Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
With luck, by the time I want to play EVE again the station stuff will be finished and the cap will be gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It was probably the whole "let's blame the line members for ruining everything" rather than "just admit double peacetime srp is not financially sustainable." Making up that excuse when the numbers haven't really changed all that much from previous months feels like the kind of bullshit you hear before a failcascade. If I didn't know better, I might be worried by a ping like that.

People are never too thrilled to lose an entitlement, even less so when you tell them it is their own fault when it obviously is not.

loving ~~optics~~, yo.

Sorry if I figured a sensible response to getting less free money is to say "Oh that sucks we're getting less free money, but hey still free money"

But what do I know, I never undock. huehuehuehuehue *sarcastic jerk off motion*

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody cared about the 50% drop, we objected to blaming Carusio when really it had nothing to do with him or the other guy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

A lot of the sentiment going on re: reimbursement drawdown is echoing what people on eve-o were saying about the industry changes in Crius.

So please, :frogon:.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

All of you who feel dirty about getting all that rediculous free money can feel free to donate it to your local Groon*. We seem to make do without any fancy reimbursements. TIA

*especially new Groons. Basically, send me your isk.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Bilirubin posted:

All of you who feel dirty about getting all that rediculous free money can feel free to donate it to your local Groon*. We seem to make do without any fancy reimbursements. TIA

*especially new Groons. Basically, send me your isk.

Groons are battle hardened mountain folk. They don't believe in money

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Groons are battle hardened mountain folk. They don't believe in money

they believe in meth

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Rust Martialis posted:

Nobody cared about the 50% drop, we objected to blaming Carusio when really it had nothing to do with him or the other guy.

When I saw the pings, I, too, thought, "Carusio hosed it all up for us." But further inspection and a cited reason for cut backs in reimbursement lead me to believe that this was a gentle rib at the top two bandits (excuse me, reimbursees, wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea), who, in all honesty, were probably a standard deviation or two above everyone else in the Top 10 or 20. I think everyone assuming that Carusio hosed something up for us is just confirmation bias based on the fact that he is, in fact, a terrible pilot that often needs to fund his SomerBLINK habit with reimbursement payouts.

I kid, Carusio, I kid

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm still choosing to blame Carusio.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

vyst posted:

Sorry if I figured a sensible response to getting less free money is to say "Oh that sucks we're getting less free money, but hey still free money"

Other than the one guy complaining about sabres no one cared about the drop in reimbursement. What they cared about was a director blaming two Goons for the changes when it clearly wasn't true (which some people are claiming was sarcastic and maybe it was obvious to said director but to line members they just thought it really was these two guys fault).

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 4, 2014

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

vulvamancer posted:

Other than the one guy complaining about sabres no one cared about the drop in reimbursement. What they cared about was a director blaming two Goons for the changes when it clearly wasn't true (which some people are claiming was sarcastic and maybe it was obvious to said director but to line members they just thought it really was these two guys fault).

This sounds more like a theta problem. The broadcast was not met with anger in SV. Hell if I hadn't gone on a 2 week holiday I would have easily bumped Carusio to the nr 3 spot and I would not have been upset about being called out like that. In summary::350:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I think for a moment we forgot about force projection, PLEX prices, and ishtar supremacy. Let's get back on topic, ladies.

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

While we're on the subject, can we also talk about uncatchable interceptors? I really would like to get back to the issues that matter ITT. :suicide:

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Making deaths ~profitable~ is a bad idea. Pilots shouldn't be returning home from fleets thinking "drat, I wish I would have died or suicide so that I could make xx million in profit". The message should be to get better, not to find ways to get extra reimbursement.

That said, there SHOULD be a bonus on destruction, fleet participation or some other metric that encourages people to get in fleets and to not suck, and to reward people for killing poo poo in the name of the Swarm.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Sixx Spades posted:

While we're on the subject, can we also talk about uncatchable interceptors? I really would like to get back to the issues that matter ITT. :suicide:

This one seems to pass under the radar a lot. Travel fit interceptors are the only time I have ever felt safe in Eve. No more warping to celestials or d-scanning the gates. Just warp to zero as you make your way around the entire world.

I think the community as a whole are biased because everyone likes to have one to move around in.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
What? No discussion of the camping of systems with cloaky ships? :suicide:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Zephyrine posted:

This one seems to pass under the radar a lot. Travel fit interceptors are the only time I have ever felt safe in Eve. No more warping to celestials or d-scanning the gates. Just warp to zero as you make your way around the entire world.

I think the community as a whole are biased because everyone likes to have one to move around in.

Sometimes I wish they had left the bubble immunity on dictors as well.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Omniblivion posted:

Making deaths ~profitable~ is a bad idea. Pilots shouldn't be returning home from fleets thinking "drat, I wish I would have died or suicide so that I could make xx million in profit". The message should be to get better, not to find ways to get extra reimbursement.

That said, there SHOULD be a bonus on destruction, fleet participation or some other metric that encourages people to get in fleets and to not suck, and to reward people for killing poo poo in the name of the Swarm.

This is why I think the cap is a good idea. Reimbursement, from a leadership point of view, is about incentivizing more people to actually get involved in the PvP side of the game - which is scary to a lot of those who have yet to try it. Reimbursement is one of the tools to make it less intimidating - even if you lose, you win.

After a certain point, however, youre no longer reimbursing :shobon: newbies who dont have the cash for their own spaceships or the skills to fly them well - youre reimbursing people who would probably be out flying these ships anyway. Which is fine, as long as the finances of the swarm can support it comfortably (and will always be a good way of helping with stratop attendance where losses are inevitable), but it is no longer serving as important a purpose as an incentive. When budget cuts are required, this is an easy luxury to lose.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Omniblivion posted:

Just don't reward killmails by quantity. That's the most cancerous crap that ever can get into a fleet or a squad as autistic shitbrains start crying if a slasher pops before they can lock it. :commissar:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pugnax posted:

Sometimes I wish they had left the bubble immunity on dictors as well.

I can accept that as long as dictors become aggression flagged if anyone gets caught in their bubble.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I can accept that as long as dictors become aggression flagged if anyone gets caught in their bubble.

Even better, IMO.

Endie continues to make extremely reasonable suggestions on his blog. I think that stacking reps is probably more of a serverside headache than it might seem, but who knows. I hope the CSM is pushing his ideas or at least making sure that CCP is reading Endie's blog.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Omniblivion posted:

This line of reasoning is starting to sound a little too ElitePVP for me. All double SRP caused me to do was take solo harpies and interceptors out to brawl with anything destroyer sized or smaller I saw sitting off station or on a gate; 50% SRP doesn't really affect my ability to keep doing that.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Samahiel posted:

This line of reasoning is starting to sound a little too ElitePVP for me. All double SRP caused me to do was take solo harpies and interceptors out to brawl with anything destroyer sized or smaller I saw sitting off station or on a gate; 50% SRP doesn't really affect my ability to keep doing that.

I'm not suggesting that we start analyzing everyone's KDR and only paying out "elitePVP". I'm suggesting that we do normal SRP for all ships, and move the bonus to a participation reward rather than a dying to stupid poo poo reward.

Paying people for dying does not help people get better, especially when they can make a profit by literally suiciding themselves into a hostile fleet.

edit: where did I even get the '~' from? Thanks, TheMittani.

Omniblivion fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 4, 2014

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Can someone let me know if we're failscading so I can go join waffles or something tia

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Omniblivion posted:

I'm not suggesting that we start analyzing everyone's KDR and only paying out ~elitePVP~. I'm suggesting that we do normal SRP for all ships, and move the bonus to a participation reward rather than a dying to stupid poo poo reward.

Paying people for dying does not help people get better, especially when they can make a profit by literally suiciding themselves into a hostile fleet.

I think that asides from "suicide profiteers" the great thing about the bonus was it encouraged people to be bold when you needed them. Hero dictor here and there saving the day just turned into to here are my 40 sabre LMs.

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014
Granted I'm new to SA, and not even officially a swarm member yet, but speaking as a bittervet, I can say that I'd have taken a lot more PVP risks early on had there been an SRP that ensured I was made whole, and maybe allotted a little extra so my fits didn't suck so badly (perhaps with a more clueful corp member required to educate me on why things like dual-tanking were bad, or mismatched guns look good only on EFT before getting that "shitfit bonus"). There's a place for bonuses paid to stupid losses, as long as those bonuses aren't milked for primary income.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Can someone let me know if we're failscading so I can go join waffles or something tia

Kick all the pubbie corps, drop all sov, reset the CFC and lets go back to Syndicate. Groon was right.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

xilni posted:

I think that asides from "suicide profiteers" the great thing about the bonus was it encouraged people to be bold when you needed them. Hero dictor here and there saving the day just turned into to here are my 40 sabre LMs.

While I don't doubt that at all, I wonder how many of the dead sabres were dumb about their heroics, anywhere from getting blapped while burning in to not having a ceptor warpout. I think the generous subsidization is totally rad and exactly what a super rich, super large group should be doing with their space riches.

No More Heroes posted:

Kick all the pubbie corps, drop all sov, reset the CFC and lets go back to Syndicate. Groon was right.

This sounds like me/others on the TEST forums a few years back.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

No More Heroes posted:

Ok I'm down

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Omniblivion posted:

I'm not suggesting that we start analyzing everyone's KDR and only paying out "elitePVP". I'm suggesting that we do normal SRP for all ships, and move the bonus to a participation reward rather than a dying to stupid poo poo reward.

edit: where did I even get the '~' from? Thanks, TheMittani.

Nah.

Nobody actually suicides their ships into unwinnable odds, but it does encourage taking risks that you wouldn't normally be doing if you were paying out of pocket. Plus, losing a ship is still a pain in the rear end.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Nah.

Nobody actually suicides their ships into unwinnable odds, but it does encourage taking risks that you wouldn't normally be doing if you were paying out of pocket. Plus, losing a ship is still a pain in the rear end.

When BL dropped them dreads in F20 I lost two megas pretty quickly and reshipped into a third without a second thought because I knew I wouldnt lose my rear end on it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

causticBeet posted:

Feel free to go join them now.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I think the 1 Bil cap is fair seeing how it will impact <20 people.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

AAPsel posted:

This sounds more like a theta problem. The broadcast was not met with anger in SV. Hell if I hadn't gone on a 2 week holiday I would have easily bumped Carusio to the nr 3 spot and I would not have been upset about being called out like that. In summary::350:

Theta are protective of Carusio because he's a great guy but also suffering from depression like anything so this sort of joke could be taken the wrong way.

It's odd because as everyone knows Carusio doesn't generate content for Theta, he does nothing but lose Cynabals all day.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Honestly if markets stabilize and/or trends change you can probably expect us to go back to higher bonus payouts. The program was one of our more successful ones to generate pvp activity so you can imagine that if we're scaling it back for now it's not because we want to.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

vyst posted:

Feel free to go join them now.

I'm just joking but all this bitching about a decrease in SRP and whether or not the ping should have been a hug box or something is making me want to!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Myssu posted:

This is why I think the cap is a good idea. Reimbursement, from a leadership point of view, is about incentivizing more people to actually get involved in the PvP side of the game - which is scary to a lot of those who have yet to try it. Reimbursement is one of the tools to make it less intimidating - even if you lose, you win.

After a certain point, however, youre no longer reimbursing :shobon: newbies who dont have the cash for their own spaceships or the skills to fly them well - youre reimbursing people who would probably be out flying these ships anyway. Which is fine, as long as the finances of the swarm can support it comfortably (and will always be a good way of helping with stratop attendance where losses are inevitable), but it is no longer serving as important a purpose as an incentive. When budget cuts are required, this is an easy luxury to lose.

Honestly the single best thing about SRP and the Goonwaffe bonus is if you're the kind of player that only has X hours to play in a day, SRP Bonuses mean that you don't always have to worry about not having enough time to earn cash for ships and plex. For people who aren't poopsocking massive isboxed rat and mining fleets keeping a healthy financial situation can be a real chore.

With SRP you can just join fleet fights and practice PVP and not worry about being broke and needing to spend hours on PvE.

Zatheria
Apr 30, 2013
One of my favourite moments of Theta mumble last night was deciding that Caruiso's new title is Literally Space Reagan.

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...

Trabisnikof posted:

I think the 1 Bil cap is fair seeing how it will impact <20 people.

Pretty bummed about the cap. Payouts are still pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Nah.

Nobody actually suicides their ships into unwinnable odds,

Once when I was backup FCing for someone in my Phobos, I got bored of trying to fight Ishtars in Cattlecruisers and just charged at the enemy fleet. An unnamed but very highly placed FC signed off on my loss and I collected my cool wad of cash. Corruption is rampant in your space government.

• Locked thread