Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just thought of something: best I can tell, the SCG BW Midrange ran Last Breath in the side for Voice of Resurgence. It's instant, which is great, but you probably want to cast it in your own turn. So why not use Glare of Heresy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just thought of something: best I can tell, the SCG BW Midrange ran Last Breath in the side for Voice of Resurgence. It's instant, which is great, but you probably want to cast it in your own turn. So why not use Glare of Heresy?
Probably to hit more things that are 2 power or less. It hitting Voice too is gravy.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I cut them in favor of another Ultimate Price and another Sin Collector and I haven't missed them.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Is there any good Maze's End builds that can hang? I am ok knowing it's only going to be useable like 6-7 more weeks

I had pretty good luck with the following:
2 dimir Guildgate
2 azorius Guildgate
2 gruul Guildgate
2 boros Guildgate
2 golgari Guildgate
2 Selesnya Guildgate
2 simic Guildgate
2 Rakdos Guildgate
2 Orzhov Guildgate
2 izzet Guildgate
4 maze's end

3 Kiora
3 Xenagos, the reveler
4 fog
4 druid's deliverance
4 defend the hearth
4 riot control
3 crackling perimeter
4 Gatecreeper vine
4 Saruli gatekeeper
3 slaughter games
1 elixir of immortality

But that basically ignores a shitton of other cards. Hold The Gates would do some good things in this deck, especially when combined with triplicate spirits. The Chain Veil would help you ultimate Xenagos, but would suck if you didn't have a planeswalker out.
I saw one build that used detention spheres. A Sphinx's revelation would be pretty great a few turns in, too.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

You might have heard of a little card called Mutavault.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

tzirean posted:

You might have heard of a little card called Mutavault.

Sure, and also Bile Blight and Doom Blade.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
I am bad at standard but want to do okay at Game Day. Which of these two am I likely to get the most mileage out of?

quote:

//Lands
19 Forest

//Spells
4 Aspect of Hydra
2 Life's Legacy
2 Ranger's Guile

//Creatures
4 Brushstrider
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
3 Dryad Militant
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Experiment One
4 Kalonian Tusker
4 Slaughterhorn
3 Wild Beastmaster
3 Witchstalker

//Sideboard
SB: 3 Mistcutter Hydra
SB: 3 Setessan Tactics
SB: 2 Ranger's Guile
SB: 1 Bow of Nylea
SB: 3 Nylea's Disciple
SB: 1 Back to Nature
SB: 2 Unravel the Æther

These are built out of the cards I have access to, I may be able to borrow a Chord or two and a few one ofs, but I'm mostly tapped out on card purchasing outside of maybe $10 I could throw in the deck. I believe I have a playset of Temple of Plenty and 2 Temple Gardens and one-ofs of some GW stuff if that makes more sense. On the bright side, there's a Standard 1K GPT right down the road so most of the serious business standard players should be there, but there should still be a selection of top tier decks.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

kizudarake posted:

I had pretty good luck with the following:
2 dimir Guildgate
2 azorius Guildgate
2 gruul Guildgate
2 boros Guildgate
2 golgari Guildgate
2 Selesnya Guildgate
2 simic Guildgate
2 Rakdos Guildgate
2 Orzhov Guildgate
2 izzet Guildgate
4 maze's end

3 Kiora
3 Xenagos, the reveler
4 fog
4 druid's deliverance
4 defend the hearth
4 riot control
3 crackling perimeter
4 Gatecreeper vine
4 Saruli gatekeeper
3 slaughter games
1 elixir of immortality

But that basically ignores a shitton of other cards. Hold The Gates would do some good things in this deck, especially when combined with triplicate spirits. The Chain Veil would help you ultimate Xenagos, but would suck if you didn't have a planeswalker out.
I saw one build that used detention spheres. A Sphinx's revelation would be pretty great a few turns in, too.

How do you not just run out of fogs when you have no card draw? With most hands it just takes a few dead draws in a row and suddenly your shields are down and you're facing lethal damage. Maze's End is basically a TurboFog deck, and those have always relied on some kind of draw engine, even Howling Mine or the like, to draw multiple cards a turn so that you always have a fog. You could run Dictate of Kruphix I guess.

The Chain Veil is a bad card, don't run it.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Sure, and also Bile Blight and Doom Blade.

I wonder if Ulcerate is going to see any play. Bile Blight is so much better, but the difference between B and BB is huge in a fast format.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Entropic posted:

How do you not just run out of fogs when you have no card draw? With most hands it just takes a few dead draws in a row and suddenly your shields are down and you're facing lethal damage. Maze's End is basically a TurboFog deck, and those have always relied on some kind of draw engine, even Howling Mine or the like, to draw multiple cards a turn so that you always have a fog. You could run Dictate of Kruphix I guess.

The Chain Veil is a bad card, don't run it.

I wonder if Ulcerate is going to see any play. Bile Blight is so much better, but the difference between B and BB is huge in a fast format.

With Doom Blade, Devour Flesh and Ultimate Price going, it might not be out of the question, depends what's in Khans.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Here is my updated Bant Combo/Toolbox list for gameday, trying to make use of my chord of callings-

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-07-14-EPU-bant-pants/

Creature (21)
2x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Archangel of Thune
4x Courser of Kruphix
2x Fathom Mage
2x Horizon Chimera
1x Hornet Nest
1x Polukranos, World Eater
3x Scavenging Ooze
4x Sylvan Caryatid

Enchantment (4)
4x Detention Sphere

Planeswalker (8)
3x Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
2x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
3x Kiora, the Crashing Wave

Instant (3)
3x Chord of Calling

Land (24)
5x Forest
2x Hallowed Fountain
3x Plains
2x Temple Garden
2x Temple of Enlightenment
4x Temple of Mystery
2x Temple of Plenty
4x Yavimaya Coast

What do you guys think? It's designed around the fathom mage/archangel of thune/horizon chimera combo, but it basically works as a synergistic lifegain midrange deck when it wants to be.

Samael fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 6, 2014

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.

Samael posted:

Here is my updated Bant Combo/Toolbox list for gameday, trying to make use of my chord of callings-

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-07-14-EPU-bant-pants/

Creature (21)
2x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Archangel of Thune
4x Courser of Kruphix
2x Fathom Mage
2x Horizon Chimera
1x Hornet Nest
1x Polukranos, World Eater
3x Scavenging Ooze
4x Sylvan Caryatid

Enchantment (4)
4x Detention Sphere

Planeswalker (8)
3x Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
2x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
3x Kiora, the Crashing Wave

Instant (3)
3x Chord of Calling

Land (24)
5x Forest
2x Hallowed Fountain
3x Plains
2x Temple Garden
2x Temple of Enlightenment
4x Temple of Mystery
2x Temple of Plenty
4x Yavimaya Coast

What do you guys think? It's designed around the fathom mage/archangel of thune/horizon chimera combo, but it basically works as a synergistic lifegain midrange deck when it wants to be.

I'd look into Chasm Skulker too, if you can find room for it. It'll also provide interesting synergy along with them.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

YoshiStomper posted:

I'd look into Chasm Skulker too, if you can find room for it. It'll also provide interesting synergy along with them.

Yeah, I really want to make a janky version of this with chasm skulker, bioshift and sage of hours, but I think it would be too unreliable. A complete blast to play, though.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just want to see someone cram Chasm Skulker in a Sphinx's Revelation deck before rotation, is that too much to ask?

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Entropic posted:

I just want to see someone cram Chasm Skulker in a Sphinx's Revelation deck before rotation, is that too much to ask?

I'm working on one with Whispering Madness and Notion Thief. It sucks at the moment, but I'm gonna make it work. Waste Not will probably make an appearance as well.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

End of Life Guy posted:

I'm working on one with Whispering Madness and Notion Thief. It sucks at the moment, but I'm gonna make it work. Waste Not will probably make an appearance as well.

I'm sad I never thought of that. Hello new super stupid fun deck!

Turn 1: Land
Turn 2: Land, Waste Not
Turn 3: Land, Ashiok/Master of Feasts/Dictate of Kruphix
Turn 4: Land, (end of opponent's turn) Notion Thief
Turn 5: Land, Thoughtseize, Whispering Madness
Turn 6+: Do the happy dance.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

End of Life Guy posted:

I played against nearly this exact deck with 4-color superfriends last weekend. He never got off in game one and I caused him to deck himself (without realizing it until he had like seven cards left) game two. It's a neat deck, but incredibly magical christmasland.

Speaking of 4-Color Superfriends:

Deck: Four Color Superfriends

//Lands
4 Temple Garden
2 Temple of Plenty
4 Breeding Pool
2 Temple of Mystery
4 Overgrown Tomb
2 Temple of Malady
3 Watery Grave
1 Temple of Deceit
2 Mana Confluence

//Creatures
4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix

//Spells
4 Cyclonic Rift
4 Abrupt Decay
2 Detention Sphere

//Planeswalkers
2 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
3 Jace, Architect of Thought
3 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
1 Jace, Memory Adept
2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
1 Vraska the Unseen
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion

//Sideboard
3 Deicide
2 Scavenging Ooze
2 Detention Sphere
3 Supreme Verdict
3 Prognostic Sphinx
1 Archangel of Thune
1 Ætherling

Display deck statistics

HORRIBLY non-optimal list that I finished piecing together about three minutes before FNM last week and took it to 2-1 for third place. Mana is a bit wonky, but I was changing stuff constantly. I only lost two games the entire night, both to a slivers deck, one because of a play mistake. I'd probably change the U/B duals to two W/U and two W/B duals, likely 2 Hallowed Fountian, A Temple of Silence, and a Godless Shrine.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Entropic posted:

Mostly due to the fact that I'm constantly shuffling due to cracking Maze's end and gatecreeper vines. I mean, you can go down to 2 ea on the planeswalkers and crackling perimeters and throw in three sphinx's revelations, but then you might not ultimate Xenagos.

I was getting a lot of mileage out of always leaving a green and a white card up and bluffing them into thinking I had fogs.

"If I swing, you're just going to fog me."
"Probably."

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

kizudarake posted:

"Probably."

Sure, but why would they not just swing anyway and make you use it? Not swinging achieves literally nothing.

I think the better option is to squeeze some Supreme Verdicts into the deck - you can reset the board, and then with the lifegain from Riot Control and Saruli Gatekeepers, you get to not have to fog until they've replayed enough creatures to make it lethal.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

kizudarake posted:

Mostly due to the fact that I'm constantly shuffling due to cracking Maze's end and gatecreeper vines. I mean, you can go down to 2 ea on the planeswalkers and crackling perimeters and throw in three sphinx's revelations, but then you might not ultimate Xenagos.

I was getting a lot of mileage out of always leaving a green and a white card up and bluffing them into thinking I had fogs.

"Probably."

What does bluffing a Fog accomplish? I'd rather swing and get a fog out of your hand if you have it. Unless some of your fogs are Aetherize or something, there's no downside to just swinging every turn. I want you to run out of fogs so that one of my attacks eventually gets through and I do that by swinging with everything ever turn. Eventually you're going to draw non-fogs a few turns in a row and I get through.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
MonoRed Artifact Burn - update from a few pages back

Super fun to play, lots of value plays, will see how it survives testing against my playgroup this weekend.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Super fun to play, lots of value plays, will see how it survives testing against my playgroup this weekend.
Oi bruv I hope you come back with a report on how it runs. Seems interesting.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

End of Life Guy posted:

God dammit, look what you've gone and made me do.

Deck: Card Draw Ahoy

//Lands
10 Island
6 Swamp
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave

//Spells
3 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
2 Cancel
3 Dictate of Kruphix
3 Hero's Downfall
2 Warped Physique
3 Whispering Madness

//Creatures
4 Chasm Skulker
4 Dakra Mystic
3 Flitterstep Eidolon
3 Master of the Feast
4 Notion Thief
2 Thassa, God of the Sea

Display deck statistics

Someone make this deck not awful please.

Alris fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 7, 2014

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Jabor posted:

Sure, but why would they not just swing anyway and make you use it? Not swinging achieves literally nothing.

I think the better option is to squeeze some Supreme Verdicts into the deck - you can reset the board, and then with the lifegain from Riot Control and Saruli Gatekeepers, you get to not have to fog until they've replayed enough creatures to make it

[quote="Entropic" post="433205416"]
What does bluffing a Fog accomplish? I'd rather swing and get a fog out of your hand if you have it. Unless some of your fogs are Aetherize or something, there's no downside to just swinging every turn. I want you to run out of fogs so that one of my attacks eventually gets through and I do that by swinging with everything ever turn. Eventually you're going to draw non-fogs a few turns in a row and I get through.

I was doing that list off memory. Here's the three builds I originally was experimenting with before getting Xenagos and kiora.

build 1
build 2
build 3

I was running aetherize and cyclonic rifts. My main change that never got reflected in these decklists was swapping the slaughter games in for into the wild and one urban evolution, and one forest for the other urban evolution.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 7, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Alris posted:

God dammit, look what you've gone and made me do.
Someone make this deck not awful please.

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

4 Dakra Mystic
4 Chasm Skulker
4 Master of the Feast
4 Notion Thief

3 Ashiok
4 Waste Not
2 Dictate of Kruphix

4 Thoughtseize
2 Duress
3 Hero's Downfall
3 Whispering Madness

4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave
8 Swamp
7 Island

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Frgrbrgr posted:

Why not the dog thing that gets +X/0 and trample if you have an artifact?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

jassi007 posted:

Why not the dog thing that gets +X/0 and trample if you have an artifact?

Basically, "because Rabblemaster," but the long version of it is that I think the deck works because it provides threats on multiple levels, hopefully at the same time. Dragon and Doom Engine are both evasive but in different ways, but also require removal to be varied (Dragon has protection from white, while Doom Engine is only clean if you exile it, which is white). Meanwhile Rabblemaster just kinda takes over games by himself and is an immediate removal target which lets me smokescreen until I get out the bigger cards, along with continuing to combo off with Firedancer.

I wasn't sure about Rabblemaster but I wanted some sort of third big threat to go along with Dragon and Doom Engine. I was looking at Eidolon of the Great Revels for a while, and Prophetic Flamespeaker, and Chandra, but I think Rabblemaster does the smokescreen job the best to set up the real damage that comes in the midgame. Thinking about it, the dog probably should have been a consideration too, but it has a few weaknesses—Lightning Strike and the possibility of just not having an artifact in play. Ideally, Mongrel would come out before Doom Engine, on turn 3 or 4, and the only artifact I'd really have in play at that point is the Citadel, so 4/60 isn't great.

Btw if anybody doesn't see it, the super combo here is sacrificing a Generator Servant to play a hasty attacking Doom Engine that gets in for 6, then Shrapnel Blasting it for another 11. Turn 6 is an important one.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I want to play FNM so bad again post Super rotation but it's mind numbing to try and find a deck to play.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
So I tossed together a Commander deck I'd be interested in some feedback on. I built it around three things:

1) Leeching life off opponents. I really love cards like Leechridden Swamp and Agent of Masks that are just constant chip damage, and the latter's transferring the life to me is really flavorful considering W/B, and also a huge pain in the rear end for everyone to deal with.
2) Minimizing "target opponent loses x" and maximizing "each opponent loses x." While of course there are some removal spells and other single-target things (I mean, my commander is Athreos after all), I tried to capitalize on big multiplayer games by just hitting everything at once and getting as many multiplayer bonuses as I could. This is also why I don't have Sanguine Bond, despite it being a pretty great card.
3) Turtling up because pissing off everyone is going to be much tougher to deal with than making one enemy at a time.

I feel like I've accomplished 1 and 2 really well, but 3 not so much. I'd be really appreciative of some advice regarding what I can do to bulk up defense while keeping the other two intact. I have a Ghostly Prison knocking around that'd work, and there was some neat Conspiracy reprint of a card which spawned a bunch of spirit tokens, the name of which eludes me and would be useful, but I'm finding it hard to make room without being a full-turtle deck. Any advice on W/B token-spawning cards - and anything else for that matter - would be appreciated, since economy is mainly what I need right now, I think.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I want to play FNM so bad again post Super rotation but it's mind numbing to try and find a deck to play.

Luckily, I was playing essentially Ivan Flochs List (albeit with more scrylands), so Ill be playing that through rotation.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I decided to dust this off for internet Magic because it cost me $40 including the Crypts and 4 Lorwyn Thoughtseizes. Except for adding a Mogis I haven't updated it since Theros; I'm not even sure if anything printed since then would go in. I started my first constructed tournament an hour and a half ago... and got a bye in the first round. With 91 people.

The second round went even better.

Edit: And round 3 I draw 8 lands and 2 nonlands game 1, mull to 5 because because I only had 4 drops and lands for 2 hands, and don't draw my 3rd land until turn 10, which is 4 after I'm dead. I really hate this shuffler.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 7, 2014

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
This seems pretty hilarious and fun and something I could easily throw together in an hour after searching for cards.

I wonder how it'd perform

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/police-brutality-at-an-all-time-high-1/

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
The Aggro deck wasn't cutting it so I'm leaning towards this for Game Day:

I'm still hoping to borrow a few more Chords and/or Genesis Hydras, the more of those I get the farther away I'll get from the Eidolon of Blossoms plan. It's a fun and relatively consistent deck, if I can find a Soul of New Phyrexia I'll plug him in place of Scuttles to give some measure of protection against board wipes and Back to Nature.

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.

BXCX posted:

The Aggro deck wasn't cutting it so I'm leaning towards this for Game Day:

I'm still hoping to borrow a few more Chords and/or Genesis Hydras, the more of those I get the farther away I'll get from the Eidolon of Blossoms plan. It's a fun and relatively consistent deck, if I can find a Soul of New Phyrexia I'll plug him in place of Scuttles to give some measure of protection against board wipes and Back to Nature.

I like your deck because it's a lot like the one I'mma run.

I hope your's does well! I've noticed I can do really well on game 1's of my games; especially finding ways to cheat out the Wurm on turn 4/5 with Garruk; but for whatever reason game 2/3 I don't get the same lucky opening hands. The full-art Reclamation Sage will do well in our decks, I think.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

YoshiStomper posted:

I like your deck because it's a lot like the one I'mma run.

I hope your's does well! I've noticed I can do really well on game 1's of my games; especially finding ways to cheat out the Wurm on turn 4/5 with Garruk; but for whatever reason game 2/3 I don't get the same lucky opening hands. The full-art Reclamation Sage will do well in our decks, I think.

Yeah, just messing around with mine I'm finding that I get balls to the wall explosive hands or forests and dorks for days. How do you like the Primeval Bounty? I considered it but figured that since it gets missed by Garruk, Chord, and Hydra I wouldn't see it that often. I need to cut down on my Eidolon of Blossoms, I've found that they're great to chain into but Hushwing Gryff is a thing and 2/2's die to a lot of stuff.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Heavy Lobster posted:

So I tossed together a Commander deck I'd be interested in some feedback on. I built it around three things:

1) Leeching life off opponents. I really love cards like Leechridden Swamp and Agent of Masks that are just constant chip damage, and the latter's transferring the life to me is really flavorful considering W/B, and also a huge pain in the rear end for everyone to deal with.
2) Minimizing "target opponent loses x" and maximizing "each opponent loses x." While of course there are some removal spells and other single-target things (I mean, my commander is Athreos after all), I tried to capitalize on big multiplayer games by just hitting everything at once and getting as many multiplayer bonuses as I could. This is also why I don't have Sanguine Bond, despite it being a pretty great card.
3) Turtling up because pissing off everyone is going to be much tougher to deal with than making one enemy at a time.

I feel like I've accomplished 1 and 2 really well, but 3 not so much. I'd be really appreciative of some advice regarding what I can do to bulk up defense while keeping the other two intact. I have a Ghostly Prison knocking around that'd work, and there was some neat Conspiracy reprint of a card which spawned a bunch of spirit tokens, the name of which eludes me and would be useful, but I'm finding it hard to make room without being a full-turtle deck. Any advice on W/B token-spawning cards - and anything else for that matter - would be appreciated, since economy is mainly what I need right now, I think.

I think what you need right now are ways to take advantage of all the life you're gaining. Stuff like Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Toxic Deluge etc. Black and white also have lots of sweepers and white has a few cards like Angelic Arbiter that are good for slowing down other players. In fact, just take a look at my Obzedat, Ghost Council list because it's trying to do something similar to your deck. I see a few easy cuts in Soulmender, Syndic of Tithes, Basilica Screecher and Benediction of Moons.

E: Also we have a Commander thread, where your list might get more attention and feedback.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 8, 2014

Tertiary Stresses
Jul 27, 2007
I've also been thinking about a Chasm Skulker deck. I'm leaning towards something very budget, but hoping that it will be at least a little bit of fun at game day.

Rough list:

4x Dakra Mystic
4x Chasm Skulker
4x Riptide
3x Courser of Kruphix
4x Eidolon of Blossoms

4x Nylea's Presence
2x Stratus Walk
4x Pin to the Earth

2x Dissolve
3x Negate
2x Life's Legacy
2x Polymorphist's Jest
1x Aetherspouts

11x Island
11x Forest

I've been lucky enough to pick up 3 Coursers over the course of drafting, but other than that my budget is pretty slim. I'm also not sure what to do about the sideboard. I need something to kill planeswalkers, so I'm thinking Prognostic Sphinx (since I have three). I also suspect that aggro and burn are going to be big at my store for game day. Everyone there loves Goblin Rabblemaster. Wall of Frost and Wall of Mulch may be contenders for slowing down aggro until I can make an enormous Skulker.

Any thoughts on how to make this at least playable?

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Get some Aetherize in your sideboard for those no good Rabblerousers.

Prognostic is fine for Planeswalkers but you'll probably have to end up holding onto Counterspells to deal with them. Negate their chances of victory as it were.

I was thinking of using Dictate of Kruphix with Chasm Skulker. Would fit with your Enchantment theme. Maybe cut the Nylea's Presence for it? At the end of their turn, flash it in, trigger Eidolon, upkeep, return it to your hand via Riptide. Repeatable every turn you don't counter something.

-Kiora's Dismissal for sideboard in case of wipes? Supreme Verdict! In response, Kiora's Dismissal my Enchantment dudes back to my hand.
-Rapid Hybridization for sideboard, for anyone playing big things. Polukranos, Stormbreath, Baron Vizkopa.

Syphilis Fish
Apr 27, 2006
slamming Ordeal of Thassa on the chasm skulker is pretty solid value. You pretty much want the ordeal to go off ASAP, and then it just becomes a 1U divination with the added bonus of giving your guy 3 +1/+1 counters. (1 from the attack 2 from the card draw), basically Giant growthing him.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Looking for suggestions and sideboard help

Deck: Nyx Undead

//Lands
9 Forest
4 Llanowar Wastes
7 Swamp
4 Temple of Malady

//Spells
4 Commune with the Gods
4 Grisly Salvage

//Creatures
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Erebos's Emissary
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Nemesis of Mortals
4 Nighthowler
4 Satyr Wayfinder
4 Undergrowth Scavenger

//Sideboard
3 Bile Blight
3 Drown in Sorrow
2 Fate Unraveler
3 Feast of Dreams
1 Herald of Torment
3 Hero's Downfall

Display deck statistics

A variation on the Golgari graveyard deck that a lot of people have been trying out. This is the version I put together to try out at the next FNM, with the sideboard being mostly "These cards seem good against a lot of the popular decks and also I have them already," but it feels really haphazard. Bile Blight and Drown in Sorrow seem like they're good at against Mono B and Mono U devotion, Feast of Dream seems good against the Junk constellation decks, and Fate Unraveler feels like a good answer to Sphinx's Revelation, especially if they're hoping to use the card draw to find their removal.
I'm also sort of preparing for rotation - Overgrown Tomb would be good in this deck, but it feels hard to justify when it's rotating out soon. That said, Lotleth Troll and Grisly Salvage are perfect for this deck and aren't particularly expensive, so I'm keeping them in for now. I'm not really sure if they have a good replacement just yet. But any suggestions on either issue would be appreciated. I should have a better idea what I'm doing with this deck after I try it out at the next FNM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Hey guys!

I've been getting back into MTG the past couple months, so I've been cutting my teeth on some pre-releases and booster drafts. Now that I have a decent grasp on things again, I decided to build a cheap deck for the Game Day coming up.

I went with a mono-colored red aggro deck built to Sligh style. Any and all critique and thought are welcome, I want to make sure I perform at my best tomorrow.

(Quick sidenote, I'm working on getting several Rabblemasters and Eidolons of the Great Revel, the former for the mainboard and the latter for sideboard).

STANDARDhttp://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/red-sligh-attack/STANDARD

//Creatures

4x Akroan Crusader
2x Ash Zealot
4x Firedrinker Satyr
2x Firefist Striker
4x Foundry Street Denizen
4x Legion Loyalist
4x Rakdos Cackler
2x Rubblebelt Maaka

//Enchantments (11)

4x Dragon Mantle