Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

revolther posted:

You guys are like crazy abused spouses, full of hope at first, slapped around, beaten up, passed around, and somehow you're still convinced it will be really great while damning yourself for not being pretty enough.

Better get that meatloaf in the oven or AC:Divinity won't love you.

If we try hard enough, we can change Ubisoft. That's part of the reason we're so attracted to Ubisoft. CD Projekt Red is nice but just doesn't have that "bad boy" appeal, ya know?

Seriously though the only AC game I've felt burned by was 3. The others have all ranged from great to good imo so I'm not too worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've enjoyed all the AC games I've played. Even 3. Looking forward to Unity but probably won't pick it up until after the new year because Destiny.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Metro Redux released a ~6 min exposé on the changes for the Redux versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CldcNrxJCdw

I'm stoked. Have 2033 on PC but couldn't run it well enough to enjoy at all. I wanted digital but if the disc has both and winds up being cheaper I guess I'll continue to add more stupid physical media.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pleads posted:

I'm stoked. Have 2033 on PC but couldn't run it well enough to enjoy at all. I wanted digital but if the disc has both and winds up being cheaper I guess I'll continue to add more stupid physical media.

Isn't the disc more expensive since tax? (unless you live in Europe) also I'm pretty sure the disc has both and the only difference is digitally you can buy them one at a time so that means you could buy 2033 by itself and whenever you finish it, last light might be on sale.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Ineffiable posted:

Isn't the disc more expensive since tax? (unless you live in Europe) also I'm pretty sure the disc has both and the only difference is digitally you can buy them one at a time so that means you could buy 2033 by itself and whenever you finish it, last light might be on sale.

Chances are the disc will drop in price much faster than the digital version will go on sale. I expect to get it from Gamefly week one for ~$35 after discounts and coupons.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
Uh so this morning my PS4 was acting funky. I have a launch console with a 750gb WD Black drive inside.

Everything starts normally, but when I choose a username to sign in on, it gives me the confirmation sound of clicking, but then the system just acts as though I didn't press X or O. Background still swirling, music still playing, but unable to use arrow keys or face keys. PS button + off and all that still works (though it gives three beeps as it shuts off/sleep modes). First time noticing any problems.

Crazy theory but my internet isn't working this morning either. PS4 is wired ethernet connected. Related?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Did you pull the cable out and try it that way?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Did you pull the cable out and try it that way?

Was in a rush to get out of the house this morning but I'll try it next chance I get. Seems like a strange way to react to no internet.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Seedge posted:

You have to do it again for the other faction :D

Ah, seriously. That's incredibly loving lame. At least it won't take me 40 hours like KZ2, but MP trophies are the loving worst.

I guess, Naughtydog snagged me to play another 83 loving multiplayer games. I might have to "skip" some days this next time though.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Scyron posted:

Ah, seriously. That's incredibly loving lame. At least it won't take me 40 hours like KZ2, but MP trophies are the loving worst.

I guess, Naughtydog snagged me to play another 83 loving multiplayer games. I might have to "skip" some days this next time though.

How would you skip days?

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Seedge posted:

How would you skip days?

Quit at the beginning of a match and let your guys get sick/hungry. Moves a day forward for 30 seconds of your time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yo a ton of poo poo in OP about thumb stick accessories and such. Probably going to add xbone ones here soon

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

gameday posted:

I'll wait for the remastered version on PS4 and play it during the next drought.

Yeah, I'm almost positive AC: Rogue will be a spring/summer 2015 title.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
So yeah a few complaints about my PS4 now that I've had time to reflect after several months of ownership.

- Battery life sucks. I opened up the controller and there is a paltry 850mah battery in there. The rubber on mine is already starting to wear and I've used the thing sparingly, maybe 40 total hours in the past 8 months.
- The lightbar is utterly pointless
- The thumbsticks should have been concave. This didn't bother me until I started playing for longer than 30 minutes at a time where you have to correct your grip on the sticks constantly
- It's loud. My PS4 is fairly audible while playing a game even over the speakers. Some people say theirs is whisper quiet, I have trouble believing this as I've been to several friends and theirs sounds the same as mine. Yes its been cleaned and sits at low room temp in a well ventilated blah blah blah.

So it looks like I'll be ordering thumbsticks to mod my controller and a new battery or charger. I think I'm just stuck with the noisy console itself. It seems kind of lovely to have to spend more money to fix these problems though. For all of the Bones problems its pretty quiet thanks to the power brick and the controller is solid.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: That sounded a bit console warriorish even in jest so taking it out.

Yeah I do agree with the pulse light. Even the new updated feature doesn't kill of it. It just "dims" the light so it's still a pretty lovely battery life.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 8, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

I'm not entirely sure it's a good game just yet, but I feel the need to try and understand it. It seems like there's the potential for a good game under there, but I'd agree with the opinion other people have expressed in this thread that it would be better served with set puzzle pieces rather than the wholly randomised aspect of it.

A lot of the combinations are really weird, and make little sense. e.g. Three Imps = Parent; Bear Statue + Mortar = Ice, and the like. I guess they want you to experiment, but there doesn't seem to be any overall logic to some of them, which means you have to brute force things until you find out which items actually combo in a meaningful way.

A couple of things:

1) first and foremost, per your original post regarding all that hullabaloo about the basement. I did none of that (pots, smashing, cats, etc) and my Basement is always open after year 2. Hell I didn't even know you could smash pots and make stools.

2) I said how much I enjoyed the game but that I found it hit a difficulty wall a little early and that it felt like it actively punished* you, and the Dev saw and responded that they were seriously considering an easier mode (off-leaderboards) that people could play to get used to the mechanics before attempting the existing (harder) mode.

3) Some of the more intricate puzzles ARE hand crafted. (This is why banishing creatures in your basement doesn't remove them 100%, only from procedural maps.) But like, for example, that one year 3 or 4 (I think) map with all the vertically moving imps is hand crafted.

* the part where when you drop down to extremely low health all the spirits on the board turn brown and start chasing you down just seems like spitting in your face when you've already just about lost. Why when I'm moments from losing my game do you want to make it harder? Why not see if I could perhaps mount a comeback without heaping punishment on me.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh and where the gently caress is standby resume/suspend for games?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And why haven't they fixed the game recorder yet?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

monkeu posted:

I've got these coming in the mail:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps-freek-cqc.html

I haven't had a chance to actually try them yet, but from what I've read they're the most recommended brand. You can also get longer ones but I'm only after a little bit of extra height but heaps better grip.

My CQC's will be here today also. Will report back. :)

Also... do we know for sure the Destiny White controllers will be a buyable thing? I assumed all the white poo poo was just all part of the Destiny Bundle.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

^ you can pre-order them amazon September 9th same day as desinty bundle I think I linked it in OP

Here it is again

PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller (Glacier White) by Sony Computer Entertainment http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVP76G0/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ohq5tb0HVRCC1

The Gunslinger posted:

Oh and where the gently caress is standby resume/suspend for games?

So did they officially say that's coming or did some Sony dude ramble about it on twitter or what

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Christoff posted:

So did they officially say that's coming or did some Sony dude ramble about it on twitter or what

It was announced at the PS4 reveal press conference.

e: And then pretty quickly listed as "coming soon"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Gunslinger posted:

So yeah a few complaints about my PS4 now that I've had time to reflect after several months of ownership.

- Battery life sucks. I opened up the controller and there is a paltry 850mah battery in there. The rubber on mine is already starting to wear and I've used the thing sparingly, maybe 40 total hours in the past 8 months.
- The lightbar is utterly pointless
- The thumbsticks should have been concave. This didn't bother me until I started playing for longer than 30 minutes at a time where you have to correct your grip on the sticks constantly
- It's loud. My PS4 is fairly audible while playing a game even over the speakers. Some people say theirs is whisper quiet, I have trouble believing this as I've been to several friends and theirs sounds the same as mine. Yes its been cleaned and sits at low room temp in a well ventilated blah blah blah.

So it looks like I'll be ordering thumbsticks to mod my controller and a new battery or charger. I think I'm just stuck with the noisy console itself. It seems kind of lovely to have to spend more money to fix these problems though. For all of the Bones problems its pretty quiet thanks to the power brick and the controller is solid.

My PS4 is like completely silent. I think there was one game that made the fans spin up but I don't remember what it was. Something lovely, maybe Dead Rising? The rest of the time I've never heard it. But mine isn't in any kind of entertainment center at all.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Where's my mp3 support sony?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shindragon posted:

Coming before Christmas according to a verified Sony rep on Neogaf.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shindragon posted:

In 2004 where it belongs.

(But yeah, holiday season. Then DLNA in early 2015.)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

My PS4 is like completely silent. I think there was one game that made the fans spin up but I don't remember what it was. Something lovely, maybe Dead Rising? The rest of the time I've never heard it. But mine isn't in any kind of entertainment center at all.

The fans on mine (launch unit) definitely spin up but even at its worst it's barely audible. It's worlds better than my slim PS3, maybe a touch louder than my slim Xbox 360?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dead Rising is on the Bone, maybe you meant Dead Nation?

I just have trouble believing that every single PS4 I've seen is defective but maybe the early batches had lovely fans or something. I have very little ambient noise in my place so perhaps I just notice it more.

quote:

It was on the official list of features on their site and so on.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mine is barely audible over quiet sound/average room noise at full fan speed.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mine's silent when it's not running a disc game. It sounds like a jet engine when running a disc game, but pretty quiet when playing a bluray movie. :shrug:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I don't think I've ever heard my PS4 make a noise and I sit like 5 feet from it. Launch unit.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't think I've ever heard my PS4 make a noise and I sit like 5 feet from it. Launch unit.

Ok then, I'm sending this thing back while its still under warranty.

You better not live next to a highway or something.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Pleads posted:

I know it's weird but this is one of the games I'm most excited about for PS4. I've played through both Metros and they are some of my favorite games for PC. I love the world and their story telling and the only other games that make me tense like they do is TLOU.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

The Gunslinger posted:

Ok then, I'm sending this thing back while its still under warranty.

You better not live next to a highway or something.

Nope. Just turned it on and stood right next to it and whatever little whirring noises it does make I can barely hear, and once the menu music started it became impossible to hear the console at all. I started up The Last of Us and didn't hear it read the disc at all.

Like another poster said I don't have mine trapped in an entertainment center or anything. It's out in the open.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok I was with you until that edit. You didn't hear it read the disc from standing right next to it? The BD drive is pretty audible at game start up, much moreso than the system.

I will contact support and see about getting a replacement but I'm starting to wonder if people are exaggerating. My PS4 isn't Xbox 360 launch loud or something but I definitely hear it constantly and after playing something for awhile it does get a bit annoying.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 8, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

More Unity info:

quote:

•NO MORE AUTO-FAIL MISSIONS! The missions now adapt to what happens when you play and don't follow any script. There will be changes and consequences for how you handle missions, but no longer will you get desynchronized for being spotted.

I am real hype for this game.

This is actually kind of odd. Changes/consequences in important missions don't really fit with AC since the whole point is that what you're playing though 'already happened' and the intention is for you to recreate it as accurately as possible for better synchronisation. I mean, that's not exactly conducive to great gameplay, but it'll be interesting to see how this is implemented.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BreakAtmo posted:

This is actually kind of odd. Changes/consequences in important missions don't really fit with AC since the whole point is that what you're playing though 'already happened' and the intention is for you to recreate it as accurately as possible for better synchronisation. I mean, that's not exactly conducive to great gameplay, but it'll be interesting to see how this is implemented.
I really think this is just going to be an extension of the "do it again if you are a perfectionist and want 100% sync" thing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Gunslinger posted:

Dead Rising is on the Bone, maybe you meant Dead Nation?

I just have trouble believing that every single PS4 I've seen is defective but maybe the early batches had lovely fans or something. I have very little ambient noise in my place so perhaps I just notice it more.

It was on the official list of features on their site and so on.

Dead Nation is definitely what I meant, yes. Whatever the crappy zombie twin stick PS Plus freebie was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Starting with AC4 the Animus is way improved.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I wonder if AC: Rogue will be the continuation of the present day stuff that Black Flag did and Unity is new present day stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

BreakAtmo posted:

I imagine it might be something like if you get spotted then your target will retreat to a more defended area and it will be more difficult to get the kill off. So historically it maintains since you still kill the guy in the end but the actual mission parameters change slightly.

• Locked thread