Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Ler posted:

It's loving hilarious that the IPA is seeking $38,000 in urgent donations to fund an ad to attack Abbott. What a nice day.

source?

That is absolutely hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Splode posted:

Not what I was saying, I was just pointing out your response was a bit dumb.

You could have said "Gee, gough, that's a pretty lovely thing to say, and if you actually think all Jews are Zionists then that's pretty awful."

Instead of "SHUT UP KDAQWHNDJKAWNDAWNDAWDN I AM SO ANGRY HOLY poo poo gently caress BALLS"

or you could have ignored muyb being an idiot like everyone else.

The second option communicates my feelings far more accurately, friend.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

webmeister posted:

Yeah, Bellevue Hill and St Ives are basically the Jewish hubs of Sydney and they're both listed as South African as well. Maybe a lot of Jewish Australians have South African heritage?

It's weird though, most of my Jewish friends have eastern European heritage eg Hungarian.

I think the higher proportion of South African Jews is that they were more recent immigrants, a lot of Ashkenazi Jewish Australians who live in Sydney are at least second generation immigrants now so the immigrant Jewish population really skews South African.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Splode posted:

source?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...0806-3d8i7.html

quote:

The IPA has emailed its supporters pleading for cash to fund a $38,000 attack ad which will use the Prime Minister's own words against him.

"Tony Abbott has given up but the IPA never will," the email says.

The IPA will quote from Mr Abbott's speech to the IPA in 2012 when he said "freedom of speech is an essential foundation of democracy".

And in a further rebuff of the Prime Minister, the IPA is offering donors a copy of his comments signed by the News Corp columnist Andrew Bolt, who was successfully prosecuted under the current laws.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Splode posted:

source?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/fed...0806-3d8i7.html

quote:

The IPA has emailed its supporters pleading for cash to fund a $38,000 attack ad which will use the Prime Minister's own words against him.

"Tony Abbott has given up but the IPA never will," the email says.

The IPA will quote from Mr Abbott's speech to the IPA in 2012 when he said "freedom of speech is an essential foundation of democracy".

And in a further rebuff of the Prime Minister, the IPA is offering donors a copy of his comments signed by the News Corp columnist Andrew Bolt, who was successfully prosecuted under the current laws.

More in the link

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Splode posted:

source?

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Is this what they call "Righty Infighting"?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

lol sorry, I should chill and laugh at the epic jokes about how Jews are a race of apartheidists.

Given that caulfield has voted non-tory exactly once in it's entire electoral history I feel pretty comfortable in my painting of the people that live there as scum.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Also, since Zionism is one of the 13 pillars of Judaism and a nonnegotiable aspect of Orthodox and Conservative religious belief it's not completely unfair to expect that a lot of white Australian Jews are going to be Zionists. And that makes them apartheidists.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Not all jews are zionists. Caulfield jews are however vastly more conservative and right-wing than the mainstream jewish population.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

Given that caulfield has voted non-tory exactly once in it's entire electoral history I feel pretty comfortable in my painting of the people that live there as scum.

I'm not interested in what races you think are scum, Gough Suppressant. You're always filling this thread with your moronically offensive caveman thoughts. You drop them all over the place like Cartoon turds in a haphazardly arranged grid.

Piss off.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

Also, since Zionism is one of the 13 pillars of Judaism and a nonnegotiable aspect of Orthodox and Conservative religious belief it's not completely unfair to expect that a lot of white Australian Jews are going to be Zionists. And that makes them apartheidists.

Are you loving serious

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Yes I'm loving serious, sorry mate.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Your soundtrack for another Amethyst meltdown, where all arguments are met with personal attacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFasFq4GJYM

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

Yes I'm loving serious, sorry mate.

That's some pretty shallow and mechanistic thought, Fruity Gordo.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

Are you loving serious

Didn't lorde write a song about apartheid

e:f,b gently caress

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I'd watch a movie where a zionist jew slowly transforms into a palestinian after discovering their alien technology

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

I'm not interested in what races you think are scum, Gough Suppressant. You're always filling this thread with your moronically offensive caveman thoughts. You drop them all over the place like Cartoon turds in a haphazardly arranged grid.

Piss off.

And yet he is still a better poster and person than you.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

Your soundtrack for another Amethyst meltdown, where all arguments are met with personal attacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFasFq4GJYM

jesus christ, my sides

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Amethyst posted:

That's some pretty shallow and mechanistic thought, Fruity Gordo.

Not really, especially not when you combine it with ten years of being a vocally anti-Zionist member of the Sydney Jewish community.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We warned you about the splits Tones!

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

Splode posted:

source?

Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. A world gone topsy turvy as gently caress.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

And yet he is still a better poster and person than you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just wonderful

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Amethyst posted:

Piss off.

:ironicat:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hey guys whats going on in this thread

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
what the gently caress have you people done to my beautiful thread?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We're celebrating Mills' month long holiday by tearing each other to shreds.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Funnily enough they mostly came to caufield as refugees from the holocaust.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
The only moral genocide is my genocide

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:gas:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Fruity Gordo posted:

The only moral genocide is my genocide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

adamantium|wang posted:

Tory shitlord can't solve social problem with private money, melts down

When Mills writes his autobiography twenty years from now, this will be the reason he gives for entering politics.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'd just like to argue that Malvern is worse....

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
*looks at map*

Caulfield is south of the Yarra so gently caress those guys

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

monolithburger posted:

I'd just like to argue that Malvern is worse....

Because Andrew Bolt lives there?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Aww gently caress I didn't know that, time to move!

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 6, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Petition to rename Andrew Bolt 'The Malvern Star'.

Helmets mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
There's at least three non-lovely people who live in Caulfield!

Also, speaking of banks and investments, what does the Auspol hivemind think of Australian Ethical as a managed fund?

• Locked thread