Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I keep opening support tickets and asking if my character still exists, I get a reply saying "There is no restoration data available or not enough information". So I write more, letting them know maybe it wasn't deleted and doesn't need restored, but they keep responding that I should open a ticket to handle the problem. This is my third support ticket I've opened to ask this, and each time I keep getting told that I need to open a support ticket. Is their support just bad or am I running into a lazy employee?

S-E support is hilariously bad, when I was trying to get into my account at one point I was told by support that it didn't exist--even though I tried to register multiple times and was told it did. Password recovery didn't work, either.

Turns out that e-mails in S-Es database are case sensitive, and because I didn't capitalize it, they couldn't find it! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

WYA posted:

I need to get FC friends to help me more. Just did the first level 50 dungeon with 7 foul mouthed foreigners who wouldn't wait for me to watch cut scenes, wouldn't heal me, made fun of my role-playing macros and in general bullied me.

lol

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

WYA posted:

...made fun of my role-playing macros and in general bullied me.

good

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm trying and trying but I can't remember Ifrit's music, nor Leviathan's. I can't even remember the instruments or whether or not there are lyrics.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

WYA posted:

my role-playing macros

I wouldn't heal you either.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Ifrit's theme is generic as hell, but every other boss theme owns.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

WYA posted:

my role-playing macros

So wait, you're that Monk I always see that binds poo poo like "The dragon inside me gives me an awesome power! Dragon Kick!" to all of your attacks?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

So wait, you're that Monk I always see that binds poo poo like "The dragon inside me gives me an awesome power! Dragon Kick!" to all of your attacks?

Uh, what the gently caress? That's messed up. I thought only Dragoons had dragon spirits inside them. That's some lovely roleplaying, if true.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I once played with a white mage who had a macro set up to shout "SPIRIT BOMB" every time they used Holy.

I dunno if that counts as role playing, but it was really annoying because they were casting Holy a lot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I once played with a white mage who had a macro set up to shout "SPIRIT BOMB" every time they used Holy.

I dunno if that counts as role playing, but it was really annoying because they were casting Holy a lot.

In their defense a White Mage who doesn't cast Holy a lot is a Bad White Mage, so this guy was probably ok

{Miqo'te} {Full Thrust} {Internal Release} {We're chewing the fat.}
vvv

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 7, 2014

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
What about my ERP macros for dragoon thrusts, are those OK?

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
First time I heard it I kind of hated the Leviathan theme but it really grew on me and it's probably one of my favorite ones. Titan is still the best though because it's so intense and nerve-wracking and sets the perfect tone for the fight, and it's really cool how it changes with the phase.

Garuda is kinda generic rock but at least it's still way loving better than Ifrit's terrible theme.

Titan > Leviathan = Ramuh > Garuda >>>>> Ifrit

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Everyone who hates on Ifrit's team is dumb, it's a very good epic boss music theme. I'm sorry it doesn't have any buttrock in it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Speaking of dumb macros, is there an easy way to write one for my songs?

Ideally I'd like the Foe's icon displayed but when i hit it, have it say something to the effect of "casters gather, singing foe's for whatever seconds".

I figure I'm not singing as often as normal attacks and it's decently helpful to know when they're going up, or is this a bad idea?

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Belzac posted:

Everyone who hates on Ifrit's team is dumb, it's a very good epic boss music theme. I'm sorry it doesn't have any buttrock in it.

If you can't enjoy Ifrit's theme when it reaches that high point around two minutes in you're just fronting

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ouhei posted:

Speaking of dumb macros, is there an easy way to write one for my songs?

Ideally I'd like the Foe's icon displayed but when i hit it, have it say something to the effect of "casters gather, singing foe's for whatever seconds".

I figure I'm not singing as often as normal attacks and it's decently helpful to know when they're going up, or is this a bad idea?

As far as I know, there's no way to give an alert when Foe's goes down. You could use something like

code:
/macroicon "foe's requiem"
/ac "Foe's Requiem" <me>
/p "Casting Foe's Requiem"
to alert your party that you're casting it.

The real question is why you'd want to since it doesn't affect your party, it gives a debuff to all enemies in hearing range that increases magic damage taken.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

There's a debuff on the boss whenever Foe's up, and your casters should tell you when they want it sung. Otherwise, a /p Casting Foe's <se.6><se.6><se.6> should do the job.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I make sure to put all my RP macros in /shout.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I personally put a /wait 3 in all my song macros so that, in case I have to move or drop the cast, I don't announce it (unless I don't hit it again before the 3 seconds).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Whizbang posted:

What about my ERP macros for dragoon thrusts, are those OK?

What kind of scrub macroes his ERP lines?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

KaneTW posted:

What kind of scrub macroes his ERP lines?

Someone who's too lazy to memorize the full ERP rotation?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Monk prostratz above

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Xenoveritas posted:

Someone who's too lazy to memorize the full ERP rotation?

(Hasty Touch) (Hasty Touch) (Inner Release) /doze

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kyrosiris posted:

Harassment, last I heard.

Also I'm amazed, he managed to get Lancer to sixteen this time, instead of the bare minimum 15. :v:

Ryu didn't even have lancer -unlocked- on his first character. Bard requires PGL 15, not LNC.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
If anyone is gonna start the game up soon, lemme know so I can send you a recruit a friend thing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doublestep posted:

Ryu didn't even have lancer -unlocked- on his first character. Bard requires PGL 15, not LNC.

:doh: I have no idea how I get that mixed up so easily.

Maybe peoples' badgering is working! :v: (no it's not)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Just got to T9 for the first time and we decided to have a couple of dry runs before bed.

We only got her to 83% and I'm already terrified.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 8, 2014

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

If anyone is gonna start the game up soon, lemme know so I can send you a recruit a friend thing.

I'm looking to start up maybe tomorrow or later tonight. What is this recruit a friend thing?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Orcrez posted:

I'm looking to start up maybe tomorrow or later tonight. What is this recruit a friend thing?

In-game items for recruiter and recruitee (more of them for the recruiter) when the recruitee subscribes for game time past the 30-day trial period

(EDIT: And I would be more than happy to hand out a code if anyone else is looking for one.)

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 8, 2014

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

Thanks....BUTTS!

Orcrez fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 8, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ActionZero posted:

Just got to T9 for the first time and we decided to have a couple of dry runs before bed.

We only got her to 83% and I'm already terrified.

Yeah, but once you get a hang of it each phase just locks into place. We were in your shoes our first time, now we get to heaven's fall a couple weeks later on almost every run and even got to phase 4 a time or two.

Also was bored tonight so I helped kill twin for a bunch of goons. 4-5 new people. We had one person leave and picked up another halfway, but they had cleared before so it was handy. Divebombs really seem to be the only killer on that one anymore. We didn't really wipe on anything else more than once or twice. I got a BLM scepter out of it too, so that's cool. Now I have some more incentive to actually level my thm.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Monk prostratz above

This is true actually.

Im serious, im constantly tapping the controllers like am impatient child. :v:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, but once you get a hang of it each phase just locks into place. We were in your shoes our first time, now we get to heaven's fall a couple weeks later on almost every run and even got to phase 4 a time or two.

Also was bored tonight so I helped kill twin for a bunch of goons. 4-5 new people. We had one person leave and picked up another halfway, but they had cleared before so it was handy. Divebombs really seem to be the only killer on that one anymore. We didn't really wipe on anything else more than once or twice. I got a BLM scepter out of it too, so that's cool. Now I have some more incentive to actually level my thm.

Thanks so much for getting us through that. Now I can finally work on wiping on all new fights. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAB_k4gAbKk

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thornmarch has the feel of a 1990s Tim Burton film, and it's great. Titan loving owns. Ramuh is ok, but I wish there was more to it. Just gets boring after a bit. I also kindof wish Garuda had a bit of a changeup in hers as well.

Thornmarch's music cribs off of Nightmare Before Christmas so hard that I'd almost expect a Halloween event that replaces the Moogles with characters from the movie. I'd be down for that. They could play it off as a Kingdom Hearts-crossover event which would mean all bets are off for the characters we could see in FF14.

Wanna watch Donald bitchslap Alphinauld in a cutscene somewhere. :allears:

Volt Catfish posted:

I just report people who macro chat to all their loving skills. If it's something important like a raise that's fine but when you're calling out your combos and poo poo several times a minute and going non-stop in fights I hope you get kneecapped by a GM. :toughguy:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I just report people who macro chat to all their loving skills. If it's something important like a raise that's fine but when you're calling out your combos and poo poo several times a minute and going non-stop in fights I hope you get kneecapped by a GM. :toughguy:

I remember being in a CT2 where some bard had a macro that not only announced using blunt arrow but also playing a sound effect.

If you told me that skill had a cooldown time longer then 20 seconds I would call you a liar with how much he was loving spamming it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks, now I'm on a watchlist.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Excalibur might not have as much time locked if the game kicked you out after standing afk in the same spot for the third day straight.

Congrats new goons, you're waiting because someone logs in but never plays. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Robo Reagan posted:

Excalibur might not have as much time locked if the game kicked you out after standing afk in the same spot for the third day straight.

Congrats new goons, you're waiting because someone logs in but never plays. :shepface:

Hey, we need those lalafell tanks eternally dancing the Manderville at each other in the Maelstrom office.

• Locked thread