Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I'm worried about that auto-health regen that Marie has, and how fast it's working. Better hope rain has an incredibly low rate of appearing or she has pathetically low life totals or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh, i'm surprised she's getting a story mode. I assumed she'd only be available for arcade mode like SLabrys and the other shadow characters. Although, from what was shown it doesn't look like her story is connected to the events of the game. She looks pretty fun to play as though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Huh, i'm surprised she's getting a story mode. I assumed she'd only be available for arcade mode like SLabrys and the other shadow characters. Although, from what was shown it doesn't look like her story is connected to the events of the game. She looks pretty fun to play as though.

Shadow Labrys has a story too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krPTsm4T_uQ

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I just beat p4g and want to play the fighting game. I heard something about ultimax having dlc for people who didn't play the first arena, was that true? Should I wait for ultimax or look for a cheap copy of arena? I'd prefer to wait, since the developers would get a sale instead of me getting arena secondhand.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is a DLC which contains the story of P4A for P4AU which you get as a pre-order bonus in Japan. No one knows yet how that's gonna work in America.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

I just beat p4g and want to play the fighting game. I heard something about ultimax having dlc for people who didn't play the first arena, was that true? Should I wait for ultimax or look for a cheap copy of arena? I'd prefer to wait, since the developers would get a sale instead of me getting arena secondhand.
If you just want the story, you could look the cutscenes up online or something. I think there's an LP of it in the LP subforum too.

EDIT: Also, subbed marie trailer, if anyone was curious.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Endorph posted:

If you just want the story, you could look the cutscenes up online or something. I think there's an LP of it in the LP subforum too.

EDIT: Also, subbed marie trailer, if anyone was curious.

Looks like Marie has some kind of weather system, as well as HP UP (like liz has SP). Gotta say, I'm intrigued, despite not liking her much in P4G.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
A bit late on this, but Atlus USA has started to upload character trailers. Rise, Junpei, and Yukari have theirs up already. I see Yukari's shadow is a masochist. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNdlxFqq2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMmjteVIJBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_gYYL4T8g0

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 30, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Shadow Yukari makes me feel things

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Those trailers are pretty nice, but they'd be even more so if they utilized the announcer, like the Japanese ones do. Probably didn't have a choice in the matter.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Atlus USA has confirmed that Marie will be free for the first week after launch. So that means both her and Adachi will be free at launch.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/persona-4-arena-ultimax-marie-dlc-confirmed-free-first-week-launch

Man, now I have to get the game during the first week. :shobon:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Atlus USA has confirmed that Marie will be free for the first week after launch. So that means both her and Adachi will be free at launch.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/persona-4-arena-ultimax-marie-dlc-confirmed-free-first-week-launch

Man, now I have to get the game during the first week. :shobon:

Couldn't you just go onto xbox live/psn and just download it while it's free?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, you could totally do that and save yourself spending 9 bucks.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, I do that for freebie poo poo for games that look interesting but I'm not sure I'm ever actually going to pick up. If I don't I just delete it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is Marie from P4G? I only played the PS2 version and don't remember her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is Marie from P4G? I only played the PS2 version and don't remember her.

Yeah, she's from Persona 4 Golden. The Aeon social link, to be exact.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For those attempting to keep up with ArcRevo this year, here's the current character turnout: https://twitter.com/ak_regnitz/status/495930256063074304

Just in case anyone was unclear about the status of Labrys and Elizabeth in this revision.

Edit: Let me double check that I think that's actually just the list of SILVER winners (ie those who made it to qualifiers) ...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Four shadow characters on that list and they don't even break 10 people, hilarious.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah that list was just silver qualifiers sorry, so there may be some duplicates in there. There are only 32 players total who will qualify for it, should have been obvious. :downs:

Let me see if I can figure out who actually qualified out of those.

Edit: Just those who have fully qualified (gold ticket) that I've confirmed so far, there are 5 missing:

Yu - 5
Yosuke - 4
Aigis - 3
Mitsuru - 3
Akihiko - 2
Teddie - 2
Chie - 1
Junpei - 1
Elizabeth - 1
Yukari - 1
Yukiko - 1
Kanji - 1
Naoto - 1

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 5, 2014

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I was surprised to see Yukiko down there with the joke characters, I remember people saying she was tiered at P4U2 launch. Did Arcsys push her back down the staircase or did she fall off as people learned the new version?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
https://twitter.com/hc0519/status/496601692796747776

Basically, Margaret confirmed playable, and using three Personas. Alder, Cu Chulainn and Yoshitsune.

Get your Hassou Tobi ready.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alder? Never heard of it.

e: oh, it's Ardha.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i hope she floats.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yoshtsune and Cu Chulainn? A woman after my own heart.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I hope Bond of Everyone's Souls is her theme music, the way it was in the Animation.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just got a 360 and I need more than one guy on my friend list. If you want a sandbag, add me. GT: horriblePencil

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Posted in the SMT thread that I think she'll end up being the Persona version of Zappa. Do you guys think she'll be more along those lines or a completely different stance for each persona? I know the latest update of BB was supposed to introduce a Stance character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Posted in the SMT thread that I think she'll end up being the Persona version of Zappa. Do you guys think she'll be more along those lines or a completely different stance for each persona? I know the latest update of BB was supposed to introduce a Stance character.

It's way too early to tell right now, we don't even have much on Marie or Adachi yet. Probably gonna have to wait until the inevitable PR thing where voice actors play their characters on Nico to get any real info on playstyles.

(Also, funny that you should mention BB having a stance character, they're actually taking away her stance mechanic in the 2.0 update to make room for another character. Oh, Mori, you are a bastard.)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Because arcsys is mad lazy and thinks splitting CP nu into two incredibly similar characters is a good decision, she'll probably just be elizabeth 2 where instead of having one dude that does everyone's moves she has three dudes that do 1/3rd of everyone's moves, with a focus on stealing from the newer characters.

oh, and she'll be SSS tier because arcsys hates elizabeth :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elizabeth doesn't do everyone's moves. Not sure what you're trying to say.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
she has narukami/yosuke/yukiko/mitsuru supers as the very obvious basis for her four main special moves and both of naotos instant kill supers with different gimmicks.

she's not dural or anything but it's pretty clear of a theme

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, because they're based off of the same attack spells from the RPG. They're not copying those character's moves, they're both using the same source.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 6, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

she has narukami/yosuke/yukiko/mitsuru supers as the very obvious basis for her four main special moves and both of naotos instant kill supers with different gimmicks.

she's not dural or anything but it's pretty clear of a theme
Not really, they aren't that super similar. Like it's the same elements but the moves themselves are different.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't imagine any of those three Persona are going to function anything similar to Liz's. Like she's got three different Persona (Two of which are physical based) and none of them really have anything they can take from others short of Cuchulainn with magarula.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I want a Tam Lin palette swap.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crosspostin'

S-Alpha posted:

So instead of arguing about Margaret, now you can see what she looks like in action. Ish. Plus a secret fourth persona that she's got.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh nice. So I guess her Instant Kill is Morning Star then?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably Armageddon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
According to Gematsu, the release date for the North American version of Ultimax is September 30th.

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/persona-4-arena-ultimax-release-date-set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We've known that for a while now.

• Locked thread