Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Holy poo poo! You didn't grow up bathed in the exact same pop culture milieu I was?! Do they have pants where you live??

the what now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

stratdax posted:

Well, if you're ever in Vancouver you can go out and get this Caesar:

"Called the “Checkmate Caesar,” it’s garnished with a full roast chicken, Score burger, slider, chicken wings, pulled pork mac and cheese hot dog, roasted vegetables (in case you’re worried about your figure) and a brownie for dessert."
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/03/ultimate-caesar-garnish-vancouver/

I call foul! That drinking glass has a wider center of gravity than the others! :colbert:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

stratdax posted:

"Called the “Checkmate Caesar,” it’s garnished with a full roast chicken, Score burger, slider, chicken wings, pulled pork mac and cheese hot dog, roasted vegetables (in case you’re worried about your figure) and a brownie for dessert."

A roasted goddamn chicken? I believe this is the first time I have ever wished I were Vancouverite, or Vancouvian, or whatever the hell they call themselves.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Centripetal Horse posted:

A roasted goddamn chicken? I believe this is the first time I have ever wished I were Vancouverite, or Vancouvian, or whatever the hell they call themselves.

I believe the chosen name is "Entitled Shitlords".

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Centripetal Horse posted:

I lived in Vancouver for three years and never heard of this monstrosity, I feel empty inside.

Abongination has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Aug 6, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

MisterOblivious posted:

"‘Just saw a police car going the other way. Gonna turn around and see if I can catch up and drive by it. #iphonecookie,’ he wrote.
Took a bite out of the cookie. He was so confused and angry. Told me to hold tight, he is back in his car now."
Has warrant out for unpaid parking tickets. Gets arrested.

Did he really think the officer was just going to laugh and say "welp, no phone, no crime, buddy!" and then pose for a picture with him?

Reminds me of the obnoxious moron that ordered the custom ketchup bottle that read "shampoo," put ketchup in his hair and went to a local supermarket to complain that although the bottle said it was full of shampoo, it was, in fact, filled with a condiment! WHAT A FUNNY "PRANK"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Abongination posted:

I lived in Vancouver for three years and never heard of this monstrosity, I feel empty inside.

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your party

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your workplace

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your house

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your bedroom

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your wake

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SKY COQ posted:

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your party

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your workplace

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your house

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your bedroom

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your wake

I will not hear them, Sam-I-am. I do not like Gorillas, in my band.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SKY COQ posted:

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your party

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your house

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your bedroom

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your wake

If you remove the line about the workplace this becomes a poem about a gorilla with balloons playing saxophone coming to someone's house and killing them

twoday has a new favorite as of 10:16 on Aug 6, 2014

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Did he really think the officer was just going to laugh and say "welp, no phone, no crime, buddy!" and then pose for a picture with him?

Reminds me of the obnoxious moron that ordered the custom ketchup bottle that read "shampoo," put ketchup in his hair and went to a local supermarket to complain that although the bottle said it was full of shampoo, it was, in fact, filled with a condiment! WHAT A FUNNY "PRANK"

Why couldn't he just fill a regular shampoo bottle with ketchup?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Please do not feign enthusiasm when you clap.

The gorilla will know.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Did he really think the officer was just going to laugh and say "welp, no phone, no crime, buddy!"

I like that it's just accepted that pissing off a cop will obviously get you arrested completely separate from the existence of any actual crime.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Dr_Amazing posted:

I like that it's just accepted that pissing off a cop will obviously get you arrested completely separate from the existence of any actual crime.

I seem to remember that you can get arrested for wasting police time. If so then I'm fairly certain that this could come under that. Although without the unpaid parking tickets he might have gotten away with it, so really it's his own fault. Especially as he turned his car around to get the cops attention. :downs:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Abongination posted:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

davidspackage posted:

Please do not feign enthusiasm when you clap.

The gorilla will know.

And never call him a monkey! He prefers the term "ape".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well of course. I mean, do you see a tail? No tail, not a monkey :colbert:.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

twoday posted:

If you remove the line about the workplace this becomes a poem about a gorilla with balloons playing saxophone coming to someone's house and killing them

That was the intent.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SKY COQ posted:

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your party

...in someone's house!

...in someone's workplace!

...while a shaman watches!

...in someone's car!

...while the guy from the dollar store watches!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SKY COQ posted:

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your party

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your workplace

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your house

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
In your bedroom

Gorilla
Playing saxophone
with balloons
At your wake

Burma-Shave.

I'll, um, I'll pass.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

stratdax posted:

OK so I was wondering what a Caeser is and apparently it's some sort of foul bloody mary with clam juice in it?!? What the gently caress Canada? Allegedly this is your most popular mixed drink. Made with Clamato juice, a delicious blend of tomato and clams. But it doesn't stop there, ohhhh no.

So, is it any good?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

rock rock posted:

OK so I was wondering what a Caeser is and apparently it's some sort of foul bloody mary with clam juice in it?!? What the gently caress Canada? Allegedly this is your most popular mixed drink. Made with Clamato juice, a delicious blend of tomato and clams. But it doesn't stop there, ohhhh no.

So, is it any good?

The budweiser one is pretty good on a hot day.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

neonbregna posted:

The budweiser one is pretty good on a hot day.

I'm sorry you were born without tastebuds.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

...in someone's house!

...in someone's workplace!

...while a shaman watches!

...in someone's car!

...while the guy from the dollar store watches!

...on the bed?

...on the floor?

...on a towel by the door?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

rock rock posted:

So, is it any good?

When I worked at a convenience store in Texas I couldn't keep that Budweiser clamato on the shelves. Apparently it's really loving good to drug addicts and migrant workers. :shrug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

rock rock posted:

So, is it any good?

Clam juice is alright (salty and a bit savory) and goes naturally with tomato. Not my drink of choice, but a Caesar is just a slightly saltier Bloody Mary. Apparently a lot of Canadians don't realize it's actually clam juice and swear off clamato and Caesars once they find out.

I have no idea what is up with the energy drinks or budweiser poo poo.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I call foul! That drinking glass has a wider center of gravity than the others! :colbert:

If by wider you mean lower :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dev null posted:

If by wider you mean lower :colbert:

Dammit, yes I do :eng99:.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Okay that's just pretty adorable :3: they just wanna have some nice tea

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

rock rock posted:

So, is it any good?

It's loving amazing. It really is just a bloody mary, but more salty, savory and a bit more spicy.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I try not to get into argument derails here, but I'm gonna plant my maple leaf flag on this one. Clamato juice does sound gross, but it's really good, and was specifically created by the bartender that invented the Caesar, for the purposes of tasting good in said Caesar. This isn't some weird "regional acquired taste" either, like blood pudding or pickled herring (okay, maybe it is). Like everyone else says, it's a more savoury, "meatier" tasting Bloody Mary.

Furthermore, it's something of a middlebrow art form. Every chain restaurant and everyone's dad has their own unique spin on the Caesar; the absurd garnishes are just the endgame.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

mrkillboy posted:

Before they were stars!

Okay, this was actually interesting. I didn't know he'd done that.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

mrkillboy posted:

Before they were stars!

I'd pay to see a special where they rounded up famous people like that to have them try again.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Finagle posted:

Okay, this was actually interesting. I didn't know he'd done that.

He used his diving skills to escape death whilst filming Expendables 3!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jason-statham-almost-died-after-truck-brakes-failed-on-the-set-of-the-expendables-3-9648480.html

:britain:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well of course, he failed spectacularly, he's facing the wrong way. :colbert:

This is actually literally true for the fox, which uses electromagnetic fields to detect things to dive for and has to face true north for it to work.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

univbee posted:

Well of course, he failed spectacularly, he's facing the wrong way. :colbert:

This is actually literally true for the fox, which uses electromagnetic fields to detect things to dive for and has to face true north for it to work.

Welp, I wasn't expecting that to be true, but

quote:

Hypothetical principle of a "magnetic range-finder" in the red fox assuming radical-pair-based magnetoreception. Image credit: Biology Letters, doi:10.1098/rsbl.2010.1145

e: still doesn't explain what the bear was trying to do.

twoday has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Aug 6, 2014

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

rock rock posted:

So, is it any good?

I don't know about those drinks since I wont touch budwiser but Clamato is amazing. It also goes great with decent beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

twoday posted:

e: still doesn't explain what the bear was trying to do.

Find a fox.

• Locked thread