Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I Gilljoy oath the following. 1x Krom dragongaze 28mm by gw. 10 Dawnguard invictors and Isyrria 28mm from privateer press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do hereby oath the Seadrake and its dragon from GW's Dreadfleet and Horni from Urban Mammoth (28mm) for the month of August.

Hopefully, I'll have time for more stuff later.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 2, 2014

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath an Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleer unit attachment. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press's Warmachine line.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following

2 Dropzone commander heavy dropships (1 UCM, 1 Scourge)
2 UCM Gladius heavy tanks
3 UCM Sabre MBTS
3 Hunter MGTs

All by Hawk Wargames, 10mm

The Napoleonic French - 6mm by Baccus

9 Commanders
36 Cuirassiers
36 Dragoons
18 Hussars
18 Chasseurs.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Okay folks, the entries should all be :siren: documented in the Spreadsheet for July! :siren: Check it over and make sure I haven't forgotten you for anything.

One undirected piece of feedback, as I don't recall who posted about it originally: I'm only giving credit for themed groups if all members of the group were painted within the same month. Hopefully that makes more sense!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Between nearly burning out last month and anticipating a possibly busy month ahead, I'm going to be deliberately unambitious with my oath obligations. That being said,

I, JerryLee, oath one Golem by Reaper (28mm)

Although the mini is named "Stone Golem," mine will end up being some sort of metal golem instead. A NMM golem, to be precise. :v:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Iris of Ether posted:

Okay folks, the entries should all be :siren: documented in the Spreadsheet for July! :siren: Check it over and make sure I haven't forgotten you for anything.

One undirected piece of feedback, as I don't recall who posted about it originally: I'm only giving credit for themed groups if all members of the group were painted within the same month. Hopefully that makes more sense!

You forgot to credit me for terrain, since I did paint a ruined house last month. Although I wasn't aware there was anything special going on regarding terrain, that's why I didn't mention it earlier.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Iris of Ether posted:

Unless you can only qualify once, I'm pretty sure my Germans should count as a themed group.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Orc Swordsman! From Reaper Bones, 28mm.

I might do an addition later, and possibly save my June whales if there's time.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Oathing for August: 2 Survey Drones, 2 Grogan, 1 Rebel Commander, 9 Humans, 6 Yndij, 1 Terraton, 2 Soraks, and 1 nifty tower

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 4, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

For August I oath: Gudrun the Wanderer, 10 Forge Guard, General Ossrum, and 3 artillery corps models.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for August: Saint Luke, Bounty Hunter Orchid, Bounty Hunter Nathaniel, and Saint Mark (28mm, Dark Age Miniatures)

gilljoy posted:

I Gilljoy oath the following. 1x Krom dragongaze 28mm by gw. 10 Dawnguard invictors and Isyrria 28mm from privateer press.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do hereby oath the Seadrake and its dragon from GW's Dreadfleet and Horni from Urban Mammoth (28mm) for the month of August.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath an Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleer unit attachment. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press's Warmachine line.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following

2 Dropzone commander heavy dropships (1 UCM, 1 Scourge)
2 UCM Gladius heavy tanks
3 UCM Sabre MBTS
3 Hunter MGTs

All by Hawk Wargames, 10mm

The Napoleonic French - 6mm by Baccus

9 Commanders
36 Cuirassiers
36 Dragoons
18 Hussars
18 Chasseurs.

JerryLee posted:

Between nearly burning out last month and anticipating a possibly busy month ahead, I'm going to be deliberately unambitious with my oath obligations. That being said,

I, JerryLee, oath one Golem by Reaper (28mm)

Although the mini is named "Stone Golem," mine will end up being some sort of metal golem instead. A NMM golem, to be precise. :v:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Orc Swordsman! From Reaper Bones, 28mm.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Oathing for August: 2 Survey Drones, 2 Grogan, 1 Rebel Commander, 9 Humans, 6 Yndij, 1 Terraton, 2 Soraks, and 1 nifty tower
Oaths ACCEPTED!

NTRabbit posted:

I got this tutorial from the NMM month last year, and it was helpful

Thanks guys! I'll add these to the Journal post. I realize this isn't really a great theme for historicals or some game styles, but I encourage you to try and branch out your styles - for instance, for WW2 models the infantry guns or even tanks could use NMM treatment (some WW2 modellers do the 'rushed German unpainted tank' style sometimes) and steampunk type games might benefit from NMM - brass fittings or stoves, etc...

...of course, you earn a Journal point for doing this month's OR ANY MONTH'S Journal! So you don't have to do NMM if you don't want or if it doesn't fit with your theme/game/style.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

krushgroove posted:

Oaths ACCEPTED!

Thanks guys! I'll add these to the Journal post. I realize this isn't really a great theme for historicals or some game styles, but I encourage you to try and branch out your styles - for instance, for WW2 models the infantry guns or even tanks could use NMM treatment (some WW2 modellers do the 'rushed German unpainted tank' style sometimes) and steampunk type games might benefit from NMM - brass fittings or stoves, etc...

...of course, you earn a Journal point for doing this month's OR ANY MONTH'S Journal! So you don't have to do NMM if you don't want or if it doesn't fit with your theme/game/style.

Actually, the 'unpainted' German tanks were still in their red-oxide primer, they just didn't have the field-applied camouflage paint. But I get what you're getting at.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I, signalnoise, OATH this Mantic Raptor for the Marauder faction of Warpath!

And I'm going to do it primarily with markers!

I'd also like to salvage last month's oath if possible? What is Save Da Whales that I've been hearing about? Do I just gotta say they're gonna be finished by the end of this month, along wit my new oath?

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 2, 2014

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Remind me, is Alternate Universe still a thing? I'm going to be starting a Stormwall sometime this month and it's likely going to be a multi-month project in between everything else happening, so if AU is a thing I'll post it, otherwise I'll just work on it at my own pace.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Lord Hypnostache posted:

You forgot to credit me for terrain, since I did paint a ruined house last month. Although I wasn't aware there was anything special going on regarding terrain, that's why I didn't mention it earlier.

I have no idea if we're doing anything for terrain this year either. :v: That being said, I gave you credit.

muskets posted:

Unless you can only qualify once, I'm pretty sure my Germans should count as a themed group.

You're correct, I've updated the sheet.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Remind me, is Alternate Universe still a thing? I'm going to be starting a Stormwall sometime this month and it's likely going to be a multi-month project in between everything else happening, so if AU is a thing I'll post it, otherwise I'll just work on it at my own pace.

Alternate Universe is a thing on the assumption that (I think) 10 people pledge into it this year. Right now we have 6 entries in (check the very last tab of my spreadsheet), so you'd be helping make it a Go.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath an inquisitor, stormtalon gunship and stormraven gunship for the month of August, 2014.

Got to make up for the last couple of months, so I'm going to work on getting some vehicles done.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I sistergodiva oath 8 Tau fire warriors (gw 28mm)

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath an inquisitor, stormtalon gunship and stormraven gunship for the month of August, 2014.

Got to make up for the last couple of months, so I'm going to work on getting some vehicles done.

Sorry, forgot to mention that these are games workshop 28mm models.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal have decided to oath the following:

Two Mercenary Yuan-Yuan, two Hassassin Muyibs, and two Halqa, who have been converted.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath 5 Warpborn Skinwalkers and Kaya the Wildeborne, PP, 28mm, Hordes.
I hope to get these done by the middle of the month and then do an oath addition, but we shall see how that goes.

Admiral Crackbar
Jan 4, 2012

I, Admiral Crackbar, oath these 10 Grey Hunters (28mm, GW).

They've been primed white but are otherwise untouched. Their guns are mostly still on the sprues but will be finished and attached as part of the oath.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath these 15 Yeoman Archers. Still from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

signalnoise posted:

I'd also like to salvage last month's oath if possible? What is Save Da Whales that I've been hearing about? Do I just gotta say they're gonna be finished by the end of this month, along wit my new oath?

I defer to this post regarding Saving Da Whales: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&pagenumber=24#post431814651

In general, yeah, you have the right idea of it.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
After a long hiatus, I return to oath TWO GAMES WORKSHOP CHAOS CULTISTS (28mm). Clinical rotations are a busy time but I've been slowly working through my backlog, so eventually these will all be done! :c00lbutt:

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Late for this, but oath failed. A funeral and a move crimped my painting for this month.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo Oath 10 Slave Orcs, 20 Immortals, 8 Decimators and 3 pieces of filler for the month of August, all are 28mm scale by Mantic Games for the Kings of War line.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Oath of Sonia Criid from Malifaux

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, OATH this Mantic Raptor for the Marauder faction of Warpath!

Sistergodiva posted:

I sistergodiva oath 8 Tau fire warriors (gw 28mm)

Signal posted:

I Signal have decided to oath the following:Two Mercenary Yuan-Yuan, two Hassassin Muyibs, and two Halqa, who have been converted.

Admiral Crackbar posted:

I, Admiral Crackbar, oath these 10 Grey Hunters (28mm, GW).

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath these 15 Yeoman Archers. Still from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

After a long hiatus, I return to oath TWO GAMES WORKSHOP CHAOS CULTISTS (28mm). Clinical rotations are a busy time but I've been slowly working through my backlog, so eventually these will all be done! :c00lbutt:

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo Oath 10 Slave Orcs, 20 Immortals, 8 Decimators and 3 pieces of filler for the month of August, all are 28mm scale by Mantic Games for the Kings of War line.

Derlix posted:

Oath of Sonia Criid from Malifaux

All of these Oaths are ACCEPTED!

There's also and explanatory bit in the OP and the wiki for anyone looking to Save Da Whales :)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
August Oath

Gastone Cross (KS version, Privateer Press, 28mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, of increasingly obvious unsound mind and iffy body, oath to paint for August

For 40k by GW in 28mm:
2x Eldar Support Weapon w/ Guardian spotter

For Deadzone by Mantic in 28mm:
3x Marauder Commandos
1x Marauder Pyro
1x Marauder Commando Captain
1x Marauder Mawbeast

For Dystopian Wars by Spartan in 1:1200:
4x Focault 'R-6' class medium tanks
4x L'Arman 'Char 1C' class heavy tanks
4x Grele class flak tanks
1x Bastille 'N-5' class land ship

and the battle line of Avant-garde de la flotte de combat Rochefort (I got a real French Canadian to check that for me) comprised of
La Rochelle class heavy skimming battleship Majestueux
2x Magenta mk.II class battleships Duguesclin and Inflexible
2x Cherbourg class battlecruisers Tonnant and Conquerant

Marauders and tanks

Eldar and ships

Claiming bonus point for Oath thread sponsor advertising :v:

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

So I looked at the list and wondered what the Username listing was.

And then I looked it up and realized I missed an easy point.

Dangabbit :argh:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

KingMob posted:

August Oath

Gastone Cross (KS version, Privateer Press, 28mm

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, of increasingly obvious unsound mind and iffy body, oath to paint for August

For 40k by GW in 28mm:
2x Eldar Support Weapon w/ Guardian spotter

For Deadzone by Mantic in 28mm:
3x Marauder Commandos
1x Marauder Pyro
1x Marauder Commando Captain
1x Marauder Mawbeast

For Dystopian Wars by Spartan in 1:1200:
4x Focault 'R-6' class medium tanks
4x L'Arman 'Char 1C' class heavy tanks
4x Grele class flak tanks
1x Bastille 'N-5' class land ship

and the battle line of Avant-garde de la flotte de combat Rochefort (I got a real French Canadian to check that for me) comprised of
La Rochelle class heavy skimming battleship Majestueux
2x Magenta mk.II class battleships Duguesclin and Inflexible
2x Cherbourg class battlecruisers Tonnant and Conquerant

Oaths ACCEPTED!

quote:

Claiming bonus point for Oath thread sponsor advertising :v:

Don't be so quick...they're not really responding to our attentions to back up their promise from last year, so feel free to divert your allegiance elsewhere (for now)!

Kerzoro posted:

So I looked at the list and wondered what the Username listing was.

And then I looked it up and realized I missed an easy point.

Dangabbit :argh:

Yeah...you also avoid Comic Sans on your model photos!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Don't be so quick...they're not really responding to our attentions to back up their promise from last year, so feel free to divert your allegiance elsewhere (for now)!

That's not good :ohdear: Guess I'll have to surreptitiously show off my Games & Gears Ichiban brushes when they arrive from KS instead :v:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

krushgroove posted:

All of these Oaths are ACCEPTED!

There's also and explanatory bit in the OP and the wiki for anyone looking to Save Da Whales :)

Did I need to do something differently? I hope not, because I'm about 50% done with the stormraven now.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I think my oath got skipped. 5 skinwalkers plus PKaya.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
August Oath: five (5) Wood Elf Glade Guard Waywatchers, GW 28mm

Yes that is a dude on a tree stump, I can take closeups later.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
I, muskets, oath for the month of July these Foundry cowboys, including two on foot, two riders, and two horses.

I'm counting the riders as separate from the horses, as they'll be used separately - rider on horse for when a figure is mounted, but dismounted the horse without rider will be used alongside a foot fig.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath these ten (10) Space Wolf Grey Hunters. 28mm Games-Workshop.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I, Koreban oath these 5 High Elf Shadow Warriors and 1 Alith Anar The Shadow King 28mm by GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

drgnvale posted:

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath 5 Warpborn Skinwalkers and Kaya the Wildeborne, PP, 28mm, Hordes.
Sorry I missed these! These are fine :)

Rulebook Heavily posted:

August Oath: five (5) Wood Elf Glade Guard Waywatchers, GW 28mm

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath these ten (10) Space Wolf Grey Hunters. 28mm Games-Workshop.

koreban posted:

I, Koreban oath these 5 High Elf Shadow Warriors and 1 Alith Anar The Shadow King 28mm by GW.

Oaths ACCEPTED!

Just FYI, if I miss your Oath and don't mention it, it's because I missed it, that's all - just drop me a reminder as you guys did and carry on painting. Once you post your Oath you're fine to start painting!

On the flip side, if there's any sort of issue with your Oath I'll quote it and ask you a favor...such as this:

muskets posted:

I, muskets, oath for the month of July these Foundry cowboys, including two on foot, two riders, and two horses.

I can't actually read the date on your Vita's screen - would you mind retaking the picture please? Any progress you've made on the models is fine, the date just needs to be readable.

• Locked thread