Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

d00gZ posted:

Loki's fine. Original Sin: Thor & Loki is literally the second arc of Loki.

If I had known that I probably would have picked it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

If I had known that I probably would have picked it up!

Thor & Loki's been OK, but I'd really prefer we just get back to Loki. Though I did like seeing the I am the crime that shall not be forgiven! thing in this art style. :allears:

Question about Thor & Loki 3: What the gently caress does "shall I be mother?" mean?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Starlin and all but Infinity Revelation was a big kick in the nuts. It should have been called "Thanos and Adam Warlock kick back and smoke a joint".

Other thoughts:
Hawkeye made me cry
Rocket Raccoon made me laugh
New Avengers made me want to slap the poo poo out of Reed Richards.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Thor & Loki's been OK, but I'd really prefer we just get back to Loki. Though I did like seeing the I am the crime that shall not be forgiven! thing in this art style. :allears:

Question about Thor & Loki 3: What the gently caress does "shall I be mother?" mean?

The "crime that shall not be forgiven" thing is getting real close to "red on my ledger".
Shall I be mother is british slang for basically asking "want me to pour / serve food?".

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Vincent posted:

The "crime that shall not be forgiven" thing is getting real close to "red on my ledger".
Shall I be mother is british slang for basically asking "want me to pour / serve food?".

I'm not quiiiiite at that point yet. I dunno, screaming kid Loki remains hilarious to me. Even though I'm pretty sure it's not intended as funny. So, there's that.

And that's ... okay. That's weird slang, but sure. It felt like it was supposed to be important somehow, but ... :psyduck: Thanks for the explanation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

coconono posted:

I love Starlin and all but Infinity Revelation was a big kick in the nuts. It should have been called "Thanos and Adam Warlock kick back and smoke a joint".

Is it worth a read?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it worth a read?

If you like Starlin absolutely. It's pure Starlin through and through. And to me that is a great, great thing.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it worth a read?

I personally enjoyed it, but I have a soft spot for Thanos/Adam Warlock stories, especially when they are done by Starlin.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tavarin posted:

I personally enjoyed it, but I have a soft spot for Thanos/Adam Warlock stories, especially when they are done by Starlin.

I just read the Magus saga and it was seriously one of the most insane things and I loved every second of it. Looks like I will give this a try.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

I just read the Magus saga and it was seriously one of the most insane things and I loved every second of it. Looks like I will give this a try.

Is that the "Warlock by Jim Starlin" TPB that was released earlier this year? I was thinking about trying that one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

Is that the "Warlock by Jim Starlin" TPB that was released earlier this year? I was thinking about trying that one.

Yes. It is absolutely batshit insane. It is Starlin at his purest.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Infinity Revelation is amazing. Starlin is just so out there and wacky; it's awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it worth a read?

You don't so much as read it as you experience it, man. :420: Grab it on sale or when it hits unlimited.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just finished Whedon's X-Men run for the first time. I remember buying the first few issues off the stands when I was like 14, but never really sat down to read the whole thing until now.

Holy poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Unmature posted:

Just finished Whedon's X-Men run for the first time. I remember buying the first few issues off the stands when I was like 14, but never really sat down to read the whole thing until now.

Holy poo poo.

By my math, that'd make you 16.

Wait... poo poo.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

By my math, that'd make you 16.

Wait... poo poo.

Look around you, old man!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Unmature posted:

Look around you, old man!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know if All New Ghost Rider is going to get a TPB? I want to read it because it looks awesome but I can't find back issues around here.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

SalTheBard posted:

Does anyone know if All New Ghost Rider is going to get a TPB? I want to read it because it looks awesome but I can't find back issues around here.

It's a Marvel book. It's going to get a TPB.

(It's due out in October)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

It's a Marvel book. It's going to get a TPB.

(It's due out in October)

Awesome thanks!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's a shame Moore left with the end of issue 5. Damion Scott's the new regular artist but I have no clue how his art looks nowadays.

ANGR is loving great if you want a comic about dudes getting wrecked though. It's like Final Fight or Streets of Rage in comic book form.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Suben posted:

ANGR is loving great if you want a comic about dudes getting wrecked though. It's like Final Fight or Streets of Rage in comic book form.

Here's a curious piece of trivia: when he was starting out in comics, Mark Millar wrote a strip adapting Streets of Rage adaptation in Sonic the Comic, which ends when with one of the heroes kicking the bad guy into a nearby vat of molten iron.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Suben posted:

I like the initials of the book.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The panel thread got me into Marvel Adventures Spider Man. Are any other MA series any good?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MA Avengers is great, too. Storm is in the team, and Janet is Giant-Girl. (Hank Pym appears as Ant-Man sometimes)

Also, this:

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 8, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Harlock posted:

The panel thread got me into Marvel Adventures Spider Man. Are any other MA series any good?

I enjoyed all of the Marvel Adventures books. They're a fun read. Spider-Man and Avengers are probably the best though.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Picked up the Hawkeye hardcover today for 15 bucks on clearance at a Booksamillion. There were three of them sitting there and that's a deep-rear end discount.

I really hope they do a second one, this thing is nice.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm not quiiiiite at that point yet. I dunno, screaming kid Loki remains hilarious to me. Even though I'm pretty sure it's not intended as funny. So, there's that.

And that's ... okay. That's weird slang, but sure. It felt like it was supposed to be important somehow, but ... :psyduck: Thanks for the explanation.

It's a British thing. Our slang is weird. But 'Mother' was also the big bad in Young Avengers, Loki's previous series. It may be relevant or it might just be a coincidence.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Unmature posted:

Picked up the Hawkeye hardcover today for 15 bucks on clearance at a Booksamillion. There were three of them sitting there and that's a deep-rear end discount.

I really hope they do a second one, this thing is nice.

They will. Daredevils last volume got 3 OSHC's.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vincent posted:

It's especially grating since Kid Loki never actually said that in JiM, to my knowledge.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's especially grating since Kid Loki never actually said that in JiM, to my knowledge.

It's not actually Kid Loki, Kid Loki is still completely gone and it's just a representation of murder weapon Loki's guilt

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Finished reading Gav's Thunderbolts writeup. Great stuff!

Do folks know that James Gunn, director of Guardians, desperately wants to make a Thunderbolts movie and has talked with Kevin Feige about it?

http://collider.com/marvel-thunderbolts-movie/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

E the Shaggy posted:

Thanks, dude!

quote:

Do folks know that James Gunn, director of Guardians, desperately wants to make a Thunderbolts movie and has talked with Kevin Feige about it?

I don't think a Hawkeye movie could work, but I do think Hawkeye starring in a Thunderbolts movie can. They just need to introduce the villains across the various movies, like low-profile versions of the Infinity Stones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Make a Captain Marvel movie with Moonstone as the villain, and that could lead to it.

I mean, all solo movies need to have a mirror villain, right?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Marvel's preview for Brian Wood's Moon Knight after Ellis' in #6 is one of the saddest things I've seen in a comic book. First, because it's awful. Second, because Marvel has this really strange sentence where they say something to the effect of,

"Hey, we know the writer and artist are leaving, but if it was bad, would the colorist be sticking around?!?! BECAUSE HE IS!"

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

E the Shaggy posted:

Marvel's preview for Brian Wood's Moon Knight after Ellis' in #6 is one of the saddest things I've seen in a comic book. First, because it's awful. Second, because Marvel has this really strange sentence where they say something to the effect of,

"Hey, we know the writer and artist are leaving, but if it was bad, would the colorist be sticking around?!?! BECAUSE HE IS!"

Jordie Bellaire is the colorist, and she's not a he. She also does about a million books, and they tend to be good, but picking up all her stuff is a way to go broke quick.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gavok posted:

I don't think a Hawkeye movie could work, but I do think Hawkeye starring in a Thunderbolts movie can. They just need to introduce the villains across the various movies, like low-profile versions of the Infinity Stones.

I don't know if I'd even go that far. If you're going to use the classic lineup, then it could be as easy as the Dirty Dozen thing: SHIELD agent Clint Barton is partnered with rookie Hallie Takahama to do a particularly unpleasant job, which will require an expendable crew. Enter Chitauri tech dealer and general rear end in a top hat Norbert Ebersol, Tony Stark detractor Abe Jenkins and his surprisingly effective homebrew armor, criminal and criminal psychologist Karla Sofen, and small-time con artist turned super-powered bank robber Melissa Gold.

The more I think about this the more it'd be a really big-budget episode of "Leverage."

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

E the Shaggy posted:

That colorist just won an Eisner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't really think that preview has enough in it to declare it good or bad.

Moon Knight's in it for 1 panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

I would love to see a Thunderbolts movie. We can have Hawkeye as the team leader, in charge of keeping them straight and we already have Crossbones from Winter Soldier and the Abomination/the Leader from Hulk and we can bring some new minor villains (MACH, Songbird and Moonstone would be great)

Also, as good as Bellaire is (and she is very good), the colorist is hardly the main hook for the book; what I saw of the art wasn't that impressing and I've been dissapointed by Brian Wood's writing before.

• Locked thread