Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Does anyone know how long the Assault Level 30 Invigorate perk lasts?

"Activating an ability invigorates the user and their nearby allies; increasing movement and attack speed by 15%"

It seems like it could be really useful, especially if the attack speed buff stacks with the Overcharge attack speed buff, but not if it only lasts for 3 seconds or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

Also are you playing this now because I might be willing to suicide pact on very fiscally irresponsible red bean purchases....

I'm still playing GW2 primarily but this is an awesome fun casual sidegame in small doses, add me to your buddy list so I can thump you :swoon:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

metasynthetic posted:

Edit: Also are there any visual frame customization besides paint options? Anything that affects the actual model? Or will you always look the same forever?
Only for the Arsenal battleframe. Hopefully they add more options for other frames in the future.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

metasynthetic posted:

New player. Logging out Sunday night I got a notice that "tomorrow" all the advanced frames would unlock for 12 or 24 hours or something like that. I didn't see any option to try them out yesterday. Is this buggy or did I miss it somehow?

Also: how's mammoth vs. rhino? Most of what I can find on the mammoth looks outdated, more recent reports seem to say it's not all that tankier than the other dread variants while having much worse offense than before a recent balance patch.

Edit: Also are there any visual frame customization besides paint options? Anything that affects the actual model? Or will you always look the same forever?

I have unlocked both Mammoth and Rhino, got the Mammoth to 26 and the Rhino to 6 or 7. Don't take that as an endorsement just yet though. I have 13k HP on my Mammoth and it feels like a hell of a lot less, because it just tends to disappear in chunks. Someone I ran across in game said this was because Mammoths are currently bugged and take more damage than they should be.

That said, Shield Wall is a very handy skill, but the short duration and longish cooldown makes it something I frequently use either too early or too late. Teleport Shot is great though - can use it to reach places you otherwise couldnt or to telefrag people Unreal Tournament style. Enemies flinching when it hits them, like they know whats coming, is just icing.

Rhino, I haven't played around with enough to give a full impression, but I get the idea I might have been better off levelling it first. Sundering Wave is kinda like another Repulsor Blast without the knockback, and Charge is loads of fun but I don't know how useful/good it is at later levels. Gravity Field Grenade is pretty underwhelming so far; maybe I am using it wrong but it doesn't actually seem to do anything.

As for the weaponry, the Mammoth MG is pretty great all round. The Rhino MG seems to have a higher rate of fire, and its got more scatter, but overall my impression was of roughly equivalent dps. With accuracy mods the Rhino one is probably better but the secondary shotgun mode on Mammoth is super useful.

Also, as a general Dread ability I love Absorption Bomb but its so hard to use right. A Rhino that managers to Sunder, AB and then Repulsor Blast is probably a Rhino that has can tbump with the best of them.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Has anyone unlocked the chosen perk at the bottom of the menu that gives +10% damage to chosen? Curious how it is gotten.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Gammon posted:

That said, Shield Wall is a very handy skill, but the short duration and longish cooldown makes it something I frequently use either too early or too late. Teleport Shot is great though - can use it to reach places you otherwise couldnt or to telefrag people Unreal Tournament style. Enemies flinching when it hits them, like they know whats coming, is just icing.

Rhino, I haven't played around with enough to give a full impression, but I get the idea I might have been better off levelling it first. Sundering Wave is kinda like another Repulsor Blast without the knockback, and Charge is loads of fun but I don't know how useful/good it is at later levels. Gravity Field Grenade is pretty underwhelming so far; maybe I am using it wrong but it doesn't actually seem to do anything.

As you get into higher levels with the dreads, you get lazier. You generally end up with Turret Mode, Explosive Rounds, and a third ability of your choice. Turret Mode allows you to cheese most mobs by standing on a rock or in a corner, while Explosive Rounds allows you to do massive damage with all four classes, plus it stacks with Turret Mode.

Edit:

xxEightxx posted:

Has anyone unlocked the chosen perk at the bottom of the menu that gives +10% damage to chosen? Curious how it is gotten.

Unlocked by killing lots of Chosen, there's an achievement tied to it. Not that great of a perk though.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Leet soloing BC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnQ5szsQ8M

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Note he got in by having 9 other level 40 Alts, that is separate Account not Frames.

But yeah Raptor, kinda overpowered.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Gammon posted:

I love the new Charge. Also, the Gravity Field Grenade is great because if you stand behind/in it, it acts like the Chosen Drone Shield and causes Chosen to drop aggro. It is very good for preventing yourself from getting hit.

xxEightxx posted:

It is bugged in that it you won't get it if you have already unlocked the achievement it is tied to.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Alrighty. Grouped up earlier, good stuff.

More questions (My god the wiki is so out of date):

1.) What's up with refining? I remember back in the closed beta days there was this thing where you made the stacks of rocks and poo poo as tall as possible before you shoved it into the refine-o-matic because taller stacks meant greater chances at bonus resources. Is that still true today?

2.) I thought we were supposed to get Perk Respec points every time we gained an advancement perk. Did they do away with free respec points in favor of charging people for that luxury? How many respec points do you get for a bean?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

BeAuMaN posted:

Alrighty. Grouped up earlier, good stuff.

More questions (My god the wiki is so out of date):

1.) What's up with refining? I remember back in the closed beta days there was this thing where you made the stacks of rocks and poo poo as tall as possible before you shoved it into the refine-o-matic because taller stacks meant greater chances at bonus resources. Is that still true today?

2.) I thought we were supposed to get Perk Respec points every time we gained an advancement perk. Did they do away with free respec points in favor of charging people for that luxury? How many respec points do you get for a bean?

1) no. You refine one thing at a time. I am not sure if there is a relationship between amount and time to refine, I haven't done obscene quantities like the days of yester.

2) I don't think you earn perk respecs anymore, I think it just 1 redbean for 1 perk respect.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The more of an item you refine, the longer it takes.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

xxEightxx posted:

1) no. You refine one thing at a time. I am not sure if there is a relationship between amount and time to refine, I haven't done obscene quantities like the days of yester.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. I mean, I understand that it takes longer to refine larger amounts. And I understand you can only refine one thing at a time.

My question is: Back in yesteryear(s), if you refined a larger stack of something, you'd get a higher chance of getting higher quality items. Like, for instance, if you refined iron ore... You could get iron plates or the rarer steel plates, and perhaps something better depending on the "refine fairy". So in the old system, comparing if you refined 100,000 iron ore in one stack or refined 100 seperate 1,000 iron ore stacks, you'd get a higher yield chance of rare materials from the single 100,000 iron ore stack than the 100 seperate 1,000 iron ore stack. Granted, I think this was back in the days of "Refine Blueprints" :negative:.

Is that still a thing? or does the "refine fairy" not give a poo poo about the size of your stack? Or is this unknown in the game's current state? This affects whether I should refine often or rarely.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Steel Plates

Plates are still something that pops up when you refine a stack of things. There's also a bio-plastic thing that's equivalent for the bug parts you collect.

I think some recipes call for the plates, I know the bioplastic is used in better grades of module.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

FlyCat

Energy core, Burn Jets and Inferno Dash.

Fly forever.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Applied to Goon2 as NicotineVamp

Still getting use to the game.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Do many people use the Mumble?

I'd like to play with Goons since they tend to make MMOs more fun, but I also want to keep my army (Two Dudes, One Thump) for the RL and random online friends who aren't goons and play.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

So.. Broken Peninsula, will we take it?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Did they just release a large patch? Steam is telling me 3.5gb.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Haerc posted:

Did they just release a large patch? Steam is telling me 3.5gb.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-v1-0-1791.4668921/

Bug fixes not listed

Patch Highlights
•We’ve increased the amount of dynamic spawns to help the world feel more alive.
•We’ve reviewed and updated the Dragonfly’s Healing Ball and Healing Pillar abilities.
•Nighthawks now deal headshot damage to all enemies.
•Player summoned deployables (Turrets, stations, etc.)now have increased health pools.
•Players can now have multiple sentinel pods.
•Added player spawn rooms to Tecumseh Airbase and FOB Sagan.
•Epic resources are now available in Broken Peninsula.
•Numerous ARES Job fixes as well as other bug fixes and polish.
•Hardcore Blackwater Anomaly has been re-enabled.
General
•Boosts from VIP Membership now stack with boosts from all other sources, including the Founders bonuses.
•The P1 LGV has received some performance improvements and will now shift past 1st gear and should generally feel better when driving.
•Updated the game credits for clarity and to reorganize some people into their proper departments.
•Stiffened the suspensions on MGVs. MGVs should feel more appropriately like an offroad vehicle.
•Added horn to MGV. BEEP BEEP.
Battleframes & Combat
•Using melee attacks will now remove a player from stealth.
•Players will now receive a brief delay before being able to self-revive using credits. This will help prevent players from accidentally using credits to revive when using melee attacks as they die.
•Being stunned by a player initiated stun effect prevents other player initiated stun effects from affecting the targeted player for 10 seconds.
•HKMs now take longer to reach full charge.
•Player summoned deployables (Turrets, stations, etc.)now have increased health pools.◦The tooltips for these abilities will currently display base health, not their current modified health pools.

Battleframe Perks
•Tactician (Unlocked lvl 30, Accord Recon) has been reworked. This perk now grants a 20% chance to reset your ability cooldowns when you inflict a headshot. This effect can trigger once per minute.
•Sure Shot (Unlocked lvl 30, Nighthawk) can now be activated using secondary weapons.◦We also fixed an issue that was causing the internal cooldown of this ability to trigger even though the effect was not being applied to the player. This prevented the players from ever receiving a benefit from this perk.

•Fixed a bug with Sentient Armor (Unlocked lvl 30, Bastion) which prevented the perk from activating.◦This perk was being affected by the same issue stated above which was causing the internal cooldown of this ability to trigger even though the effect was not being applied to the player. This prevented the players from ever receiving a benefit from this perk.

•Repairing Nanites (Engineer only) will now properly heal 1% of the deployables health per second.
•Flame buffer (Unlocked lvl 40, Firecat) now stacks up to three times. More fire for the Firecat.
•Flame Buffer (Unlocked lvl 40, Firecat) now matches the radius of Immolate if Immolate is an equipped ability.
•Hero (Unlocked lvl 40, Rhino) will now prevent players from dying up to 5 seconds, but will no longer kill the player after it expires. Once the 5 second invulnerability expires, this perk triggers a fifteen minute cooldown.
•Conduit Perk (Raptor Only) has been reworked:◦Now appropriately gains and loses charges when shooting enemies.
◦Conduit Perk updated to give visual feedback on full charge.
◦When using a charge rifle, firing with three conduit charges drains all charges and causes the shot to explode on impact.
◦When using an R36 firing can now build charges but not expend them. Instead, the R36 rounds cause energy damage at full charge.
◦Using a Raptor ability with three charges still causes the ‘empowered’ ability effect noted on the ability.

•Mounted Firepower (Unlocked lvl 30, Accord Engineer) to scale more consistently when leveling.
•Stampede (Unlocked lvl 20, Rhino) will now be triggered by the Rhino’s Charge Ability.
•Health Surge (Unlocked lvl 40, Mammoth) has been reworked. This perk is now a Heal over Time and no longer has a 10 second internal cooldown between procs. The perk is now: “Activating an ability heals you for 15% of your max health over 10 seconds.”◦Reasoning for this change: We didn’t feel it was very fun to have your perk be ‘wasted’ if you used your abilities too fast. Now that the perk is a heal over time effect, if you use multiple abilities within the duration, it will refresh the duration of the heal, instead of doing nothing.

Accord Assault
•Bombs Away can now be modified using Range, Radius, and Max Deployment modules.
Tigerclaw
•The Fusion Cannon's nova alt-fire splash radius now works properly and is listed in the weapon statistics.
Firecat
•The Thermal Cannon's triple shot alt-fire damage and splash radius is now listed in weapon statistics.
•Thermal Wave can now be modified by force modules.
Accord Biotech
•Poison Trail’s snare potency can be increased by using force modules.
•Poison Trail’s duration can now be modified with duration modules.
•Poison Ball’s duration can now be modified using duration modules.
•Poison Ball now deals its impact damage only on impact rather than to anything that enters the cloud.
•Triage’s cooldown begins when the ability ends rather than starting immediately upon activation.
Accord Biotech Bug Fixes
•Siphoning Unit will now trigger properly from Biotech abilities, not just the Biotech’s weapon attacks.
•Fixed Poison Trail snare duration to work in seconds (previously it was using milliseconds).
Dragonfly
•Healing Ball has been updated.◦Healing Ball’s base speed has been reduced.
◦Healing Ball can now be modified by using potency, range and force modules.
◦Healing Ball’s damage will now be reduced on the edges of the sphere. This will not affect healing amount.
◦Healing Ball will now heal the Dragonfly if they are inside the radius of the effect.
◦Healing Ball now applies a percentage of the healing done to the Dragonfly if it heals a target.
◦Healing Ball now knocks enemies away when they are hit.
◦Healing Ball’s visual effects now scale with the effect radius of the ability.

•Healing Pillar has been updated.◦Healing Pillar now always applies a percentage of its burst healing to the Dragonfly.
◦Healing Pillar now applies a small amount of healing to anyone in the pad before the burst heal.
◦Healing Pillar now uses Potency and Range modules.
◦Healing Pillar’s visual effect now scales to the effect radius of the ability.

•Emergency Response’s prefixes have been expanded to include all the module types it can use.
Recluse
•Kinetic shot has been updated.◦Kinetic Shot now has a base damage instead of using weapon damage.
◦Kinetic Shot now uses Range and Force modules.
◦Kinetic shot now fires immediately on use instead of overriding the next shot.

Recluse Bug Fixes
•Fixed Recluse’s shoe size to a match the artistic vision of this battleframe.
Accord Dreadnaught
•Fixed a bug that was causing Absorption Bomb to not calculate its damage properly.
•Updated Absorption Bomb to be modifiable using potency and duration modules.
Accord Engineer
•Heavy Turret now notifies its owner when it expires or is destroyed.
•Rocket Turret will now properly upgrade to its final form.
•Updated Engineer description to mention Tesla Rifle instead of Sticky Grenade Launcher.
•Updated the potency attribute description for Heavy Turret. The potency stat increases how quickly the turret upgrades to rank 2.
Accord Engineer Bug Fixes
•Tesla rifles now report a more accurate rate of fire and are affected by rate of fire modules.
Bastion
•Fixed a bug where Multi-Turrets would not spawn at full health.
•Sentinel Pods can now be modified by AOE modules.
•Sentinel pods can now be modified by Max Deployment modules.
•Updated Bastion description to mention Sticky Grenade Launcher instead of Tesla Rifle.
Accord Recon

Accord Recon Bug Fixes
•Advanced Decoy now displays the player's name above it instead of the name ‘Advanced Decoy’.
•Accord Recons will now receive a basic battleframe core upon reaching level 3.
Nighthawk
•The explosion resulting from killing an enemy when using Sniper Rifles kill in now modified by modules.
Nighthawk Bug Fixes
•Fixed an issue which was causing Nighthawks to be unable to score headshots on certain monsters and players.
Raptor
•Charge Rifle has been updated.◦Charge Rifle base charge rate returned to 2.5 seconds.
◦Charge Rifle is now more effective when hip-shooting.
◦Charge Rifles now benefit from Accuracy modules.

•Overload has been updated.◦Overload now chains to targets rather than a simple AOE attack.
◦Overload was incorrectly scaling damage. It has been reduced.

•Raptors will now receive a basic battleframe core upon reaching level 3.
•Visual FX from Overload now scale with area of effect.
Open World
•The ARES supplier has been removed from The Nest as players cannot earn vouchers for this area.
•The Devil’s Tusk battlecruiser is now named the “U.A.S. Vanguard”.
•Added spawn room to FOB Sagan.
•Added a spawn room to Tecumseh Airbase.
•Added map markers for all zone to zone transit dropships.
•Devil's Tusk dropship now states that it travels to Sertao instead of Coral Forest.
•Strike Teams will now be appearing more often throughout the world.
•Brinewyrms have been updated to deal fire damage.
•Added Brinewyrms to the areas around Sunken Harbor.
•Chosen Engineer drones will now spawn at the same level as the Engineer.
ARES Jobs
•Objective items will move to a new location after a preset amount of time when they are unable to be interacted with.
•The player’s currently active ARES Job will now always appear on the Job Board.
Instances
•Players are no longer allowed to respawn during the Baneclaw encounter.
•Players will now properly respawn after a full platoon wipe in the Baneclaw encounter.
•Baneclaw can no longer damage himself with his own attacks.
•Added "Searing Firewhips" to the Kanaloa encounter. These nasty little critters want to give you lots of hugs. Explosive hugs.
Campaign
•Hardcore Blackwater Anomaly has been re-enabled.
•Players will now properly leave a queue when pressing the leave queue button.
•Players are no longer allowed to respawn while in Crash Down on hard mode.
•Blood King Soldiers are now male.
•Disabled Loot Roll for Necronus in the Hardcore Mode of Blackwater Anomaly. (This is only temporary.)
•No longer able to revive during Necronus battle in the Hardcore Mode of Blackwater Anomaly.
•Raised difficulty of Power Grab’s Hardcore Mode.
•Enemies target cart more ferociously in Hardcore mode of Dirty Deeds.
•Increased mission difficulty in Hardcore mode of Dirty Deeds.
Crafting
•Missing Level 19-22 Ability Recipes have been added to player research trees.
•Streamlined crafting costs.◦Lowered the amount of Crystite required for crafting.

•Rare refining/Salvage materials are being removed. They will no longer result from refining and salvaging, and have been removed from all recipes. Any remaining rare refined/salvaged mats in player inventories can be refined into the normal crafting materials.
•Crafted Hybrid materials costs have been significantly reduced. Crystite cost to refine hybrids has been removed, and materials costs reduced.
•Spinning items in the crafting terminal are rendered at a much higher detail and bloom enabled
•Use more appropriate visuals for spinning items in the crafting terminal
Thumpers
•Thumper Improvements: 10% of the normal rewards will now be awarded to squad mates falling below a preset participation threshold.
•Reduced the overall participation threshold on Thumpers to make it easier for squad players to get full rewards.
•Increased the lockout radius on thumpers, players will now need to space thumpers a minimum distance of 150m apart.
•Reduced the depth on each resource vein from 6000 to 2000 to reflect the new capacities of thumpers.
•Resource vein size decreased from 225m to 235 m to prevent some overlapping issues.
•Reduced resource vein density to prevent veins from spawning on top of each other.
Items
•Cooldown modules now grant a lower cooldown reduction percentage per module.◦Context: Cooldown modules were heavily outweighing other module choices in value and allowing players much shorter cooldowns than originally intended.

•Shotgun Secondary Weapons will now reload all their ammo with one reload rather than one by one.◦Context: Using increased magazine size modules was a hindrance as it caused longer reload times.

•Burst Rifle rate of fire has been adjusted to accurately display in the item statistics.
•Mosquito Wings can no longer be activated on the ground as this would result in them being consumed without any effect.
•Hybrid Widened ability modules (AOE + Force) have been renamed to "Expanding" modules.◦Context: This is to avoid confusion with +AOE modules.

•Changed Rarity of crafting components dropped by creatures (Cornea; Recalibrators; Drone Modules) from Rare to Uncommon so they will not trigger Need/Greed rolls by default. You can still change your Need/Greed settings as a Squad Leader.
•HKMs will now have the correct amount of module slots based on rarity like other equipment. This means a few things.◦HKMs that had too many module slots on them (such as a common HKM with three slots) will now have the correct amount (which would reduce this example to one slot). This also works in the opposite direction for players who had HKMs with too few of slots, they will be increased to the appropriate number based on rarity.
◦Common items have one module slot, uncommon items have two module slots and rare or above have three module slots.
◦Any HKMs that have module slots removed will still contain any modules that were slotted into them before this transition takes place. The effects of the slotted modules will still grant their bonuses until they are unslotted by spending Credits.

•Removed Sifted Earth/AMPS and Melded CY from the tracker that displays when a player holds the ‘F’ key by default
•The Following glider pads have been granted special attributes. This change is retroactive for those that already own these glider pads.◦Dusk, Sunrise and Sunset glider pads have been granted the “Lofty” attribute which increases the height you are boosted into the air when activating any glider pad. This benefit stacks when users own multiple “Lofty” glider pads.
◦Topaz, Emerald and Royal glider pads now have the “Quickened” attribute which decreases the global cooldown on gliders by three seconds. This benefit stacks when users own multiple “Quickened” glider pads.

•Added charge speed to Baneclaw cooldown modules so they affect HKMs.
•Added charge speed as a possible prefix when critically crafting weapons and abilities.
•Added charge speed to Kanaloa cooldown modules so they affect HKMs.
•Added charge speed to Necronus cooldown modules so they affect HKMs.
•Updated “Weapon Splash Radius” to now list as “Splash Radius”.
•Balanced health bonuses on Resilient Battleframe Cores.
•Updated turret stat descriptions.
•Improved audio for collecting Crystite off the ground.
Social
•Frame Specialist titles from achievements will now appear for players.
User Interface
•Updated achievements panel to properly reflect the reward players will earn when completing certain achievements.
•Gliders have their own section in the calldown list of the navwheel
•Job boards will now display a warning to squadded players that only a squad leader can accept ARES Jobs.
•Added UI options to disable outgoing damage/health numbers.
•Aspect ratio dropdown was removed from the options.
•Re-activated PVP video options which will be used in Broken Peninsula.
•Two AFK players will no longer be able to get into an endless loop of AFK auto replies.
•Moved the resource monitor’s default position so it will no longer default to being overlapped with the radar.
•Added tooltip for disabled instances listing why they cannot queue for self and group members.
•If a group size or minimum level requirement is not met the requirement text will highlight red in the mission select interface.
•When purchasing items from a vendor the player will now see the item appear on the side of their screen along with receiving a purchase message in their chat log.
Battleframe Garage
•Bodysuit patterns will now properly appear for players to use.
Performance
•Updated .INI config file to fix an issue that was causing some players to receive delayed job/mission text and audio.
•Added a Very High texture quality that will double the texture resolution of characters other than your own (note: eats a lot of memory and can delay loading other assets like landscape and mobs)
•Fixed a bug where Chosen face masks didn't properly dissolve when the body dissolved
•Minor memory optimizations and leak fixes

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good, I bought the Tigerclaw and the alt fire seemed horrible, maybe this fix makes it better.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I hope I'm reading "•Nighthawks now deal headshot damage to all enemies." as "All enemies can now properly be headshotted" instead of as "Nighthawks get headshot damage even if you hit them in the foot, because we can."

Though I wouldn't complain about it being the latter.....

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Digital_Jesus posted:

I hope I'm reading "•Nighthawks now deal headshot damage to all enemies." as "All enemies can now properly be headshotted" instead of as "Nighthawks get headshot damage even if you hit them in the foot, because we can."

Though I wouldn't complain about it being the latter.....

You need the JFK bullet chamber. :rimshot:

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

Patch Highlights

Holy gently caress, I just got off work and reading all of that made me feel like a kid with a big bowl of candy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How is the electron? I never see it talked about. I didn't much enjoy my tigerclaw, but hoping that the alt fire change makes it worth something.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Holy poo poo, the patch notes just keep on going!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

NOT LISTED BUT VERY IMPORTANT: YOUR THUMPER IS NO LONGER FILLED WITH DIRT

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

xxEightxx posted:

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-v1-0-1791.4668921/

•Rare refining/Salvage materials are being removed. They will no longer result from refining and salvaging, and have been removed from all recipes. Any remaining rare refined/salvaged mats in player inventories can be refined into the normal crafting materials.
•Crafted Hybrid materials costs have been significantly reduced. Crystite cost to refine hybrids has been removed, and materials costs reduced.

Hey! There's the answer to my question. No more rare refine mats! Talk about timing.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Red5 posted:

The P1 LGV has received some performance improvements and will now shift past 1st gear and should generally feel better when driving.
gently caress yes I literally just crafted this mount before the patch hit.

Red5 posted:

Player summoned deployables (Turrets, stations, etc.)now have increased health pools.
Oh poo poo, Christmas came early this year.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Human Centipede is a go.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I have a couple pilot tokens, but I'm not seeing how you earn them anymore. Do you have to max out a frame to get them?

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

xxEightxx posted:

•Conduit Perk (Raptor Only) has been reworked:◦Now appropriately gains and loses charges when shooting enemies.
◦Conduit Perk updated to give visual feedback on full charge.
◦When using a charge rifle, firing with three conduit charges drains all charges and causes the shot to explode on impact.
◦When using an R36 firing can now build charges but not expend them. Instead, the R36 rounds cause energy damage at full charge.
◦Using a Raptor ability with three charges still causes the ‘empowered’ ability effect noted on the ability.

loving FINALLY. Took them three years to get it in.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah so I unlocked the Recluse frame and I am absolutely in love with it. At level 12 our squad thumper pulled one of those fuckoff huge swarms of Chosen so I just said YOLO, blew all my cooldowns, and ended up killing them all. Ran in and hit Evacuate then Poison Trail to snare and poison even more, then the one shot poison bomb thing while I jetpacked up and started spamming alt fire shots at them. So much healing with the Siphoning perk, so much damage :stare:

I went out on a limb and unlocked it because I was hoping it would be a Jetpack Warlock and boy is it ever. The skill where you fire the shot and explodes is pretty underwhelming overall. What's the recommended skill loadout for Recluse?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Can someone send me an invite to Goons? My Army screen doesn't seem to actually do anything... Player name is Ryzikiel

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
If you hate the stupid dimming effect when in chat or mouse mode, you can get rid of it by editing the .lua file here:

\Firefall\system\gui\components\MainUI\HUD\CursorModeBackdrop

Just change the 1's to 0's.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I just crafted two epics yesterday. Ah well at least getting more will now be easier. Also yay turret fix.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

How is the electron? I never see it talked about. I didn't much enjoy my tigerclaw, but hoping that the alt fire change makes it worth something.

Its very meh... The electron is my highest class at 25 and I'm seriously considering switching to something else. Your primary fire is a rail gun that can headshot, but it's basically like being a crappy raptor/nighthawk with no zoom. Your alt fire is an aoe orb that fires fairly fast, but it also has a tiny aoe radius making it very hard to hit multiple enemies with it. Out of your skills, overcharge station is worthless for soloing and is kind of buggy with some weapons, additionally people have to run up next to it to get the buff. Boomerang is ok for aoe damage on close targets, but it bugs on some humanoid targets and only hits once instead of twice. The shield is good, but the range on it to shield friendlies is really small so that if you aren't right next to someone it will not shield them. Finally your hkm is a big ball of lightning that does a ton of damage to anything large that stands still, making it almost useless in pvp and against anything fast moving or tiny. Today they also increased the amount of time it takes to charge hkms, soooo bla.

Maybe with a ton of purple cooldown modules boomerang and the energy shield are really good, but at low levels its a lot of running and straining to headshot stuff without a scope while you wait on cooldowns since you are squishy as hell when the shield goes down. It brings back some fun quake3 rail gun memories, but overall the electron is a pretty underwhelming class in my opinion.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I went out on a limb and unlocked it because I was hoping it would be a Jetpack Warlock and boy is it ever. The skill where you fire the shot and explodes is pretty underwhelming overall. What's the recommended skill loadout for Recluse?

Poison Ball, Creeping Death, Triage, Necrosis is what I roll with.

Poison Ball and Creeping Death are obvious, more poison all the time. I don't feel so hot for creeping death because it is so clunky to use, but eh. Poison Ball is nerfed fixed now, so we'll see how it performs. Triage is for the 20% damage reduction (base) it gives for 5 (base) seconds - it helps when you need to call a thumper back under heavy fire, or need to save some lesser frames your friends are piloting in combat. Combined with damage reduction perks and ongoing siphoning effect it makes you nigh-invulnerable.

Edit: Just saw something on the forums about performance, this might help people that are cpu or gpu-bound. Paraphrasing it a bit, but you can check the original as well:

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-v1-0-1791.4668921/page-14#post-69759121 posted:

If you are CPU bound, that means your frame rate is bottle necked by CPU performance and the GPU is idle for parts of the frame. Firefall depends quite a bit on single core performance. Shader quality and texture quality don't cost any CPU. Particles are well multithreaded, so you can increase particle quality as well without killing your CPU. Terrain, vegetation and lighting quality are fairly light on CPU as well. Animation, model and shadow quality put the highest load on CPU, so make sure you keep them low.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 6, 2014

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

•Fixed an issue which was causing Nighthawks to be unable to score headshots on certain monsters and players.

I knew I was not imagining things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Hmmmm, I think those talking about Raptors being killmachines are talking out of their asses.

• Locked thread