Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

Kevyn posted:

It's a pretty weak end to a show that always felt like it was going to go out in a blaze of glory.

Well I would have to disagree there. It was an extremely convenient way for management to dump the racist baggage that's been part of the show forever, and also keep doing a comedy show. Op, Jim, and everyone else connected to that ecosystem are fortunate he didn't shoot her and tank their entire gig. If they want to continue come October, they probably can, they might even benefit from not being tied to this lunatic anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Obama becoming President literally broke Anthony.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Y'see NASA was full of white nerds in the 50s and 60s because the cream rises to the top and cream is white. :smug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Peter North posted:

Well I would have to disagree there. It was an extremely convenient way for management to dump the racist baggage that's been part of the show forever, and also keep doing a comedy show. Op, Jim, and everyone else connected to that ecosystem are fortunate he didn't shoot her and tank their entire gig. If they want to continue come October, they probably can, they might even benefit from not being tied to this lunatic anymore.
It's a pale whimper compared to the Sex for Sam out though. I think he was thinking they would do something like that only ten times worse, which is of course impossible because SiriusXM wouldn't even let them near the equipment to create another debacle.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Jimmy just called in as Chip.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
big fuckin peckahs

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Tomorrow's show has Dice!

(Real Dice, not Ant doing Dice)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

quote:

[Edwards] thoughts on social issues are clear on his blog, where he's written of the black community: "For blacks in the Americas, slavery is the greatest thing that ever happened to them. Unfortunately, it's the worst thing that ever happened to white Americans" and "MLK's dream is our nightmare." Edwards also warns against interracial relationships, writing that "Interracial sex is white genocide."

What a cool guy to hang out with.

Ant has already slipped off the deep end

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
This caller is creeping me out I hope he isn't a real prosecutor.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

4outof5 posted:

This caller is creeping me out I hope he isn't a real prosecutor.
It's alright, he followed it up with tits. :bigtran:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The more blatantly racist Ant gets the more I hate Jim for being a weasely apologist for him.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

JFC posted:

The more blatantly racist Ant gets the more I hate Jim for being a weasely apologist for him.
Jimmy has been especially wormy like that lately. On the Kevin Pollack podcast, Kevin instantly started asking why Roland isn't called Slobbo for being massively obese and annoying, and why he never gets any poo poo. Jim says "Well, Roland is a foodie, and eats good food, E-Rock eats pedestrian food and has a fat neck and is a slob" He wasn't even being ironic. Kevin tried a bunch more times to get Jim to trash Roland and he absolutely would not do it. I'm guessing for selfish reasons, such as Roland not getting him celebrity photo ops. At least I can kind of respect the fact that Jim is an apologist for Ant strictly because he makes Jim laugh.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 4, 2014

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Current NASA Administrator Charles F. Bolden

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Jesus loving Christ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How are any of you shocked that Anthony, without restriction, immediately goes out of his way to become the most racist shitheel? You all knew what he was.

JFC posted:

Jimmy is a massive racist as well remember. He's dedicated large amounts of material to how Arabs aren't people.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I always thought that to have a white power master race superiority complex you should probably be white yourself.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Gonzo McFee posted:

How are any of you shocked that Anthony, without restriction, immediately goes out of his way to become the most racist shitheel? You all knew what he was.

Jimmy is a massive racist as well remember. He's dedicated large amounts of material to how Arabs aren't people.

Not to split hairs but I'm pretty sure he's talking about muslims and the religious extemeists in general rather than actual arab people.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

onemillionzombies posted:

I always thought that to have a white power master race superiority complex you should probably be white yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g

Always thought he was suspiciously tanned for a racist.

Tr33 posted:

Not to split hairs but I'm pretty sure he's talking about muslims and the religious extemeists in general rather than actual arab people.

You think Jimmy makes the distinction?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g

Always thought he was suspiciously tanned for a racist.

You think Jimmy makes the distinction?

For what it's worth yes I actually do think Jimmy makes the distinction as he's been more places and met more people from different backgrounds than Anthony ever has. I think he makes the mistake of thinking everyone in the middle east is an extremist regardless of what religion they are.

I'm not saying he's the example of tolerance but he is the kind of person if you could actually get someone to sit down and explain poo poo to him correctly he'd change his mind about things.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Jimmy absolutely used to do the Carolla-style generalization of people from the middle east as "all terrorists/savages" around 2003-2005, but he has really softened in recent years. He still bashes radical islam, but I've definitely heard him speak more open-minded about it in recent years (such as when that mosque was being built near ground zero or whatever). I'm sure his manager visiting places like Yemen and Afghanistan and relaying what it's like has probably also given Jimmy a more realistic view of what everyday people are like there.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 4, 2014

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I will say the years post 9/11 are actually pretty brutal to listen to, but I think Jimmy has actually somewhat matured as a person over the years.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
You all are looking at this the wrong way. I will listen to The Anthony Cumia Show the same reason I would listen to radio evangelists or Alex Jones or late night infomericals. When you detach yourself emotionally from the content, it becomes quite fascinating.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

That kind of white supremacist poo poo is exactly whats going to keep him from getting good guests on the show. Even comic friends are going to have a hard time attaching themselves to that kind of racism.

Guze fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 5, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I guess he's gonna get Dice on the show. I looked in with a friend's subscription, he was taking callers. They like him in Sweden!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
When people like Anthony keep repeating "open and honest", is it like one of those ritualistic vibrated buzzwords that just shuts out all logic in the speaker? I've never seen Anthony use that phrase in a sense other than to complain that the world isn't white enough.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Morter posted:

When people like Anthony keep repeating "open and honest", is it like one of those ritualistic vibrated buzzwords that just shuts out all logic in the speaker? I've never seen Anthony use that phrase in a sense other than to complain that the world isn't white enough.

It's direct code for "racist".

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Stokes posted:

You all are looking at this the wrong way. I will listen to The Anthony Cumia Show the same reason I would listen to radio evangelists or Alex Jones or late night infomericals. When you detach yourself emotionally from the content, it becomes quite fascinating.

Hopefully Ant can go Super Saiyan one day like Alex Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkzptvDpDY

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Checked the show out via means other than subscribing. It just sounds like a typical Live from the Compound so far, which I've never enjoyed.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jimmy's different in his racism from Ant. Jimmy's racism comes from legitimately being a bonehead, Ant knows (or at least knew at some point) exactly what the gently caress he is. Jimmy will at least entertain the notion that he's wrong.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Guze posted:

Current NASA Administrator Charles F. Bolden

See also: The current two-term President of the United States, but apparently blacks can't assimilate or adhere to the culture.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Cory Lidle posted:

See also: The current two-term President of the United States, but apparently blacks can't assimilate or adhere to the culture.

all prime examples of affirmative action :downs:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Here's the audio feed of Lyle calling into the Anthony Cumia Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE46fgWj5LU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just based off of that short clip wow he really needs a second mic to help fill in space. All the reviews I read about she show basically said it's just like all the old Live from the Compounds.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
So by all accounts the first month when all eyes are on the show would be when ant calls in all his favors and books the big guests and so far he has dice and a couple of white supremacists.

Can't wait for 6 months from now when ant is plugging next weeks show when he's going to have Fred from Brooklyn, live in studio!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Tomahawk posted:

Can't wait for 6 months from now when ant is plugging next weeks show when he's going to fix Fred from Brooklyn's air conditioning, live in Fred's house!

ftfy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Some funny parallels drawn here: http://nationalreport.net/sarah-palin-channel-trouble-n-hitler-remarks/

quote:

Less than five hours after the launch of The Sarah Palin Channel, the fledgling online subscription-based network has landed itself in a major controversy, after a person being interviewed by Palin herself repeatedly referred to President Barack Obama using the highly offensive “N” word.

it's not real

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

He has Dice as a guest today. Dice has always been awful on O&A.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Strange, I always enjoyed his appearances. But then I also enjoyed the times they used to intentionally punish the listeners. I guess I like weird poo poo.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Strange, I always enjoyed his appearances. But then I also enjoyed the times they used to intentionally punish the listeners. I guess I like weird poo poo.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

spudsbuckley posted:

Dice was great when he was getting tormented by Jay Mohr, Bill Burr etc.

• Locked thread