Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

quote:

candied salmon eggs benedict

What the gently caress, I refuse to believe that's a real dish, that is disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bonestructure posted:

What the gently caress, I refuse to believe that's a real dish, that is disgusting.

I thought it was just missing a comma (candied salmon, eggs benedict). That sounds pretty good.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

sweeperbravo posted:

A migraine is just a big headache right? Literally exactly the same, right? I just get cool martyr cred for calling it a migraine instead of a headache?

It's a more painful headache that's focused on one area of the head.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Do you see that brand new fully loaded 2012 Chevy pick up?” *uses key fob* “That’s mine. :smug:

Seriously, a fully loaded 2012 pick up? Holy poo poo! Wow!

What was the point of the whole ID thing, though? It's got nothing to do with the rest of the story. Everybody gets carded, some places don't even care whether you look young.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

What was the point of the whole ID thing, though? It's got nothing to do with the rest of the story. Everybody gets carded, some places don't even care whether you look young.

It implies the security guard also thinks he's broke and there to get cheap food and not the expensive fancy restaurant.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hello dear sir, I can't seem to find the restaurant that can be seen from where I parked my car.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
I'm still hung up on the idea of candied salmon because goddamn does that poo poo sound disgusting, especially with eggs and cream sauce.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Hello I am sitting in the farthest corner of the restaurant with no view, but you can totally still see my super awesome car. Maybe it was parked at one of the booths.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Maybe everyone was giving him a hard time because he drove a truck through the restaurant wall. It actually turns out that they are the most patient people ever but from his point of view they were hassling him.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Surely, because it's set I'm Canada, it's a typo and he actually meant "Canadian Salmon eggs Benedict."

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I am 21 years old and slightly scruffy looking, but hold a prominent position in an ultrasonic based oil and gas service company in northern British Columbia.

Dude jumped on an oil rush and thinks that makes him Howard Hughes. It's kind of adorable.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Plus if you're rich as gently caress, yet dress like a hobo... Don't blame the service people if they think you're a hobo, you know?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

bonestructure posted:

Call it Salmon Roe and put it in sushi and no-one cares.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Someone told a baloney story on reddit with a photo of some silverware with a Nazi chicken stamped into it about how his grandmother stole those from a concentration camp she was a prisoner in, and uses them all the time.
Someone else on reddit who is an internet expert in Nazi silverware called it out as bogus.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

canyoneer posted:

Someone else on reddit who is an internet expert in Nazi silverware called it out as bogus.

I just love this sentence.

Also, my migraines tend to happen "in" my left eye.

posted:

The Process Of Elimination
BAR | UK | FLIRTING/HOW WE MET
(I am on the autism spectrum and my mind works in a very logical and analytical way. I’m having a quiet drink with a female friend (I’m also female) and a man is starting to bother us, staring in a creepy way and making lewd gestures. When I go to the bar he comes up to me.)

Man: “All right, sexy! Where’s your boyfriend?”

Me: “Well, that’s three assumptions you’ve made about me: that I’m heterosexual, that I have a boyfriend, and that I’m somehow not allowed to be out without a man. You know, only one of those is correct!”

Man: “Which one’s correct, then?”

Me: “Well, if you used your brain you’d realise that if the third statement is true then the first two must be, and if the second one is true then the first one must be. So it must be the first one, yes?”

Man: “What, so you’re telling me a lovely lady like you doesn’t have a boyfriend?”

Me: “That’s right.”

Man: “Why not?”

Me: “Is it compulsory for every woman to have a boyfriend?”

Man: “Well, no, but why don’t you?”

Me: “Perhaps I don’t want one?”

Man: “Why don’t you want one?”

Me: “Er… maybe because I’m married?”

Man: *he looks at my wedding ring and actually jumps backwards* “WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY SO BEFORE?!”

Me: “Actually, you never asked. Nor did you ask if I were interested in you, which I’m clearly not. Now I’d appreciate it if you left me and my friend alone because we’re not interested and not because you think we ‘belong’ to another man!”

Man: “That’s fine by me. You’re both ugly, anyway!”

(That would explain why he called me ‘sexy’!)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bringmyfishback posted:

I just love this sentence.

Also, my migraines tend to happen "in" my left eye.

She might have been bi or even one of those tumblr sexualities like asexual, so her logic is bollocks.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The only way any of these people could possibly get out their long-winded sentences in time to BURN the other person is if you opened their control panel and set their speed settings to 4x

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

What is it about autism and the other disorders on the spectrum that has turbonerds thinking it's the best thing ever to have? Not understanding social behavior and cues doesn't make you the God King of Logic. Granted, a good number of people on the spectrum do consistently operate on some type of logic, but nothing says it has to be the right logic, especially given obsessive behavior is kind of a hallmark of the spectrum.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Not understanding social behavior and cues doesn't make you the God King of Logic.

I was going to say, for someone as autistic as she seems to think she is, she sure is good at not only picking up on those subtle social behavioral cues from the guy she's interacting with, but also knowing how to use them to lay down sick burns.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

AngryRobotsInc posted:

What is it about autism and the other disorders on the spectrum that has turbonerds thinking it's the best thing ever to have? Not understanding social behavior and cues doesn't make you the God King of Logic. Granted, a good number of people on the spectrum do consistently operate on some type of logic, but nothing says it has to be the right logic, especially given obsessive behavior is kind of a hallmark of the spectrum.
They hear stereotypes/watch stupid movies where it's made out to be a superpower that makes you the smartest person on the face of the earth but socially awkward. This includes regular people but turbo nerds are different in that they think the terrible things about being autistic, like having a lot of trouble making connections with people, are no big deal. About that story, I actually am on the spectrum and I don't talk like a robot or have met any other autistic people who do either. Whoever wrote that is just pretentious as hell.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

moerketid posted:

This so loving much. Especially if you have to tell people "I had a migraine, I could not move because I would vomit" and they're all "wtf how can headache make you sick" because the misuse is just so drat common.

Also people who think that the flu is just a really bad cold.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Seventh Arrow posted:

Or depression is just being sad because your grandpa died a week ago

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Seventh Arrow posted:

I dunno dude I get the flu for 40 hours per year.

Pit of Despair
Feb 1, 2008

One mother held her baby's face to the floor and chewed off his feet and fingers.

"Hello, I am completely normal successful human being, not alien in that I speak so well? Please to be showing me to the Earth defense structure now?" *Brandishes key fob, blinks eye stalks, screeches and jumps back into the shadows*

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

moerketid posted:

This so loving much. Especially if you have to tell people "I had a migraine, I could not move because I would vomit" and they're all "wtf how can headache make you sick" because the misuse is just so drat common.

Yeah, there's "migraines" which is someone just wanting some sympathy for having a bad headache and then there are migraines where you're ultra sensitive to the smallest amount of light or sound, are vomiting like mad or, in my case, you can't feel the right side of your face.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Aug 8, 2014

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

Haggis Heed posted:

Surely, because it's set I'm Canada, it's a typo and he actually meant "Canadian Salmon eggs Benedict."

http://www.myneighbourhoodrestaurant.ca/

Smoked Salmon Benny
Maple smoked west coast “candied” salmon piled onto our freshly made biscuit and topped with
poached eggs and a rich dilled hollandaise 13.50

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Celery Face posted:

They hear stereotypes/watch stupid movies where it's made out to be a superpower that makes you the smartest person on the face of the earth but socially awkward. This includes regular people but turbo nerds are different in that they think the terrible things about being autistic, like having a lot of trouble making connections with people, are no big deal. About that story, I actually am on the spectrum and I don't talk like a robot or have met any other autistic people who do either. Whoever wrote that is just pretentious as hell.

Yeah, that's basically it. "I'm socially awkward, just like Mr. Spock and Data from Star Trek! That means I'm smart like them, too!" Plus, who even needs friends when you have a genius brain to depend on? (The answer is everybody, everyone needs to depend on others at least some of the time.)

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Yeah, that's basically it. "I'm socially awkward, just like Mr. Spock and Data from Star Trek! That means I'm smart like them, too!" Plus, who even needs friends when you have a genius brain to depend on? (The answer is everybody, everyone needs to depend on others at least some of the time.)

Remember the Jimmy Neutron episode where Sheen wishes he was even smarter than Jimmy and he ends up being miserable because being that smart makes him also really really mean and nobody wanted to be his friend anymore

That's what I always think of when I read this kind of garbage from people like that

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Testekill posted:

Yeah, there's "migraines" which is someone just wanting some sympathy for having a bad headache and then there are migraines where you're ultra sensitive to the smallest amount of light or sound, are vomiting like mad or, in my case, you can't feel the right side of your face.

Yeah I don't think I've ever had a migraine but my wife has them really bad sometimes, whenever she gets them she is pretty much bedridden and if she even so much as rolls over she will throw up.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I don't think I've ever had a migraine but my wife has them really bad sometimes, whenever she gets them she is pretty much bedridden and if she even so much as rolls over she will throw up.

Migraine is a serious neurological disorder. It's more than "just a headache".

This is a different sort of headache:

quote:

Deaf To Reason, Part 4
HOME IMPROVEMENT | MISSISSAUGA, ON, CANADA | AT THE CHECKOUT, AWESOME CUSTOMERS, BAD BEHAVIOR
(I am a cashier at a home improvement retail store, and an old lady comes up to my till holding a few cleaning supplies.)

Me: Hi! How are you today?”

Customer: *no answer*

Me: “How are you today?”

Customer: *no answer*

Me: “Okay, your total comes to $17.36. Will that be on your store credit card?”

Customer: *no answer, inserts card into reader and enters pin*

Me: *hands her her receipt* “Thanks a lot! Have a good day!”

Customer: “D*** kids! You could have at least said something. Isn’t it your job to make conversation with the customer? So rude!”

Me: “I did. I asked you how you were doing, I asked if your purchase will be on our credit card, and I hoped you have a good day.”

Customer: “Well, how was I supposed to know that? I’m as deaf as anything!”

Me: *getting annoyed because of the lineup forming behind her* “You just heard what I said, ma’am. Have a good day.”

Customer: “Well, I never! I’m going to get your rude a** fired!”

Me: All right. You have a nice day, too.

(The next customer walks up.)

Next Customer: “Hi. I was wondering if you could charge me for a pack of toilet paper? That lady spread BS all over here.”

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Vicodiva posted:

http://www.myneighbourhoodrestaurant.ca/

Smoked Salmon Benny
Maple smoked west coast “candied” salmon piled onto our freshly made biscuit and topped with
poached eggs and a rich dilled hollandaise 13.50

Canadians are loving disgusting.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Migraine is a serious neurological disorder. It's more than "just a headache".

This is a different sort of headache:

When did IKEA start selling toilet paper?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Haggis Heed posted:

When did IKEA start selling toilet paper?

I don't even want to think about what you do with the allen wrench.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I know someone who is autism spectrum and instead of being clever and super witty and smart hes just kinda annoying and awkward.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"All right, sexy! Where's your boyfriend?" sounds like a badly translated line from a cartoon, or something a Japanese man in a cowboy hat might say.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Testekill posted:

I get migraines but I don't get headaches. That is fun to explain to people.

(I DO get the aura, the nausea, the light sensitivity and the exhaustion afterwards).

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Never had a migraine :c00l:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Never had a migraine :c00l:

Same.

Not sure about autism tho

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pookah posted:

I get migraines but I don't get headaches. That is fun to explain to people.

(I DO get the aura, the nausea, the light sensitivity and the exhaustion afterwards).

I get those sometimes.

Also, what's with all of you taking Excedrin. Go get some imitrex. I inject it, migraine goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Not understanding social behavior and cues doesn't make you the God King of Logic.

Also, surely not being allowed outside without a man doesn't logically entail having a boyfriend? You could be required to be out with your father or someone.

• Locked thread