Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Small Frozen Thing posted:

It's entirely possible for the French to be lovely racists and the Muslims who force women to cover themselves to be rear end-backwards misogynists, it's not a mutually exclusive thing.

And you saying " French people are racist" isn't racist because...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

Thatim posted:

This thread used to be fun.

Give me my dosis of Social Media Idiots, thank you.

Ask and ye shall receive. What follows is a sampling of posts from my batshit crazy uncle.

Coming this fall on Fox News "Immigrants and RFIDs" He nearly always copies and pastes the the text of the entire article along with his rants and a link to the story. (I've cut that out of most of these to save screen space.

Something something Obama bad ARE COUNTRY!

pee pee doo doo Obama bad, and a birther spotted.

Wherein he over-shares about his visit to the doctor and makes poo poo up whole cloth. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Word salad, Boko Haram, Muslims bad! Source: Friends of the IDF :rolleyes:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Gerblyn posted:

Maybe they should stop electing far-right nationalists who have racism as a central party platform, then. :v:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Maybe they should stop electing far-right nationalists who have racism as a central party platform, then. :v:

Americans do it all the time, are Americans lovely racists?

Edit: this is a dumb argument I should drop, because it probably just involves you inserting invisible "some"s into sentences while I insert invisible "all"s :)

Gerblyn has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Aug 3, 2014

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Here's some of the latest shares from the crazies on my facebook, sorry if any are repeats.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

I'm a gigantic hippie, but I have no idea what the hell "soursop" is.

quote:

I'm a gigantic hippie and I'm here to tell you that juicing raw cannabis leaves can get you high as gently caress. :parrot:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Gerblyn posted:

Edit: this is a dumb argument I should drop, because it probably just involves you inserting invisible "some"s into sentences while I insert invisible "all"s :)

Hell yeah man, we're totally lovely racists. Voter ID as veiled poll tax, absurdly uneven conviction rates, some of the reactions to the refugee children...

But yeah, that's a good point.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

bonestructure posted:

I think it only grows in tropical places, I dunno, over here is common during certain seasons. It's a delicious fruit and you can make awesome aguas frescas with it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

bonestructure posted:

It's just yet another fruit that's common in countries outside the US and Europe, so the crunchy granola lot decided it's on the BESTEST HEALTHIEST FOODS list. It might actually have some medicinal uses (still too early to tell), but it's mostly just hippie white people latching onto another 'exotic' food.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Here's some of the latest shares from the crazies on my facebook, sorry if any are repeats.

Organic farming uses a shitton of pesticides and fertilizers, but they're ~natural~ ~organic~ ~Earth-friendly~ ~sustainable~ ~wholesome~ ~gluten-free~ ~chakra-balancing~ ~wholistic~ ~cures cancer, HIV, and depression~ pesticides and fertilizers, so it must be okay to not list them

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

I'm pretty sure I let out an audible "ugh" when I found this gem in the YouTube comments.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hedera Helix posted:

Organic farming uses a shitton of pesticides and fertilizers, but they're ~natural~ ~organic~ ~Earth-friendly~ ~sustainable~ ~wholesome~ ~gluten-free~ ~chakra-balancing~ ~wholistic~ ~cures cancer, HIV, and depression~ pesticides and fertilizers, so it must be okay to not list them

If I remember rightly, a lot of the organic pesticides that get used are often more toxic than the synthetic pesticides.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Oh man, who could have possibly predicted that the World Trade Center could be the target of a terrorist attack before 9/11?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lyz posted:

I'm pretty sure I let out an audible "ugh" when I found this gem in the YouTube comments.

Looks more like some non-redditor making a joke about it, seems too much to be real.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Serperoth posted:

Looks more like some non-redditor making a joke about it, seems too much to be real.

You have to be an idiot to make a comment that bad, whether it's intended as humor or not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

Because French isn't a race.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

Serperoth posted:

There are about 8 million of these novelty accounts all making the same joke, and the net effect is that it somehow becomes not a joke and actually a thing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gerblyn posted:

YES!

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

hamster_style posted:

Ask and ye shall receive. What follows is a sampling of posts from my batshit crazy uncle.

Anyone who uses the term "We The People" is a loving moron.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
An idiot off social media story:

My aunt went from being a very sweet woman to crazy conservative. Every family get together includes some mention of dirty mexicans, Obama the worst thing to happen to America, people who abuse welfare. The usual. I snagged this as an example (I have zero idea which story she's talking about, but since I blocked every other mention of politics by her, it was the only one I could find)

The best part is that she gets most of her news from Facebook. She told me, in complete seriousness, that Trayvon Martin was buying the ingredients to make 'a drug' (I asked her if it was purple drank and she stared at me in horror) but that the media wasn't reporting on it, the only place you'll get the truth is FACEBOOK!

Anyway, she has stopped using Facebook entirely as of two weeks ago. Why? Because 'they' are watching certain people, including her, on Facebook, mining your page for information to use against you. A different 'they' was going to make a different social networking site that you could post on without fear of your information being used by 'them'!

She then complained about her phone being tapped by the NSA.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Palisader posted:

Anyway, she has stopped using Facebook entirely as of two weeks ago. Why? Because 'they' are watching certain people, including her, on Facebook, mining your page for information to use against you. A different 'they' was going to make a different social networking site that you could post on without fear of your information being used by 'them'!

She's probably talking about Reaganbook.

Also, "I asked her if it was purple drank and she stared at me in horror". Gold.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Aug 4, 2014

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Oh my god, I bet it is Reaganbook. Oh my goodness. I need to ask her now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

She's one of those people that only get news from the clickbaity trending news thing that facebook has now.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

hamster_style posted:

Wherein he over-shares about his visit to the doctor and makes poo poo up whole cloth. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Haha. They probably took him to another room to ask about his mental status because they could see the crazy. They like, "gently caress, we need to get him on some meds before he kills someone." Oh yeah. And it sucks that he had to get Medicaid so that he could afford his medical treatment which he would not be able to afford without state aid. drat YOU BIG GOV'T FOR TRYING TO HELP HIM NOT DIE PAINFULLY!

Also, he wasn't just making a birther argument in the post before that. He said that you can't be president if you're "illegitimate." Like, no fatherless children, even if born in the states, can ever be president.

Bored has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Aug 4, 2014

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Palisader posted:

Oh my god, I bet it is Reaganbook. Oh my goodness. I need to ask her now.

For extra laughs, tell her "someone" told you it was Reaganbook.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Palisader, your grandmother uses Reaganbook.

This is the NSA.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bored posted:

Haha. They probably took him to another room to ask about his mental status because they could see the crazy. They like, "gently caress, we need to get him on some meds before he kills someone." Oh yeah. And it sucks that he had to get Medicaid so that he could afford his medical treatment which he would not be able to afford without state aid. drat YOU BIG GOV'T FOR TRYING TO HELP HIM NOT DIE PAINFULLY!

That's what I was thinking. I'm on Medicaid and at my first visit to my new doctor they already had pulled up what records they had for me on file, asked what I was coming in for and the default questions they always ask like if I feel safe in my relationship and if I needed a referral for anything specialty like the gynecologist.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Gerblyn posted:

They're white

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Kill whitey

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

"Kids died so I'm allowed to call a game console retarded"

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!
"I'm here to make people feel good about themselves by marginalizing a segment of the population; also, calling something retarded is a hilarious joke you're welcome."

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Why is he wasting time on twitter complaining about people's complaints? Every second he spends on twitter is a second he's not spending building schools in africa or something.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I did a dumb thing, I got into an internet argument with some MRA fuckwit. http://imgur.com/gallery/LhYo92P/comment/263905219 I'm HPArtsandcrafts on imgur too. Apparently this guy is now trying to downvote nearly everything I've commented on.

HP Artsandcrafts has a new favorite as of 04:09 on Aug 4, 2014

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

But if his job is to make people laugh, he really sucks at his job! None of the jokes in this post were funny :(.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Why is he wasting time on twitter complaining about people's complaints? Every second he spends on twitter is a second he's not spending building schools in africa or something.

JonTron is like, physically incapable of not ranting at the slightest hint of drama directed toward him. If given the chance he will always put his foot in his dumb loving mouth.

He does produce fairly competent entertainment (his videos were better when he had the Game Grumps doing the camerawork and editing for him, though) but these days he's sorta just another blip on the radar. Quitting the Grumps was pretty much the dumbest thing he ever did to his career.

Excels has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Aug 4, 2014

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

M_Sinistrari posted:

That's what I was thinking. I'm on Medicaid and at my first visit to my new doctor they already had pulled up what records they had for me on file, asked what I was coming in for and the default questions they always ask like if I feel safe in my relationship and if I needed a referral for anything specialty like the gynecologist.

Yeah asking about abuse is now a thing they just do all the time. When I was at a medi-center for a work injury they asked me that. Which, to me is fantastic that they're making people aware that help exists.

Excels posted:

Quitting the Grumps was pretty much the dumbest thing he ever did to his career.

Pretty much. But we all benefitted, since the new setup on that series is way funnier.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

kannonfodder posted:

Pretty much. But we all benefitted, since the new setup on that series is way funnier.

Yeah, New Grumps is so

much

better.

:smith: why'd you do it, jon

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Excels posted:

Yeah, New Grumps is so

much

better.

:smith: why'd you do it, jon

OK? They played some dumb games? Jon and Arin did too. I just meant that Danny is much funnier (tells jokes that aren't just screaming and making funny noises), and having Ross mixes stuff up nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Why is it so difficult for ~Internet celebs~ to just say "my apologies if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent, and my choice of words was poor so as an adult I will admit that, and will take this all as a learning experience."
E: ha, actually considering that PA and Now Jontron are who comes to mind, I'm not surprised. Internet manbabies acting like Internet manbabies at the slightest bump, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Locked thread