Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Cant wait to see all of you guys online!

I mean you say you won't buy it, but you will :getin:

Im too poor to buy a PS4 because of school. Check and mate. :smug:

please stop me from getting it for PS3 oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Im too poor to buy a PS4 because of school. Check and mate. :smug:
Same. Lame.

Furnaceface posted:

please stop me from getting it for PS3 oh god

For a low low fee of $25 (CAD) you can mail me your copy of 14 and I will send you a copy of 15 for your PS3.

It may or may not be the same game with different box art

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
@EASPORTSNHL
#NHL15Ratings The Top 5 Rated Goalies, Defenseman, and Left Wingers! o.ea.com/23801

#1 overall LW is Ovechkin

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471214

Alex Ovechkin #8
Washington Capitals Right Wing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sba posted:

@EASPORTSNHL
#NHL15Ratings The Top 5 Rated Goalies, Defenseman, and Left Wingers! o.ea.com/23801

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471214

Alex Ovechkin #8

poo poo, I forgot in spite of the caps this year he still put up 51 goals. Dude's a beast still!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hahaha I knew they would put Rinne top 5 as if the last season didn't happen.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

sba posted:

Alex Ovechkin #8
If all-star voters couldn't get it right what made you think EA would?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Pleads posted:

If all-star voters couldn't get it right what made you think EA would?

If Ovy isn't the highest ranking RW too I'm going to be mad

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

See, I would accept the humour in that, which is why it won't happen.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
you'd think ovi's 0 in def awareness would drag him down a bit

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
defense doesn't matter

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
NHL 15 goalies should be reduced to sliding back and forth on one axis like foosball goalies. Think of all the sweet dangle deke juke jive shots!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A Typical Goon posted:

If Ovy isn't the highest ranking RW too I'm going to be mad

5. Martin St. Louis
4. Patrick Kane
3. Thrill Kessel
2. Marian Hossa
1. gently caress Corey Perry

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

Why does Corey Perry look like Aemon Targaryen?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

when do we get dynamic stitching technology those cuffs on his gloves look like poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm disappointed Bill Clement won't be able to tell us about the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils in NHL 15.

I found out that that was a real commentary snippet last night.

xzzy posted:

No penalties for putting guys in the hospital?

Sign me the hell up.

Will it still call five-and-a-games for fairly innocent hits?

sba posted:

Unprecedented Player Likeness
Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking player likeness, emotion and animation. From the strides a player takes to get up the ice to the emotion on their face after scoring a game winning goal, the players are as real as they’ve ever been.

Translation:
At least 5 guys might vaguely look like their real life counterpart if you squint the right way.

I found it sad that players looked more like their real life counterparts in NHL 07 and not NHL 14.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

CBJSprague24 posted:

Will it still call five-and-a-games for fairly innocent hits?
They removed gamers pretty early on, at least in the EASHL mode. You just get a major and probably an automatic fight you can't avoid for a total of 10 minutes now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I don't know what tech the NHL team is using but their head scan technology loving sucks. It's not good and makes everyone look like a rubbery caveman facsimile of the real thing. FIFA is doing a lot better job.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

soggybagel posted:

I don't know what tech the NHL team is using but their head scan technology loving sucks. It's not good and makes everyone look like a rubbery caveman facsimile of the real thing. FIFA is doing a lot better job.

Well that explains why Taylor Hall and Phil Kessel actually looked like their real life selves. :downsrim:

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

BrokenCycle posted:

Why does Corey Perry look like Aemon Targaryen?

I saw it more as George Bush Jr.

cname fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 8, 2014

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

NHL 15's Dynamic Cloth Technology accurately reproduces the thin layer of cured white leather wrapped around the crushed orbital bones of dessicated leper Corey Perry's face. Watch as Perry's sunken cheeks realistically billow in the winds generated by thousands of uniquely rendered fans participating in "the wave".

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

eXXon posted:

NHL 15's Dynamic Cloth Technology accurately reproduces the thin layer of cured white leather wrapped around the crushed orbital bones of dessicated leper Corey Perry's face. Watch as Perry's sunken cheeks realistically billow in the winds generated by thousands of uniquely rendered fans participating in "the wave".

Please....kill.....me! :hb:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So 92 Overall means he's 92 years old? The lighting of the helmet on the players head is all sorts of hosed up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This game looks bad and the game centre thing is the only reason I'm even considering letting my Gf buy it for me. Oh, wait, I don't have a piss pour... Guess I'm not buying it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

JoelJoel posted:

I don't have a piss pour... Guess I'm not buying it.

Haha yeah you won't have to play with Cindy Crysby and Whinerik Bumqvist :xd:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, rumor going around, is there is no EASHL in NHL 15. Our mole inside EA is also on this train with us.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

O hey there Destiny you're looking pretty swell. What's that you also come out on the 9th well gosh I just might have $70 free go figure.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That it is even a rumour is hilarious. This is supposed to be the franchise's big break into next gen and their PR has been so loving minimal and miserable and I don't know if it's because it's the same lovely game and they expect everyone to buy it, or they don't want to hype it up and have it go all Sim City with a bunch of people demanding refunds for unfinished garbage.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

EA NHL's big breaks through into next gen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvDOJGdZaPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMs18tMj3aM

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
They also made the decision not to release a public demo for Madden 15. If you're subscribed to EA Access, you'll get the demo (I think this only applies to the XBONE though).
I really don't get how this company makes money with their decisions.

VVV Oh, I misread it. You're right:

"There will be no public demo for Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 release, only early access for Xbox One owners subscribing to EA Access, an EA spokesperson told IGN"

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 12, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kragger99 posted:

They also made the decision not to release a public demo for Madden 15. If you're subscribed to EA Access, you'll get the demo (I think this only applies to the XBONE though).
I really don't get how this company makes money with their decisions.

EA Access = full game only. No demo. It's literally the same exact thing as EA Season Ticket, just for Xbox One only.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 12, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

That it is even a rumour is hilarious. This is supposed to be the franchise's big break into next gen and their PR has been so loving minimal and miserable and I don't know if it's because it's the same lovely game and they expect everyone to buy it, or they don't want to hype it up and have it go all Sim City with a bunch of people demanding refunds for unfinished garbage.

Here I did a press release for you:

"We here at EA games basically want to come up with some pseudo cell phone bill-esque pricing plan sooooooooooo goddamn bad p.s. we don't want you to have physical copies either. Please give us all your :homebrew: before we actually deliver a product cause then we won't care if you hate it."

Edit: "to"

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 12, 2014

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
#FireRammer

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A nicely written article about the situation:

https://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/12/concern-grows-over-possible-eashl-omission-from-nhl-15-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Looks like I don't have to buy a new console either. My wallet thanks you EASports

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Just beautiful if true.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

New for NHL 16: revolutionary 12 player multiplayer!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Anders posted:

Looks like I don't have to buy a new console either. My wallet thanks you EASports

Yup. No GM connected mode either. So you spend $70 on a glorified arcade game. Nice.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I went in to pre-order this turd on the weekend, but wanted to get the Ultimate Edition (yes, I'm a dumbass), but they didn't seem to be able to allow me to pre-order that version, so I didn't (thankfully).
I rarely play EASHL, but the fact they might be omitting it (and GM mode?) is ridiculous.
I hope it gets trashed for this in the reviews so that next years case doesn't have all those "awards" pasted all over it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We hate features. Take out everything but off line 1v1 with 93 controls.

Also, make menus load even slower. Like, it only takes me like 4 mins to access an individual player's stats. Rammer, if anyone can get that up to an even 6, it's you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Which means that every useful feature that was added in the last 7 years has been removed and will be slowly added back into the game as 'new features' over the next 3 or 4 iterations.

Don't mind me, just quotin' myself from May.

• Locked thread