Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

JLI Annual #2

Bats is not pleased with being called to a bbq for no reason, and is just SO DONE with this bullshit.

He can't even

I mostly love the suburban mom looking batmobile :haw:

It also addresses something I've always had a problem with; if Batman's main mode of getting around is a car, why doesn't he have more problems with traffic? I know he usually works at night when the roads aren't crowded, but still.

Does he stop for red lights and obey the laws of the road? He drives a black car at night with no lights or sirens, so trying to act like a police car would be super dangerous. If he does stop, wouldn't the people in the cars alongside post pics of his flashy batmobile on twitter, giving away his location to criminals?

What the hell happens when Joker tries to blow something up during rush hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I love that all the people keeping the Avengers, FF and the military busy have the same posture.

Also, I imagine Namor's "We don't have them down there" in the same tone as that guy from Clerks going "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Namor's half-New Yorker blood has always caused him a dilemma between his heritage. Can't be easy to go to cold raw fish and seaweed (I have no idea what else you're supposed to be able to eat in Atlantis, not like they can cook) when your heart calls for pizza and bagels.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 4, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

DarkCrawler posted:

(I have no idea what else you're supposed to be able to eat in Atlantis, not like they can cook)

They can probably cook just fine using volcanic vents or what have you.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

Namor's half-New Yorker blood has always caused him a dilemma between his heritage. Can't be easy to go to cold raw fish and seaweed (I have no idea what else you're supposed to be able to eat in Atlantis, not like they can cook) when your heart calls for pizza and bagels.

I always like that panel from the first half of this "A dog, a barrel...ridiculous!"

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Some more Larry Hama goodness from GI Joe #33. This week, Spirit gets beaten up by two children and a woman with bricks in her purse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WASP-y people beating up a disabled Native American soldier. That has got to be some sort of commentary there.

Didn't that comic lead to one of the Joes in a car driven by a bear? I don't know what that represents. The economy, maybe.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

The MSJ posted:

WASP-y people beating up a disabled Native American soldier. That has got to be some sort of commentary there.

Didn't that comic lead to one of the Joes in a car driven by a bear? I don't know what that represents. The economy, maybe.

I like how Blondie just ducks out completely and lets Mom & the kids do the fighting for him.

Also little Suzie Kneecaps is just sauntering away in the bottom panel like she jus' don' care - rest of the family are bolting, she's on the catwalk.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KayTee posted:

I like how Blondie just ducks out completely and lets Mom & the kids do the fighting for him.

Also little Suzie Kneecaps is just sauntering away in the bottom panel like she jus' don' care - rest of the family are bolting, she's on the catwalk.

They're all cobra agents. There's a scene later in the series (just before 50, I think) where a little girl pulls a dirty harry style handgun out of her purse and threatens a GIJoe with it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The MSJ posted:

Wait, wait, wait, wait...

WHO IS DRIVING?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gavok posted:

Wait, wait, wait, wait...

WHO IS DRIVING?

Bear is driving.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Bear is driving.

How can that be?!?!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

And scene!

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Post your source!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwQwtDpdE4

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

On an Earth where magic reigns supreme, Zatanna is mute and communicates via owl.

Infinite Crisis: Fight For The Multiverse #12

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

The MSJ posted:

Dunno about that, but that bear turned out to be Candy Appel, who by some amazing coincidence had a father who was in the Crimson Guard. She ended up connecting with one of the Joes, and then got blown up by Scrap-Iron. Here's a pic of her without her costume.

Seldom Posts posted:

They're all cobra agents. There's a scene later in the series (just before 50, I think) where a little girl pulls a dirty harry style handgun out of her purse and threatens a GIJoe with it.

49, actually. I had posted it earlier, but here it is again.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

What an interesting set of items to compare for size. An extra navel, fine. But a "frozen pot pie" is a very specific and strange item. You get the impression that the writer just drew a blank and started thinking about his sad bachelor dinner that night?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's kind of dark when you think about those poor brainwashed kids.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

WickedHate posted:

Cobra takes care of its own.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I'm more worried about that little girl getting hit in the face by her gun after she shoots Rusty with it. It doesn't look like she has her arms braced if the gun is that close to her head.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Cobra takes care of its own.

Doesn't working for Cobra have a sweet benefits package or something?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Servoret posted:

I'm more worried about that little girl getting hit in the face by her gun after she shoots Rusty with it. It doesn't look like she has her arms braced if the gun is that close to her head.

They are most likely aware of that and happy to sacrifice themselves in the name of Cobra.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

I see the corner of a big smile on that kid's face. Nobody ever let me have crazy weapons when I was a kid.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Section Z posted:

Doesn't working for Cobra have a sweet benefits package or something?

Well they are covered for full husband/dad replacement.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

This issue (well this series) is completely terrible and I'm laughing at every other page for all the wrong reasons, I give you Mango:

All New Ultimates Issue 4

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

This issue (well this series) is completely terrible and I'm laughing at every other page for all the wrong reasons, I give you Mango:

All New Ultimates Issue 4

Mango doesn't socialize.

Why is that person executing a mango next to that kid? Do they really think that the mango will affect the shot in any meaningful capacity?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I think the idea is to use it as an improvised silencer somehow, which would probably work a hell of a lot better if you don't use an object with a hard center and also if you don't hold it in a fashion which puts your fingertips anywhere near the muzzle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He must have about potatoes being used as impromptu silencers and thought "Hey, fruits and vegetables are all the same, right?"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It's funny because the whiny guy sits on a couch, and where I live couches have pillows that serve perfectly well as silencers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Was that guy's face colored in MSPaint?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 7, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you cut off the last panel it looks like he's just really devastated that his cellphone battery died.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From Superior Foes of Spider-Man 14

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

With the way he is leaping at your face from the card, now I'm just imagining Batman losing it and going on a holiday kidnapping spree due to :thejoke:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

I got that for my dad this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

kizudarake posted:

Way to remind your dad of the time he was emasculated when he couldn't man up and stop a mugger from taking your mom's pearl necklace :mad:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

kizudarake posted:

Damian?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

muscles like this? posted:

From Superior Foes of Spider-Man 14

Having recently been subject to unwarranted debt collection calls (I think Comcast was being vindictive), this comic speaks to me.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Was that guy's face colored in MSPaint?

Oh that's one of the GOOD art-quality pages from that issue (not the bad-art thread, but these are pretty funny).

Behold:

Because for some reason this is a "Beach" issue.

I think one of those are supposed to be Kitty Pride? Or possibly Bombshell (they all have the same face).

This one is pretty great.

I guess you could compliment it by saying it's "colorful"

But the worst is the "prequel" known only as Survive! (This horrible art)

Spider-Woman doing a :spergin: face

And finally, the prize:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
That Quinones art looks great, what the hell are you talking about?

• Locked thread