Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

RBX posted:

He was right in what he was saying anyway the whole thing is stupid.

Hot take, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RBX posted:

He was right in what he was saying anyway the whole thing is stupid.

Hi Doltos.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Actually, it looks like ESPN will have a hand in Stephen A's satellite radio show, so don't assume he's done with them yet:

http://www.radioink.com/article.asp?id=2820730

quote:

There have been reports that popular and very outspoken ESPN host Stephen A. Smith would be leaving ESPN Radio to work for SiriusXM. That's not exactly the case. Smith will be getting his own show on SiriusXM, however it will be an extension of ESPN. Smith will continue to be an employee of ESPN and his new national show will be produced by ESPN. The distribution platform will be The Mad Dog Channel on SiriusXM. In addition, Smith's new show on Sirius had nothing to so with the comments he made about the Ray Rice suspension by the NFL. Smith will also continue to appear on ESPN radio and Television shows. Smith's new show is expected to launch some time after Labor Day.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm sure Stephen A's new show will be provocative.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Any one else ever watch arena football?

(probably not)

They just showed something pretty incredible the NFL likely would never do in a million years on the CBSSN broadcast I'm watching.

They actually mic the refs up during a replay, and have them explain their ruling to the audience while they're looking over the play.

Liked it quite a bit.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

FuzzySkinner posted:

Any one else ever watch arena football?

(probably not)

They just showed something pretty incredible the NFL likely would never do in a million years on the CBSSN broadcast I'm watching.

They actually mic the refs up during a replay, and have them explain their ruling to the audience while they're looking over the play.

Liked it quite a bit.

Arena football is awesome to watch and that part I always rave to my friends about because its amazing how much you actually can understand exactly what they are looking at and why they did what. I love it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So, I guess now.nfl.com is going to be a thing.

quote:

YOUR NFL. YOUR WAY. NOW.

Watch the best of the NFL, personalized for YOU
Largest digital library of NFL content … anywhere.
Available on all your favorite devices
Select your favorite teams or fantasy players and get non-stop news and analysis
On-demand highlights on gamedays
NFL Now video library includes NFL Network and NFL Films Archive.

Do you think this will be anything worth a drat?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Knowing the NFL, they'll find some way to gently caress it up.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

NFL Now needs more social interactions like Instragrams of Rich Eisen's breakfast.
Until then, it's a no deal for me.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

What I was kind of hoping for is that they pretty much blow the NFL Films library wide open and allow me access to pretty much everything ever made.

Frankly I would be willing to pay a certain pre-set price for all inclusive streaming/on demand package for the NFL similar to that.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate when things are marketed as "X for YOU!"

Well obviously its for me, otherwise why are you advertising it?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

FuzzySkinner posted:

So, I guess now.nfl.com is going to be a thing.

Do you think this will be anything worth a drat?

NFL does most of their online media stuff through MLBAM, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They should just start a Youtube channel and stop fighting it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Something brewing in Houston?

Hell, if it means Time Warner will carry it, I'm for it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So if you didn't see it TFF, outside of Buck/Aikman still being the top duo there's a lot of changes in Fox' NFL announcer pairings:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/exclusive-nfl-on-fox-broadcast-teams-for-this-season.html

quote:

1) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews

2) Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch and Pam Oliver

3) Chris Myers, Ronde Barber and Jennifer Hale

4) Thom Brennaman, David Diehl and Laura Okmin

5) Kenny Albert, Daryl “Moose” Johnston and Tony Siragusa

6) Dick Stockton, Donovan McNabb/Brady Quinn/Kirk Morrison and Kristina Pink

The most interesting news in the NFL on Fox broadcast lineup may be who’s slated to join the weekly commentary teams from time to time in spot duty. Yes, there are plans for Gus Johnson (and Charles Davis) to return to the NFL on Fox broadcast booth to announce a couple games amidst the busy college football schedule. But Gus is not the only Fox Sports announcer crossing over from another sport to call NFL games this fall. There are also plans for UFC announcer Mike Goldberg to make the transition for a limited number of games as well. On the play by play side, Sam Rosen and FS1′s Justin Kutcher will also feature along with FS1 analyst Brendon Ayanbadejo.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

In other potential lineup change news, Jemele Hill and Sage Steele both tried out for The View.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

So if you didn't see it TFF, outside of Buck/Aikman still being the top duo there's a lot of changes in Fox' NFL announcer pairings:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/exclusive-nfl-on-fox-broadcast-teams-for-this-season.html

I would definitely tune in to hear Goldberg and Joe Rogan call an NFL game. That would be quality television.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Why does Chris Myers still have a broadcasting job

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Why does Chris Myers still have a broadcasting job

He has some awful opinions and is a jerk to fans as well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's not all bad, he gave the world this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIm_41OIOM

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

lol what did you do to get that title

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

lol what did you do to get that title

That seems self explanatory.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

MourningView posted:

I want to see him ask a black athlete if he's playing for all of Africa next

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I want to see him ask a black athlete if he's playing for all of Africa next

I'm pretty sure that question was because he played for Iowa, not because he was white, although those things very often overlap. It was very silly either way, but the birth of Ricky Stanzi: Patriot made it worth it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Even though this shirt is kinda dumb, I'm glad I bought one a few years back...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have like three love it or leave it shirts purchased from sketchy t-shirt vendors while in some state of inebriation.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

sketchy t-shirt vendors

Is there any other kind?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

Is there any other kind?

Well there is like the official team store, and then there is the guy on the corner with them haphazardly stuffed into a duffel bag, screaming at everyone who passes. Coincidentally that guy usually has the better shirts, although it is really hard to find a social situation where it's okay to wear an IOWA loving CITY t-shirt.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

Well there is like the official team store, and then there is the guy on the corner with them haphazardly stuffed into a duffel bag, screaming at everyone who passes. Coincidentally that guy usually has the better shirts, although it is really hard to find a social situation where it's okay to wear an IOWA loving CITY t-shirt.

Or a "Cardinals Take it in the Pujols" shirt.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

MourningView posted:

Probation hearing?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So this full-page ad appeared in this morning's Miami Herald.

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 10, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

So this full-page ad appeared in this morning's Miami Herald.

hahahaha lebatard owns

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is there a chance the suspension was fake and he was just taking some vacation days? They used to do that all the time in the old shock jock days. Radio show would take a pre-planned vacation for a week and have the station claim they were suspended for a stunt they did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Is there a chance the suspension was fake and he was just taking some vacation days? They used to do that all the time in the old shock jock days. Radio show would take a pre-planned vacation for a week and have the station claim they were suspended for a stunt they did.
He already took time off for vacation about a month ago.

I would be surprised if ESPN would let him do that kind of stunt either.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Apparently Bill Simmons is leaving NBA Countdown for his own primetime Grantland-branded NBA show.

Good to see him off of Countdown and praying this gets Zach Lowe on TV.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He made Countdown better and we're probably going to get Stephen A Smith now.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Smith is supposed to be leaving ESPN soon I thought. Not a huge fan of Simmons but he had good chemistry with Jalen and I don't know who they'll put in that would be better.

sportsgenius86 posted:

praying this gets Zach Lowe on TV.

Yeah, but no chance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jackie D posted:

Smith is supposed to be leaving ESPN soon I thought. Not a huge fan of Simmons but he had good chemistry with Jalen and I don't know who they'll put in that would be better.

Yeah, but no chance.
I think it was clarified that he was just leaving ESPN Radio for a Sirius XM channel.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Olbermann's show is moving to late afternoons, and they're going to let him return to Sportscenter when needed

http://deadspin.com/keith-olbermann...dium=socialflow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

OctoberBlues posted:

Even though this shirt is kinda dumb, I'm glad I bought one a few years back...

Anywhere online where these shirts are still sold by any chance?