Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Spalec posted:

Hopefully this means there's a sequel in the works, I wanna slam people into woodchippers again.
We're all hoping. Sleeping Dogs is a really really good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Spalec posted:

Sleeping Dogs was pretty fun, I wouldn't pay $60 for it to play again though, even if it has all the DLC and a graphical upgrade. I felt like guns should have been left out, anytime you had to use them the game was less fun, the hand to hand was great and felt unique in a sandbox game, the guns didn't really add anything new I thought.

Also, totally :spergin: complaint but I hated how I'd do the leg break, everyone would :gonk: ...and then the guy would continue walking fine. You suck at breaking legs, Wei Shen!

Hopefully this means there's a sequel in the works, I wanna slam people into woodchippers again.

The gunplay was awesome if you did it right, which was chaining slow-mo headshots after a tiny bit of careful planning.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How many times do I have to buy Sleepy Dogs until they make a loving legitimate sequel? :shepspends:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Crabtree posted:

How many times do I have to buy Sleepy Dogs until they make a loving legitimate sequel? :shepspends:
It's a Square Enix title and it doesn't have "Final Fantasy" in the title, so I'd say that we are hosed in that regard..

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Spalec posted:

I want to put Tiffany's new boyfriend in a car trunk and drive to the pier and launch him in the water again.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

limaCAT posted:

I want to put Tiffany's new boyfriend in a car trunk and drive to the pier and launch him in the water again.
I managed to screw up tossing him into the trunk and instead launching him into an oncoming truck. I was quite o.k with this alternate solution.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PS4 Thread: PS3 Games........ But Better

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sylphosaurus posted:

It's a Square Enix title and it doesn't have "Final Fantasy" in the title, so I'd say that we are hosed in that regard..

You sound like you are confident about Final Fantasy XV coming out someday...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I might get Sleeping Dogs remastered when it's cheap, but I'd immediately rebuy Deus Ex Human Revolution Remastered if they released it.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Just give me 60fps Vanquish already.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Equilibrium posted:

Vanquish was 30fps? Christ, it sure felt like 60!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I might get Sleeping Dogs remastered when it's cheap, but I'd immediately rebuy Deus Ex Human Revolution Remastered if they released it.
DXHR: Remastered

Coming Winter 2014 to PS4

MSRP: $9.99

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

MZ posted:

That's not strictly true, there were a lot of HD re-releases on last-gen too. Sure, it's an easy money-spinner for developers, and costs a lot less than making a whole new game, but done right it can really show off the game as it was always intended to be, and it allows people like me who had an Xbox last-gen to play some of the best games I never got to try.

TLOU Remastered is a great example, I can't imagine playing it on a PS3 now, there are times I completely forget I'm playing a last-gen game.

I actually played about a third of TLOU on my PS3 and then gave up on it, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it a lot more on PS4. It's not about 60 fps or more pees or any of that other graphical stuff, it's about the fact that I can finally play it on a controller that isn't an absolutely atrocious abomination. Jesus Christ the dual shock 3 was terrible - I picked one of mine up again the other day and it reinforced what a massive improvement the dual shock 4 is. Prongs too tiny for anyone with regular sized hands? Check! Convex mushy sticks? Check! Triggers so loving terrible that not even first party developers were silly enough to use them as actual triggers? Check!

Finally I can just bloody enjoy the game without having to wrestle around with that poo poo!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The vastly improved loading times were also key for me with TLOU: Remastered. 60FPS is also great but the higher res graphics were just some really, really nice frosting.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I really feel like I need an Idiot's Guide to Road Not Taken. It seems like it's based around throwing things into other around the map in certain combos to cause other things to spawn, but it also seems that a lot of enemies/objects are placed around in a seemingly random fashion.

Has anyone out there got a grasp on it yet?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aishan posted:

I really feel like I need an Idiot's Guide to Road Not Taken. It seems like it's based around throwing things into other around the map in certain combos to cause other things to spawn, but it also seems that a lot of enemies/objects are placed around in a seemingly random fashion.

Has anyone out there got a grasp on it yet?

It's based around throwing things into other things around the map in certain combos to cause other things to spawn. The enemies/objects are placed around in a random fashion (although by an algorithm that should make each puzzle solvable).

Throw the children to their parents.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Equilibrium posted:

I don't really have any qualms with how it runs or looks but man I'd still shell out for a 1080p60 Vanquish

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Policenaut posted:

At the very least, these remasters are for games that are critically acclaimed. We're not seeing Fuse: Remastered or Inversion: Remastered, it's just good stuff.

I want my Dead to Rights: Retribution, Fiddy Cent, and Sonic '06 remasters. Those games were funnier than they had any right to be.

Equilibrium posted:

This too. I'm glad I won't have to get another 360 to play a good version of Bayonetta again, at least.

E: Actually, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus should have been released on the PS4 as well, because it's a shame that it doesn't run at 60 fps like the whole series up to A Crack in Time. Once I finish Challenge Mode in A Crack in Time, I'll have my first ever Platinum trophy, although the mist difficult part of the game, even on hard, was just getting the high score on the Quark arcade game.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 6, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd drop $60 on Vanquish again without thinking twice. Too bad the rest of the world wouldn't and it will probably never get a remaster or a sequel. :smith:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Some people take their graphical resolutions seriously.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/06/california-man-sues-sony-over-killzone-shadow-fall

Sony are being sued for 5 million dollars (!) for Killzone:Shadowfall not being 1080p60fps.

I didn't pay attention to the pre-release hype so I don't know if Sony actually lied/misled people but it seems....excessive. Especially as no-one noticed until months after release.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I hate how long it takes to find a multiplayer match in Last of Us sometimes. It's so bad, that waiting to play can take up the amount of time I've set aside to actually play the game. Feel free to add me to your friend list (nnavidson) and wait forever for a match with me.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Spalec posted:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/06/california-man-sues-sony-over-killzone-shadow-fall

Sony are being sued for 5 million dollars (!) for Killzone:Shadowfall not being 1080p60fps.

I didn't pay attention to the pre-release hype so I don't know if Sony actually lied/misled people but it seems....excessive. Especially as no-one noticed until months after release.

Wow, that's a shame. While it's not strictly 1080p and 60 fps, they actually do some really cool programming magic in order to get something that reasonably approximates it: https://www.killzone.com/en_GB/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

Basically, frames are half-sized, and by tracking the three latest frames, they can interpolate the other half. Pretty cool stuff if you like technical details.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spalec posted:

It's 1080p30 in SP. In MP they interlace columns so it's 1080 vertical lines of resolution but fewer than 1920 horizontally. In MP it's usually pulling between 50 and 60fps.

Where was this guy for the entire last generation?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

That loving Sned posted:

I want my Dead to Rights: Retribution, Fiddy Cent, and Sonic '06 remasters. Those games were funnier than they had any right to be.

I remember trying to play Dead To Rights: Retribution and having to stop after his dad is killed. The VA during that scene belonged in an entirely different production. Maybe it's because I saw my own father die, but the wailing just completely turned me off. It went against the cheeseball vibe I wanted.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I'd drop $60 on Vanquish again without thinking twice. Too bad the rest of the world wouldn't and it will probably never get a remaster or a sequel. :smith:

If the Platinum exclusive Xbox One game had turned out to be Vanquish 2, I would have got legitimately Upset About Video Games.

They need to step out of the Devil May Cry mould more often, because they loving showed how third person shooters were meant to be done. They need to make an FPS that puts Doom and Serious Sam to shame, or a sandbox that makes Saints Row IV look restrained.

James Woods Fan posted:

I remember trying to play Dead To Rights: Retribution and having to stop after his dad is killed. The VA during that scene belonged in an entirely different production. Maybe it's because I saw my own father die, but the wailing just completely turned me off. It went against the cheeseball vibe I wanted.

I watched Slowbeef and Diabeteus' LP of it too many times to be able to take it seriously. I haven't been through an experience like that myself, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBbDGcH53eE&t=699s

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 6, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man I love all this cross cloud save cross play poo poo that Sony has in it's ecosystem but devs or whatever need to loving simplify.

Going back and forth on Rogue Legacy the questions about what save to play off of feel like they are worded in reverse. And now I think I just borked my The Swapper save because I booted for the first time on Vita and went to Cloud Save or whatever, thinking I had to import my save and what ended up happening is it put a brand new save in the cloud slot.

Clarity, people!!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Skeezy posted:

Wei Shen motherfucker.

October seems like an odd time to jump on the remaster bandwagon given the flood of AAA titles coming out during that time period. These things are more welcome during a drought.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

J-Spot posted:

October seems like an odd time to jump on the remaster bandwagon given the flood of AAA titles coming out during that time period. These things are more welcome during a drought.

This'll mean it'll be at a sensible price during the next drought!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I must be insane - I find the PS4 analog sticks a little uncomfortable compared to the PS3's. The placement is fine and the controller overall is more ergonomic but for some reason the sticks hurt my thumbs. It's the first time I've had this problem with any controller. I think it's because my thumbs slide off them a little bit more easily compared to the 360/PS3's sticks, so I have to hold onto them more tightly which eventually results in fatigue. There doesn't seem to be all that much grip.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Skeezy posted:

Wei Shen motherfucker.

Echoing everyone else who is saying: I have played this game to death, and I'm not sure I want to rebuy it again (although in all honesty I might) but if you havent played it, you absolutely should. Not a perfect game, but a drat fun one.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Equilibrium posted:

There is nothing in this world I want more than this.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Sleeping Dogs was a fun game, but it wasn't double dipping remastered fun. I mainly played for the story, but since I have completed that, there isn't any reason to jump on it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't think I've ever bothered to replay an open world game. They're usually long enough to get burned out on and there's always a new one to try by the time I've recovered.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

The only remaster I want anymore is Red Dead Redemption.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm trying to play RDR for the first time now and the lovely framerate is making it awfully difficult to play alongside my current backlog. I'm gonna have to pull a Dark Souls 2 and only play that for a while so I don't get spoiled by other 60 fps games in the meantime.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also re: open world games: where is Fallout 4 already?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I must be insane - I find the PS4 analog sticks a little uncomfortable compared to the PS3's. The placement is fine and the controller overall is more ergonomic but for some reason the sticks hurt my thumbs. It's the first time I've had this problem with any controller. I think it's because my thumbs slide off them a little bit more easily compared to the 360/PS3's sticks, so I have to hold onto them more tightly which eventually results in fatigue. There doesn't seem to be all that much grip.

I had the same issue. A set of kontrol freek stick extenders fixed the problem for me.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah the sticks are actually my one complaint about the dual shock 4. They're heaps better than the dual shock 3 sticks for me, but I find them just a little bit too short and definitely slippery like you said. I've got some FPS Freek CQCs coming in the mail, so hopefully that fixes it:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps-freek-cqc.html

As an aside, wow that camo controller looks terrible. Hopefully they don't drop it in some long grass! :laugh:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

This, can't wait to see how they improve level design and loading with 16 times the RAM.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

monkeu posted:

Yeah the sticks are actually my one complaint about the dual shock 4. They're heaps better than the dual shock 3 sticks for me, but I find them just a little bit too short and definitely slippery like you said. I've got some FPS Freek CQCs coming in the mail, so hopefully that fixes it:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps-freek-cqc.html

As an aside, wow that camo controller looks terrible. Hopefully they don't drop it in some long grass! :laugh:

The official one is a bit better. A bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Rinkles posted:

This is more or less all I want from this generation. More fallout. There was something last year with a relevant sounding domain with a countdown on it, turned out to be some random fan hoping that the widespread fallout speculation would force bethesda to release some information. This dumb gambit did not work, shockingly enough.

• Locked thread