Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Thief posted:

[LAME] is accepting hardcore steering wheel users :snoop:
pitch mapped to one pedal, thrust to the other, yaw to the paddle shifters? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I know a guy that used to fly in BF2 with a steering wheel, so its a thing I guess.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Katsukai posted:

Which squadrons are still active/recruiting?

Gt Lt is not. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

pitch mapped to one pedal, thrust to the other, yaw to the paddle shifters? :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIXG5OcbTM

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I got the Thrustmaster Ferrari GT (PS2 + USB) for a fiver at a second hand shop years ago, should be pretty good for WT challenges:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So what's the difference between the BF 109 F-4 and the F-4/Trop?

Other than the umbrella.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Nothing really other than the F-4 gets cooler paint jobs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Heliosicle posted:

So all the Trop gets is a higher BR and a worse paintjob for nothing? :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Artificer posted:

Yes, F-4/Trop is good old F-4, just meant for combat in Africa, so the factual difference between tropical F-4 and the regular F-4 is just a dust filter, if I recall correctly.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Artificer posted:

Yes.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Eh. I like the F-4 and I go up against planes higher than the original F-4. I'm sure the Trop version will do just fine. Wish it was slightly better though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Katsukai posted:

Which squadrons are still active/recruiting?

I can let you into WoL. Message Cop_Killa in game if you're applying under a different name than your forums one so I'll know who you are.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
New Devblog entry..

No tanks this time, but instead something super sexy.

The F7F-1 Tigercat is on its way.

4x 20mm Hispano plus 4x .50 freedom throwers.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Is that the American version of the Beaufighter or something?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I am sure it will be a worthless pile of poo poo good for nothing but head ons, like every twin-engine fighter in the game.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fart Car '97 posted:

I am sure it will be a worthless pile of poo poo good for nothing but head ons, like every twin-engine fighter in the game.
Fortunately, it is designed for head ons, check out the front profile:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fart Car '97 posted:

¿You ever heard of the ki-45?

If the f7f flies even like a faster P-38, it will be cool. The thing was fast as gently caress, and looks absolutely gorgeous. They have an airworthy one at pima.

And its guns are super tightly placed. Even the stuff in the wings is packed in the wing roots iirc.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It looks cool like nearly all of the naval planes.
I kinda wanna fly it and I kinda don't want to fly it. Maybe it is amazing at BnZ?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

That doesn't count, it's an exception to the rule :colbert:

mlmp08 posted:

And its guns are super tightly placed. Even the stuff in the wings is packed in the wing roots iirc.

Yeah they are, there was a picture of it firing its guns in the CDK up the other day.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The F7F thread is mostly bitter jokes about its possible BR :lol:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

Last night I took one of those out for the first time. A Yak-1 and a P-63 dove on a friendly Zero 1 KM below me. I flipped over, dove on them, caught them almost instantly. The Yak tried to turn away. I turned with him at around 500KM, out turned him, and blew his wing off. Then I snapped back onto the P-63 and blew it apart. I was promptly murdered by an IL-2, but the Ki-45 is loving insane. :stare:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

The F7F thread is mostly bitter jokes about its possible BR :lol:

Gonna be a pretty sweet bird at BR 3.0

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Last night I took one of those out for the first time. A Yak-1 and a P-63 dove on a friendly Zero 1 KM below me. I flipped over, dove on them, caught them almost instantly. The Yak tried to turn away. I turned with him at around 500KM, out turned him, and blew his wing off. Then I snapped back onto the P-63 and blew it apart. I was promptly murdered by an IL-2, but the Ki-45 is loving insane. :stare:

Y'all won't listen to me about the Ki-96, which is significantly better than the 45.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Both are bad gimmick planes.

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

Feindfeuer posted:

New Devblog entry..

No tanks this time, but instead something super sexy.

The F7F-1 Tigercat is on its way.

4x 20mm Hispano plus 4x .50 freedom throwers.

It's a 1944 american navy plane so I'm looking forward to fighting it in the battle of france.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Wooper posted:

Both are bad gimmick planes.

Prove it. :colbert:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Guardians of the Galaxy is a really fun summer movie, you guys should see it. Why am I posting that in this thread? One of the less subtle morals of the story is don't do headons.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

mlmp08 posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is a really fun summer movie, you guys should see it. Why am I posting that in this thread? One of the less subtle morals of the story is don't do headons.

Except for the parts where headons is exactly what they need to do.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vadoc posted:

Except for the parts where headons is exactly what they need to do.

Without getting spoilery, the mantra with headons is that it takes two to tango, and you only accept one if you have literally no other choice in the universe.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Let me restate the two rules of head ons:
1. Never head on
2. Win
If you follow this you too can become master of head ons.

IDK how applicable this is to the movie.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 3, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It was never used in WW2. :raise:

I guess that doesn't really matter for Gaijin at this moment anyway so yay for another head-on machine.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Heliosicle posted:

but you can put the "14" and Jg.27 decals to good use by roleplaying Marseille and turnfight in your 109 like a true Wheraboo :godwinning:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

It was never used in WW2. :raise:

I guess that doesn't really matter for Gaijin at this moment anyway so yay for another head-on machine.
Yeah, adding the P-61 Black Widow would be nice. Look forward to them just copy/pasting the F7F model onto it whenever it gets released.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Played some groundforces today

:unsmigghh:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
You seem to be confused.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Artificer posted:

Don't call Gaijin's statistics-based balancing nothing! Clearly their system is totally not biased/broken/wrong/utter loving poo poo when it says literally identical planes should have different BRs.

I seriously hope whoever is responsible for their MMing system contributes something otherwise useful to their "small" team, otherwise they need to hurry up and fire him; if that's his primary role, he's failing miserably at it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

bUm posted:

Don't call Gaijin's statistics-based balancing nothing! Clearly their system is totally not biased/broken/wrong/utter loving poo poo when it says literally identical planes should have different BRs.

I seriously hope whoever is responsible for their MMing system contributes something otherwise useful to their "small" team, otherwise they need to hurry up and fire him; if that's his primary role, he's failing miserably at it.

Seems to me like the biggest problem with their methodology is they aren't weighting the inputs to their BR stat algorithm based on player ELO or w/l or whatever. John McCain getting shot down shouldn't factor into the BR stats for his plane as much as someone that wins a match every now and then.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Played some groundforces today

:unsmigghh:

How are you actually getting tank games?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Plan Z posted:

How are you actually getting tank games?
Just queue up? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I get it that he just wanted to say something funny to the Youtube/Twitch superstar during a stream, but he kept at it so much that I have to wonder if he meant it. :gay: Despite the awkward chat, it was fun to watch a bunch of kamikaze Arados take out 2-3 jets in that match.

Pubbie in a Meteor posted:

[All] Forbert: i got shot by a giant jet shaped bullet

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 4, 2014

• Locked thread