Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heartbreaksuzie
Apr 27, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

He's a "spotter," which is a TFLC IK. Also this is the first time I saw that since shine asked if the spotters could get little icons because of how helpful they are.

Oh thanks!
At first I thought "why isn't there text when I hover over it?" but then Internet Knight for IKs wasn't much help either :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hirayuki posted:

I thought that's what :aaa: was for.

That's for the rectal one.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's for the rectal one.

I thought that's what :goatsecx: was for.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

What's up with :smugjones:?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

I thought that's what :aaa: was for.

That's for denture fittings.

FutonForensic posted:

What's up with :smugjones:?

Real answer, it's from a webcomic character.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

IUG posted:

I read the Gunnerkrigg Court thread. How did I miss that smiley?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Because it works as an emoticon instead of being a fanclub thing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

what the hell is this :anttony:

garbage day added it, from this short thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634614

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lord of Bore posted:

It means the person is posting during a dental exam

I thought that was :haw:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

IUG posted:

That's for denture fittings.

And moving forward a few pages brings us to the original image for several user avatars, right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

More then few people have been randomly given avatars based off that comic.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

can somebody explain :hchatter:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I want to say a picture of a terrible anime nerd who's saying cheers to you through your computer. A picture I'm desperately gis'ing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
:catdrugs:
:birddrugs:
:goatdrugs:

Oh no what's TCC doing now

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i am he posted:

can somebody explain :hchatter:

I think it is a (specific) goon getting his web cam ready for the (exceedingly gross) cyber.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Rita Repulsa posted:

Cat drugs has been around for a while. Goat drugs was bought in byob i think. I dont know about bird drugs though.

syscall girl posted:

I think it is a (specific) goon getting his web cam ready for the (exceedingly gross) cyber.

Haha

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rita Repulsa posted:

Bird Drugs is a reference to god-tier Visual Novel, Hatoful Boyfriend, in which you are a human who goes to an all-bird highschool and hang out with a bunch of cool bird pals. The bird in the emoticon proper is Anghel Higure, a Luzon bleeding-heart who is constantly high and believes that he is the star of an anime so hard that other people start believing it too. He is not the craziest thing about Hatoful Boyfriend, which is 9 dollars to preorder on Steam because the Steam edition comes out in a week, and you should play it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

alcharagia posted:

Bird Drugs is a reference to god-tier Visual Novel, Hatoful Boyfriend, in which you are a human who goes to an all-bird highschool and hang out with a bunch of cool bird pals. The bird in the emoticon proper is Anghel Higure, a Luzon bleeding-heart who is constantly high and believes that he is the star of an anime so hard that other people start believing it too. He is not the craziest thing about Hatoful Boyfriend, which is 9 dollars to preorder on Steam because the Steam edition comes out in a week, and you should play it.

That is the source of the bird drugs image but CLAM DOWN from the Guild Wars 2 thread actually bought it because I, a bird, am often high on drugs while playing GW2 with Goon Squad.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That is the source of the bird drugs image but CLAM DOWN from the Guild Wars 2 thread actually bought it because I, a bird, am often high on drugs while playing GW2 with Goon Squad.

It is illegal to do drugs

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

WindmillSlayer posted:

It is illegal to do drugs

not for birds

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

We can agree that Hatoful Boyfriend is loving excellent and everyone in this thread should buy it because it's 9 dollars, right?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

alcharagia posted:

We can agree that Hatoful Boyfriend is loving excellent and everyone in this thread should buy it because it's 9 dollars, right?

They should buy it if it's 90 dollars. :colbert:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
What's with the influx of users with X CURES Y as their name? I generally get the things they are referencing but am kind of confused as to why those names suddenly exist, specially in light of...uh...well let's just say Grover is not known for curing the woes of houses.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Who's this chill guy :coffeepal:

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

FutonForensic posted:

Who's this chill guy :coffeepal:

BYOB Thread

edit: that thread is pretty long and boring. basically byob poster salmiakki drew the picture at some point and then somebody made it it into a gif and garbage day uploaded it.

i am he has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Aug 10, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Has SA always had this many "get a job" ads or is it just the season? There's like two dozen of them now.

edit: actually this isnt really about smilies

Jackard has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Aug 11, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

What's with the influx of users with X CURES Y as their name? I generally get the things they are referencing but am kind of confused as to why those names suddenly exist, specially in light of...uh...well let's just say Grover is not known for curing the woes of houses.

It's a GIP thing. I don't remember who did it first, but the first ones were [WEAPON] CURES [ETHNICITY].

Jackard posted:

Has SA always had this many "get a job" ads or is it just the season? There's like two dozen of them now.

It's the season. Plus, there are fewer other ads running right now, so they come up more.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
pretty sure the first was BULLETS CURE ISLAM and the rest follow that pattern. PLANES CURE TOWERS, AIDS CURES FAGGOTS, etc.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Jackard posted:

Still better than those goddamn aggro-gator ads.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gamma Nerd posted:

pretty sure the first was BULLETS CURE ISLAM and the rest follow that pattern. PLANES CURE TOWERS, AIDS CURES FAGGOTS, etc.

Last I heard, the best one was SALT CURES HAM.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Pham Nuwen posted:

Still better than those goddamn aggro-gator ads.

I think aggro-gator is cool.

prefect posted:

Lmmfbo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

They should buy it if it's 90 dollars. :colbert:

This is true, but since it is 9, even the poorest person who had the money to spare to buy an account on these forums has literally no excuse to not buy it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That "Sbour" ad is the one that gets on my nerves. Like every hangover cure they say it only works if you take it with a lot of water. Hangover cures are the only medicine that specifies this, because thats the only thing that actually helps a hangover. The pill does nothing.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Devil Tesla posted:

That "Sbour" ad is the one that gets on my nerves. Like every hangover cure they say it only works if you take it with a lot of water. Hangover cures are the only medicine that specifies this, because thats the only thing that actually helps a hangover. The pill does nothing.

I bet a beer would work better.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The rejuvenating powers of a high-sodium, high-calorie bloody Mary should not be discounted when discussing hangover cures. gently caress drinking water. You'll recover from your hangover about as quickly as doing nothing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

prefect posted:

He also called his girlfriend SALT CURES VAG when posting about her.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

The MSJ posted:

He also called his girlfriend SALT CURES VAG when posting about her.

Does it?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Well there's saline in enemas so...

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

prefect posted:

Should be SALT CURES PORK. Do you put toast in your toaster? :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes, but only when I set it too light by accident and it needs to be a bit darker.