Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
The lab next door has something that has been loudly and frequently beeping for about 2 hours now. Now I'm going to have to go work in a coffeeshop to avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I was supposedly told to perform a procedure on Wednesday on a dog in a way that, once explained a day later, was so laughable that I thought it was a loving joke. Which is probably why I didn't recognize my instructions? The Doctor on duty and I did it the correct and safe way and were completely bitched out by the practice owners because it took more time? and personnel and both those are apparently money. But, you know, being sued because a needle lacerated an unattended dog's spleen is a total write off. Or having the tub occupied for 2 hours and the groomer unable to use it, that's just dandy too.

Two people tapping fluid from an unsedated dog's abdomen in a safe and correct manner for thirty minutes is wrong. One person and one trainee with no animal experience leaving an aggressive dog with 18g needles sticking out of its abdomen to drain for 2hrs with minimal supervision is apparently right. We're not even supposed to leave a muzzled dog unattended, much less a muzzled dog with needles poking out of it.

My first world problem is that I can't believe I got yelled at for doing the right thing both for my doctor, myself, my hospital and the dog. Jesus Christ.

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
My fellow nerds and I in the D&D group trade off cooking each week so that we're not spending all our money on horrible takeout. I have warned my friends that they'll be eating my culinary experiments, good or bad. It's my turn this week, and since I have half a pepperoni and some leftover prosciutto, I figured, hey, calzones. And hey again, last time I did this it wound up doughy as hell, so let's brush the top with olive oil, add a little parmesan, little garlic powder, and make like the garlic bread is baked in. I had a little dough and filling goop left over, so I made myself a tester to find out early what I was subjecting my friends to.

Oh dear, garlic Christ, this is the best thing I've ever made in my life. It's like God Himself channeled through my hands and made His Own Divine Hot Pocket.

And now I have to wait until tomorrow to eat the rest of them. And I have to share them, and not eat every single one.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Umbilical Lotus posted:

My fellow nerds and I in the D&D group trade off cooking each week so that we're not spending all our money on horrible takeout. I have warned my friends that they'll be eating my culinary experiments, good or bad. It's my turn this week, and since I have half a pepperoni and some leftover prosciutto, I figured, hey, calzones. And hey again, last time I did this it wound up doughy as hell, so let's brush the top with olive oil, add a little parmesan, little garlic powder, and make like the garlic bread is baked in. I had a little dough and filling goop left over, so I made myself a tester to find out early what I was subjecting my friends to.

Oh dear, garlic Christ, this is the best thing I've ever made in my life. It's like God Himself channeled through my hands and made His Own Divine Hot Pocket.

And now I have to wait until tomorrow to eat the rest of them. And I have to share them, and not eat every single one.

Tell your friends they turned out too garlicky and were inedible. Bring pizza and horde that food!

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!

something clever posted:

Tell your friends they turned out too garlicky and were inedible. Bring pizza and horde that food!

Too... garlicky. TOO garlicky. As in... too MUCH garlic?

I'm afraid I don't understand you.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
I have a waterproof case for my iPod touch which allows me to lay in my pool and control music on my outdoor speakers at the same time. I just kinda don't like the look of the case though, and no one seems to make good looking waterproof cases. Also, wifi doesn't work well underwater so if I let the case dangle off of my floaty, it loses connection and I have to reconnect.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

I have a waterproof case for my iPod touch which allows me to lay in my pool and control music on my outdoor speakers at the same time. I just kinda don't like the look of the case though, and no one seems to make good looking waterproof cases. Also, wifi doesn't work well underwater so if I let the case dangle off of my floaty, it loses connection and I have to reconnect.

Best possible problem.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have too many comics to read but I only work four days a week. Today is supposed to be about laying around reading Preacher but the organic sauerkraut on my breakfast is making me a little uncomfortable.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I'm holding a rehabbed screech owl on a glove right now (posting from mobile) and I want nothing more than to hug him and squeeze him and call him George. But, y'know, wildlife. I'll just have to settle for holding this cute li'l fella.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Oh Hell No posted:

I'm holding a rehabbed screech owl on a glove right now (posting from mobile) and I want nothing more than to hug him and squeeze him and call him George. But, y'know, wildlife. I'll just have to settle for holding this cute li'l fella.

Why are there no pictures in this post?

My first world problem is I don't know if my alternator is dying or if it was just an old as gently caress battery.

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yeah come on buddy, don't hold owlt on us :iamafag:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

First world problem.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I got bit by a mosquito and it really itches :(

Now I feel phantom bugs landing on me and it's really annoying.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
This Friday I will likely have a new job that will afford me disposable income, but I want to buy video games and play them now, not a few days from now!!

(My roommate loved the first Mario Galaxy, and I want to buy the second one so we can play and hang out).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got bit by a mosquito and it really itches :(
This is definitely a first world problem. If you live in a third-world hellhole with tons of standing water and, consequentially, mosquitoes like Cambodia or Louisiana you get bitten so often you don't itch at all anymore.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

This is definitely a first world problem. If you live in a third-world hellhole with tons of standing water and, consequentially, mosquitoes like Cambodia or Louisiana you get bitten so often you don't itch at all anymore.

:(

Scarily enough, a valid first world problem is the shitstorm in Ferguson. Holy gently caress they doubled down on the crazy tonight. 2 reporters arrested, tear gassed a news crew AND arrested an alderman.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I stumbled upon some chat logs with an old ex of mine, and now I miss her (even though she was terrible for me).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

kannonfodder posted:

I stumbled upon some chat logs with an old ex of mine, and now I miss her (even though she was terrible for me).

It's okay she tells people you were "The. Worst."

Content: No tomatoes so I couldn't put slices in my eggs with onions and cilantro this morning. :sigh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I get off work in an hour but the trains have been a little weird and it takes me an extra 10 minutes to get home. I could take a taxi but I want to get beer on the way and would feel guilty for making the driver wait

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MariusLecter posted:

It's okay she tells people you were "The. Worst."

Content: No tomatoes so I couldn't put slices in my eggs with onions and cilantro this morning. :sigh:

I never thought to put cilantro in eggs and now I want some, but I already are the eggs so I'm full, and anyways the store is a 10 minute walk away. Cilantro :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I want to try out a recipe I found online, but all the quantities are in cups or tablespoons or teaspoons, and I'm having trouble figuring them out. It's easy enough for liquids, but how am I supposed to measure a cup of cantaloupe? The weight per volume depends on how large the bits I cut it into are!

Why won't they use more sane measurements? Like grams. Grams are good :argh:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Mikl posted:

I want to try out a recipe I found online, but all the quantities are in cups or tablespoons or teaspoons, and I'm having trouble figuring them out. It's easy enough for liquids, but how am I supposed to measure a cup of cantaloupe? The weight per volume depends on how large the bits I cut it into are!

Unless you need a specific size or shape, cut it into small pieces and use however much you can heap into a cup measure. Except for baking, cooking recipes are rarely that strict.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had to actually go to the branch of the bank today because the mobile app didn't recognize the amount of the check correctly :qq:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It's Friday afternoon and it's a really nice, sunny day and I finish work at 2:00pm (in just under 90 minutes) but I've been feeling a little bit sick all day (just vague nausea) and my eyelid won't stop violently twitching and I really just want to go home now :(

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Mikl posted:

First world problem: cups as a measuring unit really loving piss me off.
A "cup"? Who the gently caress standardised the size of a cup? And why didn't we ditch that poo poo along with the Imperial system?

...Oh wait, I live in Britain, and the Imperial system clings to our proverbial neck like some kind of leech because of all the anti-Europe whackos who won't let it DIE.

gently caress YOU AND YOUR AVOIRDUPOIS/TROY OUNCES!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I keep getting emails, two or three times a week, from Facebook telling me I need to log in because I have notifications pending.

But every time I do, I'm told I have no notifications.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

My airconditioning is too cold.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'm about to go to a job interview where the job will hopefully be much better than my current jobs and will definitely pay more. But I'm tired and just want to take a nap. I'll have the rest of the day off after the interview, but I'm sleepy NOW.

Also the interview location is a 30 minute drive from my house. It will likely take longer to get there and back than the interview itself will take.
:( Naptime seems soooo far away...

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
The new tissue boxes I got from Sams Club are too big to fit in my novelty Easter Island head tissue dispenser.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

My HDMI to mini HDMI converter broke so I have to use a VGA cable for my monitor and now my 1080p isn't as crisp :smithicide:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need to go shopping for food and I need to change the sheets on my bed, but dammit I am tired and just don't want to do anything tonight.

Also, my oven quit working a few months back, and I thought about it today and realized it was probably just the plug, so if it turns out to be just that I am going to be so incredibly pissed off :argh:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Trying to learn new computer skills and the software in charge of playing videos sucks and doesn't recognize when I try to interact with it. Why is advanced technological society so haaaaaard?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I have a whole-week vacation scheduled for the week after next.

Preparing to be away from home for a full week is a terrible hassle.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I should spend my time learning Python but I'm already working 11 hour days.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I didn't get a job because they chose someone who "would like the [paper]work better and felt id leave for a job with more customer service"

I was too personable for a government office job.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

omnibobb posted:

I didn't get a job because they chose someone who "would like the [paper]work better and felt id leave for a job with more customer service"

I was too personable for a government office job.
My husband was told he didn't get a job because he had too much supervisory experience when they specifically asked him if he had any because it would be helpful.

Job hunting is dumb.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I want to listen to some music at work. I forgot to plug my tablet in last night so I can't use that. I only have a mono-headset for my phone so I'm not using that. I thought I'd hit up YouTube. Nope. "Entertainment" videos are blocked by the proxy.
I guess I'll sit in silence this afternoon.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
These dim sums have too much meat and not enough wrapper :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My chrome thumbnail for the forums updated, and I don't have the pretty lady telling me the forums are down anymore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Esmerelda posted:

My husband was told he didn't get a job because he had too much supervisory experience when they specifically asked him if he had any because it would be helpful.

Job hunting is dumb.

"We're looking for someone who can work outside the corporate box."

"We're sorry, too much of your recent work has been freelance."

• Locked thread