Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

The worst part about the Mary Worth thing is that the strip's just going to take it as given that the child is somehow magical, that the cyst is benign, the doctor will never be mentioned again, and the last panel of the storyline will involve the child happily learning to swim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Allen Wren posted:

The worst part about the Mary Worth thing is that the strip's just going to take it as given that the child is somehow magical, that the cyst is benign, the doctor will never be mentioned again, and the last panel of the storyline will involve the child happily learning to swim.

Really my favorite part of this storyline is that the little girl's premonitions are what nearly killed her. She was warned not to go near the pool and turned down swimming lessons because of it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 16, 1927)

Peanuts (August 7, 1967)

The Immaculately Pure Artist And His Mountain of Frozen Heartbreak

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way will be along later. There is no need to panic.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In which one of Boyce's characters becomes more self-aware than Boyce himself. Only briefly, of course, because Compu-Toons and awareness get on like Cats and Dogs Comix.

I assume the '?' in the last frame is pronounced like a brief confused dog whine. I also assume this for the ones in Popeye.

Ballard Street

She's just not getting the hint, is she? Dude's obviously building himself a reverse ark.
Also, new character for the Ballard wiki, Pale Yellow Cat.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Rip Haywire more like Adjective Thanwire

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Intelligent Life

Careful, Skip. If you go too much further into Garfield's territory, you might not come back.

No Robbie and Bobby again, the last one is still the one from last Thursday. Maybe they just decided to stop posting the archive.

Big Nate

In which Nate reveals how deeply his Green Lantern fandom dominates his life.

Francis

Francis and his wacky adventures! Are you laughing yet, kids?

Okay, so I know what you're all thinking. "I sure do love Intelligent Life, but there's just something... missing. If this comic had one little extra ingredient it would be perfect, but it's not quite there. But what could that ingredient be?" Well, everyone's favorite cartoonist, David Reddick, posted this on his blog as a sneak peek of an upcoming Intelligent Life comic:

Yes, that's right, everyone... :siren:SKIP IS A BRONY!!!:siren:

And you thought it couldn't get better.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Garfield territory would be a hundred steps up from where Intelligent Life is.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's hard out there for an office worker brony. :911:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

You say 'pirate', Val says 'free ships'.

Classic Prince Valiant

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

The Immaculately Pure Artist And His Mountain of Frozen Heartbreak

I can't wait for the studio to grow sick of Les' provincial whining, take his own project away from him, and give it to two kids fresh out of USC.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

No. This whole thing has been people telling other people things. Stop talking and DO something! (I'm glad I skiped four days and I refuse to look and see what happened. I see no evidence to suggest it wasn't just... this.)

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

No. This whole thing has been people telling other people things. Stop talking and DO something! (I'm glad I skiped four days and I refuse to look and see what happened. I see no evidence to suggest it wasn't just... this.)

How about we skip to the part where the Carol goes into underground cage fighting?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears

The Dinette Set

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This joke is so dumb but I love it :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shugojin posted:

This joke is so dumb but I love it :allears:

I honestly don't think any other strip could have pulled it off so well.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Wherein Larry briefly realises just how dumb Spider-Man looks in his own strip and hastily scribbles some extra lines to cover it a bit.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

Careful, Skip. If you go too much further into Garfield's territory, you might not come back.

The artist literally works for Garfield. He's waayyy into the territory.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

I do like how the motion lines make it look like whats-her-name is running the gently caress away.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Inspector Danger please help us find an arbitrary clue so we can arrest this man for insurance fraud

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He looks Italian. THROW THE BOOK AT HIM

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

sweetguts posted:

Inspector Danger please help us find an arbitrary clue so we can arrest this man for insurance fraud

Hopefully with some kind of vaguely offensive remark about snow peas and guava juice.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Brother

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Wanamingo posted:

Years after their execution for treason it was discovered the pair merely subscribed to a different provider whose satellite was on a different orbit from their neighbors'.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I figured it would be the house with no dish and they used fibre optic internet or something. :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wanamingo posted:

I did guess it but it's still kind of bullshit because there's no frame of reference. He could have been looking left and then right and panel 4 was on the other side of the street making the dish fine.

This is my first time not skimming over Inspector Danger. Is this a typical strip?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Trent posted:

I did guess it but it's still kind of bullshit because there's no frame of reference. He could have been looking left and then right and panel 4 was on the other side of the street making the dish fine.

This is my first time not skimming over Inspector Danger. Is this a typical strip?
No, normally it's even flimsier and/or more of a leap and/or "the Italian-looking guy did it."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trent posted:

I'm going to repost this from the last page.

Wanamingo posted:

I went to look up what the real answer is the station is actually just 88.0, so it's Harold Hopkins, but I think I found something better instead.

http://www.gocomics.com/inspector-dangers-crime-quiz/2012/04/05#.U98K9mNgH9V

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
All we can hope for is that this strip is not the source of motivation for the next generation of detectives

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"Time to feel like a woman again" said the well-coiffed lady wearing lipstick and earrings.

"This guy is either a homo or a criminal," explained Inspector Danger.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Trent posted:

"Time to feel like a woman again" said the well-coiffed lady wearing lipstick and earrings.

Well she's not shopping yet. Hence, the Bloomingdales.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Julet Esqu posted:

Pros & Cons

Yo gently caress this strip.

Hamsheers is cool.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

This was not how I envisioned Alice Otterloop's return to the comics page.

Pickles knows which way the wind is turning.

Bleeker reminds you your iPad has no feelings for you.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

The joke is gender stereotypes

On the Fastrack

That's not really a web thing. Magazines have been doing it for years and years.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

I find whenever I give homeless people food they give me a puzzled look.

Slylock Fox

I like Zachary, age 14's dino-rhino scythe-claws hellbeast and the fine masked creature in the six differences. Those are great.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 5, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

"Even though he's done nothing illegal and is only scamming people who think clams can somehow sing, Slylock puts on the pressure as only a person who's sent Slick to jail multiple times can."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

If you've been skipping Radio Patrol, I gotta say that's poor decision-making on your part. It's a pretty fun time if you like crime dramas.

Rip Kirby

Oh, dear. A dame is about to attempt to be useful without adult supervision. That never ends well.

Big Ben Bolt

:smith:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

I find whenever I give homeless people food they give me a puzzled look.

"What's your angle? Is this poisoned? Drugged? Gonna drug me and steal my organs?"

Did you steal they're organs?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

MariusLecter posted:

"What's your angle? Is this poisoned? Drugged? Gonna drug me and steal my organs?"

Did you steal they're organs?

Of course; they make the hymns sound better :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Wanamingo posted:

I went to look up what the real answer is the station is actually just 88.0, so it's Harold Hopkins, but I think I found something better instead.

http://www.gocomics.com/inspector-dangers-crime-quiz/2012/04/05#.U98K9mNgH9V

what if the ex is a crossdresser?

.. and BITCH????

• Locked thread