Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bumpy Johnson posted:

I'm Scoresman, dammit. And I'm about getting drunk, I'm about having fun, I'm about having a good time, I'm about meetin' girls, I'm about meetin' guys, and whoever doesn't like it can go gently caress themselves, because that's what I'm all about - I'm Scoresman and that's what Scoresman is all about.

That chick must be so hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

kylej posted:

That chick must be so hosed up.

Let me tell you about strippers and daddy issues.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Let me tell you about strippers and daddy issues.

Grandfather issues. Ronnie is nearing 70 by now, isn't he?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Imagine him licking her rear end. And her shoving stuff up his rear end.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

a cop posted:

Imagine him licking her rear end. And her shoving stuff up his rear end.

YER GONNA TAKE A NICE DRINK.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ChaosMonkey posted:

What about Darth Nihilus?

I'm darth nihilus

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Didn't Ronnie brag that he's older than his girlfriend's father?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I love Ronnie. He's creepy as poo poo, but he doesn't false advertise. You know what you are getting when you hang with Ronnie. I respect that.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
Her tits come out at night!

Her tits come out at night (Robin's TITS come out!)!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I was listening to an episode of the Harmontown podcast this morning and thought "boy, they do this show for two hours every week -- it's got to be hard to keep coming up with funny stuff". Then I realized that Howard and company used to do twice that every weekday, and it was the best thing around. It's crazy how many hours of really funny stuff they generated. :allears:

(I do, however, reserve the right to complain like a complete prick about the show. :colbert:)

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Just because its July doesn't mean it isn't time to

RELEASE ROBINS BRA
RELEASE ROBINS BRA
RELEASE ROBINS BRA SO I CAN SEE THOSE BROWN TA-TAS

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

prefect posted:

I was listening to an episode of the Harmontown podcast this morning and thought "boy, they do this show for two hours every week -- it's got to be hard to keep coming up with funny stuff". Then I realized that Howard and company used to do twice that every weekday, and it was the best thing around. It's crazy how many hours of really funny stuff they generated. :allears:

(I do, however, reserve the right to complain like a complete prick about the show. :colbert:)

Howard has writers also

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Old radio Howard was at least 30 mins of ads an hour and the news was an hour. So at best 1.5 hours of content, .5 of which was Howard being neurotic and complaining about his wife life.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

Old radio Howard was at least 30 mins of ads an hour and the news was an hour. So at best 1.5 hours of content, .5 of which was Howard being neurotic and complaining about his wife life.

The news was often the best part of the show. :shrug:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Checked Mark's Friggin, loving Joan Rivers today.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

The ads were MUCH worse during drive time. The first and last hours of the show were relatively ad free.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah 5:45 am to like 6:20 was a good part of the show. I used to catch it all the time because of early sports.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

AGT being in full swing (live) means I'm not listening to the show every day for a while - I'll check Marks Friggin, at best. Back to hundreds of hours of clips packs from YouTube!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

Just because its July doesn't mean it isn't time to

RELEASE ROBINS BRA
RELEASE ROBINS BRA
RELEASE ROBINS BRA SO I CAN SEE THOSE BROWN TA-TAS

I seriously get this poo poo stuck in my head at least every two months.

and also

♪♫ Can I feel your muff tonight?
I want that chocolatey bearded claaaam ♫♪

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Wow, a good guest? Maggie Gyllenhaal, she is an awesome actress. Not sure that I've ever heard her talk about Secretary, either.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

ChaosMonkey posted:

I seriously get this poo poo stuck in my head at least every two months.

and also

♪♫ Can I feel your muff tonight?
I want that chocolatey bearded claaaam ♫♪

FOR THOSE GUYS WHO SUCK COCK. KC SALUTES YOU!

ORGASM!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Take off that diaper and jab we with that shrinky-dink!

ETA: I think it's hilarious that in the Imus song parody they played yesterday one of the lines is "I dribble when I pee", given Howard talking recently about wearing pee pads in his underpants.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 29, 2014

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhD3htOQ4n4

Woooooow that Proclaimers parody is amaaaaaazing.

geera
May 20, 2003
I guess today's show is a replay? Hollywood Howie must've stayed out late after last night's AGT.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

geera posted:

I guess today's show is a replay? Hollywood Howie must've stayed out late after last night's AGT.

What time was the show over? I assume it was a planned day off if it was done at 10PM or later.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best part of todays replay was Fred telling Howard he looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

PSA: Handshaking culture is ruining American society.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Dr. Remulak posted:

PSA: Handshaking culture is ruining American society.

I just noticed your username.... that is awesome.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So WCCC went off the air today since they were bought by a Christian broadcaster. During the final hours, just like when WYSP went off the air, Stern called in to talk about when he was there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbq1XCCcsM

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Vertical Lime posted:

So WCCC went off the air today since they were bought by a Christian broadcaster. During the final hours, just like when WYSP went off the air, Stern called in to talk about when he was there:

That was incredibly cool of Howard. It's crazy how he can still sound so genuine about his absolute love of radio after all these years and all that money. Hartford was probably what, 25 years ago and he can still recite all this stuff from memory.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 2, 2014

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.

haljordan posted:

That was incredibly cool of Howard. It's crazy how he can still sound so genuine about his absolute love of radio after all these years and all that money. Hartford was probably what, 25 years ago and he can still recite all this stuff from memory.

More like 35 years ago. I agree that was really cool of him to call in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
He genuinely does love radio. Or he wouldn't still be doing it. The money is a bonus.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

Great find. I love hearing stuff like this. It's the true Howard that we all love. Not a bit for a show, a time filler, or his fake Letterman persona. No, this is a guy who heard some news and called in to a radio station because he loves radio. It's great to hear things like this. :love:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yep, a reminder of the days when he was inspired.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Gilbert did an AMA on Reddit today, answered a few Stern show questions.

Link

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

Link

I think I need to check out his podcast.

Well I love all the old Universal horror films, with Karloff and Lugosi, and I love all the sequels - Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, House of Frankenstein - you have to watch them and not pay too close attention, because you can tell that the filmmakers gave up truing to make any kind of sense of out of them, they are in different countries and time periods, they had planes, I think it's in Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, they don't have electricity or lighbulbs, but one of the characters says "Tomorrow my flight is leaving." So I guess they built a special plane with a rubber-band propeller and candles on it to light. And also, we talked about that on my podcast, because Boris Karloff's daughter was on.

:allears:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Link

This is great, I can just hear his laugh:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cflpj/pretend_im_saying_something_much_more_intelligent/cjeytkf

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

They are replaying some great Sirius era stuff on H100 today.

Clip collectors, if you don't already have them, go find these two gems:
-the day Artie talks about his first date with Daner (Richard's new GF, Howard gets noodged at a resturant, great stuff)
-The first day all the 143 poo poo came out about Sal's marraige

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is sal still married?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Howard and Gilbert call Seinfeld's answering machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzymloefZXk&t=2919s