Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Some of them are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm hoping we get a voyager ironhide with a screen accurate body and a toy accurate trailer. The Universe 2.0 one wasn't that great(or the proper shade of red). But since they're giving us yet another Optimus, a Jetfire, and two more Megatrons. I think we could count a front of a van combining with the back or a robot riding the back part as a skiff as a form of combining.

Mind you they're counting the separate legends guys becoming weapons for the larger toys as a form of combining.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eh I dunno, I'd rather let the battle platform remain forgotten forever. Same about the windshield-face actually.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Eh I dunno, I'd rather let the battle platform remain forgotten forever. Same about the windshield-face actually.

Yeah but if he had the battle platform that means we can get an Ironhide without the windshield face and he has a similar transformation to the G1 toy. It also means they have a lot less parts to figure into a proper robot mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 7, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm a real fan of Leader Ironhide from DOTM, too, if only because he's got this going:

(I made that gif myself, just for this post.)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I got this kit today:

It's pretty good, it matches the original plastic really well and does a good job of turning a bad mold into a fairly tolerable one. And it unfolds into robot mode G1-esque wings without partsforming.

It doesn't match the new movie two-pack FoC Grimlock with the chrome though, that uses a lighter shade of grey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He looks like he's squatting off the desk and taking a poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper just got added to my POL. Gears and Acidstorm are sill on preorder strangely enough.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

He looks like he's squatting off the desk and taking a poo poo.
Yes, but now he has a solid undercarriage while doing so.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Well I just thought it was 30 awesome new figures that would be fairly easy to get. (unlike Rattrap)

Nope, instead they want you to get convention exclusive Metroplexes twice from opposite sides of the Pacific. I don't think a "Collect Them All!" package blurb has ever been more laughable.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Is Hasbro able to use "transform" instead of "convert" on its packaging now? I was at Target and saw those new AOE RC cars and they had "transforming" and similar forms when describing the features.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MP Soundwave hands upgrade WIP

This looks like it might be interesting once it's ready.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

HiriseSoftware posted:

Is Hasbro able to use "transform" instead of "convert" on its packaging now? I was at Target and saw those new AOE RC cars and they had "transforming" and similar forms when describing the features.
Watch Aaron Archer's presentation on Vangelus' channel to get a better idea why they avoided it, but basically they can use transform but shy away from it since it is a core component of the brand's terminology they don't want to dilute.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Larger stock photos of Takara Skybite and Jetfire have emerged, and yup, it looks like they're ditching the chrome for paint:

also: "TRANSFORM"

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Takara sky bite and jet fire preordered. Any known differences for road buster?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Phy posted:

Larger stock photos of Takara Skybite and Jetfire have emerged, and yup, it looks like they're ditching the chrome for paint:

Hmmmmmm I wonder if the extra $50 is worth it for no chrome.

Don't the Takara figures somtimes have chrome? Why do we get stuck with the chrome figure that looks bad? :I

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Phy posted:

I don't really mind Jetfire with the chrome from the pics I've seen even if it seemed an odd choice, but drat does it ever look a lot nicer without it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeah it seems really weird for me to see Takara volunteering a lack of chrome for a change.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Something's wrong.

I can't fit it into my chest.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I'll be over with a chainsaw, a garden trowel, and some brass hinges. Put on some Stan Bush and we'll get this sorted out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
yeah, that is straight up not life sized.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Something's wrong.

I can't fit it into my chest.

What's with the tank top, man?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

What's with the tank top, man?

I was driving with the top down today and wanted to not have a farmer tan.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I was driving with the top down today and wanted to not have a farmer tan.

Yeah that makes sense.

On a more serious note, which Matrix is that? Is it the Diamond Collectibles one they only made a few thousand of or is it something else?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah that makes sense.

On a more serious note, which Matrix is that? Is it the Diamond Collectibles one they only made a few thousand of or is it something else?

It's the chinese knockoff. Scored it for $80 shipped. Junkion Blacksmith is the brand I think.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What kind of Lenovo is that? Did you buy it after seeing Dark of the Moon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

What kind of Lenovo is that? Did you buy it after seeing Dark of the Moon?

The kind that is a flaming pile of poo poo.

But I had a friend working at Best Buy at the time. It was open box, bought and returned the same day, she was able to do some deal magic on it for me. Still a pile of poo poo though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Anora posted:

yeah, that is straight up not life sized.

A life sized matrix would be the size of a man and weigh like 800 lbs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes, and if you're going to do something, do it with style or don't bother doing it.

Anora posted:

And you don't have a crane and several technicians on hand for that sort of project?

What sort of Transformers fan are you?

Yeah. :colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 8, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

And you don't have a crane and several technicians on hand for that sort of project?

What sort of Transformers fan are you?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So that Platinum edition of Movie Optimus is coming with the MP-10 Trailer. Does the trailer look in scale with any of the Classics Generations Optimi? Because it's going to be way cheaper than MP-10 to get.

With Huffer finally coming out I'll have all the CHUG bots to recreate the original 13, but there's still a trailer sized void.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

So that Platinum edition of Movie Optimus is coming with the MP-10 Trailer.

Wait, what?

In any case, as an MP-10 Haver, I can attest that the attachment mechanism alone is incompatible with anything other than MP-10 or Roller. It's also ludicrously too large for Classics VOY Prime.

EDIT: Looking at it, it's the FE Leader shitmold with a G1-colored ROTF DLX Sideswipe and a redecoed MP-10 trailer that apparantly hooks onto the truck mode?

I'm honestly surprised no one mentioned that the FE Leader was compatible with the MP-10 trailer - unless that's new to this tooling of the mold.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 8, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I know it's been a while and there's a new Fort Max out, but would anyone still be interested in my original G1 Fort Max? It's dusty and dinged up, I know.

I'm in the midst of a move I need money for and I'd like to sell him as soon as possible, if anyone would like him.

EDIT: Tried to attach a photo with no luck, for some reason... unless you can see it and I can't.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 8, 2014

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So today is opening night for Transformers 4 in Japan! I can't wait! It's a good movie, right guys? Right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Your country has just contracted Robot Cancer. I'm afraid it's transforminal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Goon posted:

So today is opening night for Transformers 4 in Japan! I can't wait! It's a good movie, right guys? Right?

It's beyond words.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

What the hell did I just watch? :psyduck:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A movie that made a billion dollars.

humans are dumb.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

No I get it, narratively it made more sense than 2 or 3, but:

1) Why didn't Optimus just reformat himself in the first place if he could just go from shitbucket to shiny new truck?

2) Why do robots made of flying-Lego-block-metal-stuff have gears, fluid and hoses? Why do they explode normally? Why do they even become robots at all?

3) Why did they need a spaceship to get off planet when they could have simply used Optimus's rocket boots (and did he really actually pull a Poochie at the end??) ?

My head is still reeling from the never ending explosions, but I think I actually enjoyed the movie for the most part, except for the transformium morphing bullshit. That was probably the most nonsensical and stupid thing of the film.

Then again it was almost worth it just to see Dinobots tearing poo poo up on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Goon posted:

No I get it, narratively it made more sense than 2 or 3, but:

1) Why didn't Optimus just reformat himself in the first place if he could just go from shitbucket to shiny new truck?

2) Why do robots made of flying-Lego-block-metal-stuff have gears, fluid and hoses? Why do they explode normally? Why do they even become robots at all?

3) Why did they need a spaceship to get off planet when they could have simply used Optimus's rocket boots (and did he really actually pull a Poochie at the end??) ?

My head is still reeling from the never ending explosions, but I think I actually enjoyed the movie for the most part, except for the transformium morphing bullshit. That was probably the most nonsensical and stupid thing of the film.

Then again it was almost worth it just to see Dinobots tearing poo poo up on the big screen.

1) He actually got Cade to fix him first.

2) A 3rd-party company just created figures with transformation so complex it's alien to normal people.

3) I think he got that upgrade when he grabbed the sword. Also next movie he is totally going to become Star Saber, which is appropriate given how Star Saber is portrayed in IDW comics now.

Speaking of Star Saber, this is how big the Saber part of Masterpiece Star Saber is going to be: