Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

tvtropes won years ago, hence all the shipping bullshit in the first two books. Now it's metastasized, no longer mere slashfiction - it's fanwank given form.

nothing remains

At any rate, wouldn't this move cause instant and very possibly fatal lung collapse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What if its from the stomach instead

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Jackard posted:

It's a very elaborate fart joke. That's all the air from her colon, which is why he went to the trouble of wrapping it around her head instead of just sucking it out.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jackard posted:

It looks worse than it actually is, he's just extracting the mother of all air embolisms from her blood. He actually saved her life.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
So many spoiler tags.. Must resist.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Babygravy posted:

So many spoiler tags.. Must resist.

It's even directly relevant to a post you made!

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Rexides posted:

The premise does not leave much space for people who can kick the ground so hard that can make rocks fly or making fireballs using sweet kung fu moves, would definitely not watch.

Am I the only person who enjoys the show as a western take on Wuxia?

I agree with you. The whole point of fantasy is the fantasy stuff. You could make House of Cards in the Avatar-verse but what's the point when you can have it in regular world? I like the stuff with the bending and the spirits and junk. I wanna see people make protective ice domes around themselves and fire icicles at a guy riding a goat ox then astrally projecting a message to a caterpillar spirit or whatever. I mean a good story and characters are also important and fun to watch but if the fantasy setting is literally just a different background for boring real life poo poo then it's no fun. Benders gotta bend.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

BrianWilly posted:

uMMMmmm speaking of more violent forms of bending...

BIG SPOILER GIF

Everyone joked about it, but it's actually happening. :unsmigghh: Even with season 1 ending with a murder/suicide, I'm still shocked that they went there.

All three of the BIG SPOILER gifs here.
Ba Sing Se is hosed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It is within the realm of possibility that I may not have been serious and possibly even joking when I posted about "Mature Avatar". :ssh:

Of course elemental kung fu is cool! It is also juvenile and silly, and fun to see. That's why I'm watching the show!

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

It is within the realm of possibility that I may not have been serious and possibly even joking when I posted about "Mature Avatar". :ssh:

Of course elemental kung fu is cool! It is also juvenile and silly, and fun to see. That's why I'm watching the show!

This is all your fault!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hahaha. I don't even know any more. Like, I hope the rest of the episode keeps up with the quality of this season, but that gif is pretty ridiculous.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
So are these BIG SPOILER GIFS big spoilers or big gifs of minor spoilers?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haha that spoiler gif is amazing.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Metropolis posted:

So are these BIG SPOILER GIFS big spoilers or big gifs of minor spoilers?

It could be either depending on what happens immediately after the scene it depicts.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AshB posted:

It could be either depending on what happens immediately after the scene it depicts.

Korra kicks the door in and bends the air back into her lungs. Zaheer hangs his head in shame, defeated.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

AshB posted:

Thanks, I'll ignore these until I give in to temptation tomorrow afternoon

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alright, now I'm waiting for a gif of Mingwa instantly desiccating a dude.

:getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah uh, turns out Nick's incompetence goes a little further than just a gif:

Zaheer for the People posted:

Attention citizens of the Legend of Korra fandom: I have an important announcement to make. Moments ago Nickelodeon’s episode was liberated at the hands of visionaries, including myself. I’m not going to tell you my name, because my identity’s not important. I’m not here to disseminate ever-more-spoilery content at the expense of the fandom.

I think you’ve had enough of Nickelodeon spoiling 310 for you. It’s time for you to find your own path to the episode. No longer will you be denigrated by inept studios. From now on, you are free! I deliver 310 back into the hands of the people!

For those of you who don't want to risk checking spoiler tags, episode 10's been leaked online.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 7, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How does this keep happening?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'm surprised you're surprised.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Nickelodeon is basically the cabbage man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genocyber posted:

I'm surprised you're surprised.

Well, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me... what is this, ten times now? I'd figure even the most inept company would have puzzled it out by now

Oh Snapple! posted:

Nickelodeon is basically the cabbage man.

Oh poo poo, all is explained.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I like how tumblrites are reblogging the guy's post with the leak expressing their dislike, since that's kinda counter-intuitive.

quote:

no one loving watch it so disrespectful

quote:

I’d prefer it not be liberated. I would prefer not being spoiled at all and this makes it a hell of a lot worse.

http://zaheerforthepeople.tumblr.com/post/94040189523/i-dont-believe-in-nickelodeon

Is the tumblr post if anyone wants to know.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 7, 2014

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So that gif was pretty much the Earth Queen getting iced, yeah. It's actually worse than that gif made it look, too, her eyes get bloodshot from the oxygen deprivation. :nms:
Ghazan seems like a pretty alright guy aside from wanting to throw the entire world into chaos. And I wish Korra got the message Zaheer gave Bolin and Mako before the end of the episode :negative:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 7, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

drat that episode was good.

Also yeah the Earth Queen actually loving died. Probably the most violent death aside from the murder-suicide in season 1 (actually, how many confirmed deaths have there even been in Avatar as a whole?). Zaheer means business.

Love how Ghazan was being all buddy-buddy with Bolin for a bit there. Gives him a bit more personality.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Friday cannot come soon enough, and this thread will be full of :tviv:

e: to clarify, I only saw the one .gif

Four Score fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 7, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Zaheer loving owns. Like, he should be the hero, quite frankly. Busting down the walls with lavabending was great. And the vacuum-bending was brutal and kickin' rad. What a great episode.

Man it's gonna be disappointing when the Red Lotus lose.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Man I sure am sad that after the Dai Li lose the Queen and a squad of dudes they can't take out some peasants. Remember when they were awesome?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Xun posted:

Man I sure am sad that after the Dai Li lose the Queen and a squad of dudes they can't take out some peasants. Remember when they were awesome?
According to some stuff I read on a Nickelodeon website, the Dai Li were created specifically to stop this sort of thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If the Red Lotus are taking down governments, that means they're gonna go after Tonraq and Zuko's daughter. Could this mean the return of Irohn Man?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

hiddenriverninja posted:

If the Red Lotus are taking down governments, that means they're gonna go after Tonraq and Zuko's daughter. Could this mean the return of Irohn Man?

I want to see him and old man Zuko in the same scene together, for some Dante Basco weirdness.

Yes yes, I know he doesn't voice old man Zuko but still.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
It occurs to me that the walls of Ba Sing Se aren't worth much if they can be taken down with just a few earthbenders.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Baron Bifford posted:

It occurs to me that the walls of Ba Sing Se aren't worth much if they can be taken down with just a few earthbenders.

They were created to keep out the Firebenders, nobody really assumed at the time that earthbenders would attack one of their own cities.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Every country has traitors willing to sell out their own people for a quick buck, and the Fire Nation would only have needed to find a few of them.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Baron Bifford posted:

Every country has traitors willing to sell out their own people for a quick buck, and the Fire Nation would only have needed to find a few of them.

Which is exactly what Azula did

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

thexerox123 posted:

It's even directly relevant to a post you made!

Aaaaaarg fine I'll do it

...dammit now I regret doing it.

At least I get a new episode in two days

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Babygravy posted:

Aaaaaarg fine I'll do it

...dammit now I regret doing it.

At least I get a new episode in two days

Some of the spoilers are to it leaked and it would be tomorrow even if it hadn't

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fried Chicken posted:

Which is exactly what Azula did
I know. I'm surprised the Fire Nation didn't do it sooner. It's so much simpler than that big drill.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has anyone been able to find word of where these will end up online? Will they just be on nick's site? I haven't found any info about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Baron Bifford posted:

I know. I'm surprised the Fire Nation didn't do it sooner. It's so much simpler than that big drill.

Well, presumably it wouldn't have been that easy with the entire earth nation army on the outer wall. When the Dai Li took it down, they had no opposition at all. Here, it was the inner wall and lavabending besides, so even if anyone was there to oppose him, they probably wouldn't even know how. It's like how in the old series, when Toph learned how to metalbend, most everyone was helpless against her because they simply had no idea how to fight her.

• Locked thread