Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Captain Pissweak posted:

If you're going to ad hom Abetz base it on his being the nephew of Otto Abetz, noted international war criminal.

Nah mate just call him a girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

SynthOrange posted:

The laffs keep coming.

They caused this. They stopped the lamb because it's all they know, and now they're going "oh poo poo we weren't ready for serious diplomacy, unfair".

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
The Nats won't be happy about that. They might even stand up for the values of their constituents and split from the Liberal Party!!!

lol

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Good to know that someone is dumb enough to stand up and defend the idea of using femininity as an insult to people as long as you really don't like them

Also I am probably a total misogynist for not caring that much about the woes of people with private health insurance because cosmetic reconstructive surgery is more common amongst women than men due to the types of procedures and the level to which society values looks as a determinant of worth differently across genders.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

The laffs keep coming.

ahahahahahahhahahaha they hosed that up didn't they?

Australia exports more than $400 million in agricultural products to Russia each year.

According to Department of Foreign Affairs statistics, Australian beef exports to Russia were worth $150 million in 2013, while butter exports accounted for $64 million.

Live animals excluding seafood were worth $55 million and meats excluding beef were worth a further $48 million.

Overall, two-way trade between Australia and Russia in 2013 was worth about $1.79 billion in 2013.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 7, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Farmers' work for the dole hours cut to 20

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

That was actually entirely serious

Also I'd say that forgetting to consider the fact that an issue that affects rich people may affect rich women more than rich men is not as bad as thinking about whether you should use "girl" as an insult against a man and coming away with the answer that yeah you should.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Jumpingmanjim posted:

ahahahahahahhahahaha they hosed that up didn't they?

Australia exports more than $400 million in agricultural products to Russia each year.

According to Department of Foreign Affairs statistics, Australian beef exports to Russia were worth $150 million in 2013, while butter exports accounted for $64 million.

Live animals excluding seafood were worth $55 million and meats excluding beef were worth a further $48 million.

Overall, two-way trade between Australia and Russia in 2013 was worth about $1.79 billion in 2013.

So... does this mean a bunch of food bound for russia now stays domestic? DOes this mean our food just got cheaper? :D

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Also I'd say that forgetting to consider the fact that an issue that affects rich people may affect rich women more than rich men is not as bad as thinking about whether you should use "girl" as an insult against a man and coming away with the answer that yeah you should.

Private health insurance is hardly a luxury in Australia.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

Ragingsheep posted:

The 53% of the population who can't afford hospital cover would disagree with you.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

Just a couple of mid strengths a week! Get hosed.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Even if it is a luxury you're literally dumb as gently caress if you think Medibank's actions are remotely acceptable/not worthy of partaking of your limited reserve of care

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Even if it is a luxury you're literally dumb as gently caress if you think Medibank's actions are remotely acceptable/not worthy of partaking of your limited reserve of care

I've already said twice that I hosed up in neglecting to consider intersectionality,

but I'm sure as gently caress not going to apologise for telling someone to gently caress off for thinking it's acceptable to call eric abetz a girl.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Given Abetz is using disproven decades old drivel to attack women, I am hoping we will see centrelink offices equipped with diagnostic phrenology kits to help weed out the bludgers from the battlers.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Amethyst posted:

How would mitm monitoring work if traffic is encrypted with private ciphers?

It means either they have a stolen key and resign things which means within the weak someones broken into the proxy and stolen the private key and can pretty much crush the internet with stupid, or you'd have to install some sort of government key which the private half can still be stolen and basically its a security nightmare for everyone and will get everyones credit card stolen.

Except for people who use vpns/tor and thus immune to the scheme, including 100% of terrorists.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Good to know that someone is dumb enough to stand up and defend the idea of using femininity as an insult to people as long as you really don't like them

Also no surprises that it was someone willing to defend racism as long as you really don't like the targets.

Wasn't defending either of these things. Not sure why you've got such a hard-on for attacking people who you know don't actually have lovely opinions. Very constructive. You do realise there's no prize for being the most ideologically correct? And even if there was, you've got just as many dumb opinions as everyone else.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

If I'm to believe reports (transcript isn't up yet), Turnbull went on AM this morning and said the "metadata" is client IPs and nothing else, they just want ISPs to hold it for longer. So yet another definition of "metadata". The best reason I've heard for letting Turnbull out now is that they didn't want to share the credit if people liked the idea. :allears:

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

Captain Pissweak posted:

They caused this. They stopped the lamb because it's all they know, and now they're going "oh poo poo we weren't ready for serious diplomacy, unfair".

Fuckin' hell. This week has been absolutely wonderful. The first time I have had a smile on my face that lasted more than a microsecond in the presence of the mighty AusPol. When will they ever loving learn that poking the bear (in this case, the actual loving bear) and expecting the bear to take it is not a concrete cornerstone of your foreign policy initiatives.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

And in more Carlton news, the gloating page from the Oz used an interesting source for its picture:

The second is a Boston bombing picture from the Boston Globe. Classy as gently caress.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Jesus Christ :stare:

e: Jesus I just saw Abetz's comments:

:stare:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 7, 2014

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Better resolution. Daily Telegraph:

Boston bombing:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Small Keating posted:

Fuckin' hell. This week has been absolutely wonderful. The first time I have had a smile on my face that lasted more than a microsecond in the presence of the mighty AusPol. When will they ever loving learn that poking the bear (in this case, the actual loving bear) and expecting the bear to take it is not a concrete cornerstone of your foreign policy initiatives.

It's a sanction that impacts a tiny percentage of GDP (0.00049%) It's meaningless, and isn't going to teach the Abbott government anything. It's also not a bad thing when governments stand up to leaders responsible for the death of innocents, they should just try and be more consistent about it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
On a lighter note, Rowe today:

And Mattjpwns should sue Pope:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 7, 2014

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Pope even better

adamantium|wang posted:

Jesus Christ :stare:

e: Jesus I just saw Abetz's comments:

:stare:

The latest excuse is that they "edited" that. But hey, he's not a doctor.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If our media was vaguely competent, every time someone says something that blatantly goes against current scientific thought and cites "the studies" they'd ask them which loving studies in particular.

While I'm not a medical expert in any way, I can't help but imagine that something only referred to as "the studies" from the 1950s isn't the most up to date information, particularly in relation to loving cancer.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I just listened to Tony Shepherd talk on the radio and the fact that we lost the war of economic ideology to this clown and his mates has made me super despondent

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Highlight:

Shepherd - If the public sector was in charge of an infrastructure project it would never get finished
Faine - That's not an argument, that's just something you would say to your mates over drinks at an IPA dinner
Shepherd - Yeah we do say that
*silence*

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ha, yeah, the public sector has never finished an infrastructure project! :smug:

*walks down public footpath adjacent to public road*

*farts*

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

He was also talking about how grouse it would be to privatise 50% of DHS, because "sometimes you need to trade jobs for efficiency, and the private sector is always more efficient"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Are those fuckers actually defending transurban and their tax evasion?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Yes. He specifically said that Transurban had done nothing wrong.

E: Reminder that this bloke is one of the most trusted economic advisors to the Prime Minister of AustraliaE:

Drugs fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 8, 2014

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Argh.

I need to take another week off from politics.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I've heard the argument made by lolbertarians a lot that tax evasion is fine because it's the government's fault for leaving holes in the system. It's nice to know we live in a world where it's so easy to rationalise a private company completely abandoning any kind of social contract and just playing the system for shits and giggles.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Includes the current Lord Mayor of Newcastle, one of the current MPs, and more.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I swear someone posted a link to a list of everything that the Abbott government has been able to successfully get through parliament (it was a short list). I can't find it after looking for nearly an hour - anyone got it handy or know how I can go and make this list myself if it turns out I was just imagining it?

Arguing with someone who thinks that the reason the Libs can't get the budget through is because "Labour" (yeah yeah I know) are being meanies and wreckers, not, you know, because the budget is a giant turd in the punch bowl of Australia

Endman
May 18, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

OPERATION SPICER

Looks like someone forgot to walk without rhythm.

:getin:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Includes the current Lord Mayor of Newcastle, one of the current MPs, and more.

What am I looking at?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amethyst posted:

What am I looking at?

New ICAC cast members.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ICAC stuff I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Endman posted:

I've heard the argument made by lolbertarians a lot that tax evasion is fine because it's the government's fault for leaving holes in the system. It's nice to know we live in a world where it's so easy to rationalise a private company completely abandoning any kind of social contract and just playing the system for shits and giggles.

Where do you think private efficiency comes from? It is entirely based around skirting the line between legal letter and social contract.

They only worked 7 hours before the power went out? Lawyers say we don't have to pay them cause they worked less than 8 hours.*

*actually happened.

• Locked thread