 2014

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

mrkillboy posted:

That new Guardians Of The Galaxy game is on sale on the Play Store. $2, down from $5.

As a movie tie in, I'm sure the game is terrible, but does it at least have a decent soundtrack?

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yes Sorcery is a great little game, definitely get it while it's free! It's by far the best choose your own adventure game on Android that I've played.

Schizoguy
Mar 1, 2002

I have so many things on my social calendar these days, it is difficult to know which you are making reference to, in particular.
Hoplite got an update. I tried it a few times. It's the same game, but some of the powers have been rebalanced, some of the achievements are saner, and there's G+ integration.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Schizoguy posted:

Hoplite got an update. I tried it a few times. It's the same game, but some of the powers have been rebalanced, some of the achievements are saner, and there's G+ integration.

Demolitionists and Wizards have sprites which show whether they can attack or not, which seems like it could be helpful.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So I recently got myself a new Android device and I think I've started getting to grips with it! This means it's ~time for games~

Seeing as my last phone couldn't run anything from the last year or so, what are the games I might have missed out on? Recent stuff, stuff that needs a high powered device or stuff that's Android exclusive would be ideal as I had an iPhone 4 before. I checked the OP but it seems a little out of date maybe.

Games I've enjoyed before have mostly been endless runners or other arcadey progression style games. Really loved Dungeon Raid as well. Phoenix Wright was perfect on my iPhone though I don't know how into that genre of games I am in general. What are the must-haves from the last few months?

Thanks!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

OTTTD is probably my favorite recent android game. Pretty good tower defense, and well polished.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Star Force and Hoplite have been thread favorites. Dead Trigger 2 is fun if you like first person shooters.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
The Room 1 & 2 are essential if you haven't played those.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

victorious posted:

The Room 1 & 2 are essential if you haven't played those.

I had wanted to play The Room but it didn't work on my iPhone 4 for whatever reason, so thanks for reminding me! That tower defense mentioned before looks cool too. I can't find Star Force, did you mean Sky Force 2014? I think I saw someone talking about that a while back.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I had wanted to play The Room but it didn't work on my iPhone 4 for whatever reason, so thanks for reminding me! That tower defense mentioned before looks cool too. I can't find Star Force, did you mean Sky Force 2014? I think I saw someone talking about that a while back.

Yes. A lot of people in this thread mess up the name like that.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hitman GO is probably my favorite mobile game to come out this year. I've also spent more time playing Smash Bandits Racing than I'd like to admit. I also had surprisingly great fun playing the new TMNT brawler, and Metal Slug Defense is really awesome too if you like those games.

Monument Valley is also worth looking into even though its very short. Luckily, its on sale now too, as is Rayman Fiesta Run, which is also worth playing.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 3, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I had no clue I even typed Skyforce wrong.

Some other good games: Samurai 2, Ravensword 2, Punchquest, Spellsword, Wayward Souls.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also good games: Nimble Quest, Jetpack Joyride, Band Of Monsters (combination JRPG+Pokémon), Dungeon Raid, and the soon to be released Tiny Tower Vegas.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ponzicar posted:

I had no clue I even typed Skyforce wrong.

Some other good games: Samurai 2, Ravensword 2, Punchquest, Spellsword, Wayward Souls.

This made me check again, and Wayward Souls is on the Amazon app store now. It's even a dollar less than the Play store. You also get 150 coins back so it's basically $3.50. I had a ton of coins to use from the camera app craziness, so it's a hell of a deal.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Ragequit posted:

This made me check again, and Wayward Souls is on the Amazon app store now. It's even a dollar less than the Play store. You also get 150 coins back so it's basically $3.50. I had a ton of coins to use from the camera app craziness, so it's a hell of a deal.

Thanks for this! Glad to have something good to spend my amazon funny money on.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Anyone else having audio issues with The Walking Dead Season 1 on their Nexus 7 over bluetooth? I downloaded it for a flight and the sound was all distorted and out of sync. Almost as if it was playing at 25% speed with lots of cutting out. When I do it with the speakers, it's just fine.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

OTTTD is real good, thanks to whoever recommended that in the past few pages

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The Duggler posted:

OTTTD is real good, thanks to whoever recommended that in the past few pages

I remember recommending this game a while back but a lot of people were wary of IAPs (which I'm sure you noticed were totally unnecessary) and the screenshots and advertising was really lame. Looks like they've changed that. Oh and the stuttering when theres a ton of gibs flying around (dunno if thats even still an issue, I'm playing it on the shield tablet and it doesnt for me).

I still play the game but theres still a few bugs here and there. At one point the game froze and I just let it sit while I did some work stuff and when I finally got back to restarting it somehow my money and crystals had become maxed out.

There's also been a time or two where it hasn't fully loaded or the stage hasn't ended even though all the waves are done.

Overall its a really good game if you like tower defense. Seeing skulls shoot their eyeballs out as weapons doesn't get old either.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I downloaded it ages ago but started playing Hunters Episode One for real, and it's really good. I hope that they get around to porting the sequel, and Warhammer Quest to Android as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I totally missed this, but on July 26, Halfbrick made Colossatron free.

Also, I've never played it, but goons have said good things about rymdkapsel, and it's currently on sale for $1.99.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 3, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Here's a request I haven't seen before in the thread: are there any good submarine sim games? I grew up playing stuff like Silent Scope and a tablet would seem to be a pretty good platform for one.

Also I ran into a bunch of naval strategy games such as Pacific Fleet and Battle Fleet, which look pretty good although I'm not too interested in dropping money on them currently as I have other games to play.

Kheldarn posted:

Also, I've never played it, but goons have said good things about rymdkapsel, and it's currently on sale for $1.99.
I really dug rymdkapsel and my only complaint was that there weren't more maps and objectives. It was an excellent few days' time waster though, and I don't regret buying it at all. It felt very... Self-contained, and like the developers weren't trying to overreach themselves.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 3, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Sorry for double-post but I just ran into this on the Phandroid.com best of July games list, and it's apparently a limited time offer.

Dennys' Atari Remix

It's free, and it's got some long-time favorite games of mine. Too bad I am too emotionally-scarred by the smell of Dennys Toast (it smells like rubber) by having to drive past (and smell) one every day for many, many years.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Here's a request I haven't seen before in the thread: are there any good submarine sim games? I grew up playing stuff like Silent Scope and a tablet would seem to be a pretty good platform for one.

I tried looking for a good submarine simulation game before and the market is mostly flooded with side scrolling arcade games and battleship clones. I did not find anything cool worth telling anyone about.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

coyo7e posted:

Saw this one get a spotlight on Pocket Tactics a few months ago: Crash Dive.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Started playing Tiny Dice Dungeon and it's been pretty fun. It's kind of like pokemon.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Got a Moto X and am finally getting round to moving in properly.

If anyone remembers the original Settlers game and knows of any free / trial versions of a game in that vein (build a village, mine resources, defend it) I would be interested.

Also interested in civ clones and turn based RPGs.

In return, I would like to point out a port of an old Nokia k800 era game called Pipes by 'Ben or Dan'. It's a great outlet for OCD tendencies since the goal is to get all the pipes to connect to each other. There's an optional time limit but it is a fantastic timewaster otherwise. I've carried this game across the last four, maybe five phones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The full version of Talisman is finally up for Android.

• Locked thread