Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

AngryBooch posted:

Nope, new guys. Sledgehammer has been added to the CoD rotation and it's their first CoD game where they're lead studio. Treyarch (Blops guys) will come up next year, followed by the ghost of Infinity Ward (although they did recently headhunt a couple Naughty Dog guys).

Ah ok forgot about that. A bit silly but regardless of the quality of any COD it's just printing money so what do they care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm a little :psyduck: at a remake of a remake but if that's what the fans want, then go for it. Maybe Capcom knows it can't do a good Resident Evil anymore so they just go the path of least resistance. All these remakes and remasters seem the rage and I'm not sure it's a good thing. It just makes developers think they can resell the same thing multiple times and neglecting development on new and original stuff. It's one of the side-effects of having no backwards compatibility at all for the first time in a generation.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
REMake is a great game so this is good news for all of us poors who couldn't afford both a PS2 and a Gamecube 12 years ago.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

CottonWolf posted:

Would it even work without the tank controls? A lot of the tension came from the fact that you couldn't see properly and you moved like molasses. RE4 was a great game, but it really traded any attempt at horror for the gameplay.

If I'm reading things correctly, it'll still be tankish, but you have the option to make the direction you move in relative to your character on the screen rather than where the character is looking.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ghostwritingduck posted:

If I'm reading things correctly, it'll still be tankish, but you have the option to make the direction you move in relative to your character on the screen rather than where the character is looking.

This isn't new actually, REmake already had this option when it first came out. Silent Hill 1 and up had it, I mean all these games had this way back in the day but with such a no frills port they gotta talk up every little thing they possibly can. All those games work fine with it as everyone will prefer one controls scheme over the other.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I LOVED the RE remake, but Capcom's approach to it sounds lazy as gently caress. In general Capcom seems like the laziest publisher.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

The more I think about it, the more I'm not as bothered by Playstation Now prices. Let me say I'd like the option of owning the drat games, but for someone like me that no longer has a PS3, 7.99 for a rental of Darksiders isn't too bad. I don't care about owning that game and 30 days is plenty of time.

Now, some of the games are still too expensive and I'd like the option of buying titles I'd want to play again, but maybe I see what they're getting at. A subscription-based mode would be the best option for consumers, but I have a feel publishers aren't going to allow it.

I don't really want to encourage bad practices, so I'll wait this out a bit and see what Sony does.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NESguerilla posted:

I LOVED the RE remake, but Capcom's approach to it sounds lazy as gently caress. In general Capcom seems like the laziest publisher.

Gotta win back that fanbase somehow...only to piss them off again for the next proper RE game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I quite liked the RE remake on Gamecube. I never owned a Gamecube myself but I played that one a good bit at friends' houses back in the day. So it'll be cool to play that in higher definition! It better be cheap though :argh: (Although who am I kidding, I'll probably just Gamefly it anyway.)

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

TheHoosier posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm not as bothered by Playstation Now prices. Let me say I'd like the option of owning the drat games, but for someone like me that no longer has a PS3, 7.99 for a rental of Darksiders isn't too bad. I don't care about owning that game and 30 days is plenty of time.

Now, some of the games are still too expensive and I'd like the option of buying titles I'd want to play again, but maybe I see what they're getting at. A subscription-based mode would be the best option for consumers, but I have a feel publishers aren't going to allow it.

I don't really want to encourage bad practices, so I'll wait this out a bit and see what Sony does.

I imagine they want to avoid selling the games outright so they don't have to keep the service running longer than 90 days if they decide to shut it down.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Anyone else with a valid PSN account still get blasted with ads to subscribbe to PS+? I rememeber when I first tried to subscribe to PS+ from my PS4 when I first got it, could never complete - can't recall completely, but some generic error.

So I subscribed through the web, logged into PSN+ on my PS4 with my account, activated my PS4 - but when I navigate the store, I see ad after ad for PSN+. I would think when I navigate to the Playstation + section of the store, I would see me membership details or free game offers.

Thing is, I can download the free games and get the discounts. It recognizes that I'm a PS+ member when I eventually find a game/discount that requires it, just that finding the games is a bit of a bitch, and I probably shouldn't be seeing these huge ads to compell me to sign up when I'm a member. I've logged-out and re-logged in, turned off the PS4 completely, no change.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Gotta win back that fanbase somehow...only to piss them off again for the next proper RE game.

Good luck. They completely lost me with RE6. Getting me to buy 7 will be a real uphill battle.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think the store is just laid out that way on PS4 for some reason, I don't think it changes based on your membership status.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

univbee posted:

I think the store is just laid out that way on PS4 for some reason, I don't think it changes based on your membership status.

Yup. Imo they really should consider changing that though. The way it's set up is really dumb and confusing. Just acknowledge that I have already subbed to PS+.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is daemon souls a rental option on PSN?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The original RE gameplay has not aged well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
gently caress all this RE talk.

:siren: Road Not Taken is up, and despite what it initially says, it will ring up as free. Go Go Go! :siren:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I do honestly wish the REmake got rid of the typewriter ribbons. Like I don't mind having to go to the safe spots to save, just that the number of times you can save is finite on principle, even if it's not really an issue when playing on lower difficulties.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Streaming some Road Not Taken here:

https://www.twitch.tv/FeenixSA

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
Got a chance to play Rogue Legacy last night. Anyone who is on the fence about it should pick it up immediately. Great game that leaves you feeling excited when you die instead of upset. I could probably play it for the rest of my life if I wouldn't lose my job, apartment, and everyone who loves me.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

univbee posted:

Well ok then. But yikes...that's pretty awful design. Not only gaudy but confusing.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Evolve has been delayed to February 2015.

source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140805006449/en#.U-E7zPmSyCm

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Well ok then. But yikes...that's pretty awful design. Not only gaudy but confusing.

Agreed. I had the same issue when I first got my PS4 and already had PS+ and was like "why is half the store trying to get me to subscribe to something I already have subscribed to?" Basically they some contextual content files to handle what displays when you look on the store depending on subscription.

It's not my only complaint about the store. It is frustrating that with all that ad space, it can still be difficult to actually find the list of current PS+ free and discounted store items, especially compared to the way the Vita handles it. I've figured out how to navigate to what I want, but the store shouldn't have a "learning curve", especially for someone who was comfortable with their PS3 and Vita interfaces.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Maybe I just never paid that much attention before, but it seems like every drat game this generation is being delayed. I know The Evil Within got its date brought forward by a week (twice now I think), but didn't it originally get pushed back from August?

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Destiny is the only game that's relevant and it's still coming out 9/9.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I hope to God it doesn't get delayed. It probably won't happen but there's always that small chance. The infrastructure is ready at least. Destiny's my most anticipated game since I was a kid. The last time I bought a console specifically for a game like I did with Destiny was way back when the original Xbox came out, for Halo.

On that subject, the Destiny bundle preorder is selling like hot cakes already, so I was surprised to see Microsoft's response is to do a bundle of their own - but with some obscure game from Insomniac instead. The decisions at Microsoft HQ baffles me sometimes. It's like they don't really acknowledge Destiny at all.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 5, 2014

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Microsoft's relationship with Bungie has deteriorated since Bungie bought their independence back and I'm guessing it's just all about pride at this point.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I honestly thought for the longest time that Destiny was a PS4 exclusive.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Skeezy posted:

Not that it matters in any way, but in Japan it is.

Edit: And that's certainly what Sony wants people to think in every region.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Skeezy posted:

In Japan it is. :japan:

^^ EDIT Awww goddamn it

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I hope to God it doesn't get delayed. It probably won't happen but there's always that small chance.

I doubt there's even a SMALL chance, to be honest. To delay at this point means they find something absolutely SHOW STOPPINGLY bad in their builds that they deem unfixable (even working round the clock) by a Day 1 patch, as the game is likely going gold any day now. Do not fret.

Re: Evolve: Ehh... if this means more polish, or fixing up some poo poo that could be better, I got no beef.

Re: Road Not Taken: loving SO GOOD.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think it'll be a good thing as well. When Treyarch started developing it wasn't the greatest (CoD 3 was pants) but they made their mark for the better after World at War. A new studio with a new perspective might freshen things up. The 50% longer development time won't hurt either.
On the other hand, it's still Call of Duty and there's a pretty solid formula there. Apply a new coat of paint and design new maps, call it a day. Just waiting for the first Call of Duty game to get rid of the singleplayer entirely. It would be neat if they offered a cheaper, multi only version of their new titles - but what does it matter, people still will spend $60 on it anyways.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm a little :psyduck: at a remake of a remake but if that's what the fans want, then go for it. Maybe Capcom knows it can't do a good Resident Evil anymore so they just go the path of least resistance. All these remakes and remasters seem the rage and I'm not sure it's a good thing. It just makes developers think they can resell the same thing multiple times and neglecting development on new and original stuff. It's one of the side-effects of having no backwards compatibility at all for the first time in a generation.

Um, it's not a remake of REmake, it's a REmaster of the REmake. Totally different since they don't have to make totally new art assets :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a REmakester

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm happy Evolve got a delay, I was getting worried about October releases. I am not quite chomping at the nail for a new super competitive MP game anyways, so the extra time should help build that up.

If I had the spare money to spend on REMake, I would be not only be double dipping on that copy but I think I would have owned Resident Evil 1, about 5 times now. I have a problem. Thankfully I have not played my copy of REmake and will probably bust the game and the Wii out, to play it. The upped res and framerate sound nice, as always, but the widescreen stuff seems sloppy and quite half-assed.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

TheHoosier posted:

My issue is that the timer runs when you rent it, i.e. you rent it for four days, you have 96 real life hours in which to play it. You don't get 96 digital hours of game time. It made sense when I had to walk to a physical store to rent the thing, get a physical copy (the only one in the store, usually), and return it so others can play. This is the digital age, with infinite copies. The pricing tiers make little sense to me. Also, as of now, there is nothing on Now worth it. Where are the AAA titles? Where is God of War? Uncharted?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I was thinking about buying a GC to play REmake again. This is great news.

Just last night I was wondering if Evolve was going to be delayed. The word on the alpha was incredibly mixed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Darth Ballz posted:

My issue is that the timer runs when you rent it, i.e. you rent it for four days, you have 96 real life hours in which to play it. You don't get 96 digital hours of game time. It made sense when I had to walk to a physical store to rent the thing, get a physical copy (the only one in the store, usually), and return it so others can play. This is the digital age, with infinite copies. The pricing tiers make little sense to me. Also, as of now, there is nothing on Now worth it. Where are the AAA titles? Where is God of War? Uncharted?

If they gave you 96 hours of play time for 4 dollars you would essentially be buying the game for 4 dollars.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

PantsBandit posted:

If they gave you 96 hours of play time for 4 dollars you would essentially be buying the game for 4 dollars.

The solution is to put more JRPGs on Playstation Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

JordanKai posted:

The solution is to put more JRPGs on Playstation Now.

For 2.99 for 20 minutes of play, 3.99 for 60 minutes, 4.99 for 24 hours of play, and 455.99 for 30 days of play amirite.

• Locked thread