Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sweetguts posted:

I can't believe how much I'm genuinely looking forward to someone getting charged with insurance fraud in Luann

at least I really, really hope that's where this is going :allears:
The vote ended with "claim approved". :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 19, 1927)

Peanuts (August 10, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean, in which the Immaculate Artist beats a dead horse.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 5-6, 1925)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 8, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I have no idea how Wash Funk got that horse up like that.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Green Intern posted:

I have no idea how Wash Funk got that horse up like that.

First the back end, then the front end.

Cul-de-sac has a crisis of identity.

Poptropica eh.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Darthemed posted:

Oh man, they're bringing in Influence?! Awesome!

Good lord. This is going to be awesome.

Zereth posted:

Then Evans better reveal the evidence that backs that up if he decides to follow that. I mean, knowing the situation, and knowing TJ... well...

Jane's World is still stuck on the 5th. Paige is posting plenty to her FB account, though, so it's not like she's asleep.

Non Sequitur

I wish I knew more about that "incident".

Heavenly Nostrils still off a day...

Kliban's Cats

I'm not exactly sure why this B B King song popped into my head when I saw that, but, well it did. So, there's that. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/7/2003

That's a neat concept, Brooke, but it seems like you could've done better.

Zits

It's Thursday, and I'm still waiting to see this thing.

Kevin & Kell

loving slashed its tendons... Wow. I guess punctured its carotid artery, and watched as the few remaining fear-induced contractions of its heart sprayed hot blood around the room like a pressure washer may've been too graphic. Yes. Seek help, Holbrook. Christ.

I, uh... :stare: That guy's face. It just doesn't seem to work. It's reminiscent of CAD for some reason.

E: poo poo, sorry for the piece of Metro's zoom slider up there. Not quite sure how that happened.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 7, 2014

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (June 5-6, 1925)

Don't waste your bullets, just stomp that motherfucker.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

loving slashed its tendons... Wow. I guess punctured its carotid artery, and watched as the few remaining fear-induced contractions of its heart sprayed hot blood around the room like a pressure washer may've been too graphic. Yes. Seek help, Holbrook. Christ.

I'm more concerned/disturbed by how this bear, which we've seen plenty of sentient examples of, becomes an "it" after catching a disease that alters its mental state.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"I checked the rest of her. Do you know she has a cyst on her torso? I called Dr. Kapuht to see her about that."

Rex Morgan MD

Next week: Study methodology debate!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Roland Jones posted:

I'm more concerned/disturbed by how this bear, which we've seen plenty of sentient examples of, becomes an "it" after catching a disease that alters its mental state.

And if the bear didn't have rabies and had simply been there to kill and eat everyone, that would have been perfectly normal and okay.

The Hills Have Eyes, man. It's a whole world of nuclear cannibal mutants :allears:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Intelligent Life

Oh, aren't we such GEEKS!! Come on, this is boring, get to the brony poo poo.

Robbie and Bobby's still in limbo.

Big Nate

Yeah, he's got some hang-ups.

Francis

Yeah, maybe a bunch of old celibate dudes might not be the most experienced with family life.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Let's run away together and build a new life in the South Pacific. Just, me, you, and your edits.

And some Buz Sawyer.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Then Evans better reveal the evidence that backs that up if he decides to follow that. I mean, knowing the situation, and knowing TJ... well...

If it were a good comic? He'd have committed arson, but his claim will be approved anyway because he's going to coerce the firefighter guy into falsely testifying in his favor.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Big Nate

I don't mind this line of reasoning. It's the reason I can buy sweet bananas that actually taste like something from the clearance bin for 15 cents a pound. The truth Exposed Comix!

Pooch Café

This isn't the first time Poncho's been treed. No greater point, I just like the word 'treed.'

Ballard Street

Even an agoraphobic recluse can be a good host. Take note, goons.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The beginning of a big change in today's Bloom County

And some dark territory in Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

:allears:

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Green Intern posted:

If she was close enough to hit his scope, then he's close enough to shoot them without it.

I hate this strip and wish every character were dead.

Don't forget that they established the sniper as being too far away for them to hear his shots.

Which would be at least a mile or two, because guns are loving LOUD.

The odds of her making a pinpoint shot at anywhere near that distance with a military-issue pistol are as microscopic as McEldowney coming to the realization of what a pretentious rear end he is.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
So did The Phantom and the President go visit Chatu, who is in jungle jail, for the express purpose of beating the poo poo out of him again?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No, the President went to find out where Chatu was. The Phantom went there to make the president watch him beat the poo poo out of Chatu again.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

WHAT

Have I mentioned that I love the little end-of-comic captions? :allears:

The Dinette Set knows how to plan for retirement.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Let's run away together and build a new life in the South Pacific. Just, me, you, and your edits.

And some Buz Sawyer.

Well, this got dark pretty quick.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Zereth posted:

the average comic reading public fails us all once again

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

[Love is snow-white]
- A nightie is what a wanted

Yöpaita, a nightgown or a nightie is literally translated as "night shirt". The text on the shirt is the name of a mainstream light rock band , "Night", although a Night shirt would be written as Yö-paita. The joke is old and bad.

[Smoke removal hatch]
- The service works!

Eh. First off, I dunno if there's a better name for that hatch thing. I guess there must be. Second, there apparently is a joke here other than smoking weed through a hatch meant for removing smoke during a fire, but it's still dumb so whatever.

Fok_It

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I strongly suspect Narda is gonna walk in and find Mandrake half-dead from an auto-erotic asphyxiation session gone wrong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Big Nate

He's right though, bananas are best under-ripe.

I would read this every day. :allears:

RandomFerret posted:

No, the President went to find out where Chatu was. The Phantom went there to make the president watch him beat the poo poo out of Chatu again.
Yeah, it's hard to tell how we're supposed to be reacting to this. The Phantom is ostensibly the good guy here, but... why is he doing this?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

This comic somehow manages to get stranger with every arc.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

RIP Harcourt :rip:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

If it were a good comic? He'd have committed arson, but his claim will be approved anyway because he's going to coerce the firefighter guy into falsely testifying in his favor.

I could get behind something like this. It's made completely clear that TJ is committing insurance fraud and Brad knows this, but chooses not to rat on his best friend. TJ's claim is approved and he gets away with it, but Brad never feels the same way about TJ again. As a firefighter, Brad has seen first-hand what horrific damage a fire can do, not only to property, but to people, and he just can't square himself with the idea that his friend intentionally caused an explosion in a public area with innocent adults and little children around. He keeps his mouth shut to help his friend, but the friendship is destroyed. TJ, who never quite understands why Brad has been so chilly lately, is eventually transitioned out of the strip.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure TJ was destined to be innocent whether he was busted for insurance fraud or not.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I am so totally ready for one, or both of these two to say this:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, it's hard to tell how we're supposed to be reacting to this. The Phantom is ostensibly the good guy here, but... why is he doing this?

Chatu had his men blow up the building where Phantom's wife works, kidnap her, and throw her into a hard labor prison while everyone else believed her to be dead.

His endgame was to contact the Phantom again years or even decades down the road, when he and his family have had time to grieve and come to terms with their loss.

"Hey Phantom, remember how you thought your wife was dead all this time? Actually she was suffering in a prison just a few hundred miles from your home. All these years you could've come and saved her at any time. She was probably expecting you to ride in and bust her out any day now. Well, right up until she died this morning, I guess."

That's not the sort of guy you punch just once.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Maybe TJ did blow it up, but doesn't get caught because Inspector Danger is the only force preventing insurance fraud, and he isn't in Luann?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

They went to confront the Python over his failed plot to escape after kidnapping the president, and then Python took a swing at Phantom. The Phantom didn't start the fight (well, he did kinda provoke it by being a smug rear end in a top hat, but that's been Phantom standard for a while now).

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 9, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (January 29-31, 1951)

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

:confused: What?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Here's one that's not about rock music, but it does rock pretty well.

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

She has acute halitosis, not a cute halitosis.

• Locked thread