Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By the way one of the few FPSes I played before 2009 was UT2K4 as a wee lad and that was long before I even knew what quake was. So I don't think it's a lack of nostalgia or whatever and I even think Quake 3 single player would be improved by the "Career mode" that UT had since even now I'd rather play 2k4 single player than a quake bot match or even most other FPSes single player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

True but that's because Quake's a lot better. :coolfish: I don't actually hate UT but I don't think it's nearly as good and it's a similar enough game that playing it just reminds me I'd rather play Quake.

Play everything to earn maximum game points you can redeem on products like the limited release baha blast!

Also, I slept with your wife. What's that? She's dead?!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wake me up when wormskull has sex with a girl and doesn't tism out about people playing games he doesn't like or whatever he's on about this week. loving :laffo:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

No but in 2007-2009 anyone with a Stupid Newbie avatar was hilarious.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BigT was chief among them. I wonder what trouble he's gotten into lately.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wormskull posted:

BigT was chief among them. I wonder what trouble he's gotten into lately.

Shut the gently caress up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

simsense cumshots posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm definitely the guy with the pejorative spectrum disorder for disliking a game, rather than the guy who can't handle my distaste in particular and makes a big spectacle of it wherever he can.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I'm definitely the guy with the pejorative spectrum disorder for disliking a game, rather than the guy who can't handle my distaste in particular and makes a big spectacle of it wherever he can.

No one has a problem with you not liking something. It's how you go expressing that distaste. We get you don't like it as you've told us numerous times. Seriously just relax and play something if its what you want to play. We get around to all types of games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

No one has a problem with you not liking something. It's how you go expressing that distaste. We get you don't like it as you've told us numerous times. Seriously just relax and play something if its what you want to play. We get around to all types of games.

Shut up dude I'm trying to make the guy feel stupid for chasing me around when I'm just lightly poking fun at the game he likes in, God forbid, the forum for flaming video games. Your ruining it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Quoting incase of edit.

Wormskull posted:

Shut up dude I'm trying to make the guy feel stupid for chasing me around when I'm just lightly poking fun at the game he likes in, God forbid, the forum for flaming video games. Your ruining it.

*wakes up at the crack of dawn* man let me see whats going on in the imp zone, what wormskull doesn't like UT let me post about it all over the impzone. oh wait i'm just making fun of you ITT for being the guy who literally joins a IMP ZONE GAMING SESSION to bitch the whole time about the game.

Lighten up though I'm just poking fun at you though. For being a loving sperglord lol.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 7, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My point is you're becoming that guy and soon I'll refer to you as cantstandya. Don't be that guy. I will continue to play quake with you if that makes you happy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quoting incase of edit.

Have at it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kazvall posted:

Just Chillax. This is the BYOB of Games, where we all just chill and try not to hurt someone's feelings when they admit that their favorite game is some anime dating simulator.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kazvall posted:

My point is you're becoming that guy and soon I'll refer to you as cantstandya. Don't be that guy. I will continue to play quake with you if that makes you happy.

Lets play quake live.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wha-.. this guy said UT2K sucks? How. Why? Oh lord please deliver me from my hurt feelings. He's beocming "that guy" by having an objective taste and delivering his opinion in a calm and clear manner, while I freak out. On dear sweet jesus why is my life so poo poo?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

wha-.. this guy said UT2K sucks? How. Why? Oh lord please deliver me from my hurt feelings. He's beocming "that guy" by having an objective taste and delivering his opinion in a calm and clear manner, while I freak out. On dear sweet jesus why is my life so poo poo?

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

This is a quality post.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That aside I have directed my more inflammatory UT hatred to other threads than this one since I know this is supposed to be chill. But... Hating UT, it's just part of who I am. I'm a quake supremacist. Dramatic music builds up slowly. Is that such a bad thing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wormskull posted:

That aside I have directed my more inflammatory UT hatred to other threads than this one since I know this is supposed to be chill. But... Hating UT, it's just part of who I am. I'm a quake supremacist. Dramatic music builds up slowly. Is that such a bad thing.
D, please continue spreading the gospel of quake supremacy all over the impzone but pls remember to be chill when gaming with imp crew tia. All love no hate. Great talk friend.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wait. So, is my love hina dating sim obsession a bad thing now? It helps me achieve max coolin' all after school.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kazvall posted:

Wait. So, is my love hina dating sim obsession a bad thing now? It helps me achieve max coolin' all after school.

This is hilariously ironic. Boy, do I have the forum for you!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I wonder if anyone has ever posted an E/N after their e-girlfriend broke up with them in a dating sim.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

This is hilariously ironic. Boy, do I have the forum for you!

Is it a medical forum where I can post about my semen problem? I cum wintergreen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wonder if anyone has ever posted an E/N after their e-girlfriend broke up with them in a dating sim.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, though gilded with "irony", on badgame.net. In fact as I recall there are 2 or 3 megathreads more or less dedicated to the topic.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, though gilded with "irony", on badgame.net. In fact as I recall there are 2 or 3 megathreads more or less dedicated to the topic.

This I have to see.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Guys, I miss LAN cafes. Do those exist anymore?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I seen em in my town. And that's where a lot of former soviets play Quake IIRC.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I seen em in my town. And that's where a lot of former soviets play Quake IIRC.

Hahah, this is amazing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I guess technically those guys play in things called "Internet Cafes" which isn't the same (?). Though when I was in 9th grade which was only a few years ago people were talking about playing CS at a place called LAN Minez. It might be gone now though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Same thing really. I guess internet cafes are LAN cafes without the games and they're like a mini Starbucks.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
gas the thread and make a new one, nothing can redeem the shame of the last 2 pages

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Most of the "Internet Cafes" around me are overflowing with scumbags who play video poker or something like that. It blows my mind that they exist in 2014 since Internet access is a household thing these days.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bloodmobile posted:

gas the thread and make a new one, nothing can redeem the shame of the last 2 pages

stfu, this is a chill zone. the only shame here is you're undying negativity.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

I agree. Being proud to like Unreal tournament in the face of the facts is despicable and neanderthalic.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

metricchip posted:

Most of the "Internet Cafes" around me are overflowing with scumbags who play video poker or something like that. It blows my mind that they exist in 2014 since Internet access is a household thing these days.

I thought internet cafes were the place asian kids went to play LoL lol.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got so heated before I italicized something. This shame will never wash off.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Wake me up when wormskull has sex with a girl and doesn't tism out about people playing games he doesn't like or whatever he's on about this week. loving :laffo:

*becomes Tim Allen* ARRRUGH!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEb9-UELV4