Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

18C: A Sad Tale or How to waste internets with Shalcar and ewe2

Bohemian 18c

Is this just real life? Is this just 18c? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open the site look down at the polls and seee
I'm just a poor George, I need no 18c cos I'm easy come easy go little Hunt, little Joe
Any way the Tone blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mommaaa, just killed a bill, put a gun against its head, told the Senate that it's dead
Mommaa, Rupert had no fun and now he's going to throw us all away
Mommaaa oooh didn't mean to make a crime, if I can't be a bigot this time tomorrow carry onnn carry onnn
as if 18c mattered

Too late, the time has come, a conference with the press OMG its all a mess
Goodbye everybody, I gotta go. Gotta leave my books behind and face the truthhh
Mommaa, oooo, didn't mean to vilify, sometimes I wish I never been spawned at all

*guitar solo*

I see a little short potato of a man SCARE HIM OFF SCARE HIM OFF MAKE HIM PASS LEGISLATION
ANDREW BOLT THROWS LIGHTNING VERY VERY IPA
tony abbott tony abbott tony abbott figaro magnifiquooooo
weathervane weathervane will you let George go
NO BRANDIS NO WE WILL NOT LET YOU HAVE 18C
WE WILL NOT, WE WILL NOT LET YOU HAVE 18C
WE WILL NOT, WE WILL NOT LET YOU HAVE THE 18Cccccc
no no no no no no no!
oh Tony Abbott, Tony abbott, Eric Abetz let it go
Bealzebub have the Greens fought for 18c, 18c, 18cccccccc

* guitar heroooo *

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DOUBLE-CROSS THE IPA?
SO YOU DUMPED ALL MY CHANGES ILL TELL THEM TODAY!
OOH BABY! IPA GET YOU BABY!
JUST GOTTA GET A BOAT, I NEED A BOAT OUTTA HERE!

* special guitar heroooo *

Nothing really matters, weathervanes are free
Nothing really matters, nothing really came of 18ccccc

Any way the Tone blows *crash*

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ewe2 posted:

easy come easy go little high little low

Sounds like LNP polls as of late.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Thanks again to notorious good person Chicken Parmagiana!
(I'm pretty sure CP said linking from his site was okay but I'll mirror it if not)

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Apparently Joe just suggested the brilliantly suicidal idea of including a pensioner's own home in the means test for a pension on channel 7.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ragingsheep posted:

Apparently Joe just suggested the brilliantly suicidal idea of including a pensioner's own home in the means test for a pension on channel 7.
The thing that has surprised me most about this government has been how much they're willing to openly gently caress over pensioners.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

I thought it Senator LionHelm

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I cant handle being exposed to radiation!

*walks around in the sunshine in loose, open clothing*

EDIT: hahaha they built the tower anyway.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 5, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I've been exposed to "traditional" radiation, can I get a disability pension.

How do I get in on this "rorting the system" business.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I was looking for some good old fashioned WW1 movies and found this gem: 'The Lighthorse' (1987)

It features:
Gaza being blown up with artillery
Australians invading Gaza
Australians knifing many Palestinians/Turks
Australians winning something in WW1 that is not Gallipoli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbWXpngG_cU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Goffer posted:

Australians winning something in WW1 that is not Gallipoli
Not that we won Gallipoli either.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/abbotts-odd-reason-for-dumping-racial-discrimination-act-reforms/story-fni0ffsx-1227014633328

Click at own risk: Andrew Bolt warning.

quote:

Abbott’s odd reason for dumping Racial Discrimination Act reforms

But surely the ethnic communities which produced those jihadists and the 21 Muslims we’ve jailed on terrorism offences already need exactly the kind of critical scrutiny too easily shut down with cries of “racism”.

His proposals were badly sold by Attorney General George Brandis, and far more groups than Muslims fought them. Jewish leaders, foolishly, were the most vocal.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I am literally vomitting.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?
Let's play "Real quote or fake quote!?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
All real all the time.

Bomb-Bunny
Mar 4, 2007
A true population explosion.

Andrew Bolt on: that time I was foiled by the Jews.

Tomorrow: Labor, inherently nazis?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
here's a question, what the gently caress does the herald sun put on their front cover tomorrow? I predict they will blame labor some how.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

here's a question, what the gently caress does the herald sun put on their front cover tomorrow? I predict they will blame labor some how.

They will be smudged from the river of tears coming from Bolts office so it may be hard to tell.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bomb-Bunny posted:

Andrew Bolt on: that time I was foiled by the Jews.

Tomorrow: Labor, inherently nazis?

Thats remarkably inarticulate by Bolt standards. He's losing it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Why mention it at all?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

They will be smudged from the river of tears coming from Bolts office so it may be hard to tell.

I think he works from home, in the working class suburb of Malvern.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Gough Suppressant posted:

has there ever been any kind of proof that radio waves etc have this sort of effect or is this person just mentally ill?

Yes it has and it has also been proven that huge cash settlements are not only the cure but also provide inoculation and prevent recurrence.

Same for Wind Turbine Syndrome.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 5, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

blame it on muslims.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
The subtext here is that Tony Abbott didn't give a poo poo what the Muslims of Australia thought about 18c until he needed their support for his imaginary terrorist smoke and mirrors act

Bomb-Bunny
Mar 4, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Thats remarkably inarticulate by Bolt standards. He's losing it.

He was never really that articulate, he just had a thesaurus rammed up his arse at some point and made the best of a bad situation.

Seriously though the section quoted was either "the Jews were duped by evil leftists" or "I regret that the Jews are now the enemies of freedom". Hyperbole in both cases only partly mine. He's made the exact same arguments with "Muslims" in place of "Jews" countless times. I genuinely think he's cracked on this one, he was the great hero of free speech for the ignorami, and they didn't rise in his defense. He's reeling.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's definitely a cry for help, not even a clever dog-whistle at that. I've read his horrid book and his prose was much better.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
The thing is Bolt would have been nailed harder and faster in a defamation action anyway. The guys research was to Google a person and think, "yep, they look more white then Aboriginal to me". The people involved went the harder route of using 18c as they wanted to demonstrate it was motivated by race.

The repeal would have him been able to say 'look, that law a court said I was in breach of doesn't exist any more so not racist". He couldn't post the exact same thing with 18c gone and no repercussions anyway.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Andrew Bolt is and forever will be a racist as determined by a court of law.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Those racists sure like to pose as the cartoon villains they're fighting against.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preserving-Islamic-Rights-on-the-Gold-Coast-PIRGC/1451181221817598?fref=nf

Bomb-Bunny
Mar 4, 2007

Pred1ct posted:

Those racists sure like to pose as the cartoon villains they're fighting against.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preserving-Islamic-Rights-on-the-Gold-Coast-PIRGC/1451181221817598?fref=nf

Making this would be what the new Metal Gear Solid game would be about if the protaganist was Otacon.

Who has inexplicably become Australian.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Which era of Otacon is this? The one that bangs his mum and gets his dad to kill himself as a result? The one who pisses himself over a cyborg ninja? The one who's a totally rockin' kickin' rad dude who barhops every night and picks up all the ladies?

This is important.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Pred1ct posted:

gently caress queenslanders are dumb as bricks

https://www.facebook.com/SupportingCambellNewmanAndLNP?fref=ts

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Pred1ct posted:

The number of people taking it seriously :negative:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Thank you to our sponsors over at 90.9 Sea FM - Gold Coast for helping spread awareness and raise funds for the Islamic community, make sure to tune in every weekday morning and listen to Galey, Matt & Charli.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/prime-minister-tony-abbott-unveils-antijihadist-laws/story-fni0fiyv-1227014705177

quote:

Prime Minister Tony Abbott unveils anti-Jihadist laws

NEW laws making it easier to arrest suspected terrorists, detain them without charge and revoke their passports are to go before Parliament in the biggest overhaul of Australia’s anti-terror laws in a decade.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Nibbles! posted:

The number of people taking it seriously :negative:

It's all of their hyperbole becoming reality. Like some Twilight Zone level punishment for being a reactionary moron.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Pred1ct posted:

Is this a honey pot for dumb racist bogans?

The post about changing the flag to include the crescent moon has some of the worst replies.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Mad Katter posted:

Is this a honey pot for dumb racist bogans?

The post about changing the flag to include the crescent moon has some of the worst replies.

I had to insult and unfriend a high school mate for getting angry about that poo poo. It's loving terrifying that the people taken in by that poo poo can also vote.

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"

Captain Pissweak posted:

Andrew Bolt is and forever will be a racist as determined by a court of law.

I recall on Q&A this year when he was called out on being he a racist and the studio laughed when Brandis insisted he isn't. Then Bolt had a cry and wrote an article about how he was "lynched" by the ABC and branded as a racist that he didn't turn up for work the next day and acting like a victim.

gently caress that guy.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I know racists aren't that smart as a general rule, but how in the name of gently caress can anyone not look at that and immediately realise it's a loving lovely joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gough Suppressant posted:

I know racists aren't that smart as a general rule, but how in the name of gently caress can anyone not look at that and immediately realise it's a loving lovely joke?

They're idiots. You'd be amazed just how dense people can be when it comes to recognising satire.

• Locked thread