Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Almost killed my dog with coolant and feel pretty bad about it :/

He is ok, had to induce vomiting. With ice cream at least :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

5.2 Additional gallons of Gas AND 5.2 Additional gallons of Diesel? Are they destroying the truck from the factory now, or am I missing something?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

meatpimp posted:

5.2 Additional gallons of Gas AND 5.2 Additional gallons of Diesel? Are they destroying the truck from the factory now, or am I missing something?

~*flex fuel*~

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

No no no. 5.2 and 5.5.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

keykey posted:

Hello AI. Long time listener, first time caller. First off, how are all of you? Secondly, what do I use for automotive dysfunction?

I'll get it out of the way: a Miata. While I personally don't care for them, the overall majority of AI will recommend one. Or just buy some fun little project that is within your technical limit and speaks to you.

But for the other type of dysfunction, you'll have to see your doctor for a prescription.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devyl posted:

I'll get it out of the way: a Miata. While I personally don't care for them, the overall majority of AI will recommend one. Or just buy some fun little project that is within your technical limit and speaks to you.

But for the other type of dysfunction, you'll have to see your doctor for a prescription.

Miata Is Always The Answer.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Devyl posted:

Or just buy some fun little project that is just outside your technical limit and speaks to you.

fixed. You don't want to overwhelm yourself but if you put yourself into a situation where you have to learn a few things along the way you stand to gain a lot more out of the hobby.
(budgeting is the most important thing though, I've had a project nearly ruin me financially)

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

meatpimp posted:

It a default for the trucks, but. Believe in this case it is for the DEF.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

keykey posted:

Hello AI. Long time listener, first time caller. First off, how are all of you? Secondly, what do I use for automotive dysfunction?

A Ferrari or something Italian. Before it catches fire its always being temperamental!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

BrokenKnucklez posted:

A Ferrari or something Italian. Before it catches fire its always being temperamental!

Those are flames of passion

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Devyl posted:

I'll get it out of the way: a Miata.

I don't know if it's just the threads I've been hanging out in but I think the new answer is a pre 9/98 BMW 540i with a 6 speed.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Are you sure? I thought he was supposed to buy a Volvo 240 wagon.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Guys I think I have an eating problem. I stuffed my face so bad last night I just woke up with crazy cramps and severe heartburn. So much so that I just called outta work. I feel like I'm gonna yak any second. Drugs and booze are not issues for me but food is my crutch.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Guys I think I have an eating problem. I stuffed my face so bad last night I just woke up with crazy cramps and severe heartburn. So much so that I just called outta work. I feel like I'm gonna yak any second. Drugs and booze are not issues for me but food is my crutch.

Just call yourself a gainer, set up a web page and take donations. If it works for girls, there must be enough of a fraction of a percentage of women that want to see a man gainer.

Look, I just solved all your money problems. I take paypal donations, too.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

mafoose posted:

I don't know if it's just the threads I've been hanging out in but I think the new answer is a pre 9/98 BMW 540i with a 6 speed.

You are a man of wisdom and refined tastes

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

And a transformer just popped and everyone on my street lost power.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
The most interesting chair...

...in the whuurld.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

atomicthumbs posted:

Are you sure? I thought he was supposed to buy a Volvo 240 wagon.

You must be thinking of a BMW E30, easy mistake.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

leica posted:

We're all jerks here. You can use what I use, which is a dead blow hammer to whack yourself in the balls.

Tried it, still didn't cure my automotive dysfunction.

Tommychu posted:

Buy a Camry, leave this place and never look back.
Or start driving something cheap, unreliable and horrifically impractical but cool and we'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

(wow, I completely forgot how to photoshop sorry for the quality)

I took the red key in 95 and it lead to a 92 Eclipse GSX. From there my addiction spiraled out of control until I.. *sob* Until I.. Saab.. I tried to clean up my act with a Mini, but by that time the damage was already done and I find myself frequently turning off traction control in the rain. Am I beyond help? My previous doctor prescribed me 5.7 liters of Murican muscle after the 2.0, but that didn't satiate my appetite and took me further down. from there my dosage was backed off to 3.0 and now to 1.6, but I fear I'm already in too far. Is there any hope? Please tell me it gets better.

edit:

:gbsmith:

keykey fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 4, 2014

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The most interesting chair...

...in the whuurld.

Checks out, it's probably him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Just call yourself a gainer, set up a web page and take donations. If it works for girls, there must be enough of a fraction of a percentage of women that want to see a man gainer.

Pretty sure you're 100% wrong on that one, bucko.

trouser chili posted:

Holy poo poo Clarkson is pregnant!

How the gently caress do guys get guts like that?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
So Bipolar manic phase, time and boredom equals bad... My 106 needed a new bonnet, or it wrapping or painting. I kinda just sprayed it matt black, with white stripes with metallic silver between the 2. I had one can of white, one black and yeah one silver. Its looks so poo poo its awesome. Pics inbound when its dry enough to get rid of the masking tape.

Its loving horrendous and the mrs will probably not drive in it anymore :)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

How the gently caress do guys get guts like that?

Beer, high fat foods and no exercise.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

BrokenKnucklez posted:

These are a few of my favorite things.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 208 days!)

trouser chili posted:

I was hoping nobody beat me to this joke. drat you, sir! :argh:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Age and genetics play into it, my father looked almost exactly like that (skinny but with a massive gut) until he got back into shape when he got the diabeetus - but despite my having a similar body fat content it's a lot more evenly distributed.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

trouser chili posted:

These are a few of my favorite things.

I know. There is nothing more I love in this world than getting in the car to drive less than a mile, getting a few beers and getting the gut bomb chili cheese fries :911:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I know. There is nothing more I love in this world than getting in the car to drive less than a mile, getting a few beers and getting the gut bomb chili cheese fries :911:

Then you get a few years down the road and recognize that you want to be alive for your kids... and you start changing your ways. It's amazing how some of the high-fat stuff starts to look repulsive when you get it out of your system/routine. And then you want to get rid of the gut and find out that it can be a loving bitch to get rid of. And then you put in the work.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

It's amazing how some of the high-fat stuff starts to look repulsive when you get it out of your system/routine.

Still waiting for that to happen. Eight weeks now since I changed my diet. Down maybe a bit over 10 pounds though, so that's nice.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Believe it or not, I don't get to eat out like I used to (thanks future wife! - and no its not being sarcastic)

Mostly its chicken. I have been using the rotisserie attachment on the grill here and there for whole chickens. Plus when I get a chance, we buy as much fresh chicken as possible, grill it up, and then freeze strips, breast and so on so theres always something good to eat. Plus this time of year there is tons of roadside stands with fresh veggies, so we have been purchasing a ton of fresh stuff.

The part that really sucks though is how expensive it is to eat cleanly and fresh. Processed food is so cheap compared to fresh. Again :911:

I refuse to cut out beer though. I have cut back on my pop consumption.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yay, being forced to go to the ER by my boss because my ankle's still not getting better. One visit later, I'm not allowed to work or do anything remotely strenuous for a week and I have prescriptions for anti-inflammatory meds, antibiotics, and hydrocodones. This is going to be a long week :sigh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I understand when someone is overweight overall, but being skinny and then having a huge gut is just mind boggling to me. Some guys I see like this literally look pregnant, I'd do everything in my power not to look pregnant, I don't see how dudes can be content with that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I figure it sneaks up on you, most likely. Spread that kind of beer belly creation over 20 years and day to day, it basically looks the same as it always has.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, but it still has to get to a point where you say "oh poo poo I look pregnant" and then do something about it.

IDK, I guess some people just don't give a poo poo.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

That's exactly right. I don't feel any different than when I got divorced, but I'm way heavier and in pictures I look downright skinny compared to now. And part of why I got divorced was because I was overweight and didn't take health seriously.

I'm living large and loving it but at some point the piper is gonna have to be paid.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Yg3aeh138

In case we still want to rally race V12 cars.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've only driven in Virgina once and had no idea. Never doing it again if I can help it:

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

That's exactly right. I don't feel any different than when I got divorced, but I'm way heavier and in pictures I look downright skinny compared to now. And part of why I got divorced was because I was overweight and didn't take health seriously.

I'm living large and loving it but at some point the piper is gonna have to be paid.

I guess I should feel fortunate since I'm an Ectomorph body type and have to shovel calorie dense food into my mouth just to compensate for the lifting I do. But I'm not a big eater so in a way I feel that if I was a heavier body type it would be easier to just cut back the food intake. Making myself eat when I'm not really hungry is kind of a PITA :v:

[/firstworldproblems]

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

blk posted:

I've only driven in Virgina once and had no idea. Never doing it again if I can help it:

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

I haven't lived there for 15 years but yeah they are pretty hardcore.

In the health department, I wish I had a workout buddy here. I think I would be a lot more motivated. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

blk posted:

I remember when I used to like this state. I can't even remember why now, it's one of the strictest states in the whole country for driving in and the populace is mostly ignorant hicks or self entitled assholes. Our drug laws are also some of the strictest in the country, and despite meth gaining more and more traction here every year, they continue to focus almost solely on weed, because literally everybody smokes it here and they don't even have to try hard to find it.

• Locked thread