Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ad thread been slow lately huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Forums Terrorist posted:

ad thread been slow lately huh

used car ad probably taking a while to encode

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i cant help my self around you, i think its the big traffic cone telling me to stay away but i just cant.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
does anyone at yospos actually do anything for a living interesting besides that one dude who worked at the north pole and suspicious dish

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Fabricated posted:

does anyone at yospos actually do anything for a living interesting besides that one dude who worked at the north pole and suspicious dish

if my job were interesting why the gently caress would i post all day

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if my job were interesting why the gently caress would i post all day

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

memegenerator.net

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fabricated posted:

there's also a few goons who have TS but you'll never hear about any of that here

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Necc0 posted:

there's also a few goons who have TS but you'll never hear about any of that here

why need a medical reason to yell swear words at people

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well I got a job as a website janitor and start today

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PleasureKevin posted:

well I got a job as a website janitor and start today

does it give you pleasure, kevin?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

it gives him paychecks

which are the gateway to pleasure

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Necc0 posted:

most of my friends who contract in DC have TS/SCI clearance and it's all really boring db/sharepoint poo poo :smith:

academic it is a mess so me and everyone I work with do p much everything short of actually managing our network backbone so I get to see some neat dod project stuff but by and large the TS stuff here is again mostly access to databases full of stuff that's only interesting to a tiny tiny subset of people

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 5, 2014

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Fabricated posted:

most of my friends who contract in DC have TS/SCI clearance and it's all really boring db/sharepoint poo poo :smith:

academic it is a mess so me and everyone I work with do p much everything short of actually managing our network backbone so I get to see some neat dod project stuff but by and large the TS stuff here is again mostly access to databases full of stuff that's only interesting to a tiny tiny subset of people

clearance is still more about making sure that you aren't a soviet or a nazi than about actuallys ecuring sensitive data

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

will report to the cjs thread at lunch with an answer

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

duTrieux. posted:

clearance is still more about making sure that you aren't a soviet or a nazi than about actuallys ecuring sensitive data

until the snowden thing I dunno if they even really gave a poo poo

I've been interviewed for like 5 different peoples clearances and each time it's been some subcontracted agency who sends a guy who acts like he couldn't possibly care any less about this interview he's doing and it's over in like 5 minutes.

Also every time they've been way, way more concerned about drinking habits rather than political beliefs or nationality

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sounds like the setup for a tom clancy novel.

now all we need is a good 'ol fashioned terrorist attack on the resort

I'm still holding out hope Obama will pull off the mask and reveal he truly was a Marxist Nazi all along. he does this a couple hours after ordering a series of lethal drone strikes on the google executive retreat

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

as somebody who thrice voted for obama, gently caress obama

pram
Jun 10, 2001
so i got invited to this google domains thing. what a great idea, to have google as ur registrar. they certainly wont get bored of that LOL!!!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

yospos.gnu

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

duTrieux. posted:

actually, now it's more about not having a ton of delinquent debt, or a being an unrepentant whorefucker, drugtaker, foreign, or boozedriver:

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

what's it take to make your own TLD?

yos.pos would be p. sweet

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

pseudorandom name posted:

what's it take to make your own TLD?

yos.pos would be p. sweet

$125-250K or a alternative root name server

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

$125-250K or a alternative root name server

p sure thats annually also

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Progressive JPEG posted:

p sure thats annually also

185k is a one-off fee but sounds like there are some monthly fees to keep it (1k a month or thereabouts?)

plus y'know, you have to actually do poo poo with it and i bet that's costly too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fabricated posted:

*raises paw*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PCjr sidecar posted:

actually, now it's more about not having a ton of delinquent debt, or a being an unrepentant whorefucker, drugtaker, foreign, or boozedriver:

In April 2008, Applicant was charged with underage possession of alcohol, but the charge was continued for one year and then dismissed. He was convicted of driving while intoxicated in November 2008 and was sentenced to 60 days in jail, with 55 days suspended. He served his five days in jail on weekends. He was cited for public intoxication on New Year’s Eve, 2011, and he paid a $100 fine. He was accused of grand larceny in October 2012, but the charge was dismissed as unfounded. He has been employed by a federal contractor since October 2012 and has earned the respect and support of his supervisor. Clearance is granted. CASE NO: 14-00461.h1

lol that dude sounds like fun

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

someone wrote an article about my posts

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/new-strategy-as-tech-giants-transform-into-conglomerates/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cremknob

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

PCjr sidecar posted:

goddamn foreigners

Applicant gave no information as to why his parents wanted him to have a Canadian passport, or why he continued to retain his Canadian citizenship and did not want to revoke his Canadian passport.

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
also lol google app store

quote:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/08/05/google_removes_gaza_games_from_app_store.html
If the deadly conflict in Gaza wasn’t bad enough in real life, there are video games for your phone that allow you to fire your own rockets and drop your own bombs. Google, however, said it was cracking down on Monday and removing some of the most distasteful Android apps from the Google Play store, including: BombGaza and Gaza Assault, among others. You’ll get a sense why they were pulled with this sampling from the Daily Dot:

quote:

First up, there’s BombGaza, a well-reviewed app that puts you in the cockpit of an Israeli jet flying low over Gaza’s rooftops. Aim to destroy any building filled with black-clad, rocket-toting Hamas operatives, but be wary of collateral damage: When you’ve killed too many innocent civilians, a “Rage” meter tips into the red zone, and your mission comes to an end.
Next up is Gaza Assault: Code Red, which invites you to “[t]ake control of an Israeli UAV equipped with powerful weapons in an attempt to secure the region” and rather pointedly asks if you “have what it takes to protect your citizens.” Don’t forget, though, you’re fighting to bring about peace, which is only possible when the enemy’s territory has been reduced to rubble.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

raruler posted:

also lol google app store

neither of those sound particularly heinous. perhaps i have been desensitized to video games

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

prefect posted:

neither of those sound particularly heinous. perhaps i have been desensitized to video games

i remember playing a flash game around 2003 where you were a palestinian suicide bomber and the goal was to kill and maim as many men, women and children as possible

compared to that those are practically edutainment

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Forums Terrorist posted:

i remember playing a flash game around 2003 where you were a palestinian suicide bomber and the goal was to kill and maim as many men, women and children as possible

compared to that those are practically edutainment

no kidding; the first one even pretends to care about civilian casualties

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

is it "we reskinned an existing game to mock a current tragedy" time so soon

fire all tech writers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flakeloaf posted:

fire all tech writers

1. gently caress you

2. that's already an industry trend, pretty much :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prefect posted:

1. gently caress you

2. that's already an industry trend, pretty much :(

it's a trend because tech writing is 100% poo poo. who would pay to read it?*

if tech writers sucked less maybe their industry wouldn't be dying

*no one, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

it's a trend because tech writing is 100% poo poo. who would pay to read it?*

if tech writers sucked less maybe their industry wouldn't be dying

*no one, obviously

waitasecond, are you talking about tech journalists or tech writers? tech writers do manuals and documentation and stuff; tech journalists write stupid stuff on blogs

• Locked thread