Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

You can do the same thing with birds. And I've done 300k/hr at worms and 375 with birds.

Good for you. Worms have a high afk rate on our server. I average 250k/hour on worms. I am currently averaging 370k/hour on raptors. It would easily be 400k/hour, if those dumdums kept the pull to no more than 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
10 years (give or take a few months) after creating my account, and slightly less time than that since creating this character, as of last night I finally have my first level 75 job. I let off the "Petals of Recollection" fireworks in celebration :shobon:

Now to grind out the other 24 levels (plus associated Merit Points for the caps)...

arkma
May 30, 2001
Anybody who keeps up with this thread but doesn't with the ffxiah forums, do your self a favor and check out this masterpiece: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43560/sell-me-your-high-purity-bayld/

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

arkma posted:

Anybody who keeps up with this thread but doesn't with the ffxiah forums, do your self a favor and check out this masterpiece: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43560/sell-me-your-high-purity-bayld/

I better start farming bayld on Jew and Mule to take advantage of Jadey's generous wrestlemania offers.

Paws for Help
Dec 22, 2002

I'll be cross w/ u if you cuss.
I read the OP. Are goons friendly on this game? I was hoping to play with friends. Is this possible?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paws for Help posted:

I read the OP. Are goons friendly on this game? I was hoping to play with friends. Is this possible?

goon pearl is mostly dead. a few failed revivals and people scattering killed it. but if you have a friend enjoying the game, it's a big boost to play with them.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paws for Help posted:

We are friendly. This game is not EVE online, we do not have to worry about spies. Just be careful of Frodnon, when he gets drunk he gets very handsy.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

arkma posted:

What's he getting at the end of this? Final phase of empy relic?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Holyshoot posted:

What's he getting at the end of this? Final phase of empy relic?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21070/idris

I still need about 3800.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
You need to clear out your inventory. Drop some of that poo poo! :downs:

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

Whoa! :wth: Is that real??

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ZWZ posted:

Whoa! :wth: Is that real??

Knowing who that actually is, yes. The items are real. The only debatable question is how iligitimately he got them, and wether or not his account was hacked.

Count is 15 mythics, the glanfaust is afterglowed, if not more of them.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

How the gently caress do you even do that? Who is that?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Knowing who that actually is, yes. The items are real. The only debatable question is how iligitimately he got them, and wether or not his account was hacked.

Count is 15 mythics, the glanfaust is afterglowed, if not more of them.

Is that the same guy on quetz who has two veres with afterglow?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Is that the same guy on quetz who has two veres with afterglow?

Nope, he's on fenrir. And pretty loving easy to track down, the linkshell name is partially there, and there aren't a whole hell of alot of people who own some of those mythics.

Personal speculation is he is quitting or was hacked. Knowing what he had (aside from the rem pictured), he was super-insane rich. I don't doubt that he could have capped gil on all 15 characters of an account. He's the guy i got my marrows from, so i know him sorta personally, but atm i'm having a hard time contacting him.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Yukari posted:

How the gently caress do you even do that? Who is that?

Play from the start and never stop? You'd think someone with that crazy amount of stuff would make drat sure his account was safe if he was hacked.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

No Idris/Epeolatry, 4/10.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Actually, that's something I'm curious about : are the SE account authenticators global now? Would the one I got with my Realm Reborn CE work with an XI account?

If so, there really isn't much of a reason not to have two-factor authentication at this point. The phone version is totally free, even.

edit: wtf is going on with that colon

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Nope, he's on fenrir. And pretty loving easy to track down, the linkshell name is partially there, and there aren't a whole hell of alot of people who own some of those mythics.

Personal speculation is he is quitting or was hacked. Knowing what he had (aside from the rem pictured), he was super-insane rich. I don't doubt that he could have capped gil on all 15 characters of an account. He's the guy i got my marrows from, so i know him sorta personally, but atm i'm having a hard time contacting him.

Even if he got those from cheating, it is still impressive.

SpaceDrake posted:

Actually, that's something I'm curious about : are the SE account authenticators global now? Would the one I got with my Realm Reborn CE work with an XI account?

If so, there really isn't much of a reason not to have two-factor authentication at this point. The phone version is totally free, even.

edit: wtf is going on with that colon

If it works for logging in your SE account, it should work for ffxi.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Thats over 2 years of never missing assault tags just for the assault portion. Doesn't even count the NI portion. That's some dedication right there.
450,000 Alexander too.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
So, back in the earlier part of the thread there was talk over whether Neo Nyzul Isle was doable with one or two people, with the general conclusion seeming to be that it wasn't. However, what about the regular Nyzul Isle? What would be the earliest point at which two people (say, a 86 THF/DNC in Aurore gear and a WHM/SCH who is somewhere between 91-95 depending on how much he did last night after the THF logged off but is still only in his AF gear) could expect to make reasonable progress in a reasonable amount of time? Obviously, "when you're level 99 and wearing your iLvl 117 spark gear", but I was wondering if it's worth bothering with before then?

I'm mainly interested in getting my Swordbreaker so I can start on getting Mandalic Stab.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 6, 2014

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Copycat Zero posted:

So, back in the earlier part of the thread there was talk over whether Neo Nyzul Isle was doable with one or two people, with the general conclusion seeming to be that it wasn't. However, what about the regular Nyzul Isle? What would be the earliest point at which two people (say, a 86 THF/DNC in Aurore gear and a WHM/SCH who is somewhere between 91-95 depending on how much he did last night after the THF logged off but is still only in his AF gear) could expect to make reasonable progress in a reasonable amount of time? Obviously, "when you're level 99 and wearing your iLvl 117 spark gear", but I was wondering if it's worth bothering with before then?

I'm mainly interested in getting my Swordbreaker so I can start on getting Mandalic Stab.

Together you should do ok, and probably be able to progress in 5 floor increments. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the event. Cupping it would be a big help too. Unlike NNI, regular nyzul isle isn't nearly as gruelling

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
The problem with Nyzul wouldn't so much be two people having trouble advancing cause of enemies or time, you just mainly run the risk of getting jammed up by a lamps floor that requires more than two people to hit lamps at the same time

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

The problem with Nyzul wouldn't so much be two people having trouble advancing cause of enemies or time, you just mainly run the risk of getting jammed up by a lamps floor that requires more than two people to hit lamps at the same time

There's enough wiggle room for a thief to flee and hit 2-3 lamps solo.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

frodnonnag posted:

Together you should do ok, and probably be able to progress in 5 floor increments. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the event. Cupping it would be a big help too. Unlike NNI, regular nyzul isle isn't nearly as gruelling

Cool, thanks.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

There's enough wiggle room for a thief to flee and hit 2-3 lamps solo.

Or two people cupping it, like The Flash, speedy and through walls.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Thats over 2 years of never missing assault tags just for the assault portion. Doesn't even count the NI portion. That's some dedication right there.
450,000 Alexander too.

There is/was a plugin that gave you infinite assault tags, coupled with all seeing eye, i could see getting most/all assaults done in a couple hours.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 7, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I was taking a break from this for awhile but decided to go try farming Azdaja horns yesterday to see how it'd go solo and it was.. not that great. I spent about 30 mins capping Amber light before I finally got a gold chest with the KI I needed to pop Azdaja. Fighting him wasn't really that bad on thf but I only got one horn from him and then spent the remaining amount of time I had trying to get another KI before I gave up for the day. Maybe people over exaggerated how easy this step was or they never tried soloing it but even though I'm getting so close to finishing Ochain this still is kinda killing my motivation. Anyone have some tips that could possibly make this a bit easier if I try to solo again?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Condiv posted:

I was taking a break from this for awhile but decided to go try farming Azdaja horns yesterday to see how it'd go solo and it was.. not that great. I spent about 30 mins capping Amber light before I finally got a gold chest with the KI I needed to pop Azdaja. Fighting him wasn't really that bad on thf but I only got one horn from him and then spent the remaining amount of time I had trying to get another KI before I gave up for the day. Maybe people over exaggerated how easy this step was or they never tried soloing it but even though I'm getting so close to finishing Ochain this still is kinda killing my motivation. Anyone have some tips that could possibly make this a bit easier if I try to solo again?

I would try and get some help. Gaspode(THF) and I(NIN) trio'd this with a dual box healer and I did all my horns in 2 days. Killing the NM for the KI is WAY faster than farming it through chests. We had it down to a perfect kill Deelgeed, Pop Azdaja, and be ready for the next Deelgeed pop. 10 minute cycles, and it worked really well.
We didn't even both with lights and just took a few minute breather every 2 hours so we didn't burn out, retimed and went back at it.

Solo that might not be possible because of petrify, but if you can get a healer you'll be golden.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
The reason why the horns are so much easier is because HOLY poo poo SOULS.

I actually farmed up all of my horns before I even started on the souls phase because I knew I wanted to finish the shield, but also knew that without some sort of motivator, the souls phase would break me. Killing deelgeed on NIN was super easy, and even the petrify wasn't much of a threat with some decent evasion. Being able to proc red and then going straight to the dragon and burning it as fast as I could without caring about proccing or treasure hunter only took me 2 weekends to finish all the horns. Deelgeed respawns in like 10-15 minutes, almost exactly as much time as I needed to kill the dragon each time. I'm not sure where you're fighting it, but there's a little cave off ot the side right by it's spawns that pouts you out of aggro range of all the skeletons which is very helpful.

It's also worth noting that the dispel does remove all your cruor status buffs, but does not remove atmas, and at higher gear levels the atmas are giving you a much bigger bonus than just the flat status boosts and % health (ninja is getting like 6 ranks of HP+ in the next patch I think anyways). The additional effect: curse is pretty much the only danger of that whole fight and you can mostly ignore it by just keeping up shadows or carrying some holy waters if you want to be extra safe. If you've got i115 or better you'll be getting hit by the -ga spells for only a couple hundred when you're unlucky, but temps should be able to handle that no problem, and there's a martello nearby for when you're done.

This is all probably even easier now since they unlocked the emperyan weaponskill and actually added in some new 115/119 katanas that you can enchant for a better offhand than the twilight knife I used.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Souls were definitely awful. I ended up buying around half of mine because it was so bad. Seems a bit better now without the competition, but in Abyssea days it was extra stupid.

Abyssite NMs are one of the worst systems SE has ever come up with.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Souls were definitely awful. I ended up buying around half of mine because it was so bad. Seems a bit better now without the competition, but in Abyssea days it was extra stupid.

Came back to wanting to play bard and then realized how awful it would be to get empy +3 gear. Without help abysea is awful

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Uleugrand was pretty much empty because everyone was scared of the final tidal wave (which admittedly got rocky sometimes), but it 1-shot me once or twice, and with auto reraise it was easy to stand back up and whack the thing (it's at 1HP) before it could despawn. There were days when I could actually farm 20+ souls if I got lucky, but there were also a couple days where I'd be lucky to get 5-10. They definitely changed the respawn on the t3 vNMs to be 10-15 minutes which was a godsend, because going into it I thought I was going to have to wait an hour to even fight the thing. They were also way easier than the dragon because I could use /DNC without losing out on the ability to get the key items (colors don't give a gently caress about anything), so that was nice as well. I did a couple Brulos (total pushover) and a handful of the Diabolos fights at the very end just to speed things up, but the terror spam and sleep/dot was pretty rough at times.

Holyshoot posted:

Came back to wanting to play bard and then realized how awful it would be to get empy +3 gear. Without help abysea is awful

There's a charity flute now that gives you an extra song that's piss easy to get. You'd probably die before you got the +2 extra songs duradbla these days anyways. At least the shield still has something useful and unique going for it right off the bat.

Male of the Century fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 7, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Since I'm most likely going to be soloing my horns almost entirely (rip goon shell and the only social LS I found while playing a few months back is dead now too) I'll probably be stuck with /dnc for healing. The single fight I did on Thf did get a bit hairy sometimes as I fought him at his spawn point and had some skeletons but he only ever landed petrification once and honestly it was his spike flails that ever did any amount of damage. I know of a few people that were willing to help me as mercs for the horns but I'm trying to avoid spending much of any more gil on this as I honestly could be using it elsewhere.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Brd is easier to gear nowadays, you can make do with the +2 relic armor versions of body, legs and feet. For Soul Voice, Nightingale, Troubador augments. The eminent flute has +2 to all songs, it costs sparks. The Terpander is a cheap version of the Daurdabla. It only adds one song and has no added bonus stuff like the Daurdabla. It also can not be upgraded to have 2 extra songs. The eminent flute and Terpander will hold you over till you can farm enough to get a Gjhallarhorn and Darudabla.

For armor, you want to try to get the empy armor +2'd, but can get away with it being +1'd. The empy armor that you will use the most are the head, body and legs. You can get away with not having the hands or feet. I would not recommend it, but you can do it if you really are lazy.

Abyssea is easy nowadays with all the ilvl 115 and 117, and even some 119 gear getting easier and easier to get. Just level thf to 99 and dnc to 49 and you can easily solo most of abyssea. You will have some difficulty getting yellow procs, you can either ask in the ls for yellow proc help or shout for yellow proc help. Someone is bound to take pity on you and help you out.

A bard's main job is to buff their teammates, you are also really good at debuffing mobs. Sometimes even singing them to sleep. You need decent magic accuracy for that if the difficulty is on d or vd. Chr and Magic Accuracy both increase a bard magic accuracy with songs. Magic Finale, the two Elegys, and Pinning Nocturne also help if you can land them. Between buffing, curing status ailments, and debuffing, you should never be bored. Sometimes you are even asked to haste people, make sure to have some refresh gear and sing ballads on yourself.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gruknor posted:

Brd is easier to gear nowadays, you can make do with the +2 relic armor versions of body, legs and feet. For Soul Voice, Nightingale, Troubador augments. The eminent flute has +2 to all songs, it costs sparks. The Terpander is a cheap version of the Daurdabla. It only adds one song and has no added bonus stuff like the Daurdabla. It also can not be upgraded to have 2 extra songs. The eminent flute and Terpander will hold you over till you can farm enough to get a Gjhallarhorn and Darudabla.

For armor, you want to try to get the empy armor +2'd, but can get away with it being +1'd. The empy armor that you will use the most are the head, body and legs. You can get away with not having the hands or feet. I would not recommend it, but you can do it if you really are lazy.

Abyssea is easy nowadays with all the ilvl 115 and 117, and even some 119 gear getting easier and easier to get. Just level thf to 99 and dnc to 49 and you can easily solo most of abyssea. You will have some difficulty getting yellow procs, you can either ask in the ls for yellow proc help or shout for yellow proc help. Someone is bound to take pity on you and help you out.

A bard's main job is to buff their teammates, you are also really good at debuffing mobs. Sometimes even singing them to sleep. You need decent magic accuracy for that if the difficulty is on d or vd. Chr and Magic Accuracy both increase a bard magic accuracy with songs. Magic Finale, the two Elegys, and Pinning Nocturne also help if you can land them. Between buffing, curing status ailments, and debuffing, you should never be bored. Sometimes you are even asked to haste people, make sure to have some refresh gear and sing ballads on yourself.

Ya I was meaning +2 empy gear. And I tried camping those vnms ( as they seemed the easiest to get the items from) and they were just a giant pain in the dick. And I did have thf99/dnc49 still super time consuming for little effort to get anywhere it seemed.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Ya I was meaning +2 empy gear. And I tried camping those vnms ( as they seemed the easiest to get the items from) and they were just a giant pain in the dick. And I did have thf99/dnc49 still super time consuming for little effort to get anywhere it seemed.

+2 empy gear is easy, you just need someone to yellow proc. Procing yellow on mobs makes it so that they have a better chance to drop +2 items. If you want to solo abyssea, level blu and get all the blu abyssea proc spells. Or just level thf, sub dnc, and get a friend to proc yellow. Easy peasy. Just do some shouts in jeuno and maybe someone will take pity on you. Or maybe a guildy will be on that can help you.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Improving the Community (8/7)
Here is an update on our work to try to improve the community of the game.
First, we are trying to make it possible to that players can equip two linkshells at once. We also want to add an NPC that can be given a linkpearl, which can then be given to another player.
Equipping two linkshells means there will be a new chat channel, so this may be somewhat difficult to accomplish, but we hope that we can deliver this by the September update.
I will let you know details on the forum as soon as they're available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Found the dude who was probably linked in the screen shots maybe?

http://www.playerauctions.com/offer/3-delve-boss-ki-20x-jobs99-6-relics-5x99-1x75-9-empyreans-90-100m-gil-original-owner-98216781/