Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Butt Discussin posted:

Applied to the goon2 army in game. Do people in the army do a lot of group raids and activity, or is it mostly solo?

mostly solo or small groups so far. we haven't organized too much yet because the game just released with actual content. I'm sure as there are more members getting maxed we'll group up more for pvp and raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

mostly solo or small groups so far. we haven't organized too much yet because the game just released with actual content. I'm sure as there are more members getting maxed we'll group up more for pvp and raids.
It's also a little difficult as most or our newbies are in GOON2. We should start a campaign to get the army cap raised now that AllianceBot is out of commission.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GOON2 feels so lonely :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Baller Time posted:

I can't even imagine how people are playing this without the permanent LGV and Glider Pad. On one hand, I'm very grateful that I got these free for spending too much time in the beta, on the other hand it must be pretty bad for new players. Same with the pilot token grind.

This. I gave it a fair shake tonight and this game is buggy and boring as hell. Our squad constantly had missions desync or break completely and it's just overall bland as hell. If I didn't have a permanent jump pad from the beta I wouldn't have even made it to level 10 for all of the bullshit running back and forth there is just to talk to some NPC and have nothing else happen. It's so goddamn bad.

e: i like the quest where some "mom" is worried that her "son" is in danger hunting for food because apparently her family is starving in the middle of this resort town. she gave me this quest while standing in the middle of a night club whose signs said "coffee shop"

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So I just confirmed that the client has MASSIVE memory leak like that's the second time that after an hour of playing all my RAM is used until I force quit. Also made me lose a full Thumper load plus participation on a second one. Luckily none of those idiots took my 70% spot though.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
It's more funny when a father who is worried about his daughter being at the nightclub when you turn in the quest.

Also, does anyone feel like Aero is kind of a passive aggressive bitch?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

jerichojx posted:

To be fair I think every NPC in the game is passive aggressive.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

jerichojx posted:

I can't tell what the hell her deal is. Sometimes she talks as if she's a handler behind a computer seeing all of your data, sometimes she talks as if she's in the squad fighting alongside you guys, and sometimes she talks like she's completely out of the loop as to what's going on. It's completely incoherent and the script (along with the setting in general) is a complete mess.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Morglon posted:

So I just confirmed that the client has MASSIVE memory leak like that's the second time that after an hour of playing all my RAM is used until I force quit. Also made me lose a full Thumper load plus participation on a second one. Luckily none of those idiots took my 70% spot though.

I've never had to quit the game but I've been dumped to the desktop twice with Windows telling me that FirefallClient is using too much memory and I'm out, despite task manager saying that I'm only using a fraction of it. It doesn't quit the game though and I just alt-tab back in and continue playing.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Well, a random ARES mission was pleasantly disrupted by a literal LootPinata spawning on me. What struck me as the strangest was Oilspill actually appearing on the radio saying to GET DAT poo poo. :getin:

Yodzilla posted:

If I didn't have a permanent jump pad from the beta I wouldn't have even made it to level 10 for all of the bullshit running back and forth there is just to talk to some NPC and have nothing else happen. It's so goddamn bad.
I'm liking the game so far at 19 despite things like that, but I already know the game is going to test my patience to the limit as it bestows upon me job after job after job on the top of mile loving high cliffs with no easy or accessible way up them except for one tiny rear end road on the complete other side of it.

I know they have to take a huge gamble on a free-to-play model, but it's an incredibly risky decision to put transportation devices as effectively cash-only for a long rear end time while designing jobs to be as far out and fetchquesty to push players to buy them.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Nalin posted:

It's also a little difficult as most or our newbies are in GOON2. We should start a campaign to get the army cap raised now that AllianceBot is out of commission.

The army cap size is definitely something that's being looked into, but reminders about how important that is couldn't hurt. :)

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Ville Valo posted:

The army cap size is definitely something that's being looked into, but reminders about how important that is couldn't hurt. :)

Just give the GOON army a pass and increase it to 5000. Please?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I haven't had a problem keeping stocked with glider pads. Not having a bike is a pain, it would be nice if it came around level 15 or so. Telling someone who just started that it is level 24 sounds like forever to them. It doesn't have to be a good one, you can make it look like a Rascal if you want to.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Fina posted:

I've never had to quit the game but I've been dumped to the desktop twice with Windows telling me that FirefallClient is using too much memory and I'm out, despite task manager saying that I'm only using a fraction of it. It doesn't quit the game though and I just alt-tab back in and continue playing.

I have had this happen as well.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

I haven't had a problem keeping stocked with glider pads. Not having a bike is a pain, it would be nice if it came around level 15 or so. Telling someone who just started that it is level 24 sounds like forever to them. It doesn't have to be a good one, you can make it look like a Rascal if you want to.

Class specific at 15 would seem like a good compromise. Unlike now where hitting 25 on one character unlocks the bike for eternity. Even WoW unlocks tied to each character instead of account.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Pierson posted:

Back in the beta the minimap used to display what resources could be thumped where using that radar-mode when you hit tab. Is that no longer the case? All I get now is 'minimal resources detected' or some poo poo.

Ever since the old resources were removed, it's been like that. Then again, the resource nodes are so incredibly massive now and so insanely deep that they last for days so you could log in at Copa, load the map and hit Tab and all you'd see at every single tower is Iron and Tungsten. Well, you might not see Tungsten at all of them but you can't not find Iron.

Hell, it's faster to use /boing to jump shards and hammer outside of whatever city you pop in to than running around looking for the start of the next node. I love it. I hated draining a node in two thumps. I like that I've been milking the same node for a week now as long as I remember which shards have what resources in my favorite thumping spots.

xxEightxx posted:

http://firefall-wiki.com/w/Ares_Supplies

fyi if you are looking for a vendor resource, the old rare component recipes are listed there. Time to start grinding for shielded crater.

If that had existed when I made my wall-o-text post with the same info back on page 1, I would not have bothered. :(

DarkDobe posted:

Shame the hud clutter gets captured too

F9 is the best 9!

Butt Discussin posted:

Applied to the goon2 army in game. Do people in the army do a lot of group raids and activity, or is it mostly solo?

If I'm online, I'm in mumble and putting together groups to go run around and do poo poo. If I'm not online, I suggest taking the initiative and doing the same thing. Whenever possible, always link up with other goons. Goons make everything better worse, but at least it's more fun!

Eltoasto posted:

GOON2 feels so lonely :(

Hop in the CTS mumble and get in the Firefall channel. That's the only way right now to cross-communicate between both armies.

Morglon posted:

That's not normal. Check out the technical support forums and see if someone's had this happen before and what the fix is. If you can't find one, https://support.firefallthegame.com/home submit a ticket and they can help.

Person Without An LGV posted:

Not having a bike sucks. The world is too big to travel on foot. I hate effort.

Blue Run Speed cores are amazing. I mostly play recons and other fast frames and if you add in a perk or two, you'll be hauling rear end. I have a bike but almost never use it unless I decide I want to travel to the other end of the map or something. Having to stop and get on the bike seems like such a chore compared to just sprinting along. It's also easier to go over rocks and hills that way. Stopping to blow up a node or open a box is so much faster too without having to slam on the brakes, back up, get off, on, etc.

If you find yourself having to climb mountains a lot, the energy core is pretty nice too. Since you have 300 energy before perks, the extra 180 or so a decent energy core gives feels like you have nice jumpjets from closed beta.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

That's not normal. Check out the technical support forums and see if someone's had this happen before and what the fix is. If you can't find one, https://support.firefallthegame.com/home submit a ticket and they can help.

Well the fix is not thumping for three hours straight. It only seems to happen when I stay in the same spot for insane amounts of time.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I have too many customization unlocks, and with me transfering some of the 1.000.000+ crystite I still had banked into cash money I now got even more. I spend more time loving around with camo, colors and hats than with killing insect and chosen men. I feel so dirty playing dress up all day, but it feels so right. :ohdear:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Feindfeuer posted:

I have too many customization unlocks, and with me transfering some of the 1.000.000+ crystite I still had banked into cash money I now got even more. I spend more time loving around with camo, colors and hats than with killing insect and chosen men. I feel so dirty playing dress up all day, but it feels so right. :ohdear:

I too play virtual combat barbie simulator.

I just wish there was a giant afro in the cash shop. There aren't enough soul brothers in game.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

Hop in the CTS mumble and get in the Firefall channel. That's the only way right now to cross-communicate between both armies.
Yeah, if you're playing, you should idle in the Firefall channel even if no one else is there.

Goons 2 is sucking because nobody ever talks, dammit. :(

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, if you're playing, you should idle in the Firefall channel even if no one else is there.

Goons 2 is sucking because nobody ever talks, dammit. :(

To be fair, there is rarely any talking in GOON either.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pretty sure "Nobody talks in guild chat" is actually a selling point for a goon guild in a mmo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Is there a better method of selling beans besides putting them up for 100 and waiting days for them to sell? My sell order is going on 24 hours now :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
For the foreseeable future no. Everybody and their dog are trying to sell beans for credits right now since credits are severely limited by gameplay stuff and beans are only limited by how much people are willing to spend.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Applied to GS2 as RichardMNixon.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Whats the Armored Dropsahip above the Military District in Copa for? Everytime I click on it it says "choose instance" with nothing listed.

Is it a dungeon that Im just not high enough level for (current level 5)?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Kris xK posted:

Whats the Armored Dropsahip above the Military District in Copa for? Everytime I click on it it says "choose instance" with nothing listed.

Something like that, yeah. You go out to the rear end end of nowhere to find a downed ship or something.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I play on my TV and can't read the chat window at all, because it is so small. I consider this a bonus.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Kris xK posted:

You'll get the first campaign mission at level 6, and then seven more up through level 24. That's Slingshot's ship; he's one of the characters in the campaign story.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Apple Craft posted:

I play on my TV and can't read the chat window at all, because it is so small. I consider this a bonus.

I've never played an MMO where being able to read chat enhanced the experience.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Ville Valo posted:

You'll get the first campaign mission at level 6, and then seven more up through level 24. That's Slingshot's ship; he's one of the characters in the campaign story.

And the guy who keeps bitching about you not mining good stuff even if your thumper is 75% Uranium 25% Titanium. He also bitches at you if your thumper breaks. There's actually a lot of bitching, I'd like an option to reduce chatter to mission relevant like your suit telling you you're about to be swallowed by melding and to turn off the constant reminders about your mission while you're busy dealing with a bigger event you came across on the way. Petty complaint I know, but it gets on my nerves at times.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

You can increase font size in Options -> Interface -> Chat.

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran
Just hit a problem getting into the game after an instance crashed on myself and the squad I was in. apparently a dev has to reset manually what instance I am in since the one I was in is not a permanent one. I made a post as recommended by this thread, hopefully that will take care of it. the other people that crashed will have to do the same.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Been playing this for a few hours, and it's quite pretty but all there is to do is literally get quest, travel to quest. Netcode isn't the best either. DOes it get better at higher levels, more variety? I am 15 atm

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Lemon King posted:

You can increase font size in Options -> Interface -> Chat.

No offense, because I know you are trying to help, but I think you missed the point there.

On the other hand, if you know a way to increase the font size of the other elements of the UI, I would definitely appreciate that.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 3, 2014

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

No offense, because I know you are trying to help, but I think you missed the point there.

On the other hand, if you know a way to increase the font size of the other elements of the UI, I would definitely appreciate that.
I understood what you meant.
As for components besides what the only way is to increase font size is the scale each component on the grid.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Applied for GOON2 as Krisxk

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Are the chat servers borked? Neither my friend nor myself can chat or squad up. Trying to figure out if we have local issues or not.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Kilazar posted:

Are the chat servers borked? Neither my friend nor myself can chat or squad up. Trying to figure out if we have local issues or not.

Did you guys verify your email? I think I had that problem with chat until I did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
It's back now.

Looks like it was down for everyone with the way the zone chat is going on about it.

• Locked thread