Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Play Arts Predator figures

The variant version is too weird but the Jungle Hunter looks really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Play Arts Predator figures

The variant version is too weird but the Jungle Hunter looks really nice.
I'm the opposite, I've got enough versions of the Jungle Hunter, and the variant is pretty unique.

Speaking of which, the Aliens Colonial Marines figures from Play Arts Kai are both pretty kickass.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
So I am obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy. Are the figures that come with pieces of Groot worth getting? Are there other figures in particular that are worth purchasing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rear end Catchcum posted:

So I am obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy. Are the figures that come with pieces of Groot worth getting? Are there other figures in particular that are worth purchasing?

Nova is the best in then line. Word is there will be a Gotg boxed set next year that will have better versions of each character.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rhyno posted:

Nova is the best in then line. Word is there will be a Gotg boxed set next year that will have better versions of each character.

A comic version of each.

I bought one of each figure for Groot and then sold on the Nova and Iron Man.

Drax, Groot and Starlord are great figures. Drax is probably the best of the line. Gamora is a little weak but has a suprisingly good sculpt. Rocket is p much just for if you want the whole team.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Saw the film last night, and yeah, now I want the team too. Hopefully the film's success will have shelves flooded with them when I get to the US in a few weeks.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Apparently this is the same response with the Hot Toys releases. The Star Lord Ex pre-order is already waitlisted and I would expect Rocket and Groot to follow soon.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
I generally hate the Funko Pop things, but the Groot one is super adorable. I'm going to get it for my girlfriend and hope she doesn't want it so I can keep it on my desk.

Also, where is the best place to buy decent but not super expensive figures online from? I've just been using Amazon so far, but it'd be cool to see a wider variety of stuff. I got a great Cap and Dr. Doom from there. I'd really like to have a whole set of Avengers that look good for my desk at work. And is it just me or does every Spiderman figure look awful?

GeauxSteve fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 3, 2014

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

GeauxSteve posted:

Also, where is the best place to buy decent but not super expensive figures online from? I've just been using Amazon so far, but it'd be cool to see a wider variety of stuff. I got a great Cap and Dr. Doom from there. I'd really like to have a whole set of Avengers that look good for my desk at work. And is it just me or does every Spiderman figure look awful?

Nerd Rage Toys primarily deals in vintage figures, but they have been getting first run ML figures of late. They mark things up a little, but nowhere near ebay prices or anything like that. Big Bad Toy Store has a better selection, but a much heftier markup. If you're not picky about them being NIB, I have gotten some pretty good deals on opened, loose figures on ebay. Especially if it's a figure from a wave with a BAF piece.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I current;y have a Cosmic Marvel display with the new GotG line, the old Drax and Rocket, Nova and a couple Captain Marvel's. I've pushed the new Drax and Rocket to the back because the previous ones just look better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GeauxSteve posted:

I generally hate the Funko Pop things, but the Groot one is super adorable. I'm going to get it for my girlfriend and hope she doesn't want it so I can keep it on my desk.

Yeah, super deformed just makes Groot look cute.

The Groot one is a bobblehead too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm going to need a credits version Groot please. With appropriate action feature.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I'm going to need a credits version Groot please. With appropriate action feature.

If they don't make a Groot one of those dancing flower things that were popular in the 90s I will be very angry.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Welp my NECA Big Chap Alien took a tumble off the shelf and the left arm snapped off at the elbow. Goddamnit. :negative:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Glue it back on.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The joint is broken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

The joint is broken.

Fashion a sling for him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

The joint is broken.

Still nothing a little glue can't fix.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

The joint is broken.

Duct tape it.

Or pretend it was lost in battle. Have one of the predator figures raise it over its head like a trophy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

The joint is broken.

Can you take some pictures? Off the top of my head I would say that I think with a little sanding and glue it's probably fixable, unless it shattered into a bunch of pieces or something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Have you tried soldering, sanding, graphing with human skin, splinting, blowing on, fusing and then melding with a blowtorch, in that order? If not, then shut up about your broken doll.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-marvel-galactus-engine-6-inch-legends-figure-collection?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1

Go get em!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Just ordered mine.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I don't love Rom the Spaceknight enough to spend $30 on this, but him getting a Mighty Mugg is really neat:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-mighty-muggs-rom-the-space-knight-figure?BR=820&ID=33688

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wow the Galactus set sold quick, got one though. I know I promised Star-Lord to somebody on here but I'd really prefer to sell all (minus Gladiator) all at once if possible. PM/email me if interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Wow the Galactus set sold quick, got one though. I know I promised Star-Lord to somebody on here but I'd really prefer to sell all (minus Gladiator) all at once if possible. PM/email me if interested.

I only need that Starlord!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got Jabba, thats all I needed this morning.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Just picked up Jabba and the Marvel Universe set with the Infinity Gauntlet hulk hand, thanks for to everyone for updating the thread as those were the two big wants on my SDCC list.

If anyone finds an extra Rocket Raccoon marvel legends, he is the final figure I need to complete Groot. I will gladly trade or buy him from whomever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Seriously dude, I'll offer you a few extra bucks for your trouble if you sell me just Starlord.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My Jubilee wave shipped.

Then I went and blew about $300 between Hasbro and Mattel for SDCC stuff.

Still cheaper than a plane ticket though!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I want that Infinity Gauntlet so bad, but I don't care about the figures and can't justify dropping $80 on stuff that would just sit around forever :sigh:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

Have you tried soldering, sanding, graphing with human skin, splinting, blowing on, fusing and then melding with a blowtorch, in that order? If not, then shut up about your broken doll.

I hope I didn't come across that way, it's just that I've repaired a few joints and I was hoping to walk him through a solution if he's unsure how to fix it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I hope I didn't come across that way, it's just that I've repaired a few joints and I was hoping to walk him through a solution if he's unsure how to fix it.

Oh no no, I was just flicking poo poo as everybody was throwing out suggestions.

Also Rhyno, I don't think I can send out anything.. I don't think my order went through. :/

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Sanschel posted:

I want that Infinity Gauntlet so bad, but I don't care about the figures and can't justify dropping $80 on stuff that would just sit around forever :sigh:

I bet you could get $30-$40 for Death alone on ebay. I'm not sure how much Gamora or Starfox would go for, but you would probably be able to recoop a decent amount of the money back.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

I find it hard to believe they won't eventually have Infinity Gauntlets in stores everywhere. Just wait.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

My Jubilee wave shipped.

Then I went and blew about $300 between Hasbro and Mattel for SDCC stuff.

Still cheaper than a plane ticket though!

I got a email this morning canceling my entire order. I hate TRU with a passion. We all knew it was gonna happen though.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Djarum posted:

I got a email this morning canceling my entire order. I hate TRU with a passion. We all knew it was gonna happen though.

They've shipped 2 of mine, so. Yeah.

Also, in mattycollector news, I got a hordak for Why Cookie, and then another extra if anyone needs it. 36 + shipping + whatever paypal fees. I also snagged an extra doomsday, 42 + shipping + whatever paypal fees.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Djarum posted:

I must have gotten in early enough. If you call them they can put together another order ... not sure if it's worth the hassle though. I've done it with other cancelled orders and was planning to do it with this one until they shipped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

I must have gotten in early enough. If you call them they can put together another order ... not sure if it's worth the hassle though. I've done it with other cancelled orders and was planning to do it with this one until they shipped it.

I just got off the phone with them. Evidently TRU in their infinite wisdom decided to not order enough of their figures for the preorders or stores. It doesn't sound like they are going to get any more in either. So I guess if you really, really want them better get on EBay before word gets around that these are going to be stupid sparse.